Create Account

S50 WFT #2 - Movie Night

10-12-2019, 02:00 AMnour Wrote:
10-11-2019, 03:29 PMKalakar Wrote: As the Tampa roster is fairly young, we would probably avoid 18+ movies to not scare them to death, so I think the latest Lion King would fit well with the LR and everyone would enjoy it!

Disney live action has no personality and are shameless cashgrabs, you are poisoning the Tampa youth showing them this

Woah woah woah, but the nostalgia! The memories of watching the first movie as a kid! And I never said we'd have to pay to watch the live action Lion King hmm...

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

To give the team some insight in the history of my family, I will be showcasing the movie Dune. This will still be the 1984 David Lynch version as the new one is still being filmed. Despite Vorian being great friends with the producer and helping with the movie in his spare time, he was not allowed to showcase the scenes so far yet.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Simple question has a simple answer. We’d watch the best film of all time, the princess bride, and everyone better like it or I’m testing FA

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

10-11-2019, 01:40 PMdmills3 Wrote: In both Vancouver and Hamilton, we will be watching the Pittsburgh Penguins: Stanley Cup 2017 Champions movie. I chose this for reasons obvious: the Pittsburgh Penguins are easily the best team in professional hockey and I just have to share the thrill of winning back-to-back cups with everyone!

Oh... no one showed up to my movie night... :(

The next day as a coach I made the attendance mandatory. Notable Flyers fan Gooney retired on the spot but I think the tradeoff was worth it because I want to create a winning culture in our LR and what better way to do it than by watching arguably the best team of our era win b2b cups?

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

There is only one movie which is good for a team event: Bruce Almighty! Everyone is having a fun time and man who doesn't love Jim Carrey!

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

For movie night, playing in the Big Parm is the original Hangover. Just a classic movie, full of laughs and doesnt try to outdo itself, cough *Hangocer 2 and 3* cough. It's good to try and get the team bonding and laughing together as this season has not been what the team thought it would he at all. Hopefully after this movie might the teams chemistry will be off the charts anand come back and play like the team they all know they are capable of being.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Quote:If your team was hosting a movie night and you got to pick the film, what are you choosing? Feel free to interpret this as (a) your player is choosing a movie for their SHL team to watch or (b) you, the user, is choosing a movie for your team LR to watch together. Write 25+ words about what movie you would choose and why you're picking that one. If you see someone picking a movie you feel strongly about (positively or negatively), toss 'em a reply and let 'em know. Bonus points if the movie is hockey-related!* *(no bonus points will actually be awarded if the movie is hockey-related)

Rafe is hosting movie night and he decided to choose a classic flm. Ofcourse i`m talking about Yes Man, a great film with Jim Carrey in the lead, with atress zoe dechanel aswell. These two had a good match in this film an t is just a great tme overal..

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

For team movie night, Gunnar is going to be showing the animated feature Inside Out. Yes, it’s probably a little weird to have a bunch of your friends who are grown ass men and professional hockey players come over to watch what is arguably a kids’ movie, but it’s a really nice feel good film and the main character plays hockey, so it seems like a good choice. There will also be plenty of beer and snacks and card games to play while the movie is on.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Me and the boys are watching Inside Out. It's hockey related so we get bonus points and everyone needs a good cry every now and then. Sounds like a win-win to me. Come live with me riley @karlssens

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

10-11-2019, 05:42 PMTomasnz Wrote: Also seeing a few of my mates posting on the same page as me. @Weretarantula @JayWhy @ej27 I think I am going to need more explaination as to why those films are worth watching.

...maybe not @ej27 since Val is normally reason enough.

Good, because if Val weren't reason enough, idk if we could be friends anymore. <3

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Lyle wanted to pick a movie that was hockey related and had something to do with his team, the Specters.  Since there is not too much to choose from that share these two things, Lyle picked Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter.  The best of the series, this movie definitely fits the 'spooky' category for NOLA, and Jason wears his iconic hockey mask as he hacks and slashes @SlashACM.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

For our movie night i decided to get the team to watch one of my favourite films Jurassic Park. One of the reasons i chose this film as it shows the inner workings of the shady company that sponsors our arena. Overall the team didn't really seem fazed by the idea of a T-Rex potentially eating Kids or them overworking and underpaying staff. It's a bit worrying why people think that this behaviour is something that the Colorado Raptors should partner with.... Maybe that's why we only tend to get adults in the games.

For the Panthers I would pick one of the great American classics: The Godfather. As an Italian I love the Godfather movies and the first one is a great one-off that is very close to the books.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

I will be selected Fight Club for the boys to watch in the locker room for two simple reasons. #1 it's a fantastic movie and #2 I've become a goon with fights in pre-season and now in the season and it's because of this movie.

Falcons Canada

I ended up watching Arrival. It's such a great movie. I love that movie. What a wonderful movie it is. I love that it is an alien movie that is not really the cliche alien movie how most alien movies are.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]