Create Account

Hot Potato Trophy - SHL S50 Sim 14
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 03:57 PM by bbjygm.)

Hot Potato Trophy - SHL S50 Sim 14

Tracking Spreadsheet

SHL S50 Game 220 - LAP @ SFP

SHL Game 220 Advanced Taterlytics Report:
Posessor: Vince Reaper @ViN
Team: San Francisco Pride
Victim: Borromini Cannellini @ArGarBarGar
Team: Los Angeles Panthers
Time: 16:56 of 1st period
Total possession time:  16:56
Hot po-take-to:

The Taterlytics department was actually mildly surprised that Vince Reaper kept the Potato this long.  The "second" line player for the Pride logs a ton of ice time for San Francisco (top three for forwards on the squad, hence the quotation marks) and he certainly knows how to throw hits.  After not dishing the Potato in the previous game, about 17 minutes elapsed in the first period against the rival Panthers before Reaper finally found his victim.  Thanks to chaos following a face off, Vince Reaper lined up Borromini Cannellini and took his shot for a hit.  The blow was glancing, and Cannellini managed to get his shot off, but the Potato had a new master hailing from Los Angeles.  Could we see a prolonged Potato possession from the American forward?

Posessor: Borromini Cannellini @ArGarBarGar
Victim: Knute Knurtsson @Ason94
Time: 17:07 of 1st period
Total possession time:  0:11
Hot po-take-to:

Of course we wouldn't get Borromini holding onto the Potato for long!  The man currently leads the Panthers in hits with over 100!  It does seem like Borromini Cannellini was a bit offended by the potato as he did not hold onto it for more than eleven seconds.  When his shot resulted in a face off, Cannellini skated around examining the Potato.  He must not have liked what he saw because he wasted no time hitting the man across from him in the circle: Knute Knurtsson.  BC furiously shoved the Potato into Knute's hands as the rest of the Panthers manically tried to lob shots on net to no avail.  Someone on social media says they heard Cannellini curse the Potato as he skated away, but that has not been confirmed.

Posessor: Knute Knurtsson @Ason94
Victim: N/A
Time: N/A
Total possession time:  47:53
Hot po-take-to:

I am actually interested to see how long Mr. Knurtsson holds onto the Potato in this instance.  After an insanely short reign by Cannellini, Knurtsson is making a case to be a long term owner.  While Knute does play a lot of minutes for the Pride, coming in at just under 22 minutes per game for San Francisco, Knute doesn't hit a whole lot.  He isn't a slouch in the physicality department as he currently has 28 hits, but there are many more Pride players who hit more often than Knurtsson, and that could be an issue if he does not like the Potato.  Knute did ultimately score the game tying goal late in the third period, earning the Pride a point in an eventual shoot out loss.  So at the very least, I think this is a start to a good relationship between Knute and the Potato.

SHL S50 Game 231 - SFP @ HAM

SHL Game 231 Advanced Taterlytics Report:
Team: Hamilton Steelhawks
Total possession time:  1:00:00
Hot po-take-to:

Knute claims his first solo Potato game right away with a hitless performance against the Hamilton Steelhawks.  Knute played the second most minutes of any Pride player, but he was largely uninterested in sharing the Potato.  Knute was definitely brilliant in the face off circle, but ultimately unable to post any goals or assists to help San Francisco claw back into the game.  It does not seem like the star forward minds the Potato, and look for Knurtsson to continue this streak in the upcoming tilt against the Manhattan Rage.  We will be crossing our french fries here in the Taterlytics community that the Potato will bring Knute good luck.

SHL S50 Game 236 - SFP @ MAN

SHL Game 236 Advanced Taterlytics Report:
Team: Manhattan Rage
Total possession time:  1:00:00
Hot po-take-to:

Well we have started to gain some momentum for Spud Knurtsson as he decided he liked the Potato more than hitting opposing players.  Knute managed to go the entire game without laying the body against Manhattan.  It was a frustrating game for the entire Pride team against the Rage, and Knute was especially frustrated seeing so many minutes this game go along with a lack of results.  One bright spot on the day for Knute was in the face off circle, winning 13 of 23 on the game (both tops for the Pride).  Ultimately Knurtsson did not score at all this game, but he did show up on the jumbotron while on the bench where he was smiling down at the Potato.  So at least so far, Knute is not blaming the Potato for his team's 4-1 loss to the Rage.  Lets hope their relationship can lead to more fruitful results next game.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

When I was tagged in this I was like "oh no", then I saw I got rid of it quickly so everything seems to have worked out.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

10-17-2019, 04:00 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: When I was tagged in this I was like "oh no", then I saw I got rid of it quickly so everything seems to have worked out.

Definitely by far the fastest I've seen in my reports (unless my memory is that bad)

[Image: 66818_s.gif]