Create Account

S50 WFT #2 - Movie Night

The film I would pick for Calgary would be Stephen Chow’s The God of Cookery because all everyone does is posts magnificent food pictures all over the locker room and therefore this torture should continue on a bigger screen. Delicious Chinese food, comedy, and goofball kung fu action? Yes.

For the Carolina locker room, I would have to go with 13 Assassins the 2010 Takashi Miike blood fest about 13 warriors uniting together to slaughter an overwhelming number of enemies to restore justice to Japan. So basically, what Carolina is going to do this season in the SMJHL.

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]

If I had to pick a movie for Hamilton, it would have to be a horror movie of some sort, like say The Conjuring, just so I can hold onto any of them when the scenes get real spooky...not as like a romantic thing but uhhhhh just some fellas tryna not be too freaked out you know? Unless...?

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

For the San Francisco Pride movie night, I knew I had to choose an amazing film for the whole team to enjoy. I decided to show the greatest cinematic masterpiece of all time, Rubber!

Donn't believe me? Here is the trailer, prepare to be blown away.

I’d make my LR watch the last Avengers movie with me and then see who cries at the end of the movie and then whoever doesn’t cry at the end of the movie gets removed from the discord. Then I’d make them watch the Notebook and whoever cries gets removed from the locker room. There’s a fine line of emotion that must be walked.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

10-11-2019, 05:47 PMKlusteR Wrote:
10-11-2019, 01:33 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I think the obvious choice for the Minnesota Chiefs would be to watch all 3 of the Mighty Ducks movies. The movies are set in Minneapolis and feature a team in green that no one expects to be great that goes on to win it all through the power of friendship.

We would also have the best movie snacks and drinks as is tradition for the Mayosota Chefs.

I mean, sure, Gibbles, but there's also a hockey movie about a team named the Chiefs, and it's a cult classic - Slap Shot! We can even have John Forty-One @C9Van pretend he's one of the Hanson brothers. Plus, Paul Newman is a sexy animal, so Mika ( @BadWolf ) can have her fun too. It's gonna be perfect.

I do enjoy Slap Shot, but I think the important point here is that all of the good hockey movies seem to support the Chiefs in some way or another. It's almost like it's fate or something. Plus with the Mighty Ducks Trilogy we get 3 movies and Emilio Estevez.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

One day I will force the locker room of New England to watch Kabhi khushi kabhie gham. For those not in the know, or if you can't speak Hindi (amateurs) it means Sometimes happiness, sometimes sorrow. It's an absolute banger of a film and we'll all watch it with English subs because I can't speak Hindi either.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Ah man I love watching movies with my teammates, and one of my favorite movies has to be Dodgeball. It is one of my favorite sports movies, hilarious as well, and great movie about working togethere as teammates to overcome great odds.

[Image: szY1Nbi.png]
[Image: vwglei8.png]
Left Winger - Gylfi Eriksson
Update Page  ====  Player Page

It's spooky szn which means when Lallo Selman invites the whole team over for movie night, the movie of choice is none other than Halloween. The team gets to have some team bonding while getting into the spooky szn mood and of course, there's an added bonus of forcing the first player to get scared to spend the rest of the season with Martijn Westbroek on the road.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2019, 01:40 AM by Ferda.)

woops

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2019, 01:40 AM by Ferda.)

If my team was hosting a movie night, we'd have to set the mood of the place first with a bit of coupon code WANG20 at SHLKush.com before we begin even thinking about a movie to pick. Me, being the soberest of the group, will make the executive decision of watching Human Centipede 3: The Final Sequence. When you're medicated on the finest goods at SHLKush.com, coupon code WANG20, there's nothing more satisfying than watching a horror movie with the boys. If anything, watching all the Human Centipede movies would be the best at teaching us how to be more connected as a team. The movies would definitely improve team chemistry because we'll learn how to become a tightly-knit squad that is required to be successful in such a long and grueling season. Most importantly, we'll all learn how to better ourselves at taking each others shit in practice which will ultimately lead to more intensity when we train. Our goal is to take a dump on every other team by using the shit that we get from our haters to fuel us on our way to winning a chip and I strongly believe that the Human Centipede trilogy will bring is that much closer to the finish line.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Hammy movie night is an honoured tradition in the Steelhawks room, and Anazibf was eager to impress on his first movie choice for the team since being drafted. With the urge to make a positive impression, Skao picked an animation classic that was sure to resonate with Steelhawks young and old: The Emperor's New Groove. An underappreciated classic, showing Disney in their prime with some great animation and humour to match!

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

10-11-2019, 03:29 PMKalakar Wrote: As the Tampa roster is fairly young, we would probably avoid 18+ movies to not scare them to death, so I think the latest Lion King would fit well with the LR and everyone would enjoy it!

Disney live action has no personality and are shameless cashgrabs, you are poisoning the Tampa youth showing them this

10-11-2019, 05:14 PMJayWhy Wrote: Baby Driver. I would normally grab a Spider-Man movie, because those are always fantastic to me, but the best movie I've seen recently is Baby Driver. Music, story, all of it. It is just head and shoulders above the rest. It will also show some of the not so great playlist creators how important music can be to getting things going.

baby driver fucking slaps, such a great movie, i found out the other day the music baby listens to is actually synced left-right to the audio, so with headphones or a good enough speaker system, you'll notice you only hear music out of the left/right ear if baby has only one headphone in, super cool little tidbit

We are watching The Goonies! It is a classic coming of age 80s adventure flick that everybody can enjoy. All the guys can bring their families and not worry about the movie freaking the little ones out too much while also still being entertaining for the adults. Plus for some of the younger guys in the locker room it would be a nice introduction to the distance times of the 1980s.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2019, 04:23 AM by Henrik.)

Well, anything with Arnold Schwarzenegger would do but if I had to pick just one movie for a movie night it would be Commando. The quintessential 'so bad that it's good' action movie from the 80s.

Awkward and just straight up absurd montage to open the film? Check!

Cliche story line? Check!

Oiled up Arnie Kicking ass and taking names? Check!

Excellent One liners? Check!

The worst fake Spanish accent in movie history? Check!

Kills half the population of Puerto Rico with a machine gun that can't run out of bullets? Check!

He gets the girl in the end? Check!

It really is one of the best movies of all time. Nothing gets you hyped for a game like a classic Schwarzenegger flick.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]