Create Account

S49 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019, 04:59 PM by Jenny.)

The playoffs are a super exciting time of the season. You know what makes them more exciting? Giving out a ton of TPE!

Here's how this will work: there are five tasks, each of which is worth up to 2 TPE for putting in a little effort, for a total of 10 possible TPE. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like.  (If a task includes a written and a graphics option, you will only get credit for doing one or the other, not both.)

ONLY S49 SMJHL DRAFTEES (S50 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS

Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.  [Graphics Option]  Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo.  Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements:  No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word. [Graphics Option]  Create a graphics version of your list.

Task #3 -  [Written Option]  Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why.  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words  [Graphics Option] Create a poster advertising your team vs whoever you'd most like to face in finals.  Requirements: Must include two team names, two team logos, and at least one render from each team.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.  

Task #5 -  [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.  [Graphics Option] Create an infographic highlighting any goalie matchup from the playoffs.  Requirements: Must include 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season, plus both goalie renders and both team logos.

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: 7 full days after the final PBP is complete, 11:59PM EST.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Our biggest line making an impact in the playoffs this year was our first line of Bobby Bobcalf, Artem Mozgov, and Jan Zacha. These three guys were the anchor that was trying to drag us through our playoff round, and although they couldn't quite get us there they still put up an impressive 11 combined points in 5 games. If we had our whole team working as hard as these guys did, it's very likely that we would have made it on the next round. As far as our worst pairing goes, it was likely Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. and Victor Toeman who just weren't cutting it for us as the third defensive pairing. For a set of guys that are expected to just be solid enough defensively to play a bit on the ice, they really let us down this post season with a combined -3 +/- and a sad 10 PIM's. It wasn't pretty.

I'm going to write about the top 5 mascots I wish the Kelowna Knights had instead of their current one.
1. Kenny the Knight. This guy is a legend, wearing bright green armor and dancing around with a flaming sword. Would be a family favorite.
2. Alfred. This guy is just a butler, but it really isn't a knightly assembly without someone to bring out dessert.
3. Noah Centineo but on skates. It's just Noah Centineo on skates. If you want to draw the teenage fan base out to your games, you have to make sure you have someone they can relate too and Noah Centineo is the perfect guy to do just that.
4. A bag of potatoes. This could replaced Thorstrom in net following his awful play so far.
5. The Declaration of Independence. They may be Canadian, but someone needs to read Miranda Rights out to the players who get absolutely abolished by the Knights heavy hitting core.

1. Kelowna Knights. Having a battle for B.C in the finals would have been awesome.
2. Detroit Falcons. We need some competition, am I right?
3. Anchorage Armada. If we wanted a shoe in to win the cup, this team would be it.
4. Anaheim Outlaws. Playing in the finals against my buddy @dynamite would be a ton of fun.
5. St. Louis Scarecrows. In the same regard as Anaheim, facing off against @Rankle would be a nice fight.
6. Montreal Militia. At this point I'm running out of reasons.
7. Halifax Raiders. Raiders is a cool team name but we'd still kill.
8. Colorado Raptors. With a gross branding like this they don't deserve to even be in the finals.
9. Lethbridge Lions. I don't know, someone had to be at the bottom of the list and to be honest they were the last team that I thought of.

If I wasn't to be on Vancouver, I think I would have ended up on Lethbridge. When Lethbridge made the draft day trade to acquire three first round picks, I was absolutely certain they were going to try and target Rankle, @Naosu and I with the three picks but things didn't quite end up going that way. If we were speaking on who I'd WANT to play with, it would probably be the Anaheim Outlaws so me and Lindeman could work together as a defensive unit and really change the tide for the Outlaws. With the franchise not being in a place to contend right now, I think I would be a major part of their roster and would have really helped them out.

For this, I want to look at the match up between Colorado's Knox Booth and Anchorage's Ian Venables. These are two great goalies, with Booth being an established starter in the league and Venables still trying to find his footing as a rookie goaltender on a weak Armada roster. Suprisingly, although I thought Colorado would run away with this series on the back of Booth, he let a lot of people down with a disappointing series. Finishing the seven game slug fest with a .872 save percentage, 3.52 GAA and a record of 3-4, it was a really disappointing end to the season for a goaltender who was really on fire for large stretches of the season. I see Booth bouncing back next year and doubling down when it comes to playoff time in order to really secure his title as a top goaltender in the league, especially with Colorado on an upward trend.

[Image: ws92zPV.png]
FIRST SHIFT, FIRST GAME, FIRST SHOT, FIRST GOAL
[img=0x0]https://i.ibb.co/4fx7RqP/first-goal.png[/img]
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 12:11 PM by ImASurvivor.)

Task #1
Since finals scoring hasn't been added to the index yet, we will take stats headed into the Four Star Cup finals, where Montreal's first line of center Gaspard Boone surrounded by wingers Bobby Lane and Herry Morris IV was the most positively impactful line for the Militia. Between the three of them, they were a +26 in goal differential during even-strength play showing their dominance against evenly matched opponents. They also combined for 17 goals and 17 assists for 34 points throughout the playoffs. In terms of defensive stats, Montreal's top line totaled 35 hits and 5 blocked shots. Meanwhile, the third line of center Heikki Jaakola surrounded by wingers Ricky Bobby and Phineas Gold were the most negatively impactful line for the Militia during the playoffs. They were collectively a -7 during even-strength play, often being outmatched by opposition third lines. Offensively, the third line had 5 goals and 8 assists between them, and on defense, they had 28 hits and 5 blocked shots, albeit during significant reduced number of minutes. The Militia went on to win the championship with the third line playing a key role in securing the Four Star Cup for the Montreal faithful.

Task #2
Top 5 List of Items Thrown on the ice during the S49 Finals
5 - MVP Signs and Chants, after Gaspart Boone sealed the Championship for the Militia
4 - A 5 Ounce Gold Bar, that caused a ten-minute ice-fixing delay, in reaction to a huge hit from Phineas Gold
3 - A Toy Race Car, after Ricky Bobby's two-goal game
2 - A Broom, after Montreal's game 4 loss at home
1 - An Orange Squid, leading to some awkward eye contact between members of the Militia Front Office

Task #3
1 - Detroit Falcons - By far the most stacked team in the league during S49, and it was unfortunate that we had to match up during the semifinals instead of under the Four Star Cup lights
2 - Halifax Raiders - It would have made for some quick travel times and made for an even more intense series if this battle between two rivals, and cup-droughted teams had worked out
3 - Vancouver Whalers - Another opponent located in the Great White North, these Canadian battles are always so much more exciting than the ones against American based franchises
4 - Lethbridge Lions - Another team that is featuring a plethora of rookie talent, and it would have been exciting to have a bunch of hungry rookies battling for a chance at an early championship ring
5 - Kelowna Knights - This proved to be the eventual matchup, and they played their hearts out but just couldn't withstand the Militia fight, nice to battle some of their talkative rookies though
6 - Anaheim - A team coming off a rich but short history with some young talent coming in, sadly it ended fairly quickly for them in these playoffs but I expect to see them back soon enough
7 - St. Louis Scarecrows - They were prone to losing a bunch of their seasoned veterans so to have this battle with a bunch of skilled talent, in their final chances at Four Star glory would have been exciting
8 - Anchorage Armada - Fairly distant in terms of geographic location, and we could've played in an outdoor stadium with the temperature during this time of year so that's a no from me dog.
9 - Colorado Raptors - Another team that is on the other side of the nation and in the southern one at that, fairly untalkative rookies so would not have made for a back and forth battle off the ice.

Task #4
This task is putting me in a very difficult position because I love my locker room too much to just abandon them for the Laurifer Trophy winners, but in this hypothetical situation where TPE is my reward, that is what I will do. Coming into the S49 SMJHL playoffs, the Detroit Falcons had it all going for them. They had just topped the regular-season standings by an entire 6 points, which is substantial in a league like the SMJHL where the 10 teams are usually all fairly equal in terms of skill level and SimonT chooses his winner. Detroit had made all of its decisions over the past few seasons with the hopes of peaking during S49, and that they did during the regular season. Ricky Bobby would certainly need to play bottom-six minutes since he is a low TPE rookie, but as he showed in Montreal he can still provide depth scoring. My impact would be minimal relative to the capped studs that currently possess the top-6, and the only way I have my improved their cup chances is being taken away from my semi-impactful role in Montreal.

Task #5
Montreal vs Kelowna, Mike Hunt vs Alexander Thorstrom, a battle of the titans in all aspects was the Four Star Cup finals for S49. We will look at a few regular-season games that may have foreshadowed each's performance in the finals. In the first game between these two, game 19 of the overall season, Montreal beat Kelowna 7-4, Mike Hunt played all 60 minutes allowed 4 goals but had a save percentage of .886 after making 31 saves. Meanwhile, Thorstrom got pulled after 26 minutes, allowing 5 goals in that time, having only a .706 save percentage while saving only 12 shots. In the second meeting, it was a low shooting affair but Kelowna comes out on top 4-1, with both goalies staying in the entire game this time around. Thorstrom made 15 saves on 16 shots which gave him a superb .938 percentage. At the other end, Hunt only made 16 saves on 20 shots which showed a below-average .800 percentage. In the end, Mike Hunt came out on top when it really mattered in the Four Star Cup finals, and walked away into retirement with his championship ring.

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 08:58 AM by charlieconway.)

Task 1

When it comes to line combinations that have helped the team the most, I can think of none better than the Parmborg/Namokato/Kubinec. While Suzuki Namokato's numbers didn't quite match those of his line-mates, his play was solid in both ends of the ice and he was far from an anchor on the line. Parmborg led the team in scoring with two goals and 5 assists, and Kubinec came in 4th with three goals and two assists.

Unfortunately for the Raiders, the top line of Tanner, Rush, and Cody was unable to muster up the offense needed to take out the Militia. While Cody's numbers were somewhat padded on the powerplay, the other two had a disappointing series, with just three assists for Conor Tanner and two goals for Atlas Rush. While they weren't too poor in other areas of the game, these three players were counted on by the Raiders coaching staff to provide scoring and the results just weren't there.

(161 words)

Task 2

Click HERE for a larger version.

[Image: 2eSAb9Z.jpg]

Task 3

1. Detroit Falcons. To be the best, you have to beat the best.
2. Vancouver Whalers. Defending champs? Bring 'em on. Same logic as the Falcons: earn the title, don't just coast there. Though obviously they're not quite as dynamic as they were when the won the 4SC (S48).
3. Lethbridge Lions. A lot of great rookies on this team. As a user with a rookie player, I'd love the chance to meet them on the biggest stage and prove I/we are better.
4. Anchorage Armada. With the Armada you don't know what you're going to get. They're a team that massively underperformed, but they have one of the highest TPE totals of the league.
5. Anaheim Outlaws. The matchup doesn't excite me because I don't know a whole lot about the team and its players.
6. Colorado Raptors. On the one hand, they had a poor year. On the other, it's the same situation as the Outlaws: I'm not really familiar with the Raptors either.
7. Kelowna Knights. They're a team that a lot of people sleep on. I don't know that the Raiders would be able to beat them, especially since they have a few key players that go under the radar like the team.
8. St. Louis Scarecrows. What a top line! Kandinsky, Blackwood, Muller. Scary to think of trying to defend against them in such big games.
9. Montreal Militia. I recall this being a poor matchup for the team. Plus, they have a few players and alumni I really like and I don't want to have to root against them.

(265 words)

Task 4

The easy answer is that I'd want to be on the Militia, since that's the team that won the four star cup. Besides Montreal, I think I'd want to play for the Kelowna Knights. They are a strong team that have improved greatly since season 48, and being able to lineup on their blue line would've been quite the experience. They're a well coached team, one that maybe weren't predicted to get as far as they did, and I think a lot of the players in the locker room are great people. I'm not saying I'd rather be a Knight than a Raider, but there are worse teams to be a part of.

As for slotting into the roster, it's tough to say. I think I would've been good enough to slide into the second pairing, and provide a strong presence on the PK. There's some quality there already, so maybe Barron wouldn't have been a game breaker, but every little bit counts, especially how close some of the games in the finals were.

(174 words)

Task 5

The goalie matchup I've chosen is Biz Nasty vs Mike Hunt in the quarterfinals.

Their regular season numbers were remarkably similiar. Both goalies finished the S49 regular season with an .899 SV%, and they both backstopped teams that made it top-6 to avoid the play-in. Biz, however, had 25 wins to Mike's 19, perhaps due to having played an extra 5 games. But Nasty's GAA edged out Hunt's (2.55 to 2.81).

Looking at advanced stats, they both had a 2.6 Adjusted GAA. Nasty was more dependable, with a quality start percentage of 70.45 to Hunt's 58.97. In terms of goals saved above average, Nasty finished with 18.81 to Hunt's 16.28.

But stats aren't everything. Head-to-head? Before the series played out, my money would've been on Nasty. Credit where it's due, not only did Hunt play phenomenal in the Raiders series, he was a huge reason why the Militia won the Four Star Cup. I can't count the times Kelowna could've claimed that they would have scored on any other goalie, and when you look at his form in the finals, he might have a shout as the playoffs MVP.

(189 words)

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 01:54 PM by thiefofcheese.)

Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  

Well the Anaheim playoff run was unfortunately shorter than we would have hoped so my sample size is a bit small.  But out of the 7 games we played - our 2nd offensive line (Kevin Robinson, Nick Connolly, Anthony Archer) was definitely outshining the first.  With a combined +4 and 14 points they were helping make things happen.   However, our first line (Ivan Maximus, Lallo Selman, Leonid Kofix) also put up 14 points, but with a -12.   Simply putting out offensive production and not having your forwards play defense is sure to lead to losses, and it's exactly what we saw in the first round.

Our first Defensive pairing of Jerry Mander and Ursin Zimmermann had somewhat respectable stats when you consider the complete lack of defensive help the received from the 1st line of forwards.  Jerry has been workhorse all year and pulled off 6 points with 16 blocked shots and Ursin held his own as a rookie with 3 points on the score sheet.

(166 words)

Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements:  No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word.

Top 5 Fun things to at your party after winning the Four Star Cup:

#1 - Have an awesome intro!  Every winner of the Four Star Cup puts on serious party.   I hear Montreal is going to have flamethrowers:

[Image: dmitry-orlov-flamethrowers-stanley-cup.j...C480&ssl=1]

#1 - Cup Stands!  We can't possibly talk about partying with the cup without talking about Cup Stands.  

[Image: Jimmy-fallon-cup-headline.jpg?fit=1024%2C561&ssl=1]

#3 - Always have a dance partner.   If you won the Cup but still can't get anyone to dance with you (looking at you @Z0REM ) then you can always dance with the Cup:

[Image: screenshot_20180613-143232.jpg?w=1080&ssl=1]

#4 - No more lonely nights.   If Phineas really gets into the dance things just might escalate.  Did you know the Cup likes to cuddle on those lonely nights?

[Image: cut.jpg]

#5 - The next morning when you wake up and have to think about all the bad decisions that led you to sleeping with The Cup you can enjoy a bowl of cereal:

[Image: e6sq7qrooez21.jpg]

Task #3 -  [Written Option]  Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why.  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words  

I have the benefit of knowing who won this season - but I'm going to base my ranking by regular season stats and pretend I don't know more than I do:

Ordered by those I'd like to face to those I wouldn't (as an Anaheim Outlaw):

1. Colorado Raptors - We seemed to have the Raptor's number this year.   In 7 games we were 6-1 (with 1 OTW and 1 SOW).   Although Colorado had a better record than we did - I'll take those matchup numbers any day.
  2. Anchorage Armada - Although we didn't play well against them in the regular season - they were as inconsistent as we were and I like our odds there.
  3. St. Louis Scarecrows - While not having many wins against the Crows we the goal differential wasn't large and we consistently put up more shots than St. Louis.   This would be a tight series
  4. Kelowna Knights - We split the series with Kelowna and 2 of the 6 matchups went into OT.  While a tough competitor we were able to shutdown 93.75% of their power plays and were able to convert 23% of our own.   I think special teams can win games so I'll take this matchup.   (I know this thought doesn't age well though)
  5. Montreal Militia  - We were 2-2-1 against Montreal and the 1 was a SOL so I feel we matched up pretty well here as well.   (Just assume nothing will age well now)
  6. Lethbridge Lions  - Another 2-2-1 with the 1 coming in a SOL.  And SDCore and JNH are soft as GMs so I think we can get in their heads ( Heart )
  7. Vancouver Whalers  - 2-3-1 against Vancouver and we could never get the special teams moving.   I wouldn't look forward to this matchup
  8. Halifax Raiders - An abysmal 2-4 agains Halifax and they had us on just about every stat during these 6 games.
  9. Detroit Falcons - Stacked with capped players and 1-3-1 record would leave me very concerned about this matchup.  

(337 words)

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.  

Another one isn't going to age well - but going by regular season stats only...

Looking at stats - I think I'd slot best into the Montreal team.   With only 3 centers dressing per game I think I could add some value in the middle.   A look at the regular season stats shows a few other wingers taking the center role at time with mixed results.   Specifically Cap Hatter (Rookie) - he saw 492 faceoffs with a 44.51% success rate.   A look at his build shows that his FO is sitting at 50 points at the end of the season and was a low TPE earner and only updated once.  A look around the rest of the league showed each team had a full squad of Centers and those that were Rookies looked to be at least somewhat active and good showings.  Clearly Montreal made the best of the situation and Cap's mediocre performance at center didn't hurt them much and they went home as the S49 champs anyway.

(169 words)

Task #5 -  [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.

I'll pick the Anaheim vs St. Louis Round One matchup.   This series went 7 games and each game was quite close.   With each team winning 1 game by 2 goals and each other game was won by a single goal.  I'll compre Patrick Niederreiter (ANA) and Shiqa Vitalievich (STL) as the starters for both teams.  Each team had one game in the series where the starter was moved out and a relief goalie came in (the 2 point games).  

For both teams when they lost by 2 goals the goals had a pretty rough 67% save percentage before being pulled and the backup goalie being put in.   But you begin to see some differences when looking at the other games:

[Image: Capture.png]

Of note you'll see that Vitalievich faced more shots in each of the games other than the game he was pulled out of.  While the games themselves were settled mainly by one goal - in a straight up goalie matchup it appears St. Louis had the upper hand here with a better save percentage.

(175 words)

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 04:22 PM by ACapitalChicago. Edit Reason: Finishing remaining tasks )

The biggest positive impact on our team is without a doubt line one, of Gaspard Boone, Bobby Lane, and Herry Morris IV. They always come out to play, and oh boy do they come to play fast and hard. Boone is a legend and contributed so hard in game 2 of the finals against the Kelowna Knights. The locker room was constantly lighting up with people screaming BOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEE for the dramatic plays made by that first line. In terms of specific plays, Boone was involved in the assist on the game tying goal and is responsible for for scoring the ever clutch game winning goal with Kaspars Claude and Henry Morris IV. Honorable mention goes to Kaspars Claude, Claude the Dauge as some might say. Claude came out of a trade for a first round draft pick and was worth every bit of it. Claude is a fantastic player on the ice and contributes an incredible amount in the playoffs, especially compared to the regular season. 

Top 5 Militia Players to Watch a PBP With:
  1. @RaginCajun For the consistent banter and great insight
  2. @slothfacekilla For the constant hype from Staff and Management
  3. @Z0REM For never backing down from a fight
  4. @ImASurvivor For always having a .gif ready to respond with
  5. @Bruins10 For threatening teammates into performing well
  1. Kelowna Knights, for an excellent series in the finals. Despite the final result, each game was close with excellent plays by the Knights. At no point did it feel like we could count you guys out, you're a strong team and I can't wait till next season
  2. Detroit Falcons, for the extra challenge. There was no way people expected the result, but playing against you guys made our locker room light up and get constantly fired up. Absolutely great series.
  3. Halifax Raiders, for the nerve wracking series. By god this was a close series, and I get a little anxious even now thinking about it. This was a fantastic team to play, and one hell of a first playoff series to play. 
  4. Vancouver Whalers, for the personality and excitement your team brings. You guys have so many personalities and great players, it's hard to take our eyes off the potential performance you bring
  5. Colorado Raptors, for the way you guys never give up. It seems impossible to count you guys out, and that could make a finals really scary to play.
  6. Anaheim Outlaws, personally because of how you're a wildcard. I don't know much about the team, but it's like any game against you guys could go any possible way. It'd be impossible to prepare and predict what happens here.
  7. Anchorage Armada, for the flame. I don't know what it is about you guys but it's like there's so many strong personalities on the team that our PBP would be a bonfire. It would be entertaining, but I'd also probably be hesitant about participating as much as I did. 
  8. St. Louis Scarecrows, for personal reasons. You guys were one of the first teams I really got to know thanks to communication prior to the draft, and there's just something about the organization that makes it appealing. 
  9. Lethbridge Lions, for somehow always having our number. Even if the season series was close, you guys were consistently a huge threat to the Militia on the ice, and I don't wanna feel that again in the finals.
If I wasn't playing for the Militia, I can barely imagine what team I'd be playing for. I received very little indication from any team prior to the draft as to when I was going to be drafted or even to where, but I did have some general preference on teams. Personally, I was hoping for Detroit because of their stacked team, Anchorage because of their discord, and Montreal because of the conversations I had based around recruitment with them. Of those, I would probably pick Detroit, and honestly been miserable. I would've really wanted it for the perceived easy cup chase, and end up on the 4th line with even less performance than I had in Montreal. I would have much less impact than I've had with Montreal, and most likely not ended up doing much for the team that relies on their numerous capped players. What made me excel in Montreal was the ability to be versatile and enable others on the ice, and the desire to improve that came from having such an amazing locker room and supportive Management. While how much of that would've existed in Detroit is an unknown quantity, the only reason I performed the way I did was because of being with Montreal.

The goalie match-up to highlight was the impressive one between Mike Hunt of Montreal and Alexander Thorstrom of Kelowna. In game one of the finals, both played equal time of 64:37, and kept the game close. Hunt saved 23 out of 26, 0.885, whereas Thorstrom saved 20 out of 24, for a 0.833 rating. Game two, Hunt saved 32 out of 34 for a 0.941, while Thorstrom saved 23 out of 26 for a 0.885. Small note is that Thorstrom left for the extra skater with six seconds remaining in the last period, but unfortunately didn't change the result of the game. Game three resulted in Hunt saving all but 3 on 35 shots for a 0.914 and Thorstrom saving all but 4 on 31 for a 0.871. Game 4, Thorstrom gets the W for 17 out of 18, 0.944, while Hunt saved 25 out of 29, 0.862. Lastly, game 5, Hunt beautifully saved 26 out of 28 for 0.929, and Thorstrom saved 19 out of 24, 0.792. In the end, Hunt's final rating through five games was a clean 0.906, while Thorstrom ended with a 0.865. The duel between goalies in the final was a pleasure to watch and play against, even if Thorstrom frequently denied the hopes of the Militia. Thank god for Hunt constantly bailing out the Militia when great shots were made by Kelowna.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 04:59 AM by OrbitingDeath.)

Task 1
The line combination that worked for the Colorado Raptors was Bo Kane, Emeka Valentine Okoli and Calogero Crudelli. The trio scored 7 goals together for a total of 18 points, so it shows they really worked well together on the first line. What worked less was the second name consisting if Hariken Uruwa, who was good for 3 points, Henrik Lesberg Osterman who only got 2 assists and was on a -1 rating. Together with Ja’Aj Coitus Wagg who got 4 points they did get in some work, but it was not enough. The third line of Peralta (2 points), First Name Last Name (3 points) and Vorian Atreides (4 points) got in the same amount of points as the second line just with less playtime. While the Raptors were knocked out early, there is only one line combination in the lineup that ended in a fully minus rating and that were Denver Wolfe and Heat Siecker with a -1 and -2 respectivaly. The Raptors played better than the result showed so they are ready for a do-over next year.

(180 words)

Task 2
During the playoffs the Colorado Raptors had a dinosaur bobble head sale where you could get a player and dinosaur bobblehead package.
These were the best combinations sold:

1. Bo Kane and his Brachiosaurus - even though the neck of the Brachiosaurus did not fit in the package. This was the one that sold the most as the captain is a lovely seen player within the franchise.
2. Vorian Atreides and his Ankylosaurus - second overall pick Atreides was packed together with an Ankylosaurus. The fans expect a lot from him next year so his bobblehead sold well
3. Calogeri Crudelli and the Coloradisaurus - while a lot of people don't know this dinosaur, he has a name similar to the state we are in, so ofcourse this is a must buy.
4. Henrik Lekberg Osterman and the Hagryphus , the feathery friend fitted Henrik nicely
5. Denver Wolfe and the Diplodocus - since it looks so similar to Bo's one, they needed a friend and bought the Wolfe package for this.

Task 3
1. Detroit Falcons – Anyone but Detroit has been my motto for years.
2. Kelowna Knights – as a former Firebirds/Whalers player, they always been on the other side of the rivalry.
3. Montreal Impact – I don’t want to see soccer players on the ice. They do not belong here.
4. Anchorage Armada – For calling me a spy in their locker room and besides, I don’t think our parking lot has enough room for a whole Armada
5. St. Louis Scarecrows – Since I still don’t know what sound a scarecrow makes. Can these guys even skate or move at all?
6. Anaheim Outlaws – Seeing they are Outlaws I would expect them to bring gunfire to the ice.
7. Halifax Raiders – Same reason as the Outlaws basically but I feel they would bring swords and axes, not a pleasant thought either.
8. Lethbridge Lions – I don’t even know if Lethbridge is a place or that it exists at all. Let alone having to travel to it.
9. Vancouver Whalers, as a former Whaler I wish my first junior team all the best.

(179 words)

Task 4
From the teams that I am not on at the moment, I think I would love to have played for Lethbridge Lions as well. They have a young team due to having a lot of draft picks in the last reddit draft and they will all come together when they hit their 3rd and 4th seasons. This should lead to being on a team with full capped players ready to take that victory. Next to that my manager knows their manager from when they both first started the SHL and it would be nice if he would sent me out on the ice. The Lions would fit me perfectly as they would grow alongside me to a solid team and I don’t have to worry about a lot of teammates being years in front of me progression wise. It wouldn’t increase their cup changes yet for this year as it’s just too rookie heavy, but for future years it would increase their chances even further. While I’m happy in Colorado and wouldn’t want to leave, this team certainly would be a second best option.

(184 words)

Task 5
Wildcard Round 1: Knox Booth versus Ian Venables
The first round would be between second year player Knox Booth, who is the goalie for the Raptors versus the rookie Ian Venables from the Anchorage Armada. Venables had apparead in 44 games in the regular season for a total of 2437 minutes, while Booth played 45 games for a total of 2606 minutes. This shows that while it’s only one game difference, they are more apart than that. It shows that during his rookie season Venables either got reliefed a lot or took over from his goalie in relief.
In the save percentage department we notice that Booth got to 87.7% with Venables stopping at 86.7% and also in goals against average Booth beats Venables, as Venables has 3.13 and Booth has 2.95. The stats might not be that far apart, but in the goalie department all points that Colorado should have won this series goaliewise. The hockey gods however decided differently. So great job to Venables there!
(167 words)

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2019, 02:41 AM by RaginCajun.)

Task #1
The most positive impact line for our team these playoffs is the first line of Boone, Lane, and Morris. All three are in the top ten for goals in the playoffs and continue to be a dominate force that continue to be the main scoring line for the team and a force that makes its impact felt no matter who we are performing against. Boone and Lane are also in the top ten for points per 20 minutes showing what an absolute threat and in quick order putting up massive points in a short period of time and with Boone leading the league in shooting percentage shows what a threat she is to everyone she meets on the ice. As to the worst line I would have to list the second mostly due to the fact my performance has largely been absent until the finals. I have been pulling my weight on the powerplay but if it wasn’t for Ravyn I think the line would be in more dire straits than it is. It speaks volumes that even a solid line is the one I would consider the most “detrimental.” (190 words)

Task #2
Top 5 Ricky Bobby GIFs shared in the Montreal Militia Locker Room during the Finals
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11678164]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5540617]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12865619]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3983540]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5320807]

Task #3
1. Detroit Falcons while it was tough we smoked them hard this playoffs so it seems silly not to want to list them at the top. Hindsight is 20/20
2. Halifax Raiders again because we actually beat them but it was a tough uphill battle it was not easy by any stretch but a W is a W. Again hindsight being 20/20.
3. Anchorage Armada would be next as we won sixty percent of the games during the regular season we played and none of those wins went to overtime or a shootout.
4. Anaheim Outlaws would be next with the same winning percentage of games as Anchorage but with one of those wins coming from a shootout makes them a much tougher opponent to predict and would put them slightly below Anchorage for wanting to face them in the finals.
5 and 6. It is a tie between Colorado and Vancouver with each netting us fifty percent of the games won during the playoffs but also each victory coming with an overtime win leading tho them both being similar with longetivity and making them equally tough opponents to face during the finals.
7. Kelowna would be next at a 40 percent win rate and all those wins coming from regulation time means it is a fairly solid though very tough and actual final that we are facing at this point. A tough opponent worthy of respect as they have shown the ability to beat us in a variety of different occasions.
8. St. Louis we only won 28 percent of our matchups and they were tough and brutal affairs. The wins came in regulation but the thrashings we took repeatedly through the seasons at 7 different matchups show that it would be a very tough matchup to win against. They simply dominated us early in the game and provided pressure constantly throughout not allowing us to get a natural pace to our offense going.
9. Lethbridge the absolute bane of our existence only winning 20 percent of the games we played and I can honestly say they are the one team I hated to see on the regular season schedule not only would I underperform but the other than the first line everyone seemed to struggle and we could never really find the breathing room we needed. It is especially damning in that the two wins we did net were early in the season and after that it was straight loss after loss. I would be lying if I didn't say I was excited to see Kelowna in the finals and not Lethbridge.

Task #4
Honestly with how well I have meshed with Montreal both on and off the ice it is hard to even contemplate playing for another team. Though if I had to take a stab at it, I would say Colorado Raptors if for no other reason that I was in discussions with Sleepy before the SMJHL draft and they showed an avid interest and that I really enjoyed talking to Sleepy as well. I could easily slot into their second line in replacement of Vorian Atreides. Just from a pure stats standpoint Vorian put up only 4 goals and 9 assists with a total of 13 points. In comparison I put up 12 goals and 12 assists with 24 points total almost double Vorian’s numbers. I also had a +/- of 11 compared to his -7. I also served two minutes less in the penalty minutes and produced 10 powerplay points in comparison to his 4 so more than double in that regard.  While one person does not a team or championship make, I do think I could have helped shore up their second line and powerplay unit in ways that the team was lacking. (194 words)

Task #5
For my comparison it will be Mike Hunt of the Montreal Militia and Alexander Thorstrom of the Kelowna Knights.  Going by their regular season numbers Thorstrom did start more with 44 games in comparison to Hunt’s 39. Thorstrom has a save percentage of .883 with 2.85 GAA and 2 shutouts facing a total of 1,061 shots during the entire season. In comparison Hunt has a save percentage of .899 with 2.81 GAA and four shutouts and facing a total of 1,015 shots. Both goalies are reasonably matched with Hunt showing a much stronger showing in his 4 shutouts with less games played and still facing a very close number of shots in comparison to Thorstrom. Looking at their playoff numbers Thorstrom in 12 games has a blazing .911 save percentage with 2.25 GAA with zero shutouts and facing 304 shots. In comparison Hunt in the 11 games he played has a mind numbing .916 with 2.33 GAA and a single shutout while facing 323 shots. Hunt has shown that even when facing an overwhelming amount of shots more than Thorstrom he is up to the task and can even shutdown the opposition especially since that shutout came against Detroit of all teams. (202 words)

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]

Quote:Task #1
Without a doubt our biggest impact has to be the first line of Gaspard Boone centering rookie Bobby Lane and Herry Morris IV. They've combined for 17 goals so far in 12 playoff games. The rest of the team has combined for 21 goals. That's 44% of the scoring done by the top line alone. Boone continues to be the engine that drives this line, boasting a 25% shot percentage and leading the team in goals and assists with 7 a piece. As far as least impactful, I would say the second power play unit of Tom Fiddler centering Bobby Lane and Ricky Bobby has been underwhelming, with just one goal between the 3 of them, with both Bobbys picking up assists from other power play units. The Militia continues to rely heavily on the top line to keep up with other teams, but the Militia have shown remarkable depth with so many rookies, with all but 6 players with a playoff goal so far.
165 words

Quote:Task #2
Top 5 Cellys for the playoffs
5. The Uppercut - while moving, take a knee and graze the ice with your glove as you uppercut the sky
4. Bouncy Castle -Jump into the glass in a cheer, get the fans involved in your celly
3. Are You Not Entertained? - On one foot, raise your hands in the air and give the crowd a smug smile, like this was supposed to happen
2. The Locomotive / Truck Driver - with your arm at your side, raise your fist so it points straight out from your hip, and "jerk" it back and forth in a punching motion. The higher your fist, the closer to Truck Driver you are.
1. Game 7 OT Winner - Toss all of your equipment in the air and skate to the other side of the ice to embrace your goal tender, you just won the series

Quote:Task #3 -  [Written Option]  Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why.  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words  [Graphics Option] Create a poster advertising your team vs whoever you'd most like to face in finals.  Requirements: Must include two team names, two team logos, and at least one render from each team.

TODO

Quote:Task #4
Not just because they're in the finals, but the Kelowna Knights are my pick. I had considered the Detroit Falcons because I gotta represent my home state of Michigan, but given that they have a glut of centers on their roster, I don't think they need another. Kelowna, on the other hand, has just 4 centers which is the perfect amount. However, while their 1st line center and 2nd line center are doing an adequete job, i feel their 3rd and 4th line centers could be improved, so I would hopefully slot in on the 3rd line. Granted I am playing on the second line in the Militia, I have more points the Shepard who centers the third line. Additionally, both Shepard and Lee are below 50% on their face offs, while I am slightly above. I am also a PK specialist, boasting more PK minutes played than anyone on my team, While shepard has none and lee just 7 minutes. Given that I am currently on the Militia in the finals, their chances of winning a cup increase dramatically due to the fact that their opponent has just lost their 2nd line center, and the Militia are prone to penalties.
201 words

Quote:Task #5
We're going to look at the Detroit Falcons vs Montreal Militia matchup of Detroit's Emiko Spector and Montreal's Mike Hunt. This was a series stolen by goaltender Mike Hunt, who faced 173 shots over the 5 game period and stopped 160 of them, granting him an impressive .925 sv%. Emiko Spector faced just 130 shots and made 111 saves, giving him a paltry .854 sv%. Mike Hunt let in 3 or fewer goals in every game, while Emiko Spector had 2 games with 5 goals against, 1 game with 4, and 2 games with 3 or less. Emiko was notably pulled during the 2nd period of game 5 after letting in 5 goals on 23 shots. Hunt walked away with 2.34 GAA and Spector with 3.66. By only accounting for shots, it would seem this was a series favored for detroit, who put up 40 shots in the final 2 games as they struggled for survival. But Mike stood tall both games, letting in 2 and 3 goals respectively. Meanwhile Spector acted like swiss cheese, facing 26 shots in game 4 and letting in 4 goals, and facing 23 by the end of the 2nd period in game 5, letting in 5 goals. The Militia never had more than 30 shots in a game the whole series
217 words

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 05:39 PM by CementHands.)

Quote:Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.

Quote:Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements:  No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word.
Top 5 Krashwagen Krunch moments of the playoffs
5) Game 1 vs Montreal 16:16 2nd period - Faceoff is won by Heikki Jaakola and before he can dig it out of his feet *KRUNCH* Jaakola on the ice and FR Finn-Rhys picks up the loose puck
4) Game 3 vs Montreal 8: period - Olin O'Dowd retrieves the puck in his own corner, looks up the ice to pass *KRUNCH* O'Dowd spins and throws the puck into the other corner where it is retrieved by Haley Knight
3)
2)
1)

Quote:Task #3 -  [Written Option]  Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why.  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words  
1) Montreal - I want a rematch. Throwing down the glove to challenge them. We pushed our series to the brink, and I think we would have a serious chance to beat them if the wind blew on Simon a little different that day.
2) Detroit - When they were dominating the regular season we had good games against them, and I think we even split the season series? I think it would be a good hard fought matchup.
3) St. Louis - They had some amazing players this year and I think it would be an accomplish to beat the best.
4) Kelowna - Another top team in the regular season. I think they would make a great series.
5) Anchorage - We're Raiders, they are boats, we go together like Peanut Butter and Jam
6) Lethbridge - I'm terrified of the Lions over the next few seasons. They are going to be good, so might as well play them while we have a shot
7) Vancouver - They traded us Jon at the deadline so we have expert insider knowledge
8) Colorado - I don't know much about Colorado so they are down on the list
9) Anaheim - I have no explanation for Anaheim here, they were left over

-250 words-
Quote:Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.  
If I was unfortunate enough to not be on the Raiders, the team I would most like to be on is the Montreal Militia. They are the champions. Also there are a few links to Montreal management on our team so I would feel comfortable with the familiar faces. Also they have spies in Halifax, they have connections with our Zamboni driver who ruined the ice in our zone and ruined home ice advantage.
We were able to take them to 7, but we were not able to close the series, even after being up 3-2.
I absolutely don't think I would have been helpful in any way and putting me on the ice would have most likely locked up a loss in the series, and kept my current streak of 100% series losses alive and healthy. Let's face it, Montreal ended up winning the league and if you mix with that formula, even if Karl was putting up goals like Ovie who knows what might have happened.

-168 words-
Quote:Task #5 -  [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.  

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Task #1
Boone morris lane the top of line of montreal without a doubt has been the biggest factor along with goalie mike hunt this postseason in allowing the miltia to jump out to a 3-0 in the 4 star cup final. Gaspard Boone has an impressive 9 goals and 16 points this post season and as a unit they have ammased over 40 points! But even with this lines dominance they havent completly stolen the show in the finals alone Kaspars Claude has 5 points [2+3] and raveyn tedesko has 2 goals and a helper not to mention some big hits. Its been a total team effort headlined by the big names on the first line but so far the big savior of thia group has been mike hunt, who has posted incredible numbers with 11 wins 3 losses and a shutout. Mike hunt has also posted an overtime victory and going into the finals had a .916 save percentage hes really bailed this time out at times which is what you need to win titles. This team is very good top to bottom but in picking out a weakness we will have to say the 4th line joe weston has been amazing and capp hatter as well michael fitted is so so but trying like hell its not that this line doesnt come through but if we had to pick a weakness on the team it would have to be the 4th line they had a combined 11 points coming into the finals.

Task #2.
This is a list of the top 5 ways miltia players stay lose during what has been a great playoff run

Number1. Showing the brain to mike hunt he really shudders when you catch him with it he doesnt shower with the team as you can guess.

Number 2. Listening to michael fitteds drunk political arguement storys hes always on the losing end but hes hard headed.

Number 3. Taking bets on if phineas gold will score with a new girl at the bar after the game its a 50/50 toss up.

Number 4. Shl (nhl) 20 tournaments in the locker room the clubhouse champion is capp hatter.

Number 5. Blasting katy perry albums and dance offs gaspard boone takes the cake here moments like these are what keep this club so resillent and always ready to come back in a givin game.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2019, 06:30 PM by uhh.)

Quote:Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.  [Graphics Option]  Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo.  Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

Colorado's loss to the Anchorage Armada in the play-in round of the SMJHL playoffs was disappointing, but not entirely surprising. The Raptors are a rookie-heavy team, and even though a few regular season flashes of brilliance allowed them to find their way into the SMJHL's seventh seed, this team was always going to have a tough hill to climb because of the lack of experience in the biggest games.

Carrying the load for the team in the playoffs was the top line of Bo Kane @NONAME, Emeka Valentine-Okoli @ProjectSaint, and one of the aforementioned rookies, Calogero Crudelli @jason97. Kane has been a leader for the Raptors all season. The same held true in the playoffs as well, as the Dinos' captain led the team in scoring with 8 points (4G, 4A). While Kane and Valentine-Okoli (2G, 3A) are two of the small group of veterans on this very young team, Crudelli is arguably its rookie with the brightest potential. He contributed 1 goal and 4 assists in the playoffs, and didn't look out of place on the team's top line.

Two of the Raptors' other promising rookies, Hariken Urawa and Henrik Lekberg-Osterman @Thatguy91, skated on the second line with veteran Ja'Aj Coitus-Wagg @Jaemistightdabs. Coitus-Wagg scored three goals in the playoffs, second-most on the team after Kane, but it's clear that he was carrying his linemates. Urawa and Lekberg-Osterman are going to be bright stars in the league if their progression continues, but they both struggled to consistently produce offense throughout the Armada series.

Quote:Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements:  No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word. [Graphics Option]  Create a graphics version of your list.

Top Five Luckiest Players in the Playoffs (by shooting percentage):

5: Taisei-Tiikeri Wawazat @Wawazat (HFX): The Raiders' center scored only six goals in the regular season, but in seven games in the SMJHL playoffs, he had two goals and five assists in seven games, making him a point-per-game player and Halifax's co-leading scorer in the playoffs, sharing the lead with Esa Parmborg @Steelhead77. With two goals on nine shots, Wawazat was fifth in the league with a shooting percentage of 22.22%.

4. Daniel Bischoff @dylanjj37 (ANC): The Armada's rookie center had a rough regular season as he adjusted to his first taste of major junior hockey. Bischoff had seven points in fifty regular season games, but had five (3G, 2A) for the Armada in the playoffs. He was certainly shooting a lot more dangerously in the playoffs: 3 goals on 13 shots for a shooting percentage of 23.08%. It took him 35 shots to score four regular season goals, so maybe he bought a new stick.

3. Jerry Mander @GCool (ANA): Mander isn't "lucky" per se, given that he led the Outlaws in regular season scoring with 44 points (13G, 31A). Mander finished the playoffs second on his team in scoring. The Outlaws' leader was Lallo Selman @BDonini, with three goals and four assists for seven points. Mander actually had four goals, one more than Selman. Selman's four goals came on 33 shots taken, making him perhaps one of the unluckiest players in the playoffs with a shooting percentage of 9.09%. Mander had his three goals on 17 shots, a percentage of 23.53%.

2. Gaspard Boone @Im_A_Boonana (MTL): With his playoff-leading 14 points, Gaspard Boone might not be "lucky" in the sense that he's considered to be one of the best players in the league, like Mander was this past season. Boone finished one point behind St. Louis' Nicolaj Muller @esilverm for the regular season scoring title. However, while Muller's season has ended, Boone has reached another level in the playoffs. Seven goals on 27 shots gives him a shooting percentage of 25.93%. It's crazy to think that over the course of the playoffs, one in every four shots that Gaspard Boone takes will go in. Boone would be number one, if not for...

1. Zbigniew Pokrywka @thebigschnoz (MTL): ...Boone's rookie teammate, Zbigniew Pokrywka! He might not be the rookie you'd expect to hear about from Montreal. Alexei Rykov @RaginCajun was a revelation for the Militia this season as he found his way into their top-six out of training camp and is still skating there as the team gears up for the Four Star Cup finals. However, Pokrywka has more goals for Montreal in these playoffs. Granted, it's only 1-0 in favor of Pokrywka, but that one goal of his came on two total shots, meaning that he has a totally-sustainable shooting percentage of exactly 50%. Hard to compete with scoring once on every two shots in the playoffs.

Quote:Task #3 -  [Written Option]  Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why.  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words  [Graphics Option] Create a poster advertising your team vs whoever you'd most like to face in finals.  Requirements: Must include two team names, two team logos, and at least one render from each team.

1. Anchorage Armada: They're here because it would be fun to have the chance to get revenge against the team that ended this season for us, on the league's biggest stage, no less. They also made it to the finals last season, so I'd expect to see them there again soon enough.

2. Detroit Falcons: They were just a powerhouse this season, and it's always fun to compete against the best. I imagine that Montreal must have felt pretty sweet silencing the doubters when they knocked this giant out in the semifinals.

3. Kelowna Knights: I said it below, but it would be fun to skate in a high-profile setting against a team like the Knights, especially since they have a player who is considered by many to be top in our draft class.

4. Montreal Militia: I said below that I'd also like to play for this team if I wasn't already happy on the Raptors. I have tons of respect for the veterans on this club as well as their crop of young rookies, and I'm sure we'd have a fun series against them.

5. St. Louis Scarecrows: They just had so many great players this season, like Muller, who is probably going on to have an amazing SHL career when he's done with juniors. Plus, St. Louis is always a fun city to travel to.

No strong feelings on six through nine, so a lot of the below was just based on first reaction.

6. Lethbridge Lions: Remembered almost signing with them. Nice team.

7. Halifax Raiders: Remembered almost signing with them, too. Also a nice team.

8. Anaheim Outlaws: I sometimes mix them up with Halifax in my head, but I never almost signed with them. I'm sure they're a nice team.

9. Vancouver Whalers: Nobody wants to see the same team win twice.

Quote:Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.  

If I wasn't happy playing for Colorado (which I am, 100 percent), I'd like to be playing for Montreal. The Finals series against Kelowna is going to be good one. Montreal has a core of solid rookies like Rykov, Bobby Lane @Rich, Phineas Gold @Z0REM, and Joseph Weston @ACapitalChicago. I'm rooting for them to pull it off, because I don't know if many people picked them to make it past the powerhouse Detroit Falcons. It's always fun to be the underdog, especially when you pull off the upset win.

It would also be fun to skate in the championship against the presumptive number one pick in the S50 SHL Draft, Ryan Shepard @Naosu. He's one of the most talked about and watched players in the draft class, and you know that any game against him is going to attract the scouts who come to see him. It's always fun to compete against the best.

Quote:Task #5 -  [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.  [Graphics Option] Create an infographic highlighting any goalie matchup from the playoffs.  Requirements: Must include 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season, plus both goalie renders and both team logos.

Even though it was pretty early on in the playoffs, we were treated to a particularly great duel in the quarterfinal round, between Montreal's Mike Hunt @"AtlasHunter" and Halifax's Biz Nasty @GrilledTwinkiez. These two goalies finished the regular season tied for first in save percentage, with each of them sporting a Sv% of .899.

It was fitting that they got the chance to break the tie in the playoffs, in an epic series that went the full seven games, no less. It was actually quite an offense-laden series, as only two of the seven games had three or less goals. Those two games were both won by Montreal: 2-0 in Game 3, and 2-1 in Game 7. The latter was a classic, as Halifax pummeled Hunt with shots in the second period after the teams left the first period tied at one.

After Hunt held off the assault, Montreal managed to beat Biz Nasty one more time in the third period. The Militia continued on to face Detroit, and Hunt officially took the goalie duel after extra time.

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 08:27 PM by Fitted2106.)

Task #1
Boone morris lane the top of line of montreal without a doubt has been the biggest factor along with goalie mike hunt this postseason in allowing the miltia to jump out to a 3-0 in the 4 star cup final. Gaspard Boone has an impressive 9 goals and 16 points this post season and as a unit they have ammased over 40 points! But even with this lines dominance they havent completly stolen the show in the finals alone Kaspars Claude has 5 points [2+3] and raveyn tedesko has 2 goals and a helper not to mention some big hits. Its been a total team effort headlined by the big names on the first line but so far the big savior of thia group has been mike hunt, who has posted incredible numbers with 11 wins 3 losses and a shutout. Mike hunt has also posted an overtime victory and going into the finals had a .916 save percentage hes really bailed this time out at times which is what you need to win titles. This team is very good top to bottom but in picking out a weakness we will have to say the 4th line joe weston has been amazing and capp hatter as well michael fitted is so so but trying like hell its not that this line doesnt come through but if we had to pick a weakness on the team it would have to be the 4th line they had a combined 11 points coming into the finals.
257 words

Task 2
This is a list of the top 5 ways miltia players stay lose during what has been a great playoff run

Number1. Showing the brain to mike hunt he really shudders when you catch him with it he doesnt shower with the team as you can guess.

Number 2. Listening to michael fitteds drunk political arguement storys hes always on the losing end but hes hard headed

Number 3. Taking bets on if phineas gold will score with a new girl at the bar after the game its a 50/50 toss up

Number 4. Shl (nhl) 20 tournaments in the locker room the clubhouse champion is capp hatter.

Number 5. Blasting katy perry albums and dance offs gaspard boone takes the cake here moments like these are what keep this club so resillent and always ready to come back in a givin game.

Task 3
This is my list of teams id like my team to face my team Montreal.

1. Kelowana: The reason i chose kelowana number one is you always want to test yourself against the best and they are right at the top of the league great oppent to measure yourself against.

2# Anchorage: well as much as you like to play the best sometimes you want a cakewalk thats why Anchorage comes in here at number 2.

3# Colorado: these guys because after we win we can party hard on some legal weed man!

4# St Louis: there scarecrows they ain't got no brains.

5# Lethbridge: If there like the detriot lions we'll sweep them.

6# Vancouver: with a name like whalers dont expect them to compete with us.

7# Anaheim: Don't wanna see any super liberals so I'd like to avoid this series.

8# Halifax: they gave us some issues this season would like to avoid.

9# Detroit: Best team in the league can worry you as a player would like to also avoid.

Task 4. If i were to switch clubs (id be completly heart broken montreal forever!) It would have to be colorado its a team i could help fill in on with my passing ability. Though i could help them with my passing i am not really much of an impact player so i do not think i would help much at all towards making Colorado a champion. If i had to guess I'd probably fill a 4th line role with top 6 potential by my 3rd junior season as of this moment im not a complete enough player to help Colorado as i currently am. Possibly by year 3 i could be a major contributer but for now i just dont have the ability to help this club however living in colorado would be awesome eat some legal edibles after the games! Colorado defiantly has its appeal mountains the Broncos, South Park so maybe in another life if you put a gun to my head i would choose colorado over anywhere not named Montreal.
174 words sorry this one was hard for me

Task 5. Goalie matchup of the playoffs for this one we have to take a look at Emiko Spector and Mike Hunt while Spector came in the series hot having allowed only one goal in his past 2 games mike hunt as he did all playoff long stole the show. While Emiko had the better season in terms of shutouts [6 to 4] and wins [25 to 19]Mike Hunt posted a better .899 save pct as opposed to Spectors .893 this clearly highlights Spector playing infront of a superior defence by his higher number of shutouts while Hunt has the skill superiority as shown in him bailing out his team all throughout the playoffs. whether breakaways being shorthanded or playing against elite level offensive talent and shutting them down this series was stolen by Mike Hunt. If not for the overtime thrills or one goal victories the militia would not be the champs they are today.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Task #1
The 2nd line of the Anchorage Armada was doing the heavy lifting throughout the playoffs. Jake Primeau, Joe Kerr, and Elijah Jones combined for 12 goals, 17 assists, and 29 points, on 95 shots. The first line consisting of Stavros Halkias, Raphael D'alcott, and Jonas Larsen combined for 10 goals, 7 assists, and 17 points on 86 shots. Despite shooting roughly the same amount, the second line is producing vastly more points. There are a number of potential reasons for this, the first of which is that the first line was playing tougher matchups. Of course, there's also the well documented curse that Raphael D'alcott doesn't perform in the playoffs. The bottom line, of course, is that even while playing less minutes, the second line is outscoring the first line. If the Armada can get the first line up to scratch, maybe next time they'll survive deeper into the playoffs.

Task #2
Top 5 Playoff Chirps:
5. "Sinä imetään jääkiekossa"
4. "You pregnant? Asking cuz you missed the last two periods"
3. "Check your phone ref! You have 2 missed calls!"
2. "I went to a stick and puck for like an hour yesterday and I'm so sore
1. "Keep fucking up like that and the North Stars will call you up"

Task #3
I based my rankings for who I'd want to face in the finals based on the regular season series that we played with each team. The ties were broken by closeness of games(we had many overtime losses), individual performances within the team, and matchups.
1. Colorado Raptors (we won 1 out of 5 games, but also beat them in round 1 so clearly we can win)
2. Anaheim Outlaws (we won 3 out of 5 games)
3. Lethbridge Lions (we won 3 out of 6 games)
4. Halifax Raiders (we won 2 out of 6 games)
5. Montreal Militia (we won 2 out of 5 games)
6. Detroit Falcons (we won 1 out of 7 games)
7. Kelowna Knights (we won 1 out of 6 games)
8. Vancouver Whalers (we won 1 out of 5 games)
9. St Louis Scarecrows (we won 0 out of 5 games)
Looking at the results of the regular season so starkly laid out, I'm surprised we made it out of the first round. Oof.

Task #4
For the record, I likely wouldn't seriously consider playing for any other SMJHL team, because Anchorage is my home now. If I were forced at gunpoint to make a choice, I'd have to choose the Montreal Militia. The only reason, of course, is because they're going to win the Four Star Cup this year. I think I could slot into their roster pretty easily, because after this season and especially with his performance this off-season, Mike Hunt likely won't be able to clear waivers to stay down in Juniors. Starting next season, the Militia will need a new starter and I could easily fill that position. I think I could have as good, if not better, success in the playoffs and maybe steal a game or two for the Militia. And now after all that nice stuff I need to temper it by saying that Montreal sucks and they better hope they don't meet the Armada in the playoffs next year because we're going all the way.

Task #5
Ian Venables and Emiko Spector had a heated goalie battle throughout the second round of the playoffs. 4 out of 6 games were one-goal games, and the other two games were decided with a 2 goal margin. Throughout the series, Venables posted a 2.5 goals against average, and Spector beat him with a 2.33. The variance between the highest and lowest goals against for each of them was the same, but Spector takes the victory in that category as well. Venables varied from 1-5 goals against each game, and Spector varried from 0-4. Figure 1 is a histogram outlining the goals against distribution for each goalie.
[Image: Capture.jpg]
Figure 1: Goals Against Distribution
Looking at the save percentage, Venables takes the victory with a 0.924 throughout the series. Despite having a shutout in game 5, Spector ended the series with a 0.894. And looking at shot totals, Venables faced an average of 31.17 shots per game while Spector only faced 22.33. Overall, however, when it comes playoff time the only thing that matters is letting in fewer goals and that's what Spector did. That's why his team won the series.

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2019, 08:32 PM by Ferda.)

Task #1
The Boat Gang's 2nd forward line of Jake Primeau, Joe Kerr and Elijah Jones took charge on offence as they became the most productive line for Anchorage when the team needed them the most. Even after being eliminated in the Quarterfinals by the Detroit Falcons, Jake Primeau still ranked 3rd in post-season scoring with 13 points just before the finals began. On the other hand, the biggest negative impact on the team was undoubtedly the first defensive pairing of Augustus Wang and Gabriel Johnson. Wang was stellar defensively, but his partner, Gabriel Johnson, proved to be a defensive black hole and a cancer in the locker room as he would be the source of all of their in-house conflict.

Task #2

Top 5 Armada Rookies of the S49 Playoffs
5.) Daniel Bischoff @dylanjj37 - Bischoff was great in these playoffs as he provided great depth scoring for Anchorage with 3 goals and 2 assists over 13 playoff games on the third line. He would be higher up on this list, but he ends up at 4th because of his lack of defenive responsibility. The rookie winger had the 2nd most penalty minutes on the team with 13 and a +/- of -7 which is tied for worst on the team. Regardless, Bischoff appears to be a valuable prospect for the Armada because if he becomes more reliable defensively then he will be a force to be reckoned with as you can tell that he is able to score and most importantly, he is not afraid to get into the dirty areas.

4.) Jay Reeves @jays_cloud - The 3rd liner, Reeves, was great on the third line and put up 2 goals and 2 assists over the course of their playoff run and had great chemistry with fellow rookie and line-mate, Daniel Bischoff. Reeves played a good all-around game, but still has much to work on defensively to be up to par with the other players. Fortunately, a good showing in these playoffs bodes well for his future and the growth of the rookie core in Anchorage.

3.) Augustus Wang - Wanger had a rough playoffs this season even though he was given a lot of opportunity on the top defensive pairing for the Armada as he only had 1 point over 13 games. However, the reason he is at 3rd is due to his defensive game as he was 3rd on the team in penalty kill minutes with 30, 3rd in hits with 12 and tied for 3rd in shots blocked with 14 all while posting only a +/- rating of -2. While we expected a lot more offensively from Wang, we can't ignore his imapct defensively as he played big minutes for the Armada.

2.) Ian Venables @toirekari - Budgie, the rookie who turned the Armada's season around, put up a great performance these playoffs and you couldn't ask for more from a rookie netminder as he posted a .899 SV% and a 2.93 GAA over 13 games this postseason. Venables stepping into the starting role in his first season is a great sign of development. The scary thing for other teams will be that he will only get better over time.

1.) Samuel Michaud @golden_apricot - Sammy boy was definitely the top rookie for the Armada this posteason as he put up 6 points, all assists, and was a defensive anchor for the team when they needed him the most. Michaud saw increased playing time as the coach took notice of his stellar play and he delivered by making good things happen on both ends of the ice. His point production shows good development to a well-rounded game as him and Augustus Wang look to lead the Armada blue line into battle next season.

Task #3

Most want to face - Detroit Falcons
While we struggled in the regular season versus the Falcons, I strongly believe that we could have won our series versus them during the playoffs. Each game was very close and could've gone either way which you can see from the goal differential in each game. All 6 games had both of us within 1 or 2 goals of each other with game 5 being the most tragic as we couldn't get any puck luck to tie it up. If we only got some more bounces that went our way, I have no doubt in my mind that we win that series.

2.) Halifax Raiders: Just to embarass Adam Barron again because he's just a bag skate chump who doesn't know how to use his stick.
3.) Anaheim Outlaws: They couldn't beat us in more than half our games even though we were openly tanking the season.
4.) Lethbridge Lions: How do you not beat a tanking team more than 50% of the time?
5.) Montreal Militia: The Bloc wouldn't be able to save these guys
6.) Kelowna Knights: They have weed!
7.) Vancouver Whalers: They have better weed!
8.) St Louis Scarecrows: St Louis is just a boring city, they should relocate.

Least want to face - Colorado Raptors
There's not point wasting time with these guys because we beat them and it wasn't even that hard. Sure, we went to 7 games, but we were sandbagging the entire time to stay fresh to play Detroit and they still couldn't beat us.

Task #4
If I were playing for any other team then I'd just try to make them lose, FYI because the Boat Gang is my home. If you forced me to play on a team then It'd have to be Colorado so I can at least smoke legal weed and also not care about how well I play because that's how to feels to play against them. At least I can spend good time in the Colorado mountains during my long offseason or even during the season doing outdoors stuff like camping, hiking or skiing during the winter. I don't know about how good the food or the women are there, but it doesn't really matter when no one cares about your team because you won't stop losing. Maybe I'd work hard if I played with Bo Kane because he's the only guy that seems to put in any effort around there, but if I had to pick a vacation team it would definitely be Colorado.

Task #5
Anchorage's Ian Venables versus Detroit's Emiko Spector was definitely the highlight of the playoffs for me because it was a very close match-up that could have gone either way. In game 1, Venables stopped 37 of 42 shots in the game, the most in the 6-game series, and you couldn’t have asked for any better from him as his team pretty much left him out to dry that night (particularly Augustus Wang in OT). Venables had a great playoffs after having the worst SV% among all starters with 0.867 in the regular season, but he definitely looked better than what the numbers say as he was often faced with a higher volume of shots due to his team’s poor defense. Both goalies both shined in their game 5 tilt where the Falcons won 1-0 off a 18 save shutout by Spector who faced minimal pressure from the Armada offence. Spector was definitely one of the Falcons’ better players through the series and you can tell from his .931 SV% that he was not messing around against Anchorage.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa