Create Account

Remove defense from weakness options?

10-24-2019, 04:00 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
10-24-2019, 03:40 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Someone, anyone, it really shouldn't be that hard to do better than Simon T.

FHM is so close to being perfect. Do you have 6? Apparently the exports in that are improved but I don't believe the person who told me that. You also can't turn off suspensions...

Yes I have FHM6, I was part of the beta test team for it actually. Please complain on the FHM forum that you can't turn suspensions off, they don't seem to think it's a big deal and the few of us that have been complaining seem to be brushed aside. The exports are alright in it, there's a lot of info there, but it's still lacking individual game information, which I think is the reason it can't be used yet. I've been suggesting they add it for a while, if they did it would be great for a sim league.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2019, 04:46 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

10-24-2019, 04:19 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
10-24-2019, 04:00 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: FHM is so close to being perfect. Do you have 6? Apparently the exports in that are improved but I don't believe the person who told me that. You also can't turn off suspensions...

Yes I have FHM6, I was part of the beta test team for it actually. Please complain on the FHM forum that you can't turn suspensions off, they don't seem to think it's a big deal and the few of us that have been complaining seem to be brushed aside. The exports are alright in it, there's a lot of info there, but it's still lacking individual game information, which I think is the reason it can't be used yet. I've been suggesting they add it for a while, if they did it would be great for a sim league.

Yep, individual game info is the obstacle. I can make the index generator myself from the exported info, the issue is that there's just nothing there!

Suspensions though... Yeah that's a deal breaker. I complained already but maybe I should bring it up again

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/show...stcount=23

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

10-24-2019, 04:45 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
10-24-2019, 04:19 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Yes I have FHM6, I was part of the beta test team for it actually. Please complain on the FHM forum that you can't turn suspensions off, they don't seem to think it's a big deal and the few of us that have been complaining seem to be brushed aside. The exports are alright in it, there's a lot of info there, but it's still lacking individual game information, which I think is the reason it can't be used yet. I've been suggesting they add it for a while, if they did it would be great for a sim league.

Yep, individual game info is the obstacle. I can make the index generator myself from the exported info, the issue is that there's just nothing there!

Suspensions though... Yeah that's a deal breaker. I complained already but maybe I should bring it up again

Oh you complained in the same place I did lol

10-24-2019, 04:45 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
10-24-2019, 04:19 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Yes I have FHM6, I was part of the beta test team for it actually. Please complain on the FHM forum that you can't turn suspensions off, they don't seem to think it's a big deal and the few of us that have been complaining seem to be brushed aside. The exports are alright in it, there's a lot of info there, but it's still lacking individual game information, which I think is the reason it can't be used yet. I've been suggesting they add it for a while, if they did it would be great for a sim league.

can yall link where i can complain? I think this should get more voices from SHL, maybe their devs will hear us and give us what we want.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

10-24-2019, 04:54 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
10-24-2019, 04:45 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Yep, individual game info is the obstacle. I can make the index generator myself from the exported info, the issue is that there's just nothing there!

can yall link where i can complain? I think this should get more voices from SHL, maybe their devs will hear us and give us what we want.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/show...?p=4550018

Probably no point in saying it's for the SHL specifically, it probably has more meaning to them if they are random players just asking to be able to turn them off.

10-24-2019, 05:24 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
10-24-2019, 04:54 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: can yall link where i can complain? I think this should get more voices from SHL, maybe their devs will hear us and give us what we want.

Probably no point in saying it's for the SHL specifically, it probably has more meaning to them if they are random players just asking to be able to turn them off.

i don't wanna make an account LOL

10-24-2019, 05:24 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
10-24-2019, 04:54 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: can yall link where i can complain? I think this should get more voices from SHL, maybe their devs will hear us and give us what we want.

fuck it dude give updoots

Is HO looking at this? Or the Ifa bidding one?

Do you think we need to add a new option to weakness then to those archetypes or would you just leave it as is?

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

10-30-2019, 09:27 AMTomasnz Wrote: Do you think we need to add a new option to weakness then to those archetypes or would you just leave it as is?

Looking at it it's mostly offensive minded builds that have defense as an option (mostly checking or defense as the two choices). I'd suggest replacing the defense option with 'strength' as a weakness.

10-30-2019, 09:32 AMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
10-30-2019, 09:27 AMTomasnz Wrote: Do you think we need to add a new option to weakness then to those archetypes or would you just leave it as is?

Looking at it it's mostly offensive minded builds that have defense as an option (mostly checking or defense as the two choices). I'd suggest replacing the defense option with 'strength' as a weakness.

That feels right. And the four builds that can have defense as a weakness all could have strength as a weakness choice.

Those are: offensive forward, sniper forward, playmaking forward and offensive defensman

Player Page

TBH just add an automated archetype program that automatically puts earned TPE into the "correct" stats if we want to make things babyproof. That is pretty much what is happening anyway.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

10-30-2019, 10:14 AMスウェグキング Wrote: TBH just add an automated archetype program that automatically puts earned TPE into the "correct" stats if we want to make things babyproof. That is pretty much what is happening anyway.

This is a bit of a ridiculous way to look at this. Recreates all know that defense is a terrible weakness, so all leaving this does is make rookie players worse. The mentor team has taken it upon themselves to help these people correct their builds so they don't have a terrible experience on the site and leave (all players who kept a defense weakness have gone inactive). The point of this isn't to babyproof it, it's to keep more people active.

10-30-2019, 10:14 AMスウェグキング Wrote: TBH just add an automated archetype program that automatically puts earned TPE into the "correct" stats if we want to make things babyproof. That is pretty much what is happening anyway.

Let's talk about it in another thread so not to derail this one. But I definitely think the archetypes could be better set up to both provide choice in builds but also to make players make more interesting decisions in builds as well. None of which would likely have a big impact at juniors (rookies) but might have interesting effects at a senior level.

Player Page

Hot take Sweg

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]