Create Account

Texas Renegades punishment

Oh wow. Didn’t know Rabid was in Texas.

But asides from all the chatter, it seems the CAL & NOLA was the case of unregressed players while here we also have 2 more wrongdoings surfaced in not moving a player to the proper place, using him in lines after cutting and not including in the budget sheet. It makes sense they got docked on top of GM pay for more transgressions.
Though as RED mentions and I do agree with that assessment, all those punishments are rather laughable, whether it's a low amount of money or pick in the shallow draft and could lead to further infractions because people might feel encouraged to stretch the rules. Forum/sim suspensions could be fairly more effective in discouraging such events and paying more attention to the details.

Certainly the regression process should be revised and maybe started earlier to give more time or consider creating a dedicated job (Regression Auditor/Updater?) to go through every update thread and approve regression separately to reduce the mistakes to the minimum (not an original idea, PBE just introduced it last season and it seems to be working quite nicely). Approving regression in players update thread also leaves a clear written trail that can be retraced later to prove if GMs/players fulfilled their duties properly.
That wouldn't solve Free Agents that have no one to take care of their regression, but HO/Responsible person should at least leave a note (in big red letters preferably) on players page that before picking him up he has to be regressed by X amount from his attributes, before being eligible to play, maybe even add X to his player thread title to mark that.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

10-20-2019, 08:00 AMmajesiu Wrote: Oh wow. Didn’t know Rabid was in Texas.

But asides from all the chatter, it seems the CAL & NOLA was the case of unregressed players while here we also have 2 more wrongdoings surfaced in not moving a player to the proper place, using him in lines after cutting and not including in the budget sheet. It makes sense they got docked on top of GM pay for more transgressions.
Though as RED mentions and I do agree with that assessment, all those punishments are rather laughable, whether it's a low amount of money or pick in the shallow draft and could lead to further infractions because people might feel encouraged to stretch the rules. Forum/sim suspensions could be fairly more effective in discouraging such events and paying more attention to the details.

Certainly the regression process should be revised and maybe started earlier to give more time or consider creating a dedicated job (Regression Auditor/Updater?) to go through every update thread and approve regression separately to reduce the mistakes to the minimum (not an original idea, PBE just introduced it last season and it seems to be working quite nicely). Approving regression in players update thread also leaves a clear written trail that can be retraced later to prove if GMs/players fulfilled their duties properly.
That wouldn't solve Free Agents that have no one to take care of their regression, but HO/Responsible person should at least leave a note (in big red letters preferably) on players page that before picking him up he has to be regressed by X amount from his attributes, before being eligible to play, maybe even add X to his player thread title to mark that.

To your last point, a player in regression or entering regression who wasn't on an SHL team is auto-retired. It's pretty uncommon to have a scenario where you're regressing a free agent, cause the good ones don't tend to sit in FA long, and the auto-retire feature kicks in once they've missed a regression (which is what happens when they sit in free agency for a season).

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

@BarnabasCollins did you stop replying and start downrepping cause there was a bingo sesh in the lounge

I wonder what else we can get away with.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

all of these children joining my online simulation hockey league ????

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

[Image: FlamboyantUnfinishedGuillemot-size_restricted.gif]

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

10-20-2019, 11:09 AMSamee Wrote: @BarnabasCollins did you stop replying and start downrepping cause there was a bingo sesh in the lounge

Weak. You probably shouldn't of even posted this. Besides everyone with dropped balls knows Bingo is played in a hall, not a lounge.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

[quote='uhh' pid='2716472' dateline='1571537869']
jfisher on izzy in september, for comparison

[quote]
1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

9. You guys are consistently near the top of the standings, have some established legends like Izzy, and have nice uniforms on top of that. Other than that, I'm not really sure i know much about the current team. 
[/quote]

Lmao and then I became aware Calgary is a bunch of hypocritical 65 year old boomers that pick on 17 year olds

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

10-20-2019, 12:30 PMjfisherr Wrote: Lmao and then I became aware Calgary is a bunch of hypocritical 65 year old boomers that pick on 17 year olds

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

10-20-2019, 12:25 PMWasty Wrote:
10-20-2019, 11:09 AMSamee Wrote: @BarnabasCollins did you stop replying and start downrepping cause there was a bingo sesh in the lounge

Weak. You probably shouldn't of even posted this. Besides everyone with dropped balls knows Bingo is played in a hall, not a lounge.

Weak. You probably shouldn't of even posted this.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

10-20-2019, 12:59 PMSleepy Wrote:
10-20-2019, 12:25 PMWasty Wrote: Weak. You probably shouldn't of even posted this. Besides everyone with dropped balls knows Bingo is played in a hall, not a lounge.

You honestly thought it was a great idea to post this?

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

10-20-2019, 12:25 PMWasty Wrote: Weak. You probably shouldn't of even posted this. Besides everyone with dropped balls knows Bingo is played in a hall, not a lounge.

True story

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

10-20-2019, 12:30 PMjfisherr Wrote:
10-19-2019, 10:17 PMuhh Wrote: jfisher on izzy in september, for comparison

Quote:1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

9. You guys are consistently near the top of the standings, have some established legends like Izzy, and have nice uniforms on top of that. Other than that, I'm not really sure i know much about the current team. 

Lmao and then I became aware Calgary is a bunch of hypocritical 65 year old boomers that pick on 17 year olds

I'm 65 now? Fuck yeah I didn't even have to finish college and I'll get to retire in a few years.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

This post was so embarrassing it gave me an existential crisis. Made me question my whole life.

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

10-20-2019, 12:25 PMWasty Wrote:

I don't think you can call my post weak then follow up with another balls dropped xD line