Create Account

S51 Championship Week

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)

I am choosing to go to game 4 of Hamilton, cause why the hell not? Plus, who likes Edmonton anyways? With SDCore fronting the bill, I will take it easy on him. I will only ask for a half dozen beers and a pretzel. Which I think it is more than fair that I find a couch to sleep on while in town. So I think all that adds up to is some plane tickets, $75 in food and beer, and a chance to see the cup get raised by a home town crowd. SDCore is getting off really easy here, but if he plans on doing this again next season, well I might just have to go all out. I am getting to old for all this traveling on the Commissioner's dime. I think I will not take the VIP trip next season now that I think about it more.

[151]

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S51 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

I have seen the future folks. I have seen the way things play out in a different reality. Something small changed that made everything different. Hamilton does not make the playoffs due to a slight change in how the sim operates. The high shooting low passing style of play does not work in this reality, in fact it is quite the opposite. High passing player run the league, so much so that a new rule has to be into place. One that bans passing being over 20 points higher than scoring. Strange how close this reality is to ours. Anyways, with this comes a new winner. A new Challenge Cup Champion. One no one expects. The Montreal Militia is your SHL champions. Yes, I guess I should have mentioned that Montreal was moved into the SHL instead of rebranding to Carolina. There you have it folks, the Militia win the Challenge Cup in a different reality where passing is King.

[160]

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Pretend that your team has hit an injury bug - the roster is so depleted that your coach is asking you to play out of position. What position is your coach asking you to play and what about your player build will help you be successful in this new role?

Oh man, our defense core just got hit hard. Literally. We lost three defenseman in the last game, we have to call up two from the minors and one forward up, as we do not have another defense prospect. The coach came to me. "Williams, you know why I am here." Is what he started off with, and yes I did know what he was here for. He was here to ask me to play on the blue line. I said yes of course. Why? I am a two way forward. I pride myself on playing a 200 foot game. What stats of mine will transfer over? Let me name 4 stats that are high enough to play as a defenseman or forward. Defense at 99, no brainer here, I know how to shut down a player and I know how to position myself. Puck Handling at 90, i can block shots, I can dangle, I cna do other puck handling related things. Skating at 99, it will be easy for me to race back to defend to prevent a breakaway. Now I could say 99 scoring here, but I need to play a shut down defender so I am going with Endurance at 90. Why is this important? I like to play in all situations. I will need to be able to keep up in the third and I believe I am conditioned enough to do so.

[238]

15. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Tommy Tuck posted a better SV% during the regular season, but Geezus Kryyst has been lights out during the playoffs. Which team has the advantage in goal for this series?
Well, I think this will be pretty obvious. The advantage goes right to Kryyst. Not because he is a better goalie, but because he will face less shots than Tuck will. Hamilton is "all" shooters and they use a strategy that everyone agrees is cheap. Tuck is the better goalie, but he will not be at fault for loses.

B. Edmonton averages more hits per game than Hamilton, but also more PIMs - and Hamilton has proven pretty deadly on the power play this postseason while the Blizzard's PK has struggled. Be the coach: should Edmonton stick to a physical style of play or back off a bit in this series?
They should play even more physical. If they want to shut down all the shots, than I think you would need to take out the goal scorers before they can get a shot off. If they take a penalty, than they need to keep up the defensive and physical play. I think that is the only way to shut down an all shooting team.

D. Which player name is your favorite from the rosters of these two teams? (not your favorite player, but your favorite name)
Tig Murphy. Tig. What a fucking name. Mother fucking Tig Murphy. Notorious Tig. How can you hate that name? Like seriously how? It is so great I might just change my name to Tig. Tigtox. Wouldn't that be a sight to see? Here comes Tigtox down the boards. Tig Murphy takes the gold here for me.

E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, © have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?
I would like to have a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles. Cuddles is about done in the league and has always been a really good player. I would like to get a good hug in from him before he goes. The hug cannot be too long as I do not want it to be consider a cuddle.

Casual Member Sent 3 TPE

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2020, 01:12 PM by FreakinAnime.)

Code:

VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab??
I'm going to Hamilton to explore the city because I have no idea what it's like. I will pay for a tour guide to drive me around to all the sights and will also pay for some souvenirs from local shops. Of course I want to check out the local food so I'm gonna go crazy at restaurants, probably even being that guy that orders the most expensive dish on the menu. I'll order tons of sweets maybe even go to a bakery. I'll stay at a crazy nice expensive hotel in a massive room. Maybe even like a penthouse suite just go crazy I'm not paying for it after all. Order a bunch of food in the room too, room service. And then I'll get a bunch of souvenirs from the game even though I'm not a fan of either team because why not I can resell them on Amazon and stuff.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?
The teams are partnering to help get more kids into hockey and have more access to the sport especially in cities that don't have big hockey teams or hockey programs. Everyone wants to grow the game and reaching the youth is how to do that, so the teams are donating money to the cause and to giving equipment to schools, recreational centers, and lastly they are planning to help build more ice arenas in their local areas. Everyone is very excited about what this will do to get more people involved and have a new line of both players and fans. Kids that dreamed of playing hockey now will be able to much easier without having to drive all over the place or worry about crazy equipment costs. Everyone was once a kid just getting started and they're glad to be paying it forward to the next generation of rising hockey stars.

Code:
Pretend that your team has hit an injury bug - the roster is so depleted that your coach is asking you to play out of position. What position is your coach asking you to play and what about your player build will help you be successful in this new role?
Both goalies are out and now the coach decided to stick me in net. I wouldn't have any idea what I was doing but I am very observant on the ice so he thinks I have the best chance of copying what the goalies usually do. I'm very quick and I have good reflexes so I can react fast enough to make saves. I have good hands for when I carry the puck up ice and now those good hands and that puck handling skill might help me with catching pucks and using my glove to snatch slap shots before they end up in our net. And since I'm observant like I mentioned earlier I can hopefully read shooters as they're closing in on me and predict their moves and decisions. Timing and reaction are everything for goalies and my coach would hope that I could translate that to be successful in net.

Code:
8. Written, 4 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or your HS English (or equivalent any-language Writing teacher) will track you down in and give you a failing grade.
The cup finals are a wonderful celebration,
Of the finest teams and the greatest players,
They make excitement sweep the nation,
And the coaches say their prayers.

In seven games a winner is decided,
A new champion will be crowned,
It can be a battle or one-sided,
But the Cup will always be found.

It's the stuff of hopes and dreams,
To what every player aspires,
To raise the Cup with one of his teams,
To do so before he retires.

And once you win you can never,
Lose this moment you'll have forever.

[Image: oie_floaties.gif]

Code:
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)

I would go to Edmonton instead of Hamilton. While I have been to Edmonton a lot more recently than Hamilton it is a bigger city with more to do and more to spend SDcore’s money on! I would first head to west Edmonton mall and scope out new locations for Pr%f Cocktail Lounge, Atlas Rush’s Side Project and cocktail bar. He will also hit up a bunch of the theatres on Whyte ave and do some improve. Rush will also hit up all the hottest cocktail bars in Edmonton and provide the staff with VIP cards to any of his two cocktails bars in Calgary or his bar in Halifax. He also created a cocktail for each team in the finals.

Edmonton Blizzards
2oz Johnnie Walker Black(White Walker edition)
0.5oz Averna Amaro
0.5oz Maple Syrup
2 Dashes of Peychauds Bitters

Hamiton Steelhawks
2oz Blackhawk Canadian Whisky
0.5 oz Maple Syrup
1oz Lemon Juice
Egg White
Angostura Bitters( Bird Design on top)

Code:
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S51 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

Obviously in this reality it is the Dragons in the Finals against the Toronto North Stars(Im a Toronto fan and I used to play for them) In this reality the SHL is just a game of Super bloody hockey.
http:// http://superbloodhockey.com/
Everything is to the extreme and is super dangerous. The Cocktails Atlas Rush Creates for the team act as Game Enhancers and energizes the Dragons to yet another Championship Win! I would obviously play the role of the enforcer as Atlas Rush’s game involves a lot of physicality. He would ensure his team always has the numbers advantage on the ice by winning the fights for his team and sending an opposing player to the ice censuring for two minutes. I would build Atlas to be physically strong but most importantly enduring. Endurance is very important cause it can be all that keeps you from dying on the ice.

Code:
The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?

The Hamilton Steelhawks and The Edmonton Blizzards are going to team up to help fight the wild fires in Australia. The Hamilton Steelhawks and the Edmonton Blizzards will pay for Helicopters and Planes to Fly over the Wild Fires to drop giant vats of water to stop the fires from spreading. The Helicopters/Planes will be called SteelHawks and the Giant Vats of Water Will Look like a Blizzard from Dairy Queen. The Players will be the firefighters and Pilots taking on this adventure so they have been working diligently with current pilots and firefighters to ensure they have the training they need. Together they will help save the wildlife from these raging flames as well as look pretty damn good for the Players/Firefighter Calendar that will soon follow. The Biggest of the Vats has been nicknamed the comet to pay homage to the Edmonton Blizzards roots… The Edmonton Comets(The first SHL team I was ever drafted too way back in season 4)!

Code:

If the team was hit with the injury bug Atlas Rush would definitely be asked to play defense. He is a physical Power Forward who would strive in the Defensive Defenseman or Two Way Defensive Role. He loves shutting down opposition players and leaving them hesitant to enter the zone for fear of being laid out on the ice. Atlas Rush loves playing a physical game and does it all with a huge grin on his face. He already has a pretty decent defensive game as it is so it shouldn’t be too much of a learning curve. The only concern I have for Rush on Defense is getting the puck out of the zone. Passing is not his strong suit so it could lead to the opposition having some decent scoring changes if he can’t carry the puck out of his defensive zone. I wouldn’t put it too far of a possibility that Rush Sees some Defensive ice time at some point in his career Whether it be 5 on 5 or during special teams.

Code:
8. Written, 4 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or your HS English (or equivalent any-language Writing teacher) will track you down in and give you a failing grade.

When I think of the Playoffs I think of hits
Players focused, ready to play their game
Each team on edge ready to drop the mitts
The Announcer yelling your player’s name

At Practice skating around the Cones
Eager and raring to hit the ice
Get your head in the game, get in the zone
This is not the time of year to play nice

The anger as you slam the penalty box door
All of the Confidence, your team can’t be beat
Time is winding down you need to Score
All of the Fans jumping out of their seats

It’s always a wild ride… a Crazy trip
All to win that coveted Championship

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 05:07 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

Code:
I'm going to Hamilton. You might wonder why I chose that. It's so I can fuck with the fans. I'm going to buy a t shirt cannon and get opposing team's fans excited and all hyped up, then I'm going to shoot Tuck and McIntyre and Scholz jerseys out of it at them. I'm going to hire cheerleaders to come to the game and do a flash mob for the Blizzard in blue and light blue outfits. And of course I'm going to watch that happen from a VIP lounge with my own mini buffet. I've been doing a keto diet so I'm getting all kinds of carbs. Nachos, 5 layer cake, grilled cheese, chicken wings, ice cream, you know the good stuff. And after the game we're throwing a huge after party at a hotel regardless of who wins. Either way people are gonna be drinking the good shit and getting banged up.

Code:
In this crazy parallel universe Hamilton rightfully lost their first playoff series 0 to 4 because their isn't that good and they didn't deserve to make the playoffs let alone win the Challenge Cup. Based on this happening the Edmonton Blizzard are in the Challenge Cup Finals against none other than the Manhattan Rage after defeating the Buffalo Stampede in an extremely close series that goes to 7 games. Luke Thomason and Alex Winters are shut down by Brady McIntyre and Tor Tuck, Tommy Tuck stands tall and the Edmonton Blizzard win the Challenge Cup in 5 games. This causes a waterfall effect where Buffalo descends into mediocrity, Hamilton relocates to Montreal and the Edmonton Blizzard win 3 more Challenge Cups in row. McIntyre gets his jersey retired in Edmonton and is inducted into the Hall of Fame on his first ballot. After moving to FHM the SHl flourishes and becomes the best sim league ever lasting more than 500 seasons.

Code:
The two teams have decided to team up against the climate crisis. Both teams have pledged to play the finals and all of their home games for the next 10 seasons on outdoor rinks that don't use refrigeration to keep the ice frozen. This will serve to keep from adding pollution to the air for the sake of keeping the ice cold. Hopefully this will encourage other teams to do the same thing and help make the air cleaner in this world.

The teams will be handing out free t shirts at the games that say Natty Ice, the only way to skate. The fundraiser is sponsored by Natural Ice the official shitty beer of the Challenge Cup Finals. The teams will be asking for donations from fans both at the rink and watching on TV and matching each donation dollar for dollar without a limit to donate to the Sunrise Movement, an American youth-led political movement coordinated by Sunrise, a 501 political action organization that advocates political action on climate change.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!
Brady McIntyre is on the downswing, there's no doubt about it. Each offseason he feels a little more tired and needs a little more time to rest. But He can't. As you get older you need to worker harder and longer to keep up with the youngsters that are coming into the league. The ones with more talent than you're ever had and that are faster than you'll ever be again. It's all about the offseason though. These kids don't get that you need to work away from the rink even more than you do when you're there. So this offseason he'll be in the gym every day and on the ice twice a day. Most importantly he'll be working on his shot. Brady is a better player than everyone on the Hamilton Steelhawks, but he needs to work on his shot. The only thing those damn Steelhawks can do is shoot. So he's going to shoot hundreds of pucks. Thousands of pucks. Pick corner day in and day out until he can score on any goalie from his defensive zone.

Code:
18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
A. In which season did the Hamilton Steelhawks last win the Challenge Cup?
B. Name a player who has won the Anton Razov trophy while playing for the Edmonton Blizzard
C. Which Edmonton Blizzard player famously has a cow as their player render?
D. Of the 18 skaters on Hamilton's playoff roster, how many of them have a Passing rating higher than their Scoring rating?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S51 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.
PM Sent.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Code:
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)

Man, just when I think the league couldn't get any more generous they give me the option to go to Edmonton or Hamilton for free? I'm titillated at the opportunity! I think I would take the trip to Hamilton. I grew up just outside of Hamilton and I spend the majority of my time in Edmonton so it would be nice to go home. It would also be nice to take my mind off the fact that Hamilton is sneaking in and stealing a cup from the Blizzard by hanging out with family and friends. I'd take everyone out to dinner on SDCore's dollar and go somewhere real fancy (If such a place exists in Hamilton). Then I'd put my family and friends up in a nice hotel and try and score them some good tickets (Obviously going to need more than what SDCores is providing me) to see the shooting gallery. Hopefully they enjoy it more than I will.

[160 words]

Code:

Well if Tommy Tuck went down and the closest name to Tommy is Tony so I'm probably going to end up strapping on the pads and taking a few of those Hammy shots. If I'm playing goalie I'm going to need to rely on my elite positioning that I gain from having a 99 defensive rating. It seems having high defense makes you good at everything, so why not Goalie? Secondly, I'd need to rely on my puck handling ability. If I gather the puck and do something with it I might be more useful than some other random shmuck who can't play goal. If I can make a play with the puck and get things going the other way whenever I do end up making a save, that could be the difference. For the same reasons I think my elite passing and playmaking ability will help me move the puck out of my end and keep me from facing even more shots.

[163 words]

Code:
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!

Tony is looking forward to taking a little time off. In his 7 seasons in the league, he's made the finals 3 times and has never missed the playoffs. Obviously he wouldn't change a thing with how his career has started but the short offseasons are starting to take their toll. The first thing Tony is going to do is get on a plane and get out of Canada, He still doesn't have a lot of time so he's probably going to convince some of the boys on the Blizzard to go on a golfing trip and enjoy the warm weather down south. After than Tony will retreat to a small island in the south pacific where he will train and focus on his goals. Luckily, after training is done he'll be able to relax on his island paradise. Finally, a couple of weeks before the season ends Tony will return to Edmonton, begin skating and get ready for what the next season will bring.

[165 words]

Code:
15. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Tommy Tuck posted a better SV% during the regular season, but Geezus Kryyst has been lights out during the playoffs. Which team has the advantage in goal for this series?
B. Edmonton averages more hits per game than Hamilton, but also more PIMs - and Hamilton has proven pretty deadly on the power play this postseason while the Blizzard's PK has struggled. Be the coach: should Edmonton stick to a physical style of play or back off a bit in this series?
C. Who is your X-factor skater in this series? Who's got the intangibles? Who's gonna step up for their team when it matters most? Why do you think so?
D. Which player name is your favorite from the rosters of these two teams? (not your favorite player, but your favorite name)
E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, (c) have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?

A. If we're looking at straight goaltending ability alone and not who's peppering shots at them, Tommy Tuck is the best goalie in the SHL and he's clearly got the edge between the pipes. Tommy is a first ballot HOFer in my eyes and there's not another goalie I would ever want behind me.

B. This is the playoffs, hit or be hit and Edmonton is going to do the hitting. The refs have been calling Edmonton tight all playoffs but when the chips are down in the finals even the most experienced refs swallow their whistles. Edmonton is going to take advantage of that and take out Hamilton.

C. Tor Tuck is the guy I want playing with me and he has the ability to be an x-factor in any series. Look at the regular season he put up. 60 points as a defenseman is crazy! He also can play physically and has the composure few can dream of. He's going to be great this series!

E. I mean, I'm pretty bias on this one. I'm obviously taking a cuddle from Teddy Cuddles. I'm so upset that he's decided to hang up the skates. He was in his prime when I stepped into the Blizzard locker room and he's always been so friendly. I would give anything to cuddle with him one last time.

Code:
18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
B. Name a player who has won the Anton Razov trophy while playing for the Edmonton Blizzard
D. Of the 18 skaters on Hamilton's playoff roster, how many of them have a Passing rating higher than their Scoring rating?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S51 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.
sent

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE
who is jack tanner?
a fine defender or a
big stinky pylon?

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab??

I mean Devitt lives in Alberta so the easy option would be Edmonton if I had to pick. If I didn't have to pick it would be neither city, it would be Vegas during the Challenge Cup Finals. It's known that the Dragons don't like either team especially with Hamilton's recent events with exploiting the game and everything. But Edmonton has the West Edmonton Mall and Devitt will probably ring up SDcore's tab on that as well and pull a minor Lamar Odom and hire 20 Strippers throughout my stay in Edmonton, in that I could do whatever I want to them. And Devitt will pay for their Uber rides back home and make sure they get home safely and sound. Well the DBC will cause they'll be under protection with them, while the Demon goes to work. SDCore's tab will be also be rung up when ever Devitt will be heading to bars around Downtown Edmonton in the after hours of Game 1 & 2.

That reality will show that DBC will dominate in the playoffs yet again leading to a Rage vs Platoon Eastern Conference Finals where the Rage would face the Dragons in the Challenge Cup Finals in where the Dragons would. Hamilton on the other hand would be banned for the season after trying to exploit the league in the pre-season like they should've been this season. Or at least make them revert their stats to where they were before and not allow them to update or redistribute at all during the season. And Aaron Wilson with a perma ban cause he's a 12 year old along with Hallsy & Waters showcasing their low IQ by allowing this to happen and being dunces in their own right all along. Like you seriously have these guys come in and expose you're bread and butter on the site with the Simon T. System, like c'mon bruh. But this alternate reality should be about having fun and I would be down for a Champion that doesn't exploit the system. The tactics that Hamilton used is known on the low key but bringing it out in the Public knowledge. And we wouldn't have people saying that they are willing to spend 24 hours on a site. And the end of the day the game is about having fun, not being a tryhard and already boosting your already inflated ego.

With my current build I'd probably would a Winger in a Bottom Six Role. A Penalty Killer and an energy guy in general. I already do that as a Top 6 defencemen as I continue to improve and earn my keep and hopefully become a Top 2 defencemen when hit my prime for the Calgary Dragons. I would compare myself to Pierre Engvall in what he does for the Leafs, is apart of the Bottom six is on a team that has a lot of Forward depth and has probably earned his keep after not being the starting lineup to begin the season let alone he wasn't even supposed to be the Marlies starting lineup let alone be drafted in the first peason but GM Kyle Dubas saw something just like Esa saw something in Prince Devitt that help them do well in the sport of hockey at a high level.

My Player is looking forward to living the life and travelling across Europe as he never really had the time to do that to just sight-see when wrestling in Europe and in Japan. He'll also allocating his time towards the beginning of pre-season to scrimmage and to up his strength a little bit more as another SHL season means the guys he's face or the new guys getting called out from the Junior level are getting bigger, stronger and powerful with the new TPE Cap at Junior level for 3rd year players. Prince Devitt getting older as nearing the age of 40 is still very quick and is trying to defy the odds of father time with hopefully another Challenge Cup in S52, as one injury could potentially end his playing career in the SHL and Calgary cannot afford that with a couple of defencemen heading into regression already before the S52 season.

D. Of the 18 skaters on Hamilton's playoff roster, how many of them have a Passing rating higher than their Scoring rating? (Submitted)

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

0. PBE Affiliation
18. Casual SPecial sent

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

In an alternate reality, the Chicago Syndicate won the S51 Challenge Cup which brough great excitement to the city of Chicago. In the Eastern Conference Semi-finals the Syndicate still faced off against the Manhattan Rage. However after leading the series 2-0, the team was able to close it out and beat the Manhattan Rage in 7 instead of losing. The Syndicate then would move on to face the powerhouse Hamilton Steelhawks. In this alternate reality, the Syndicate had a strategy that could yield decent results against the Steelhawks. While they weren’t favoured, the simulation god Simon T blessed them with some good luck and they were able to beat the Steelhawks in a hard fought 7 game series. Riding the high from their win against the Steelhawks, the Syndicate would face off against the New Orleans Specters in the finals a matchup between the two strong S46 expansion franchises. The Specters managed to get past the Panthers in this reality and looked like a very scary team. However the Syndicate were resilient and riding the high from the Hamilton win, were able to win in 7 and capture the Challenge Cup.

Akira Ren has had quite a long offseason since the Lethbridge Lions were eliminated from the playoffs. The past season was a disappointment for the young player and he found his role downgraded a little for the betterment of the team which he was fine with. He took some time off during the offseason to travel and enjoy the holidays backs home with friends and family which was quite nice. He is now starting to get back into his training and looking to pass over 700 TPE soon which is very exciting! He isn’t quite sure what the future holds, he may be making his SHL debut with the Chicago Syndicate on the 3rd d pairing if they decide to run with 7 defensemen but it is also possible he is sent down again to the Lethbridge Lions for another shot at a SMJHL title. He has a slight preference to being called up since it will probably be a little more exciting but he knows some of his friends in Lethbridge would love to see him back down again so he is happy either way.

6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)

I feel like Aaron Wilson of the Hamilton Steelhawks will win quite a few awards throughout his SHL career, which will probably upset many members. As Wilson continues to gain in TPE I don’t think winning MVP is out of the question for him at all. He does a lot of work in testing sim engines and finding out the best builds possible. With the switch over to FHM he has already said that he will test sim 24/7 to find the best builds and strategies possible. It makes sense that anyone who put that amount of time in will have a player who wins awards.

15. Written, 5 TPE
A. I would give the goaltending edge for this series to our lord and savior Geezus Kryyst. He has been stellar thus far in the playoffs with a 0.934 save percentage and I don’t see that changing in the finals. Tommy Tuck has played decent himself thus far but I don’t think he is faced an opponent as potent as Hamilton yet.

B. I personally think giving Hamilton more power plays will be a death sentence. They have too many good scorers that will take a ton of shots and score on the Power play. I think the Blizzard really need to improve their penalty kill for the finals and work to minimize penalties and improve their defensive play to contain the Hamilton Steelhawks.

C. On the side of the Hamilton Steelhawks I expect Zivan Zidek to be the X-factor. Not because of his play on the ice tough, I doubt he plays at all but I expect him to trash talk a lot and get under the skin of the Edmonton Blizzard and thus giving his team a mental edge. On the side of Edmonton, I think Boruvka Banananak is their X-Factor. He has been a big time scorer for the team and will need to step up for Edmonton to have any hope.

D. My favourite player name in this series has to go to Barbie Tanner of the Edmonton Blizzard. The name combines the last name of Edmonton Blizzard GM Connor Tanner who is an awesome guy and Barbie’s which I used to love playing with as a child. Why did I love them? Well simply I was a Barbie girl living in a barbie world.

E. This is a tough one but I will go with the nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles. I think we could all use a nice long hug after this past season and Cuddles seems perfect to give it. I might have gone for the pizza but the cannibalism part scares me. The bed tuck might be a little personal and I fear hanging out with any of the Hamilton boys might put me in the line of fire from some SHL members Tongue

18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE
PMed

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Code:

I used to live in Hamilton years ago, I didn't really like it all that much but I was a lot younger then, so I'd like to be able to go back there and experience the city as a VIP.  I went to college there so I experienced the exact opposite of being a VIP.  I'd likely want to stay close to where I used to live which is what a Hamiltonian would call on top of the mountain, even though it isn't even close to being a mountain.  I'd want to go see where the old Blockbuster Video (yes, I'm that old) was and see what it is now.  I used to spend a lot of time drinking in Hess Village as a college student, so if that is still a thing I'd probably want to go have a bunch of pints there after the games.  Long story short, I'd want to try and see if Canada's version of the steel city is better than I remember it being, I reckon being a VIP in the city will really help out here, so I would happily spend SD's money to do that.  Oh, and on top of that I'd get to see two great SHL teams battle for the Champions Cup!

Code:

Lyle and the New Orleans Specters had a very disappointing playoff exit.  After finishing the regular season with the best record in the SHL, they hit a wall in their first playoff match up and after winning their opening game they lost four straight, knocking them out of these S51 playoffs.  Immediately after the fourth loss, Lyle attempt to get better. He took this playoff knock out hard a does not want to experience this again.  He cleared out his Specter locker and moved all of his gear to his family's hockey training center in New Orleans.  He has been there every day since then working on his game, he wants to be ready for next season, ready to take a step forward for the Specters.  He will be at the rink everyday until S52 kicks off, so if you need to find Lyle Odelein III, you know where he'll be.

Code:
8. Written, 4 TPE
SONNET: http://www.shakespeare-online.com/sonnet...style.html

Shall I compare thee to a SHL game?
Thou art more simulated and more test based.
Online players do type the shit talking words of shame,
And the regular season's standings determine where a team in placed.
Sometimes too hot for the regular season,
And often is our goal scoring ability dimmed;
And every unfair SimonT losing reason,
Leaves our anticipated playoff beards, untrimmed;
But thy eternal offseason shall soon fade,
And we'll be back again in S52 to start anew,
Nor shall S51 disappointment cast a shade,
When our superior lines worked hard and grew.
    So long as players can skate, or shots can score,
    So long lives this, the Specters desire for more.

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE
Write a haiku about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the 3 line, 5-7-5 syllable structure or Godzilla will stomp on your house/apartment while you sleep.
HAIKU: https://poets.org/glossary/haiku

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Bitchin' zamboni

Code:

I'm going with the hot hand here.  While Tommy Tuck did have a solid regular season, Geezus Kryyst has been the best goalie in the playoffs.  Kryyst has played lights out for Hamilton these playoffs and I can't see that stopping.  I've got to give the edge to the Hamilton keeper, while Tuck can definitely rise to the occasion, I think Kryyst will come out on top here.

I've always been a fan of sticking with what works.  Edmonton's hard hitting, physical style got them to the finals so I think that they should stick with the game plan.  You can't alter your plan in hopes to not face a good power play, since penalties can be called many different ways.  Hitting hard does not always equal a penalty, so Edmonton should keep playing the body.

C. Who is your X-factor skater in this series? Who's got the intangibles? Who's gonna step up for their team when it matters most? Why do you think so?

I'm picking Roberts Phelps for the Hamilton Steelhwawks here.  Playing with Phelps for team Canada I know that he is a great all around player and that he has the ability to steal a game on his own.  Phelps is a great team player and can provide support when needed but also be a game changer and provide a much needed goal to get the team a big win.

Some solid names on these squads but I have to go with Hugh Jazz here.  It was a toss up between Jazz and Fouquette, two Hamilton rookies, but Hugh gets the nod from me.  It reminds me of one of Bart Simpsons prank call to Moe's Tavern and I have a little chuckle every time I read it.  Hugh Jazz wins this one for me, jazz hands down.

E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, © have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?

Going with (a) on this one.  While I wouldn't say no to a hug from Teddy or a good tucking in from Tommy, I'm not a fan of squats so I'd say no thanks to Hugh's workout and I'm not too much of a strategist so I'd wouldn't be much help here.  So pepperoni pizza with Tony sounds pretty good, and pizza is great so that seals the deal.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

1. 165 words

What a opportunity and what a great move from SDCore to invite a scrub like me to such an important event, I am pretty sure he hopes that I will take my HOF father Maximilian with me. He will be happy to hear that I will do that. Of course will we go to game one and two of the Challenge cup finals. There is nearly nothing better than the opening game of a final series and I don't want to go to Hamilton and give them some money, even if it's not my own money. With my father visiting a game is always great, he does know so many guys and they have a ton of great stories to share. SDCore will be allowed to come with us on a secret players party after the game. And one thing is sure, next time I don't want a VIP status for the finals, I just want to be done there and play my best hockey.

2. 200 words

On my alternate reality we would have seen some different endings like we did in our reality. We do have seen a dominate Hamilton Steelhawks team in our, but because I am not happy with that, they wouldn't have a stand on my reality. But let's start from the beginning. Los Angeles Panthers against the Winnipeg Jets, it would have the same ending like it is here, a 4-2 series win for the Panthers, because I love them. And we would have seen the same outcome at the Tampa Bay Barracuda Buffalo Stampede game, just for the ironic that the Barracudas now 0-8 in their last 8 playoff games.
But form here on it would have changed a lot. New Orleans would have one the series against Los Angeles Panthers with a heart thrilling game 7 OT win. Calgary would have overcome Edmonton in 5 games. Buffalo would have beaten the Steelhawks in 5 games and Chicago went past Manhatten in 4 games. So we would have New Orleans against the Dragons and Buffalo against Chicago. And because I do like it, we would have a final between both expansion teams with New Orleans fighting against Chicago for the cup.

4. 152 words

It's not so surprisingly that the coach have come to the decision to let someone play out of his position, because the Kraken offensive roster is that deep, that a lot of good talents have to play bottom 6 roles instead of top 6 minutes. One of them is Alexander Wachter, a young two way forward. The coach put him on the blue line as an offensive defender. As a two way forward he does know how to act defensively and with his offensive touch he could help the forwards on the second wave. He is a good skater and puck handler, so he could carry the puck into the offensive zone by himself too. His scoring touch and his shot could make him a force on the blue line on the power play. But he should get more strength to not get down by every hit or fight along the boards.

5. 178 words

A lot of work will be in front of me in the offseason. My free time is almost over, because the finals are played and in a few days I will take a flight down to Texas. Probably a short talk with the GM and the coaches about what they have planned for me, one more year in the juniors or go up and play with the big guys? In any case, I will get a training plan and the goals to be achieved. After some examinations and assessment of my physical condition I will finally fly back home to Los Angeles and see my family. I am really looking forward to this, because it's a long time since I last saw my mother or my little brother. My father will try to get my work out buddy or at least will tell me that I have to do it if I want to have a long career like he had. At the end of the summer I will go back to Texas for the team training camp.

I carry the puck
And without warning he comes
To hit me away.

18. pmed

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

I easily am going to games 3 and 4 in Hamilton. Hamilton is close by to my hometown of Toronto so it will be nice to get back in the area as I have been in Colorado for the majority of the past 4 years and I'm now in the process of moving out to San Francisco. I'll be staying in the Barracks Inn which is a hotel that's 19th century themed. I'll be a little different of an experience which is always nice considering we are in hotels so much when on the road and it can get very boring. Then like usual, I'll be experiencing the night life in the city. Always a necessity in every city I visit. I'll have to do some research and see what other type of tourism attractions and events they got going on in that city. They might have some nice museums worth attending.

This chick online started fundraising for the fires in Australia by selling nudes. I believe she ended up raising over 1M which is just an insane number to think about from such a simple concept. She received so many donations she got backlogged a crazy amount and had to hire people to go through the DM's. Well, it's now the Blizzards and Steelhawks turn to start raising funds for the fires and while they won't be getting completely naked they will be selling "sexy" calenders. Each team will have their own calendar and whichever raises the least has the match the total money raised out of their pocket. It'll be a little fun competition to keep the competitiveness going between the teams before the finals start while also raising money for a very good cause. This also gives the ladies of the world a little something since the guys have this gal online.

Bo Kane will be slotted on the backend which may seem like a very big surprise but let me explain. Kane is an elite goal scoring talent who can skate like non-other but is far from being one dimensional. He has always been a reliable defensive player. Throwing him on the point is definitely a risk as it is completely out of his element, however, it could work out very well. He would be very aggressive offensively and would pinch and keep players active within the offensive zone. The team would just have to be aware and to be covering when said plays happen. Kane is also an underrated passer so he'll be able to display that part of his game. Having him play on the point on the powerplay will allow him to be set up for the one timer as well which could be deadly for opposing teams.

Bo Kane has officially completed his SMJHL career and will be making the jump to the SHL. This offseason is going to be a very busy but important one. He is going to be packing up and moving and settling into San Francisco. He is also going to have to step up the training so he's 100% ready for the new challenges that await him in the SHL. There are a lot of expectations surrounding him so he can't take this time off. I'm sure he will have meetings with the management, coaches, and trainers of the San Francisco Pride to help prepare him for the season as well. Thankfully when Kane signed his extension years ago he made sure it ran into his first season in the SHL so he wouldn't have to deal with contract negotiations before the big debut. That will be the mission for next seasons offseason.

Sent PM

9. Written, 1 TPE
Write a haiku about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the 3 line, 5-7-5 syllable structure or Godzilla will stomp on your house/apartment while you sleep.

The rookies debut
Will change the world forever
Bo Kane is the name

Falcons Canada
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 07:42 PM by DaftRaincloud.)

Code:

Chad Johnson puts on his ray bans as he walks through the double doors leading into Rexall Place. He's just returned from a high stakes assassination mission in Central America where he destabilized his third government just this month. 
"Mister Johnson." the security guard at the door greets him with respect as he scans his VIP suite ticket.
"What kind of booze they got upstairs?" Chad asks the man.
"Just an assortment of beers, sir."

Chad scoffs as he walks away. Just an assortment of beers? What is this, the Motel 6? He reaches into his suit jacket and withdraws his flask of Dom Perignon. 
He ascends the staircase to the VIP suite. He opens the doors and inside are the President of the United States and the Prime Minister of Canada who bow in reverence of Chad. 
"Please, I'm off duty." Chad quips and the two men laugh.
"Oh Chad, you've saved our countries countless times but you've never lost your charm."
"Gentlemen, let's watch some hockey."

Code:

Patrice Nadeau is down on the ice clutching his left leg. The biggest fear of any hockey team had been realized and now both the starting and backup goalies for the San Francisco Pride were injured. As Nadeau gets assisted off the ice back to the locker room by the trainers the rest of the team huddles up on the bench.

"We need someone to get in there."
"Where's the emergency backup?"
"Got gout. We're desperate here."

The referee skates over to the bench. "We're waiting, guys. Gotta continue the game."
Jonas Larsen turns to his team mates. "I'll do it."
"Jonas, you've never played goalie!"
"I know, but I'm pretty garbage anyways so it can't hurt."
"He has a great point."
Coach claps Jonas on the shoulder. "If anyone should do it they should be a trash tier plug like Jonas here. Go get in net boy."
"Do I get to put on goalie pads, coach?"
The bench bursts into a chorus of laughter.
"Go get in the net, son."
Jonas skates over without any extra padding and proceeds to let in thirty goals in five minutes.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The SHL, trying to re-extend popularity among a fan base whose numbers have diminished this quarter, is hosting a town hall think tank right before the finals. It is a well-attended event, and many come forward with ideas to reinvigorate the league. What are some ways the SHL can re-ignite that flame with fans and soar to new heights of popularity? (don't you dare write about sim engines here, pretend this is a real life hockey league and answer it that way lol)

Some ways that SHL can reinvigorate the league? Here I go off the top of my head and I am spit balling here.

Mid-season all-star break. All stars voted for by a league wide player vote. HO members and GM votes count for 2 votes. Have a young guns game where first and second year SHL players are the participants. Again, this roster is assembled by the same voting method as before. Nominees for all of these games should be assembled ahead of time so we don't have people voted in as a meme. Find the most qualified candidate/candidates from each team, put them in a google sheet, and let the people vote. 

We should hang banners for the SMJHL and international winners as well as the SHL cup winners. Let all winners be represented in a rotating banner graphic so that we can celebrate everyone equally. Just because it isn't the big league doesn't mean that the win is any less impactful for the ones that win it.

Code:
14. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S51 season (on or off the ice)
- S51 playoff round-up
- S51 Challenge Cup finals Breakdown
- Offseason outlook
- How to fix SHL!?

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Link to Podcast

Code:

Completed.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 10:48 PM by Symmetrik.)

PBE PT - 3 TPE

Code:
18. Casual Member Special
- Sent - 3 TPE

Code:
16. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
- 2 TPE
I think there were quite a few standout performances. Krysst and Wilson were both excellent for the Steelhawks, and on the other side Larson came in for the Rage in game 4 and stole a win for them. Then in game 5 he came out and had to face 48 shots and kept his team in it the whole game. The winner and the insurance goal for Hamilton came with 6 minutes left, and then 20 seconds after goal number 3. But no. The MVP of the series was undoubtedly Dale Miller, with 4 goals, 8 points, and at least 1 point in every game of the series. Given that the index says the last game played was between Hamilton and Manhattan, that must have been the finals.

Code:
- 5 TPE
Tommy Tuck has the longer track record of the regular season, but in addition to that, Tuck has had himself an elite career, where he has proven to be a dominant goaltender. Not only has he proven to be an elite goaltender in the regular season, Tommy Tuck has won the Challenge Cup twice before.
You have to play physical against a team full of fancy shooters. Hamilton is a team of guys who hate to be the one to pass the puck, they're the divas who want all the fame of shooting the puck and scoring the goals. You have to play physical to get them rattled and get them throwing tantrums. But you have to keep it between the whistles and inside the rules.
Terrance Nova. He's been around this league for a very long time. He's been a prolific scorer, and he can absolutely step up as a veteran and take control of any game where he's on the ice. Nova will be a big time X-Factor for the Blizzard, if he turns it on when it counts. We all know he's capable of it.
There's a lot of pretty good names. As I've said before in these kinds of questions, I like good, unique names - that are actually names. I think my favourite between these two teams would have to be Barrett Blackwood. Solid alliteration going on and both names are just really solid independently. And they work well together.
I'd probably have to go with Wilson uncovering a new strategy. I assume given the context it's supposed to mean some kind of shady strategy, but that's not explicitly stated. A good strategy that's not an exploit would be good. I'm all for finding ways to be as good as "the meta" while doing something completely different.

Code:
10. Graphic OR Written, 2 TPE (100 words min if written)
- 2 TPE
Roaring Lion Doritos. They're bringing the heat that comes with typical Lion territory (the Savannah). That's the little bit of wordplay mixed in, roaring like a Lion, but also roaring like fire/heat, indicating that these are some spicy hot Doritos. The Lethbridge Lions' colour of gold matches with a bit of red matches well with a colour of Doritos bag to indicate spicy hot chips. For their Gatorade drink it would be like a strong lemon flavour, basically a lemonade. The yellow of course for Lions and matches the Lethbridge colour scheme, as well as the sharp flavour of lemon makes you feel the power of the lion, like it's punching you right in the mouth.

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE
- 1 TPE
I like passing good
I wish sim was not broken
Now we FHM

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 12:55 PM by Evok.)

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min) Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S51 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?
An alternate reality where Hamilton never stumble upon their game breaking abuse of the mechanism of the engine. Truth is that they probably don't even make the finals. They would have been out in the first or second round of the playoff. I know that Edmonton would probably still be in the finals, cause they are good, they are strong, they are fast. They deserve it. i would probably have them face off against whoever lost in the previous round of the playoff. I have to go check, hold on. Turns out it's the Manhattan Rage, which i am fine with. Jaywhy is a fair GM and i would have loved to see him win a cup or at least try to. They even had some pretty intense forward power when i look at their stats. Four skaters over 10 points in 12 games is fairly good. Luke Thomason is even still the leading pointer of the whole playoff. (159)

6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min) Which player from Hamilton or Edmonton would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?
I dont know who it is, but i think Boruvka Banananak will more than likely score some awards down the road either for points productivity or something like that. He managed to get nine points in the playoffs. Of his five goals, three of them were game winning goals which is what i call poise. He managed to do it on twenty nine shots on the goal which is good for a 17.24% shot percentage. He managed to stay out of the box for the whole playoffs. He played on the power play and managed to get an assist on it. He needs to work a bit more with his body however as he only had 1 hit and three shot blocked. Once he'll do that, he'll be a well rounded player. (132)

9. Written, 1 TPE Write a haiku about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the 3 line, 5-7-5 syllable structure or Godzilla will stomp on your house/apartment while you sleep.
S. H. L. is dead
Passing is at all time low
F. H. M. save us

10. Graphic OR Written, 2 TPE (100 words min if written) The SHL is partnering with Doritos and Gatorade to create a unique flavor of chip and beverage for each SHL and SMJHL team. Create a graphic of the chip bag or the Gatorade bottle for any SHL or SMJHL team OR describe the flavor of chip or beverage for any SHL or SMJHL team. Make sure the branding is tight or it has a quirky name to get people to buy it #marketing
The new Gatorade flavor that the SHL is creating for the Hamilton Steelhawks is called "Saltear". It's made with the Tears of the Children of SHL. The ones unhappy with cheesy strategy of lowering as much as possible the passing of the Steelhawks players in favor of having a high scoring. They sell the bottle for the same price they value their dignity at about 40$ which also represent the minimum in passing any skater can have. To add on that, it pair really well with the doritos flavor named "Cup of Cheese" that just came out to celebrate the cup win of the Hamilton Steelhawks. (106)

A. Of Course Kryyst have the avantage in the playoff when you play a cheesy strats like Hamilton kinda manage to pull. Tuck will be shelled left and right so there will be more goals scored against him. Tuck didn't had to play all his game against Hamilton and that's the reason he has a good SV%. It won't last for long once it's on the ice against those steelyboys. (69 (nice))
B. Edmonton should have tried to go all defense in the Series. Probably something like 0-5-0. That would have been the only way to stop the shooty boys to shell Tuck into oblivion. It's obvious that the powerplay will be good for Hamilton when they are shooting so much. Blizzard's PK will be destroyed so fast. (55)
C. Boruvka Banananak was most likely the most intangible player of the playoff with 3 winning goal of the serie. If it wasn't of him, Edmonton would probably have won those three games, but it wouldn't be thanks to him. I think he brought something more to his team than no one else would have been able to do in those game until someone else scored. (65)
D. If i had to pick, which i do for this task, i would select Hercules Rockefeller. Honnestly, i would pick none but i have no choice. Hercules Rockefeller has a funny ring to it and it's a reference to The Simpsons episode "Homer to the Max" where Homer is forced to change his name. He tries for multiple names before having to settle for "Max Power". (66)
E. I would definitively prefer to be tucked into bed by Tor Tuck and Tommy Tuck. I love ErM and i think i am friend with Muford so i would love to have those two Tuck me into bed. It might get a bit crowded with ErM's multiple characters but i'm never one to say no to a bit of fun. (60)

16. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Honestly? congrats to whoever come up with the scoring vs passing cheese that Hamilton used and they should be voted as Most Valuable Player. it's most likely the only reason why they manage to wipe out everyone so easily during the season and get the cup right now. It does deserve kind of a congratulation. We already know that SHL will be moving to another sim engine soon and we need to give credits where it's due to force that move. Everyone hated STHS anyway but i doubt we'd move if there wasn't this stupidity happening. I'm glad someone did something stupid enough to force a whole community to scramble to find some fun in this forum anymore and goes on to win the championship. (125)

Done

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]