Create Account

***BREAKING*** BOARD REPORT OPINION PIECE

BOARD REPORT OPINION PIECE
968 words

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

I'm really enjoying all of your newspapers! there is clearly a lot of effort put in. Keep up the great work!!!! raiders raiders raiders

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

[quote pid='2740714' dateline='1575439277']
@Rublic Thanks!
[/quote]

Some controversy in Halifax!

Great stuff as always dude.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Might relaunch my magazine after seeing this, you inspired me

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

I really like this work too!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

My good sir, while I enjoy the formatting of this piece and the writing, I must ask you a question.

Some of these grades are mad wack. What was your criteria here?

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

12-13-2019, 06:21 PMDuff101 Wrote: My good sir, while I enjoy the formatting of this piece and the writing, I must ask you a question.

I tried to focus only on defensive stats. Primary stats were Hits, plus minus, time on ice, penalty’s taken, and shots blocked.

Those were then used in comparison to whichever player led in that category as the player with the most hits, which would slow down opposing players and potentially create defensive turn overs. The player that led in the category was given 100 total points.

Plus minus was a little more difficult as it ranged between +14 and -11 (as of yesterday). That was a point disparity of 25. That meant 14 was worth 100 points and every Minus less than 14 was worth 4 less points. 

Similarly penalty time was harder to calculate and required a new form to calculate how much every minute of penalty time cost you. For a perfect score you needed a player who took 0 penalties. Every minute you had cost you 3.6 points from the maximum.

Time on ice was thrown in because I noticed some players with less ice time had better plus minus in comparison to those with large amounts of ice time and that inflated the plus minus stat.

12-13-2019, 06:43 PMmxman991 Wrote:
12-13-2019, 06:21 PMDuff101 Wrote: My good sir, while I enjoy the formatting of this piece and the writing, I must ask you a question.

I tried to focus only on defensive stats. Primary stats were Hits, plus minus, time on ice, penalty’s taken, and shots blocked.

Those were then used in comparison to whichever player led in that category as the player with the most hits, which would slow down opposing players and potentially create defensive turn overs. The player that led in the category was given 100 total points.

Plus minus was a little more difficult as it ranged between +14 and -11 (as of yesterday). That was a point disparity of 25. That meant 14 was worth 100 points and every Minus less than 14 was worth 4 less points. 

Similarly penalty time was harder to calculate and required a new form to calculate how much every minute of penalty time cost you. For a perfect score you needed a player who took 0 penalties. Every minute you had cost you 3.6 points from the maximum.

Time on ice was thrown in because I noticed some players with less ice time had better plus minus in comparison to those with large amounts of ice time and that inflated the plus minus stat.
I’m more talking on the GK side.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

12-13-2019, 08:08 PMDuff101 Wrote:
12-13-2019, 06:43 PMmxman991 Wrote: I tried to focus only on defensive stats. Primary stats were Hits, plus minus, time on ice, penalty’s taken, and shots blocked.

I’m more talking on the GK side.
For the goal keeper analysis I didn’t independently analyze their goalies as most started their backup a few times. Instead it is a more a team performance of the goalies. I combined their goalies stats from their starts, including GAA, Save %, and Goals Against. 

So some teams may have one of the best goalies in the league, however they don’t start every game and if their backup performs too poorly it dragged down the overall GK score.