Create Account

S49 PT #5: The Meta PT

If I had a single word to describe Mike Izzy as a human being of the planet earth, it would be character.

Mike Izzy has been a pleasure to get to know on the site in our interactions, I have never personally had any issues with The Augment, and I hope I never do.

He is one of the very few players in the entire league that I have not yet shared a team with but hope to in the future. He seems like a class act as a teammate and an even better friend.

Thank you for the time you have spent trying to further increase to enjoyment of the website Izzy, keep being the person you are.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 03:36 PM by Acsolap.)

Option C:

If I had to choose my favourite all time PT there is only one that fits the bill. The classic 'Naked and Afraid' PT combined all the elements that any user could want. Excitement, fear of the unknown, possibly nudity. I know it wasn't a popular pt but I felt like it forced people out of their comfort zones, made them confront natural and body image fears and work together in nakedness to achieve team goals. @Boomchecks pt was a masterpiece and I just don't think that you get those kind of thought provoking pieces in the average run of the mill PTs that we normally see around here.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Code:
A. What is your favorite type of PT? Backstory-related? Current happenings in the league (e.g., stats and standings)? Prompts about your player as an on-ice figure? Prompts about your player as an off-ice figure? Prompts about other players? (Not looking for specific ideas here, just looking to get a sense of what types of things people like)

One of my favorite types of PTs is anything where I can make up a story about my player. So anything backstory-related is what I enjoy the most. I can have the most fun with it and write anything, even if it seems completely unrealistic. For example, a story about how I started playing hockey and then I can make up something about I learned how to play hockey with a soccer ball and a stick. Or a story about the change of living in Europe and then coming to America. Just anything where I can write a quick 150 words and have a laugh while I'm writing it. I also like the PT's that have to do with the current happenings within the SHL because as an SMJHL player, it lets me keep up with whats going on in the SHL. Especially the ones where I actually have to open the index and do a little digging within the stats to see how everyone's playing.

Code:
166 words

[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

My favorite type of PT assignment would be the ones that are centered around a players backstory/off the ice personality. To me those types of stories are more interesting to ready and easier to follow along and read. Also it's the one I like the write the most because it's my player's story and I don't have to go off someone else's work. Either it's about my player before his SHL career, or about what more player does on his off days, stories like that are much easier to write. In these types of stories you can add in teammates or other people around the league into it and they can use that to build a story of their own. Lastly for me I don't have to try and use filler to add words to hit the word count, it usually just flows out and I don't have to worry about it's length.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

D.

Mike Izzy is awesome not only because he was the greatest Point Task director of all time, but also because of how great of a teammate he is on the dragons. Guy is always motivating his team after they do well, and picking them up when they have a rough game or a rough stretch. I’ve enjoyed my career here on the dragons and a big part of that is how great of a captain and teammate Izzy is. His dedication to the PT job is well appreciated by the league, and he’ll go down as the greatest PT Director of all time.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

My favorite kind of PT is backstory related. I like talking about my player, and I even like the PTs where I get to talk about my in sim performance. As long as the PTs are related to my player, and not just general league happenings, I'm a pretty happy guy.

Also want to give props to @Mike Izzy. He's been a great user since he came onto the site and has really made an impact, especially as PT director, which is an often thankless job. Thanks for everything you do, please don't go inactive. Thanks bud.

Quote:A. What is your favorite type of PT? Backstory-related? Current happenings in the league (e.g., stats and standings)? Prompts about your player as an on-ice figure? Prompts about your player as an off-ice figure? Prompts about other players? (Not looking for specific ideas here, just looking to get a sense of what types of things people like)

I'm a big fan of stuff about the backstory of a player. Might just be my origins as a writer creeping in but I do admit I have a massive soft spot for that sort of stuff and would love to do it more often. The Wikipedia one was my favourite PT of the bunch Izzy ever did and I appreciated the opportunity to sort of spread out my creativity towards my character that despite not having a rather original name, has a story I'm proud of having come up with and would gladly write more about it if the time was present and opportunities arose to do so.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Code:
A. What is your favorite type of PT? Backstory-related? Current happenings in the league (e.g., stats and standings)? Prompts about your player as an on-ice figure? Prompts about your player as an off-ice figure? Prompts about other players? (Not looking for specific ideas here, just looking to get a sense of what types of things people like)

I'm not sure if I have a favourite kind of PT. In general, I think those, where you write about your player interacting with other players are fun, because I tend to actually read other people's PTs as well. However, many of these recently were of the type "Your player and some others participate in a shitty reality TV show I know nothing about", which I generally did not like at all. Backstory related ones sound good, but you can only do so many of those before they get repetitive. I'd probably like some more prompts about locker room interactions to write a bit more about my team mates. Those can include stats and standings, but they could also just be some rp texts. I also like to write about what my player does off the ice with some friends from the league. Basically prompts that involve other players are my favourites.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

I think looking back through all the Player tasks through out this season and a lot of the previous ones I have mixed feelings. I always like the stat based tasks that help spot light your player that you work so hard to create and develop but there is fun human aspect when you can play the fun side of things. Creating back stories or events for players to give them a little back ground story or entwine them with other players through out the league. I think in the end a good mix or maybe an option for each point task per week would be the best balance. It gives each person the option to to explore their creative side or jump into their sports analytic side.

In the end thank you Izzy for all your hard work, I remember when you first came into the league and you really have put in a lot of hard work into the site and I want to say Thank you.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

I like the point tasks that allow for actual creative writing. Sometimes you don't want to dig for stats or do some weird shit and you just want to write some few words and be done with it. So point tasks that discuss the activities, be it on ice or off, of your player, are good. I don't like ones that are too narrow or require too much specificity. Those just make point tasks into a chore and aren't even fun to read because they often lack variety. Remember, point tasks shouldn't be a chore. They should add value for other users so it's important to encourage users to read.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

A: Prompts about other players.

I chose that one because of my submitted PT idea that was actually chosen as the last PT. I'm a history/trivia nut and would love to see more of these kind of prompt as the PT here but I am most likely only a small minority that wants to see it. My 2nd most favorite prompt is writing about my own player but less in a TMZ style of way of living the sports celebrity life and more about hockey on ice focused things like your pre game routine or something along these lines or who do you model your game after/ who did you look up to? Something that also involves other players if possible.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Task A

I'm a huge fan of the backstory PTs, I would absolutely love for the SHL to have more of a role play aspect behind it, and for the plays to have detailed, fleshed out stories. To go with this, I'd like PTs about interactions with players on the ice. An example could be users who role play their players to have relationships, but this is probably slightly extreme. Even details about player nights out, or just interactions between players on events in general would be pretty interesting and fun to write about.

A cool idea would be to write about promotional nights at home games, how the fans found out, how the players got involved, maybe charity fundraising drives? I don't know I'm just spitballing to make the word count here. In short, more PT's about character development and or backstories please, that would be greatly appreciated and would increse my enjoyment of the PT.

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

D. I have not been around the website long enough to compare Izzy to the previous PT directives besides Pris. I'm not too sure who did the SMJHL ones back in my first season but I remember them to be tedious and too much around using the sim stats. Pris PTs were also a lot around talk about you season etc and the CW were almost the same season after season. Izzy brought a lot of changes, made it more creative and free. There were some misses, like his last week end fun time, what a bad way to end a tenure. But in general, he did a really good job making something boring less boring.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Option D:

While Mike Izzy might be one of the goofiest, weirdest, unusual people on this site, there is no one more genuine in their enthusiasm to help the site improve. I think we kinda end up forgetting that this site is driven by the contributions we as members make, not by some random soulless ''HO'' entity, and izzy embodies that member. He's never been super high up in the shl hierarchy, but you could comfortably make the argument that he has more of an impact than plenty of people who are there right now or have been in the past. He is consistently positive, optimistic, and at whatever he does in the shl, he is dedicated and committed to making sure it succeeds. His PTs sometimes busted, but they generally were some of the most fun, creative and interesting prompts, the type you could tell were tailored for the average SHL member by someone who isn't your average SHL member. Because Izzy is above average. Izzy is king.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

The point tasks I like are ones where you get to make up scenarios and really let the creative juices flow. I wouldn't mind more of these, because you can joke about teammates and it created more activity due to tagging that makes people read what was written about them.

History tasks are good for learning, but I think the limits for it should be reduced, maybe make it more like a trivia task (like championship week) where people send in their answers, as it would also give users a break from their usual point tasks (I suggest mid point task season).

Finally, Izzy did a great job as director, implementing suggestions and being committed to improving activity in the league, and even putting up with criticism along the way and handling it like a real professional. Thank you @Mike Izzy