Create Account

S51 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 07:21 PM by hotdog.)

[Image: RLCEPki.png]

Welcome to what is sure to be a fierce finals after an exciting and controversial season! Here are this season's tasks for CW. The maximum, as always, is 16 TPE, uncapped and with a cherry on top. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 16. The deadline is Monday, January 13th at 10PM ET.

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S51 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Pretend that your team has hit an injury bug - the roster is so depleted that your coach is asking you to play out of position. What position is your coach asking you to play and what about your player build will help you be successful in this new role?

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
Which player from Hamilton or Edmonton would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The SHL, trying to re-extend popularity among a fan base whose numbers have diminished this quarter, is hosting a town hall think tank right before the finals. It is a well-attended event, and many come forward with ideas to reinvigorate the league. What are some ways the SHL can re-ignite that flame with fans and soar to new heights of popularity? (don't you dare write about sim engines here, pretend this is a real life hockey league and answer it that way lol)

Code:
8. Written, 4 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or your HS English (or equivalent any-language Writing teacher) will track you down in and give you a failing grade.
SONNET: http://www.shakespeare-online.com/sonnet...style.html

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE
Write a haiku about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the 3 line, 5-7-5 syllable structure or Godzilla will stomp on your house/apartment while you sleep.
HAIKU: https://poets.org/glossary/haiku

Code:
10. Graphic OR Written, 2 TPE (100 words min if written)
The SHL is partnering with Doritos and Gatorade to create a unique flavor of chip and beverage for each SHL and SMJHL team. Create a graphic of the chip bag or the Gatorade bottle for any SHL or SMJHL team OR describe the flavor of chip or beverage for any SHL or SMJHL team. Make sure the branding is tight or it has a quirky name to get people to buy it #marketing

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE
With all eyes on the finals for the highest TV numbers of the season, ad agencies like to put their best foot forward and feature SHL stars to advertise their product. Create a still-image advertisement featuring an SHL player advertising a new product. Include a player render, team logo, and a few words or a slogan about the product.

Code:
12. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S50 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.

Code:
13. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site. Maybe you'd like to include some "parmesan cheese" in your banner? ;)

Code:
14. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S51 season (on or off the ice)
- S51 playoff round-up
- S51 Challenge Cup finals Breakdown
- Offseason outlook
- How to fix SHL!?

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Code:
15. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Tommy Tuck posted a better SV% during the regular season, but Geezus Kryyst has been lights out during the playoffs. Which team has the advantage in goal for this series?
B. Edmonton averages more hits per game than Hamilton, but also more PIMs - and Hamilton has proven pretty deadly on the power play this postseason while the Blizzard's PK has struggled. Be the coach: should Edmonton stick to a physical style of play or back off a bit in this series?
C. Who is your X-factor skater in this series? Who's got the intangibles? Who's gonna step up for their team when it matters most? Why do you think so?
D. Which player name is your favorite from the rosters of these two teams? (not your favorite player, but your favorite name)
E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, (c) have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?

Code:
16. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Code:
17. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

Code:
18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
A. In which season did the Hamilton Steelhawks last win the Challenge Cup?
B. Name a player who has won the Anton Razov trophy while playing for the Edmonton Blizzard
C. Which Edmonton Blizzard player famously has a cow as their player render?
D. Of the 18 skaters on Hamilton's playoff roster, how many of them have a Passing rating higher than their Scoring rating?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S51 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.
@PT Director

Additional Information:
THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.
One (1) welfare claim from either PBE or the NSFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
Deadline: Monday, January 13th at 10PM ET
Please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.
Note: Posts with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 12:13 PM by luke.)

Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S51 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

Okay so the alternative reality will be that the better teams win the matchups they should have won. Like New Orleans beating the Los Angeles Panthers of the Simulation Hockey league. New Orleans would probably win in liike 5 or 6 games, since they had a better team on paper. From that I would say Edmonton Blizzard beats the Calgary dragons, that series was insane as well. So that in the conference finals, it would be New Orleans Specters versus the Edmonton Blizzard to get into the Challenge cup, which would have been a great series to watch unfold. I would see that New Orleans beat the Edmonton Blizzard in 7 nailbitting games. In the east I would keep it the same. Call it what you will but with the shadiness of Hamilton Steelhawks were the best team in the east because of the shadiness, and I would have love to see New Orleans beatdown or Hamilton beating down on New Orleans.

8. Written, 4 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or your HS English (or equivalent any-language Writing teacher) will track you down in and give you a failing grade.
SONNET: http://www.shakespeare-online.com/sonnet...style.html

When I think about Hamilton
I think about their passing
I think about Phelps a ton
With him very high in scoring

And his scoring touch other teams can attest
I also think about Tig, the defensive one
when he hits, he hits the hardest
and when he blocks the shot, the puck always done

as his smothers the puck
there is no goal
and the opponents say fuck
fear goes to their soul

as Tig passes to Robert
and he buries one, and cellies with a smirk

15. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Tommy Tuck posted a better SV% during the regular season, but Geezus Kryyst has been lights out during the playoffs. Which team has the advantage in goal for this series?

Tommy Tuck has the advantage because EDM has a better team behind it, and a lot better defense. If you look at their lineup TPE wise, EDM blows HAM out of the water in TPE, so Tuck has much better defense behind it. Also Tommy tuck has multiple awards for being a proven goalie in the playoffs.

B. Edmonton averages more hits per game than Hamilton, but also more PIMs - and Hamilton has proven pretty deadly on the power play this postseason while the Blizzard's PK has struggled. Be the coach: should Edmonton stick to a physical style of play or back off a bit in this series?

Edmonton should keep up the physical style of play against Hamilton. It is what Edmonton has been doing to win against other teams, so why fix something that is not broken. Anyway, Hamilton has a bunch of small pp boys, so getting roughed up will fragile their ego and with enough chirps Hamilton pps will fall off.

C. Who is your X-factor skater in this series? Who's got the intangibles? Who's gonna step up for their team when it matters most? Why do you think so?

Brady McIntyre has the X-Factor skater in this series. he takes big minutes for EDM and will be crucial in order to stop their exploitive ways. I think McIntyre will be targeting some of the bigger names on hamilton with low passing and high scoring in order to knock them out of the games with his big beefy hands.

D. Which player name is your favorite from the rosters of these two teams? (not your favorite player, but your favorite name)

My favorite name from this series is Teddy Cuddles. First of all we all know Teddy Bears are all cuddly, hense the name Teddy Cuddles. But it also a name that is after his favorite Teddy, DrunkenTeddy. Aka his father. One is not known the offical stance that DrunkenTeddy has on his sun Teddy Cuddles, but it would be one to ask them, not me.

E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, © have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?

I would love to have a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, like who wouldnt want to get wrapped up in the arms of the big beefy boy himself Teddy "Big arms" Cuddles. Like if there was a day that could just be one very long hug from one person I would choose Teddy Cuddles. Even in his older age and a slight drinking problem, those hugs would get me through the day.

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE
Write a haiku about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the 3 line, 5-7-5 syllable structure or Godzilla will stomp on your house/apartment while you sleep.

My haiku
SHL is good
Scoring passing gap is wide
I am Hamilton

18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
B. Name a player who has won the Anton Razov trophy while playing for the Edmonton Blizzard
D. Of the 18 skaters on Hamilton's playoff roster, how many of them have a Passing rating higher than their Scoring rating?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S51 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

sent

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 10:47 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Task 3: (3)

This year, the SHL decided to have both Challenge Cup finalists team up to raise some money for charity. They asked for input from the teams and there was a runaway option chosen. This season, the Edmonton Blizzard and Hamilton Steelhawks will join forces to raise money for Sick Kids Hospital, both in Edmonton and Hamilton.

Sick Kids is a hospital that treats kids with cancer, illnesses, and other life-threatening diseases. They treat these kids, take care of them and their families, and try to make life as comfortable as possible for these kids, some even still babies. It's heartbreaking to see such suffering in young people and as hockey players, we know that our young fans give us the most unconditional support. They genuinely love their team and support us no matter what, so we knew we wanted to give back to them.

Both teams decided to visit each Sick Kids hospital and spend a day with the patients and just play games, hang out, bake, and just try to take their minds off their illness for a couple of hours. We raised funds by auctioning off signed merchandise and equipment and each player donated $10,000 personally.

This was a great initiative from the league and just reminded us how lucky we are and how much impact we can have on people in need.

(225 words)

Task 5: (3)

When you get to the point in your career that I'm in, you look forward to one thing and one thing only when the off-season arrives, rest. Being in the league for over 12 seasons you realize that nothing is more important than giving your body a proper rest. We put our bodies through a lot during the season and it needs proper rest in order to be ready for the next season.

This off-season, I'm looking forward to getting massages, routinely using a sauna, relaxing in a hot tub, and anything else that will sooth and relax my aching muscles. I'm going to do some light work outs just to keep a maintenance level and run every day to keep up my cardio. I'm going to make sure my body is ready for another hard hitting season of hockey. If you want a long, and productive, career you can't work your body to the bone all year round. You'll break down way earlier that you ever intended. Get your rest and you'll stay healthy for much longer.

(178 words)

Task 10: (2)

The SHL has partnered with Doritos and Gatorade to create two new flavours. Each team is creating their own and I've got the inside scoop on the Blizzard's flavours.

The Blizzard's Gatorade flavour is called, "Chill Blizzard". It's an icy, mint berry flavour that mimics the chill you feel when you're hit by a cold winter breeze. It's blue in colour, much like the Blizzard blue and has the iconic yeti on the wrapper.

The Blizzard's Doritos flavour is called, "Burnin' Blizzard". They wanted to go the opposite route and create a flavour that gives you a spicy sensation in your mouth and warms you up in those crazy winter blizzards. It's a chili pepper and sour cream combination. The pepper spices up your mouth and then the sour cream flavour gives it a cool down. A perfect combination.

(139 words)

Task 15: (5)

The Blizzard have the advantage in goal because Tuck has a history of elite numbers in both the regular season and playoffs. He's a multiple time Challenge Cup winner and has shown that he can perform in any situation, high stakes or low stakes. Kryyst has been good, but hitting a heater is much different than actually showing everyone you can handle the stage. He needs to show it in this finals.

(72 words)

It's not so much about dialing back the physical play, but rather play with more puck possession. You can only register hits when you don't have the puck. I think the Blizzard can still play physical, but when they get the puck, hang onto it longer. It's also imperative to take smart hits. Giving up any power plays is never good. The penalty kill does have to improve, though. Either a new scheme or new personnel.

(76 words)

I think the X-Factor really might be Marc Hagan of the Edmonton Blizzard. Depth is always key in the playoffs and Hagan is centring the third line for Edmonton and putting up 7 points. On the other end, Hamilton's third line centre has only put up 3 points in two more games. Hagan has playoff experience with Edmonton and knows what he needs to do in his role. I think he can take advantage of Hamilton's third line and give the Blizzard some much needed depth scoring.

(87 words)

I think my favourite player name is Karlstraße Scholz. It just looks classy when you read it. Also, special characters like ß always look cool. It's a fun name to say and Scholz holds a special place in Blizzard's history so it's nice to see another one on the Edmonton roster. A classy, historical name on the Blizzard is my favourite.

(61 words)

E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, © have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?

Give me the nice long hug from Teddy "Cudds" Cuddles. He's leaving us this season for retirement and I'm going to miss him dearly. We've connected for lots of goals together and shared hockey hugs on the ice after goals, but I'll take one last long hug from my boy Cudds. Enjoy retirement my friend. Come back and bring that hug any chance you get.

(65 words)

Task 18: (3)

PM'd

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

simmer claim kekw

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 10:26 PM by TheHockeyist.)

1. Igor has selected to attend Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton only because Alberta is a terrible province. No offense, Alberta. Also he gets to see some of his old friends from his Vancouver team there. He'd like a chance to get to interact with them a bit after the game and As for what Igor is going to do in Hamilton, he has decided to try to find a local park and spend some time doing some recreational walking around and enjoying the scenery. Also, Igor kind of hates SD and so has also elected to buy 10 million Canadian dollars' worth of Beanie Babies just to tell him that Eggy should be in charge of budgetary matters next time. Come to think of it, why isn't Eggy in charge of the Martian hockey team yet - are we still having plans for the grand opening this year or next year or something?

4. Igor has been asked to play as a backup goalie, and due to his high defense skills, Igor expects to be relatively successful should he ever be called up to do so. I mean, sure, Igor hasn't worn goalie equipment in... years, but what could go wrong? I mean, at least his skates won't be too much of an issue at least. He gears up, gets into position and immediately collapses on the ice. He gets back up into position only to collapse again. As it turns out, goalie-specific training is a bit of a weakness, and so Igor has to rely more on his active defensive skills, deflecting the puck instead of trying to bounce on it and cover it up unless he has to. (What's the term for this?) Anyway, halfway through, he goes up to the other team's goalie and asks him to tie his goalie skates.

5. This off-season, Igor is looking forward to the new recruits in the locker room. But other than that, Igor plans to mostly tour the solar system, in particular get to some destinations he's never been to before, including some of the larger asteroids. He's been meaning to organize a game maybe on Vesta, one of the larger asteroids, but maybe Vesta will prove to be a less than ideal spot for hockey. If that's the case, he'll look into the distant icy Kuiper belt at the expense of travel time to Earth, meaning he runs the risk of potentially missing the start of the season. This of course would be a logistical disaster. Also, if he has time, Igor would like to get back into contact with some of his teammates. Whatever happened to them, he's not entirely sure. And set up an SHL team on Mars. Igor would love to see an SHL team on Mars.

7. The SHL has decided to talk about the love of hockey in a press conference in a small town in the middle of nowhere, Iowa. Why they chose this small town I don't know. They said it was for historical reasons (maybe because it produced multiple greats?), but I don't know exactly why. In this talk, they talked this small town's passion for hockey, how it was kindled, and how this model could be spread to the big cities. The estimated budget for this project was estimated at 10 billion euros, because someone forgot to convert the number to US dollars before presenting it. The 10 billion euros would be spend on re-igniting the hockey flame, following the love from this small town. They also said that they could get more potential great players in 20 years with this model. Maybe the SHL in its 72nd season will see names like... what are parents naming their kids nowadays?!

8. On Monday morning Igor left the flat
And went an hour to the frozen pond.
In one arm, stick, in other, baseball hat
And gear bag, oh its memories so fond.

And Igor woke as he would play defense
And then prepared himself for endgame pride,
But as the game was starting to commence,
They pointed out that Igor's skates untied.

He tried to tie but nothing ever held,
So Igor signaled for his buddy Jon.
He took one look at Igor's knot and yelled
A word and skated off and he was gone.

It's hard when you can never tie your skates.
But who to help? His teammates still debate.

9. Engine exploited.
One team guaranteed the win.
REVISE EVERYTHING.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 05:03 PM by FinnRhys.)

Code:
The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?
Both Hamilton and Edmonton, being Canadian based teams will come together off the ice to team up and support a uniquely Canadian charity, the Terry Fox Foundation. This foundation is just one of many ways to donate and provide funding for cancer research. For those of you that do not know, Terry Fox was a young Canadian man that was diagnosed with cancer in the early 1980s and had one of his legs amputated. While Terry was in the hospital recovering, he interacted regularly with other cancer patients and decided to do something to help raise funds for cancer research with the ultimate hope to be to eradicate the world of this dreadful disease. And so, Terry Fox decided to run a Marathon of Hope, a Canadian coast to coast run. Over 143 days and 3,339 miles, Terry Fox had run from St. John’s, Newfoundland, through six provinces and had averaged 26 miles a day, no small feat for anyone let alone an amputee. On September 1st, 1980, Terry Fox’s Marathon of Hope came to an end near Thunder Bay, Ontario. Terry’s cancer had returned and spread to his lungs making him unable to continue. Less than a year later, on June 28, 1981, Terry Fox succumbed to cancer. He was only 22 years old. Because of Terry Fox and the grit and determination he showed fighting for a cause he believed in, both Hamilton and Edmonton will put aside their disdain for each other on the ice and sponsor and participate in Terry Fox runs in both cities with both teams having team representatives at both locations. 

Code:
Pretend that your team has hit an injury bug - the roster is so depleted that your coach is asking you to play out of position. What position is your coach asking you to play and what about your player build will help you be successful in this new role?
The Edmonton Blizzard have been hit by the injury bug and are scraping the bottom of the barrel to find replacement players which forces some players, most notably FR Finn-Rhys to play out of position. Instead of his usual 3rd defensive pairing, FR finds himself in the unenviable position of donning goalie pads and suiting up for perennial All Star and future Hall of Famer Tommy Tuck. While FR was clearly not the first choice to replace Tuck, he does have some advantages, most significantly being his blocking ability and his absolute willingness to throw his body in front of the puck no matter what. Add in FR’s understanding of the defensive schemes, his athleticism, and skating prowess and FR was clearly one of the better choices the coach could make to fill the vacancy in net until Tommy recovers (hopefully rather soon) from his injury. Even if Tommy is not able to return right away, FR is willing and prepared to hold down the crease for as long as possible and provide as much skill as he can muster to keep pucks out of the net.

Code:
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!
FR Finn-Rhys is going to have a rather busy offseason, spending some time vacationing and relaxing with friends and family while also balancing his commitments with the Swiss team at the upcoming IIHF tournament where FR hopes to play on the first or second defensive pairing and ultimately help propel Switzerland to the medal rounds. During FR’s vacation time, it is likely that you will see him return home to Anchorage, Alaska for a short time to rest and recover on his couch before heading to Washington DC to see the tourist sites in the nation’s capital. As part of his touristy vacation, FR plans on climbing the steps up the Washington Monument, walking the mall down to the Lincoln Memorial and giving Honest Abe a visit and then making his way to Georgetown to try some of the world famous cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes. After his visit to DC, FR will probably head to Halifax to do some pre-season training with his old SMJHL team before heading back to Edmonton to start fully preparing for the upcoming season.

Code:
Which player from Hamilton or Edmonton would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?
I think both rosters have some extremely talented young players that will garner a lot of individual accolades in future seasons. It is hard to pick a single one so instead, I will pick one from each team. From Edmonton, I sincerely believe that Barrett Blackwood is on the cusp of greatness. I have no doubt that with a few more seasons of seasoning that he will be a future candidate for the Ron Mexico Trophy. He is undoubtedly going to make MVP buzz in a few seasons and it will be incredibly awesome to see him take home this type of hardware. From Hamilton, I think that Akashi SixNine will be in the running for the Bojo Biscuit Trophy in the next couple of seasons. As defensive defensemen go, there are few that are as young and talented as he and with his ability to produce points while also being a leader in hits, it is just a matter of time before we see him earning individual awards and recognition.

Code:
I think, empirically, that Edmonton has the advantage in goal for this series. It is not that Tommy Tuck is necessarily better than Geezus Kryyst (although my biased opinion is that he is) instead, I think the advantage comes from the quality of the defensive pairings in front of the goalies. Edmonton’s first two pairings are all above 1000 TPE while Hamilton only has two defenseman that are above 1000 (albeit two others are very close). What really sets Edmonton’s defensemen apart is Tor Tuck and Brady McIntyre who both have over 1600 TPE. While TPE clearly isn’t everything, it does provide a useful metric for helping to decide which team will have the advantage in goal.

Code:
I think that it would be foolish at this juncture to change the style of play that got you to this point in the playoffs. Yes, Edmonton takes a lot of penalties and the PK has not shown the same skill that it did in the regular season, but tough physical play has been the staple of Edmonton hockey this season and while this style provides opportunities for Hamilton to exploit, it also provides plenty of opportunities for Edmonton to cause turnovers, dominate possession and earn plenty of goal scoring opportunities.

Code:
Without a doubt in my mind the player that is going to step up when needed the most for Edmonton is Barrett Blackwood. This phenomenal rookie’s play has gotten hot as of late and he has been able to provide a play-making and scoring spark to the Edmonton third and fourth lines that has produced a much more potent offensive for the Blizzard.

Code:
My favorite player name from these two teams is a toss-up between two players on the Hamilton squad: Dank Boija and Geezus Kryyst. Kryyst is clearly a favorite for me because I can totally hear the announcers screaming about “Jesus Christ” being in goal and making an amazing save and it just makes me laugh. “Dank Boya” (at least that is how I pronounce it) also has a great ring to it and makes me imagine a total stoner unintentionally scoring goals and making plays and the whole mental image cracks me up.

Code:
E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, (c) have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?
I think I would rather have a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles. I have always been more inclined towards hugs and a nice warm embrace from such a great hockey player and teammate would do wonders for FR’s confidence. Plus it would just feel freaking good to give a big hug to someone.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 02:50 AM by Naosu.)

PBE Welfare Claim 3 TPE

Code:
Due to some unfortunate circumstances, Kelowna’s top 4 dmen are out of commission. Rookies Scianna and Nystrom are out with a bad case of the flu. Zhernov has been temporarily deported from an issue with their visa, and Vessot’s brother had his first child so he’s away. For this crazy turn of events the GM has signed a couple temporary dmen but now is at maximum contracts and needs one more. The coach has asked Ryan Shepard to play on the top pairing for the time being. Sadly Shepard’s skill in the faceoff circle will be useless here. He’ll be relying heavily on his positional skills and ability to win board battles. As a defensive minded forward he ends up covering for pinching d already, now he just has to do it for a few full games. Even including the regular defensemen he has the highest innate defensive ability of all Kelowna’s players, so this would help him on the back end.

Code:
After the tough loss in game 7 of the Four Star Cup finals, Ryan Shepard is looking forward to seeing how the Chicago Syndicate’s off season goes. He’s already found out all his other teammates from S50 will be staying down for one more season with the Knights, and hopes he can stay down for a final season. Shepard has been told by the Syndicate’s GM if they’re able to re-sign the pending free agent, it’s likely he’ll get one last shot at a Four Star. Having learned all he can from the minors, he will be looking to potentially earn some money during this offseason. He wants to buy some new equipment once the equipment shop opens for the season, and to continue to get the best personal trainer available for workouts. If he gets the word that he’s being called up to Chicago he’ll have to do some spartan training for the remainder of the offseason when he gets the call. For now he will take the loss in stride and go from there.

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE
Please stop the drama
Sim hockey is a hobby
Go fight on 4chan

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE
With all eyes on the finals for the highest TV numbers of the season, ad agencies like to put their best foot forward and feature SHL stars to advertise their product. Create a still-image advertisement featuring an SHL player advertising a new product. Include a player render, team logo, and a few words or a slogan about the product.
[Image: N4nugxA.jpg]

Code:
Message sent

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Code:
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)
VIP status again for the third straight year for the Challenge Cup finals! This will be my second time getting the VIP treatment while also playing in the CC finals for the Edmonton  Blizzard The last time this happened was during S49 where we ended up capturing the CC so hopefully history will repeat itself when we're facing the Hamilton  Steelhawks I am definitely going to games 1 and 2 in Edmonton because I am part of the Edmonton  Blizzard and have called this place home for a few years now. The atmosphere is amazing and I am looking forward to eat a lot of pepperoni subs this time around as Tony has constantly bugged me to try em but I've never gotten around to it. I have a lot of friends and family members who want to be in Edmonton for the CC so I will run up SD's tab with plane, hotel and "miscellaneous" expenses which I am truly grateful for him covering all the costs!

Code:

In an alternate reality we would have the LA   Panthers  taking on the Buffalo  Stampede Both of these teams were eliminated in the second round these playoffs but in the alternate reality they have managed to make it to the Challenge Cup finals! Both LA and Buffalo in the alternate have not dropped a single game in the S51 playoffs heading into the Challenge Cup finals and all of their players are performing at ridiculous levels. Each team is averaging around 5 goals a game and only allowing an average of 2 goals per game. The unfortunate thing about this final is that one of these teams will have to lose after having a phenomenal playoff run. I am predicting that for the alternate reality Challenge Cup finals that the Buffalo  Stampede  will take home the Challenge Cup in 7 games but each game will be a close and hard fought battle. This is just one of the many alternate realities that physicists and other smarties have discovered and I would like to go to the reality where the Edmonton  Blizzard  are in the finals again.

Code:
The thought of two teams who are about to embark in a best of 7 series teaming up together to fund-raise for both cities is hard to fathom but here we are! The Edmonton  Blizzard and Hamilton  Steelhawks  will look to help raise money for families who are financially struggling to get their children into the game of hockey. As we all know hockey equipment is not cheap as you have to purchase skates, hockey sticks, helmets, knee pads, shoulder pads, chest protector and the list goes on. The fundraiser activity that both teams will hold together will be a friendly exhibition match where all proceeds from the game will go towards purchasing hockey equipment for those families who are in hockey. The jerseys from that game will be auctioned off as well after the game. Both teams will mesh before by meeting with several families and talking to them more about what it was like growing up playing hockey and each family will get the chance to play a bit of hockey with players from both teams. 

Code:

If i was to put money on a player from Hamilton or Edmonton to win a regular season individual award in a future season it would have to be Tony Pepperoni from the Edmonton  Blizzard I can see him capturing the Sarmad Khan Trophy (League MVP voted by the players). Tony has dominated in S51 by scoring 25 goals and getting 41 assists to lead the entire SHL in points by with 66. Tony has not slowed down in the playoffs as he has produced so far 7 goals and 8 assists in only 11 games in the S51 playoffs. Tony Pepperoni will be one of the key players on the Edmonton  Blizzard if they look to capture their 2nd Challenge Cup in 3 years. Tony is emerging as one of the SHL league superstars and S51 might have been the season where the rest of the league has taken notice of him. Look for him to continue dominating the SHL for many years to come. 

Code:

A. Between the goalies of Tommy Tuck from the Edmonton  Blizzard and Geezus Krysst from the Hamilton  Steelhawks I will have to give the edge in net to my boy Tommy Tuck as I have had the benefit of seeing him all year long and I know he can be a brick wall in net. Both goalies have been playing superb for their respective teams but my gut tells me that Edmonton will have the advantage when it comes to goaltending. 

B. I have never heard a coach tell their players to not be physical (especially in the playoffs) so I would tell the Edmonton  Blizzard to continue being physical and impose their will on the Hamilton  Steelhawks Edmonton has always been a physical team with all their heavy hitters and to suddenly change their play style now would not do them any good. Keep being physical on them but they need to remember to be disciplined and not take any unnecessary penalties.  

C. My X- factor skater in this series would have to be Boruvka Banananak from the Edmonton  Blizzard He is currently tied for second in team scoring for the  Blizzard with Jordan Von Matt with 9 points behind Tony Pepperoni. Boruvka plays on the second line for Edmonton and not many people are giving him enough recognition in the SHL. Look for Boruvka to be one of the key contributors on Edmonton's side if they wish to capture the Challenge Cup for the second time in three years.  

D. My favourite player name between both rosters of the Edmonton  Blizzard and Hamilton  Steelhawks would have to be Hugh Jazz on Hamilton because it just cracks me up whenever the in game arena announcer or play by play commentator say his name. For example "Hugh Jazz" just took a beating behind the net can sound very ludicrous taken out of context for those not aware of Hamilton's right winger. 

E.  From the many different options presented before me I would have to choose c) Have Tor and Tommy Tuck me into bed at night. I have gotten the privilege of being on this Edmonton team for a few years now and these guys have been a blast to be around and for me to get the chance to be tucked into bed by both of them just fills me with desire. I just hope that i am sober enough to remember this moment after we hopefully capture the CC once again! 

Code:

PM'd

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 01:32 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Code:
After a major, last minute injury to Geezus Kryyst in net for Hamilton and no viable backup goalies around a ruling came down that the rosters could not be changed before a playoff game. Hamilton's other goalie Pucky Stopz decided not to show up for the game and the team was stuck without a goalie. Phelps as the captain of the team offered to play in net. As a kid Phelps played street hockey as a goalie a fair bit, but strapping on the pads at the SHL level is a completely different animal. The game would end up being the biggest blowout in SHL playoff history with Hamilton losing 14-1. The team decided to rally around Robby Phelps and congratulate him despite the score and the impact on the team's chances. Hopefully by some miracle Kryyst will be available to play in the next game. If he isn't it would spell doom for the team's chances.

Code:
Had you asked me a season or two ago I would have put money on Phelps winning either the Darr or MVP at some point in his career, but it's looking like he likely won't win it this year or next and who knows what will happen if we change sim engines after that. So I'd have to go with Hugh Jazz winning MVP in his career. Hallsy may get some hate but he puts a lot of time and effort into building his players and they always seem to do well. I think he has a shot at it some time in his career.

Code:
14. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S51 season (on or off the ice)
- S51 playoff round-up
- S51 Challenge Cup finals Breakdown
- Offseason outlook
- How to fix SHL!?

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1htrs4d...bXKzmr0M0O

Code:
A. Kryyst is definitely on a roll so far this playoffs and it would be hard to bet against him. I do love that these two teams have such an outstanding goalie match up taking place. It should be interesting to watch. That being said I would always choose to take the hotter hand, and in this case that's Kryyst.
B. If I was coaching Edmonton I would definitely lean towards a heavy hitting phyiscal game. Going up against a skill team that doesn't get into physical battles is actually an advantage in the playoffs. We see it all the time that the physical team can grind down the skilled guys and take home the wins.
D. I have to go with Tony Pepperoni, I'm a big fan of pizza and I've liked that name since he joined. I actually like that his previous player was Tommy Salami and he continued with the meats theme with this guy. I am curious if he recreates in the future if he will choose another meat, maybe Prosciutto as a last name would work well.
E. I think hotdog made this decision for me when he caught me and Cuddles having a nice long hug before game 1 of the series. So I'll go with that one. I would warn people not to do squats with Hugh Jazz, that butt could swallow you up whole and you'd never be heard from again.

Code:

PM Sent

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 07:58 PM by 39alaska39.)

1. Well, here I am again being invited to something I probably shouldn’t be. After the way the Eastern Conference Finals played out, there is a 0% chance that I’m going to spend any more time in Hamilton than I ever have to again, so Edmonton it is. I know nothing about Edmonton other than the fact that my good friend and national teammate Brady MacIntyre plays in Edmonton, so it’ll be nice to see him and come say hi before one of the games that they are hosting. I also hit him up for some food recommendations, but I guess he was busy or something because he never got back to me on those. Not sure why he would be busy though, oh well. Splurging on the first class flight and the suite in the hotel was enough of Eggy and Corey’s money to waste however, and I don’t even remember who won the game because I got very drunk in the commissioner’s box. (WC: 164)

2. The playoffs, had they gone without the cheating that occured, would have likely been similar to two seasons ago. Eastern Conference Finals would have been Manhattan vs Buffalo, with Manhattan winning in 6. Always a tough battle between the Rage and the Stampede, two rivals that have also become a lot stronger and somewhat friends through the debacle that was this season. I have friends on that team now, which is a weird sentence and S42 Alaska would have never believed it. West would have gone the same way it did irl, Edmonton into the Challenge Cup Finals against us, the Manhattan Rage. This would be a long, drawn out series that would come down to how well Alex Winters and Luke Thomason could continue to score against a stout Edmonton defense and if the Manhattan defense could shut down Tony Pepperoni, or at least limit his impact, for 7 games. Rage win a hard fought series in 7. (WC: 159)

4. Should a significant injury bug hit Manhattan (lowkey think injuries should be a thing, but I understand why they aren’t), Alex Winters would likely first play at center. Winning over 50% of the draws he took this season when his center, Luke Thomason, would get tossed from the dot now and then (or over 50 times, but who’s counting), Winters has shown an aptitude for winning faceoffs even though it isn’t his main position. If Winters was to play another position due to injury, it would likely be defense. He actually does have experience playing defense at a high level, manning the blue line at the World Juniors and the World Championship, as well as on the powerplay for Manhattan in certain situations. He is pretty defensively sound, something that he has really worked on over the past few seasons, and it wouldn’t be an extreme transition for him to move from wing to defense. (WC: 155)

5. Alex Winters is going to spend the offseason dating his son’s mother, figuring out if that’s going to work long term, and working on his game to tweak little things to improve. Don’t ask me who his son’s mother is yet, haven’t decided on that yet but there is one. Also a son, that’s cool. But anyways, this will likely limit his ability to travel as much this offseason as he did last offseason, but Winters thinks he’ll be able to go back to Tomorrowland again this offseason, as he and his friends and teammates that went there last year are looking to do so again. There was also some depression in the week or so that followed the elimination in the Eastern Conference Finals yet again, although this time he had some selfish thoughts that he did well for the second year in a row in the playoffs, so it wasn’t his fault. Those thoughts quickly left though. (WC: 159)

Here we go again,
Lots of new friends and an old foe.
We have so many defenseman,
All these friends, season ready to go.

Nothing unifies people like cheating,
Hamilton can get fucked.
They were just asking for a beating,
Somehow a punishment ducked.

Sonnets are dumb
But here we go for the week.
My poetry skills are bum,
Need TPE so JY won’t freak.

So close to being done,
This wasn’t really fun.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 09:03 PM by charlieconway.)

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

The first round plays out the same. Los Angeles beats Winnipeg in six games, Buffalo sweeps the Barracuda.

Then things get interesting. People on the Simon T forums start reporting a weird glitch where their program appears to be struck by digital lightning, leading some to ask for refunds. Simon Tremblay assures everyone that nothing is wrong, it’s just a minor bug, nothing to see here.

Buffalo follows up their sweep of the Barracuda with a sweep of the Steelhawks.

The league is shocked, and Hamilton’s players are wondering why the hell they just spent two months getting shit on by the league if this is the end result.

The other playoffs series play out in a similar manner: players with passing higher than scoring excel, and those with scoring higher than passing perform like dogshit. This trend continues in the Semifinals and Finals.

Once the final PbP goes up, the forum is taken over by disgruntled Steelhawks players, demanding an apology. A news report from Quebec tells of a Dawson university student taking a random programmer hostage. A wave of panic and catastrophe spreads across Canada and then the rest of the world.

No one knows what started it. At least, not at first. Thousands of years later, the violence wave would be deemed the ‘Winter of Passing’. ■

[219 words, +3]

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

In order to maximize synergy, it needs to be something that affects both cities and regions.

What better cause than efficient snow removal?

I’d imagine both teams would get together before the fundraiser in a school-project-esque brainstorming session where they hash out some ideas for the new revolution in snow plows.

Maybe you’d expect the Blizzard to have an advantage here, given the team branding. Tony Pepperoni offers up an idea: just a regular snow plow, with a built in fridge for pizza when the driver gets hungry. Ever an adrenaline junkie, Gabe Johnson suggests that the plow be made ultra light to allow for passing slower cars in traffic. Aaron Wilson dismisses the idea, deeming passing to be unnecessary.

The day of the fundraiser comes, and fans of both teams are in attendance to show their support for such a good cause. The curtain is pulled away, revealing… a regular snow plow, but with a racing stripe. The group of nervously smiling players is met with applause and cheering nonetheless, as most of the onlookers were only really interested in meeting their favourite players anyway.

The teams take turns plowing each other with the truck. There are no survivors.

[200 words, +3]

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

You’d think that it wouldn’t be much of a jump to go from Halifax (~400k) to Winnipeg (~700k). But Adam is pumped for the transition. In his eyes, everything gets bigger when you go from the Js to the big leagues. The training facilities, the paychecks, the burgers… it’s all a part of a process that he’s eager to take on.

In terms of concrete plans, I see Adam’s schedule breaking down into three distinct phases: Familiarization, Recuperation, and Focus.

He wants to familiarize himself with his surroundings and new teammates. Who’s the joker in the group? Who are those curmudgeonly players that just want to be left alone? Is there someone that can really show Adam the ropes, both in the arena and outside of it?
The summer also allows an opportunity to heal from some minor but persistent injuries sustained over the course of his last season with the Raiders.
Speaking of that last season… it was an extremely disappointing one for a team’s #1 defenseman and former first overall draft pick. Adam needs to put the past behind him and refocus on what’s ahead: his entire career.

[190 words, +3]

Quote:9. Written, 1 TPE

Free from Simon's gaze
Herds of men and women skate
Making for the sixth

[+1]

Quote:15. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

C. Gabe Johnson. Star defenseman for Team Canada, he has the stones to step up when his team needs him the most. He comes from the Anchorage Armada, who just won the Four Star Cup, and I can't help but think that their victory was in part a result of being inspired by his play with the Steelhawks. They saw what an Armada alumni was capable and thought 'Why not me?' ■ [70 words]

D. This is an honest answer: Tony Pepperoni. Not because of humor, or a bizarre idea, but because there's something about that name that triggers the 'wow this dude does hockey' part of my brain. Isn't that weird? You could come up with any number of combinations of first names and foods, and I'd never give them a second look. But I remember seeing 'Tony Pepperoni' and thinking "This guy is a star" and I'd like to think this most recent season proves me right. ■ [84 words]

E. I’d rather have Aaron Wilson help uncover a brand new strategy for my team to use. Pizza is nice, but I can buy that on my own, and I’d rather eat it without Tony Pepperoni staring at me in horror. Hugs are great but they lose a bit of something when forced and I don’t know if Teddy Cuddles would hug me of his own accord. Getting tucked into bed at night sucks, I can’t sleep with the sheets too tight. No one can see me work out. Tug of wars are a great way to get injured and miss an entire season of hockey.
But winning is winning, baby. ■ [110 words]

[+3]

Quote:18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)

PM Sent.

[+3]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 02:51 PM by hhh81.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)
As last time, Cassius Darrow accepts a call from his former teammates @Julio Tokolosh and Tony Pepperoni @"TommySalami" to experience some games in Edmonton. Some people would choose warmer places, but Darrow enjoys the cold (Germany, Denver, Buffalo…. Edmonton?) Fresh off a stinging elimination by Hamilton, Darrow is eager to cheer his former teammates on with the Blizzard. He catches up with his old teammates, and also gets a coffee with Edmonton rookie F-R Finn-Rhys @FinnRhys, and the commiserate on getting so close to a Four Star Cup with Colorado, but ultimately falling short against a better team (St. Louis and Carolina respectively).

Remembering Kelowna Sausage-gate of S44, Pepperoni recommends a spot outside of the city for Cassius to enjoy. Enjoy he does, as the Bavarian-born owner feeds Darrow one of the best knockwursts he’s ever had in Canada. Between games one and two, Darrow explores a number of small book shops to see what he can find. 10 hours later and $430 lighter, Darrow ships two boxes full of interesting tomes back to his home in Buffalo. He then remembers that @SDCore was footing the bill, and tries to call the league about reimbursement for his book haul.

Ah, hello again, my favorite task. The wild card round goes as before: Buffalo runs Tampa Bay off the ice to the sounds of a parade of John Deere tractors, while the Panthers edge out the Jets in 6. The next round is where things get interesting.

In the Western Conference, Los Angeles steals Game 1 on the road, before losing the next four games by a combined 18-5 margin (including a 6-1 drubbing in the series clinching Game 5) to New Orleans. In the Battle for Alberta, Edmonton and Calgary again go seven games. The series see repeated one goal games, with three of the 7 going to overtime. Game 7 is a classic for the history books, as Michael Izzard scores two big goals, including one late in the third period to tie the game at 3-3. The hero of the series is Tony Pepperoni, with 8 points and 3 game winning goals to carry Edmonton to the Conference Finals.

Honestly, I can’t write anything better than Scottey Crawfling’s series against Chicago. Things remain the same. The difference comes on the other side of this magic science world between Buffalo and Hamilton. The John Deere Steers keep it coming, as Hippo Passamus, Viktor Marius, and Monkey D. Luffy pepper Geezus Kryyst with shots. That trio combines for 11 goals in the series as the teams battle back and forth to seven games. Aaron Wilson talks shit to Tatu Makela @WannabeFinn in Game 4, who without a chirp breaks Wilson’s nose and eye socket, benching him for the rest of the series. Buffalo refuses to lose at home, and a late surge from Monkey D. Luffy gives Buffalo a the win in Game 7.

In the conference finals, Buffalo’s hot streak runs out as Scottey Crawfling blanks them in Games 3 and 4 on the way to Manhattan winning in 6 games. Edmonton loses Game 1, eeks out a win in Game 2 (on F.R. Finn-Rhys’ first career playoff goal), then drops the next two games. In a decisive Game 5, not even a Tony Pepperoni hat trick can overcome the scoring edge of the Specters. NOLA takes the series with a 6-4 win.

In the finals, Scottey Crawfling gets run from the crease in game 1, letting up 3 goals on 11 shots in the first. Previous starter Peter Larson can’t steal the game back, and NOLA 
takes Game 1. The teams battle back and forth with Peter Larson getting his redemption, but NOLA’s attack is too good to be slowed, regardless of a sub 0.870 SV% for the series from noted swiss cheese man Aleister Cain. NOLA wins their first Challenge Cup after years of being so close.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

Trusting the old heads in Alexis Metzler and Charles Walker to retake a bigger role during our great forward deadening, I’m playing right wing. With Hippo Passamus and Bobby Sharp out with the injury bug, and Nicolaj Muller puking his brains out (bad corner store sushi, you hate to see it), Cassius Darrow is the lucky attempt to feed Monkey D. Luffy’s @TnlAstatine shooting urges on the Stampede’s second line. Darrow is a right hand shot with elite skating and passing instincts. He’s always looking to find open teammates. Monkey D. Luffy is a versatile forward and a left shot. The injury bug forced Luffy back to his juniors’ position of center after a few seasons on the wing, and he’s ready to take on a heavier role. I can see Darrow feeding Luffy with endless one timer chances in the slot, to torture opposing goalies. Plus, Darrow has always been a highly cerebral player and strong defender, so he’d be a natural fit on the PK, as well. Honestly, because he’s such a competitor and committed to his conditioning, Darrow would probably be okay getting double shifted as a depth defender and at forward for a few games, while players are on the mend.

Cassius is not happy with their early playoff exit, but he is looking forward to taking more time away from the SHL to head home to Germany. As can be expected, he will spend a lot of time training with his old coaches, working to keep his game at the highest level. Darrow’s offseason workouts are legendary for their ruthlessness. He looks forward to disconnecting for the offseason before returning for another big season with Buffalo. Darrow now owns two phones: a nicer (albeit not top-of-the-line) Samsung smart phone for his time in America, and his old flip phone that only four people—his agent, his mother, his sister, and Alexander Selich—have the number of. Darrow has always found disconnecting freeing and reenergizing during the offseason.

Beyond that, Darrow will spend time with his mother and sister. For awhile, he considered saving money to help them move to North America. With the political climate of the U.S., Cassius decided that they were better off (and safer) staying in Germany. With Darrow’s help, his family had been able to move from his humble childhood home to a nicer house in the town a few years ago. This is especially good now, as Cassius was surprised to learn that his sister was not only engaged, but also that he was going to be an uncle! His face went from surprise to happy tears very quickly, as he embraced his sister and met his soon-to-be brother-in-law, Heinrich. Their mother insisted that Heinrich, a cobbler, would move in with them in the new Darrow residence. She had to keep her grandchild close at hand.

Quote:15. Written, up to 5 TPE. At least 50 words.
Trips 100% eats the pizza with Tony Pepperoni, no question. I don’t know that I want the Tucks near my bed, I can’t do a squat without falling over, and I’m not interested in anything aaronwilson uncovers. A tug-o-war with Tig is tempting, but I like pizza, and I like TommySalami. Easy choice.

Quote:18. Casual Member Special – 3 TPE (see my PM)
done!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 02:34 AM by Ferda.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)

Everyone knows that this past season has been a complete shit show and nobody even cares about the league anymore. Yeah, we only get to pick one of the homestands for free, but ya boi Big Wanger has connections and he also doesn’t give a flying fuck about the Commissioner cause he and his team have been keeping CC2 from winning literally everything. That’s why this season we’re bringing along all of the boys to every game and being as obnoxious as we can in the crowd. This includes heckling, screaming and throwing stuff on the ice to make the game as unwatchable as possible because let’s be honest, who can even bother to watch a team that has actively cheated versus a team that is named after a snow storm. Like let’s be real here folks, there’s nothing scary or intimidating about a hawk or a blizzard ya losers. We’re going to get blasted on some of the best goods from SHLKush.com, use promo code WANG20 to save 20% on your first order, and then bring some random shit to throw onto the ice whenever a player we don’t like is on the ice or when the ref makes a shitty call. I contacted one of the most famous taxidermists I know in Chuck Testa and he supplied some hawks for us to throw onto the ice to mess with the game. Next, I’m real close with the ice crew and Zamboni drivers at both rinks so we’re going to have a gigantic bucket of snow for us to make snowballs and simulate a blizzard. Even the crowd can get into it too because they obviously don’t give a shit about the series either. We’re going to run up the tab on the league’s dime by creating so much chaos on the ice that the fines will keep racking up and I’m forcing them to pay because every player that I’ve spoken to has said that they don’t care about the league anymore and are willing to boycott each game so that they can’t profit off our greatness.

(349 Words)

In an alternate reality, you already know that the team with the GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME, Cameron Carter II, would always be in the finals. It just so happens that we live in this messed up reality where the league is able to tamper and ruin the potential legacy that CC2 is capable of. That’s why you already know that for S51, since CC2 is on Chicago, that they would not only be in the finals, but also winning the Challenge Cup with no uncertainty. Of course, this would be against the Buffalo Stampede even though they’re in the same conference because the league realized that Buffalo is easily the second-best team to whatever team CC2 is on, so they have them in there each year as a formality. Sure, it’d suck for this reality to occur as a Buffalo prospect, but sometimes you need to appreciate greatness and make the sacrifices necessary and bow down to Cameron Carter II aka JODAN aka the GOAT.

(166 Words)

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

Well, we already know who both teams are going to fundraise for and that is obviously going to be for the Edmonton Blizzard team because they’re going to need all of the money to pay for their medical bills after they’re left battered and bruised after a nice slamming from the Steelhawks players that have been injected with that new performance enhancing drug, “40 Passing”. The reason why they’re even working together is because they’ve realized that the league has been tampering the results for forever and now that they’ve been exposed, the players are working together to try and make the fall easier for the “losing” team. We have and still are seeing this happen with their treatment of Cameron Carter II, the undisputed GOAT of the SHL. The funds will go towards medical treatment, therapists and more access to this “40 Passing” drug that all of the players have been subjected to for the entirety of the S51 season. Personally, I will be supporting this cause because nobody wants to see a fellow SHL team fail because drugs have taken over the league and the head office refuses to do anything about it.

(195 Words)

In this coming offseason, the Buffalo Stampede are beginning to realize that they will be faced with the dilemma of having to re-sign the Baby GOAT to the GOAT himself, Cameron Carter II. That’s why yours truly, Big Wanger, is looking forward to in this upcoming offseason because I have listened to advice from the greatest SHL player ever, CC2, and he has told me that being receiving the title of Baby GOAT automatically qualifies me for a 10 year, 10 million dollar contract from any SHL team of my choosing. Who needs to train and be any good in such a drug-ridden league when you can sit back and clap bombs and fuck moms while raking in 10 million dollars a year. On top of that 10 million dollar deal, the boys at SHL Kush will be having a limited time offer of 10% off all orders above $100 during the offseason with code WANG10X10, so get your orders in quick and show me that money baby. Drinks are going to be on me and we’re goin’ on a fuckin’ bender instead of giving a shit about hockey ‘cause we’re all FERDA.

(193 Words)

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The SHL, trying to re-extend popularity among a fan base whose numbers have diminished this quarter, is hosting a town hall think tank right before the finals. It is a well-attended event, and many come forward with ideas to reinvigorate the league. What are some ways the SHL can re-ignite that flame with fans and soar to new heights of popularity? (don't you dare write about sim engines here, pretend this is a real life hockey league and answer it that way lol)

There is only one way that we can save the league and it’ll take a collective effort to destroy the propaganda that the league’s administration has put in place and that is to embrace the greatness of Cameron Carter II, aka JODAN aka the GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME. CC2 is the key to reinvigorating the league and bringing it to heights that we have never seen before. Cameron Carter II is the most marketable player in the league and the SHL Commissioner refuses to accept his power and influence in favor of “balancing” the league to give everyone equal opportunity to win. Instead, we need to create more media about CC2 and open the road for him to carve out the legacy that he deserves in the SHL. By blocking CC2 from not only signing a 10x10 contract, but by also forcing him to play with garbage-tier players, the league has been handicapping its own potential in suppressing the GOAT himself, JODAN. All of you sheep need to wake up because the league is dying due to the increase in performance enhancing drugs around the league, aka “Sim Juice” or "40 Passing", and CC2 is the only one that can solve all of our problems.

Embrace greatness rather than continuing to deny it.

STAY WOKE.

(213 Words)

Quote:9. Written, 1 TPE

CC2's the GOAT

SHL Can’t Handle GOD

So better STAY WOKE

@Boomcheck

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

+3 TPE
Code:
- It's full crisis mode in Hamilton after many players mysteriously fell ill the day after the conclusion of their series against Manhattan, but Gabe Johnson was ready to answer the call and move up to play forward for the team. Johnson has played forward before in his career, notably when he won best rookie at the S47 World Junior Championship playing right wing for Russia. Johnson has great speed and control of the puck, as well as a good quick release, so he can easily fill the sudden void left in the offensive unit of the Steelhawks. Known to be a defensive liability sometimes due to his major lapses in concentration that he is prone to, Hamilton can at least breathe a sigh of relief knowing that won't be a concern. However, of course Johnson having to get pushed forward meant that Noah Andros had to be called up to play in the Hamilton backline, and really nobody wants to see that have to happen to any team...

+3 TPE
Code:
- With what's been a wild roller-coaster of a season for Johnson, full of both highs and lows, he has a lot to look forward to during the offseason, namely avoiding all the recent controversy surrounding his team by leaving the continent temporarily. Johnson, along with a few friends, has a small trip around a few nations in Europe planned where he will spend a couple week out of the spotlight and the flames. Johnson is very excited to kick back and take it easy following all the stresses of the last season, as he will just get to drink away his worries with friends thanks to the insanely cheap European drinks and attend a few high-profile soccer matches along the way as well. Johnson is a little worried about having to try and keep his fitness up in spite of all the partying, but he can still relax knowing that a long extension to his Hamilton contract will await on his return.

+2 TPE
Code:
- Aaron Wilson without a doubt. Despite only being an early second rounder in his draft class, Wilson has soared to elite levels since his call-up to Hamilton and has established himself as a star player there for years to come. After 41 points in just his second season in the league in S50, Wilson jumped to an astounding 57 points, finishing in the top ten in overall league scoring. Robert Phelps, despite common belief, is not immortal, and once his day comes, Wilson will be ready to take the big spotlight, and I believe because of that he can have a season where he takes home both the Sergei Karpotsev (most points) and Ron Mexico (league MVP) trophies down the line.

+5 TPE
Code:
- Hamilton has to have the edge on goaltending for this series, as Kryyst has been absolutely incredible. While Tuck has been great for Edmonton too, the Hamilton stopper has been an absolute brick wall in net, posting a .934 save % and 2.22 goals against average, making himself likely the surging Steelhawks' MVP for these playoffs.

- Edmonton will likely have to back off a bit. Hamilton has so much offensive firepower in their star players, the Blizzard can't risk giving them opportunities on the man advantage because the playoffs have shown that the Steelhawks will be capitalizing on many of those opportunities. If the Blizzard back their penalty killing unit, however, the physical edge could come in handy.

- Dale Miller has been proving himself to be a key piece in this Steelhawks run, as he is not only the leader in goals for the Steelhawks these playoffs with seven, but he has remarkably scored at least a point in every game of Hamilton's 8-1 run to the finals. Him and linemate Aaron Wilson are known for rising to the occasion in the clutch, dating back to their days in juniors, and they are proving it once again this postseason.

- As far as names go, and Edmonton has plenty of good ones, it's pretty hard to top Hercules Rockefeller. Also sporting names that show great creativity, such as Boruvka Banananak, or names that simply roll off the tongue nicely, such as Tony Pepperoni, Edmonton definitely age the name game for this series. Rockefeller especially edges it for me, because nothing says strength like literally having the name of a God.

- Easily e) the tug of war with Tig. Murphy is getting on with age and is showing himself to be slipping more and more into irrelevancy, making him no match for the young rising stud Gabe Johnson, who is already showing signs of being ready to give the old man the boot and take the spotlight...ok fine that isn't the case at all I'm sorry Tig please don't hurt me it was just a joke I swear.

+3 TPE
Code:
- Answers DM'd

Total TPE: 16/16 (CW Complete)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Code:

Considering that Im playing in this series, ill be going to all the games. On that note I do have some ideas. For some reason everyone seems to think (outside my teammates) that we will sweep Edmonton (we dont think so, but lets go with it) so on that note Ill answer this with that idea. First and foremost sweeping Edmonton would mean winning at home which would be HUGE for the people of Hamilton and alot of Southern Ontario. That being said if we sweep we are going out after the game, we are partying and anyone who happens to be in that bar or those bars we go to, will be drinking on us (or more to the point, Corey) this will include Corey since I fully expect Kennedy and Soderberg to be here when we win. They are some of my best friends, and winning without them wouldnt be the same. Then taking a page out of Lamar Jackson's book, im buying thank you rolex's for all the Dmen, we are a family within the family that is Hammy, and they are immensley important to me. +3
Code:

A cause thats near and dear to many of our hearts is Children's hospitals. Each team will have an art auction where each player on the team will do some sort of painting and they will be auctioned off with all the proceeds going to each teams Children's hospital. Then during the days that they are in each city the teams, together, will visit the hospitals they are fundrasing for, Stollery Childrens Hospital in Edmonton, which specializes in neonatal care, and McMaster Childrens Hospital in Hamilton which also specializes in neonatal care, but is also one of the predominant pediactric schools in the country. Each teams managment, and the league, will match the total donations raised by the teams. Each team realizes that while we may be enemies on the ice, off the ice there is way more important things to care about than hockey, and hopefully doing visits together will help strengthen that idea for everyone. +3
Code:
Thankfully I have been preparing for this my whole life, if by some devastating means Kryyst were to go down, I would step in for him in net. I realize we have a backup goalie, but this is a weird parallel universe where hes sick too. First and foremost blocking shots is a big part of my role on the team, as im over 2 per game (i realize thats nothing compared to a goalie but spare me, im not wearing fucking pillows of leather like he is) I also spent a good chunk of my youth playing in net, and my size would certainly help. I may not be as flexible, and I might look a little more like a goalie straight out of the 1990's but I digress. I would however DEMAND my own custom set of pads and a designed bucket to protect my face, which I might do anyway if Corey's paying for things... +3
Code:

Sleeping! Honestly this season has been so fucking draining, this isnt even just a fake hockey answer. Im fucking exhausted both Jax Duggan, and Jackson Duggan. I get that alot of people see Hamilton players taking the piss or actively instigating around the league, and it pisses people off, but first, those guys instigating arent on the team, legit, one is called up to ride the pine pony, and one has been a pressbox addition more than Loui fucking Eriksson, and that guy is useless, but being around anyone in the league outside a select few who arent on Hammy has proven to be draining. Constantly having to think twice and rewrite everything you say because you dont wanna come across as an asshole, really makes someone think about retiring early and moving to fucking new zealand far away from hockey. The one thing I need this offseason is rest, and sadly, I probably wont get any. +3

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]