Create Account

S50 WFT #2 - Movie Night

10-11-2019, 05:47 PMKlusteR Wrote:
10-11-2019, 01:33 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I think the obvious choice for the Minnesota Chiefs would be to watch all 3 of the Mighty Ducks movies. The movies are set in Minneapolis and feature a team in green that no one expects to be great that goes on to win it all through the power of friendship.

We would also have the best movie snacks and drinks as is tradition for the Mayosota Chefs.

I mean, sure, Gibbles, but there's also a hockey movie about a team named the Chiefs, and it's a cult classic - Slap Shot! We can even have John Forty-One @C9Van pretend he's one of the Hanson brothers. Plus, Paul Newman is a sexy animal, so Mika ( @BadWolf ) can have her fun too. It's gonna be perfect.

I approve! Slap shot gets my vote

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

10-11-2019, 06:39 PMC9Van Wrote: That is easy! I would just pick the directors cut of the Lord of the Rings movie just so we are there for a stupidly long time.  Think it would be easier to keep them there with that than say Harry Potter.

[40 words]

I disagree Jon, HP is the best

10-11-2019, 04:08 PMLeppish Wrote: Everyone needs to see Die hard at least once, so i would sit the whole team down, get some beers, get some popcorn and have a Die hard Marathon running through the first 3 films of the series, the 4th movie would be an optional viewing and hell no we aren't wasting time on the 5th one.

Tbh leppy, you bring beer and I’m in. Also there is more then one die hard?

Clearly the best movie in existence is top gun. The chiefs should watch that. It’s a type of Chief. Just the navy kind. But seriously, top gun 2... jets... do I have to say anymore?

So, the Los Angeles Panthers have incorporated a new thing into their team bonding times and that magical thing is watching movies. Each weeks on the road, even sometimes at home games, the team gets together to watch some movies, eat some shit and have a good time. Each time, a different player picks the movie. Sometimes it's a comedy, sometimes horror and yeah. You get the point. Hiro Fujikawa's turn eventually came up and turns out, he's about as asian as asian's come.

"We watch Jackie Chan Movie. Jackie Chan a real good actor. He make me laugh the whole time, no stop. He a good fighter too. So yeah, we watch Jackie Chan movie".

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

10-11-2019, 05:42 PMTomasnz Wrote: Also seeing a few of my mates posting on the same page as me. @Weretarantula @JayWhy @ej27 I think I am going to need more explaination as to why those films are worth watching.

...maybe not @ej27 since Val is normally reason enough.

I've never actually seen Dirty Dancing lol

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Nova would choose Champions because that was his favorite childhood movie and it got him into hockey. Its also inspiring and has a team bonding vibe, good motivation going into next game.

Doubt is a dream killer

Perfect opportunity! Igor gets out his epic multi-hour space documentaries for the entire team to watch. This will be awesome, he thinks.

And then everyone leaves.

Igor watches them alone.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

We're watching The Simpsons Movie and anyone who knows me, knows why. I don't care if my teammates are fans or not, The Simpsons are the best thing on TV and no one can tell me different. Springfield enclosed in a bubble? The Simpsons move to Alaska? Bring it on.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

If I were to select a movie to watch with the locker room I would have to go with my favorite film, Reservoir Dogs. I think that it's a film that tells a good story and is engaging and I would enjoy sharing my favorite film with my teammates.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

The movie I'd pick, especially if Dick Clapper is watching as well, is Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. This is a classic bollywood banger and Zheng and Clapper had always promised to watch it together, and now they finally have the chance to.

@5ympathies

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

If Dom got to pick the movie for movie night, it's most definitely going to be Zootopia. You've got a cartoon addressing prejudice, with adorable animals, and a great song at the end for all to enjoy. 10/10 great team movie.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

I'm personally going National Lampoon's Animal House. Not only is it a fantastic comedy brought to us by some fantastic actors, the story really fits for our season so far in New Orleans. We brought in some new players, lost some old ones and now we are at the lowest point we have been this late into a season. 19 games in and we are out of the playoffs. Just like the Delta house ending up on double secret probation and then getting the hammer laid down. It's time for our Toga party boys. It's time to get our groove back and get our butts back into the playoffs. We may not do it the pretty way but just like the boys on Animal house, we will win in the end.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

If we at Buffalo stampede of course had to watch a movie, it would clearly have to be this. It perfectly embodies the spirit we have in Buffalo because we are clear winners and support the agricultural industry, thank you for listening to me.

Will throw on Dazed and Confused for the boys in the lockerroom. The guys who haven't seen it are in for a treat. A classic movie that I consider timeless. It'll resonate with the young and the old of the Panthers.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]