Create Account

S51 PT #1 - The Delay

bleh

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

When Stavros Halkias received the news of his call-up to Los Angeles, he did not believe it. He immediately began hitting the weights and really focused on Training Pretty Efficiently, He was awake at 4 am, and asleep by 8 pm. Every day either on the rink or in the gym. So, when he heard news of the lockout, he just about SNAPPED. All of his preparation with no reward. This developed into an existential crisis - “this is my last time being care free.. i’m in the pros now”. Starvos’ realized that once the season commenced, there was no more screwing around. Stavros was very use to abdicating his responsibilites, something he could no longer do. Stavros now sits in a small, damp and dim room - lit only by the light of the 32 inch SANYO television broadcasting Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Beer cans illuminate in the blue light - Stavros's last binge....

During the lockout, I continued trying to fine tune my game. Since I legally couldn't interact with the coaching staff due to the lockout, I trained with some of my old minor hockey and junior coaches to get their thoughts on my game. That's when I got some wonderful advice and a new perspective on the game.

My old junior coach looked me right in the eyes and said the biggest flaw in my game was that I try to pass the puck into the net. "You need to be more selfish!" he said. I found this odd considering I just left SHL defenders in goals but he made an interesting observation. He said that when I get into good scoring chances and pass 99% of them, maybe 40 go in. But if I only pass 40, I score 99. If I could pull this off, he thinks it could make my style of play gamebreaking, and I look forward to testing this aggressive style once the puck drops on the season

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Otis B. Driftwood is an addict. He likes to smoke cigars, drink martinis, occasionally chase the dragon, have sexual relations with one or more consenting adults, gamble large stakes and generally chase every rush that comes his way. He is a man addicted to experience and vice.

Given his personality, the off-season after winning the Challenge Cup has been an emotionally, intellectually, spiritually physically and Karma challenging haul. Otis has put himself through heaven, hell and everything in between during one of the epic benders of all time. Songs and legends have sprung up in the wake of his passing. Men and women have been left heartbroken, oily and sore in a series of cheap rooms. This grind has gone on, almost without respite, since he hoisted the cup out at center ice.

But wily ole’ Otis is a veteran. He’s been through the wars many times before. He knows what a season entails and the cost to be paid. Therefore ten days before the preseason starts, Driftwood breaks the cycle. He heads out to the desert to start a cleanse. Spending his time stretching and doing yoga, sitting in a sweat lodge, drinking only water and some fruit juices, Otis begins repairs upon his battered and bruised being. He engages in meditation and opens himself to the universe. Toxins and vile substances ooze from his pores and other apertures.

Otis eventually arrives at The Big Parm, with fire in his belly and a disturbing gleam in his eye. Sitting at his locker, puffing on an El Cheapo cigar, he is ready. Let the games begin.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

During the lockout nicolaj went into hibernation. After having stored his pucks and sticks for the break he went for his usual off-season long nap. However he slept too much and managed to oversleep. When he woke up a bit late nothing was happening and it seemed like the league was starting as normal. However he checked the calendar and the league was supposed to have started a month earlier. A confused nicolaj messaged his teammate Viktor Marius “what happened?” “Ah nothin much,” Marius replied, “ just the league nearly collapsing in upon itself but that isnt a big deal anymore we cool and good.” Nicolaj responded with a satisfied, “aight man coolio” and went back to sleep. In another wild turn of events he managed to both physically and metaphorically miss the preseason. Wow what a surprise a sucky player missing the preseason. Cant wait to see how bad he is during the season.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

White Goodmans view on the " Lockout" is an interesting one. When asked about it he always says the same thing. " of course there's a lock out. How else are they supposed to slow down a face of the brand like me?" While he thinks conspiracy runs through out this delay, he has also taken the time to vacation to the Caribbean. As an italian, he never needed to go to the southern beaches until now. He spent his time with grappa in one hand and an italian sausage sandwich in the other. Of course this was all great until Vancouver called him and said he needed to get back because the smjhl was about to begin again, that led to more conspiracy theories and more White Goodman talk. While we may never fully know the extent of the " Lockout", with a player like White Goodman, we will never ever be short of reasons, no matter how far fetched they are.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...ntry128686

[Image: giphy.gif]

PBE PT

Atlas Rush would use this extra time working on and at his Bar in Calgary Called Pr%f Cocktail Lounge. He would invite any of his team mates or other members of the league to drink there and educate them on the wonderful whiskey selection Atlas Carries. He would use this time to create a bunch of cocktails and pairings for his team mates pre game meals. He would work on creating the perfect drink pairing for Esa @Steelhead77 and His Parms. He would create a cocktail called "The Upgrade" for The Augment himself @Mike Izzy. He will also Create a Metal Casing for the blow torch he uses to make Old Fashioned's. The Metal Casing will of course be in the shape of a dragon so it looks like the dragon is blowing fire over the smoking board before you catch the smoke in the glass and serve the drink!

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Tor Tuck spent a lot of this off season checked out and preparing himself for what is going to come after his SHL career. This includes a lot of self reflection, traveling to far off places, and spending some time with his family that has been lacking over the past few years. Furthermore, as part of his life after the SHL Tor Tuck is also focusing on hitting the books and some self improvement via some advanced education. These activities have taken so much of his time that he has become quite invested in the associated activities. Thus, while it is unfortunate the league is having these issues with disagrees and other complicated issues resulting in delays to the season. Tor Tuck has really not been personally impacted by these changes and instead is just living his life. Overall, he has been able to pass the time without too much struggle at all and has really seen just how much he has going for him outside of the SHL.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

PBE PT

Mitchell Maurice needs all the time you get this offseason as he has been dealing with chronic back but and knee pain. He has decided that this offseason was a great time to get some rehab done and was hoping to not miss much of the season but early setbacks caused him some delay the delay in the offseason allowed to marry has to be fully healthy regaining some of that long-lost physical play from his game that you was well known for when he won the season 46 Dar trophy now obituaries has decided that he has his eyes set on being a top checkered in the league and hopefully that translates into him having a successful season as a effective two-way forward in the shl once again. Marius use the extra time to do a lot of aerobics in the water and stretch his body out unfortunately he was doing it in the Niagara and many tabloid pictures of him naked in the Niagara falls were on the internet

Jon Forty-One just basically decided to train. Recently he got visited by a fellow cult member that made him realise that whilst he is doing the best out of the 3 players he needs to really needs to make the Chiefs better as fast as possible due to the issues he has had in the league. Redemption and revenge are both a hard path but he is now putting the hours into training and got rewarded by moving up to the 2nd line for the Chiefs. He is very focused on taking more names off his revenge list this season.

He usually just spends his time relaxing before the big games but he went a lot harder this season after getting a bit of a wake up call from the cult he is very focused on his 2nd season in the major leagues of the Simulation Hockey League. He is now looking like his old self again that helped carry the Whalers to a 10th championship but time will tell what Jon is able to do.

[177 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Ricky Bobby caught wind of the S51 lockout after it was too late, as he had already started his pre-season training regime which involved being on-ice each and every day practicing his edgework and power strides. Clearly he had been working on the wrong skill because the key to being an elite player in this hockey league was to neglect any work on passing to his teammates and focus solely on his shooting release, power, and accuracy. Either way, once RB learned about the lockout over exploitation in the big leagues, he was able to focus his concentration completely on the international tournaments he was taking part in during the offseason. The IIHF brought heartbreak for Bobby, as the team he just transferred to in Switzerland was bounced from advancing past the round-robins narrowly, as they almost knocked out his former team in the United States, he ended that tournament with a measly 1 goal and 1 assist through 12 games. Meanwhile, Ricky was also still eligible for the World Junior Championships where he was named an alternate captain for Team Alpine, however, this tournament was facing problems of it's own as it was discovered that one of the team's had brought an ineligible player and used him to increase their depth, causing further delays. Thus far, RB has 7 goals and 4 assists for a strong Alpine team through 16 games. Ricky Bobby is ready to get back on the ice for the final time in his junior career after working hard on his shooting and skating this offseason, hoping to smash records along the way.

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets

Vandy took it easy and just kept going with his training rhythm and easing himself back into the psychological maelstrom. There's not much you can do when the league is locked out, you didn't do it nor do you have a hand in fixing the problem. You are literally just a feather on the wind. Tom Petty said it best though, the 'Waiting is the hardest part'. It is, because you hope to be finished and ready to start camp at a certain time and now you're left wondering if there will be a season at all. Luckily, you have teammates who are good at helping you re-frame your mindset and who help ease any tension or stress. So in addition to doing their own thing, Vandy sought out Cass Darrow to train together and grab a bite to eat with like they used to do down in the J.