Create Account

S51 Championship Week

5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
My player has a number of things he's looking to achieve this off season. First and foremost is taking the time off to improve the golf game. He started scoring consistently below 100 last season and now has his eyes set on sub 90. Beyond that, he'll be going back home to Minnesota where he'll train with a few of his old junior teammates. Sharp knows that with some of the SHL rules being implemented next season, the league is potentially going to be competitive again, so he is going to make sure that he's in top condition on day 1 when the puck drops. There is still going to be a little bit of time for some R&R, he plans to go down to Miami for a week to lay out on the beach for a little bit and recover a bit from the physical toll a full season and playoffs takes on your body. There's that and of course enjoying the nightlife in Miami, no way Sharp and his boys will pass up that opportunity.

9. Written, 1 TPE
Hamilton won, wow
There is not a soul surprised
New sim engine please

10. Graphic OR Written, 2 TPE (100 words min if written)
Buffalo Stampede and Doritos landed on a match made in heaven when they worked together to create the Buffalo Stampede flavor. The foundation of the flavor is based on buffalo wings, but it's been cranked up to 11 for these chips. The moment they touch your tongue the bulldoze you over like a stampede of sexy buffalo players. The commerical almost makes itself, an actor is standing there and opens up a bag and hear's the sound of the stampede coming out of it, he puts a chip in his mouth and closes his eyes. When he opens them, a rush of buffalos plaster him on the ground. And to finish it off, his flattened self reaches to the bag of chips that landed next to him to eat another one.

15. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Geezus Kryyst is the obvious winner here. Hamilton has already explained, the only reason they've won any series is because their goaltender has outmatched every other goalie in the league, so you can't go against that level of confidence. Tuck has always been known for stellar play in net, but nothing compares to the goaltending of Hamilton according to Hamilton.
B. There probably isn't a right answer here because Hamilton will score on you 5 on 5 if you're not going to play them physical. As the coach, you might as well just tell the team to play their game and play it the way they have to get this far. Beyond that, hope for a miracle in terms of biased refs or Hamilton somehow only hitting posts all night because otherwise Hamilton is just going to blast them.
C. I mean the X-factor is obviously Hamilton's Coach Aaron Wilson. No one else has brought such a consistent level of play not just for himself but for his entire lineup. Without the strategies employed by Aaron, Hamilton might have made the playoffs and maybe even won a series. But with them, Hamilton has cruised to a Cup win without any adversity whatsoever. No one else in the history of the league has done that much for their team.
D. Tony Pepperoni is my favorite name out of these two teams and likely one of my favorite names out of everyone in the league. I cannot tell you how much I love pizza and how much better it is with a even arrangement of pepperonis on top that are just ever so slightly burnt with a little grease pool in the middle. Seeing his name on the scoresheet is just a reminder of that.
E. All these options are great, I love pizza and cuddles, but I'm going to have to go with option F. No coach has been able to do single handedly gaurentee the success of his team like Aaron Wilson, so when we swap to the new sim engine he will inevitably have some tricks of his sleeve that every team is going to want a piece of until we have to swap to a different engine after that due to the nature of said tricks.

16. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Normally I'd give this to Aaron Wilson but I've praised him enough, so this one I'll have to give to Tig Murphy. From the 3 sets of stats I can see because PBPers either buried them or locked them behind google sheets access, you can see that Tig Murphy really stepped it up this series. In those three games, he got himself 2 goals and 5 assists, including getting a 3 point game in the only game Hamilton faced an ounce of adversity. He made sure to step up and rally his team so that when they did fall in that game 7-5, they could at least look around the room and look at the effort of Tig and rally around it.

18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
PM'd

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

PM sent

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 01:44 PM by xDParK.)

15. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Tommy Tuck posted a better SV% during the regular season, but Geezus Kryyst has been lights out during the playoffs. Which team has the advantage in goal for this series?

I think Tommy Tuck gives them an advantage in net for sure . He's always been a calm goalie under pressure and has some very important records in league history. I think his experience will carry them to victory, but Kryyst is no joke either. Both goalies are some of the best goalies in the league, but I got to give the slight edge to Tommy Tuck on this one

B. Edmonton averages more hits per game than Hamilton, but also more PIMs - and Hamilton has proven pretty deadly on the power play this postseason while the Blizzard's PK has struggled. Be the coach: should Edmonton stick to a physical style of play or back off a bit in this series?

Stick to the physical style of play for sure, not worth changing your style for one team when you've made it this year. They are in the finals for a reason and if they change their play style this late in the playoffs it could backfire hard. Just play hard and make HAM beat you their way.

C. Who is your X-factor skater in this series? Who's got the intangibles? Who's gonna step up for their team when it matters most? Why do you think so?

I think Rockefeller is my X-Factor for the Blizzard. His TPE is one of the highest in the league and he's been quite quiet his entire career actually. He's always put up decent numbers, but his TPE totals should translate into one of the best players in the league. I think he's ready to prove that in these finals and will come up huge.

D. Which player name is your favorite from the rosters of these two teams? (not your favorite player, but your favorite name)

Hercules Rockefeller again is such a solid name in all of league history. It sounds quite historic, but also very strong and masculine at the same time. His name alone makes me shake in my boots, so yeah, easily one of the best names in the history of the Sim Hockey League.

E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, © have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?

Get a nice big cuddly hug from Teddy Cuddles I think is my choice. First of all, just want to say this question is amazing and you did a great job thinking of it, very fun. Teddy Cuddles has always sounded so cuddly , so a hug from him would make my life for sure.

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)

Nice, I get this VIP status once again, I must be quite a cool person. Well, I'm going to pick Edmonton again, I think I've picked this city before on this question but I have to pick there again to visit my best virtual friend Ofer. He lives in EDMONTON in real life, so I'll go to this game and invite him with me. We'll pretty much just chat about our past the entire time, and cheer for Edmonton since everyone hates Hamilton for cheating the sim. Once the game is over we'll go out to Korea town and get some kimbop and maybe some korean bbq. After that we'll just go home since Ofer is young and needs to sleep by like 10pm irl. Pretty boring overall but that sums up ofer pretty good. So this changes it up quite a bit from last season, but overall I still get to hang out with my best bud Ofer.

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The SHL, trying to re-extend popularity among a fan base whose numbers have diminished this quarter, is hosting a town hall think tank right before the finals. It is a well-attended event, and many come forward with ideas to reinvigorate the league. What are some ways the SHL can re-ignite that flame with fans and soar to new heights of popularity? (don't you dare write about sim engines here, pretend this is a real life hockey league and answer it that way lol)

It's nice to see that this gets such a nice turnout every season. It's always great to brain storm new ideas for a league, even if the league is in good shape such as our own. Being the former commish I was always up for ideas from anyone in the league, so these events are personally much appreciate and good to see. Personally, I don't follow the league enough to come up with any ideas myself, but I've seen quite a few good ideas such PBP changes, which I support fully. I find the finals very boring with the PBPs and always skip over them every year unless my team is in the finals obviously. I think something needs to change for sure with this aspect of the league, but it's a very hard issue that hasn't been solved in over 50 seasons, some people love them, some people hate them, but slowly the scale is tipping and more and more people are hating this every season.

6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
Which player from Hamilton or Edmonton would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

Hercules Rockefeller will be a league MVP very very soon. He's got one of the highest TPE totals in the entire league, but just can't seem to get any synergy with his team. Maybe a team change would be good for this guy because he definitely has the potential to be the best player in the entire league. I'd like to see him go to a team like Chicago and get some more playing time and bigger role. I think that would be a good fit for him, but if he enjoys his teammates then good for him and I still think he will win an MVP soon enough staying on EDM.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Pretend that your team has hit an injury bug - the roster is so depleted that your coach is asking you to play out of position. What position is your coach asking you to play and what about your player build will help you be successful in this new role?

My coach wants me to play on the right wing because we lost Alexander Selich for the season. We have passed the trade deadline and we are few points behind the wildcard spot. Our prospects aren’t ready to play in the SHL. I will be playing on the third line with Nicolaj Muller and Kristoffer Svensson. I’m a great offensive player who can shoot the puck well and my skating is good. I have already practiced with Muller in the past. I just never played in a real match as a forward. It’s going to be tough for the team but if I try my best, I think we can get to the playoffs. Eric Vanderberg can take my spot. He’s a good defenseman but he doesn’t get a lot of ice time. Hopefully Svensson feed more puck because Muller takes a lot of shots and I want to score too. I actually believe that I’m a better shooter than Muller.

Code:
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!

During the offseason, there’s no resting for me. I did okay in my first season in the SHL but I wasn’t good in the playoffs. Buffalo trust me and gave me a good amount of ice time. I need to get better if we want to have a chance to compete for the challenge cup. I'm doing some puck handling and passing drills. I don’t want to turnover the puck like last season. I’m going to participate in the upcoming IIHF tournament. I will play for team Japan. We were able to get in the top 8 bracket. Our goal this year is to compete for the medal. Most of us now have SHL experience so we shouldn’t be considered rookies anymore. I want to have a great season because I could be a free agent next year. I got to work hard to get paid. Hopefully my training in the offseason pays off.

Code:
Which player from Hamilton or Edmonton would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

Hugh Jazz from the Hamilton Steelhawks is going to be one of the best scorers in the league. In his first season, he scored 47 points. He helped his team to win the challenge cup. I believe he can win the Ron Mexico Trophy. He reminds me of Noro Wozy but better defensively. He’s a great skater with amazing puck handling. He had 34 assists during his rookie season. He’s a great passer and has good hockey IQ. He also plays with good teammates. He’s going to get better every season. If he has scored 47 points in his first year, there’s a chance he can score more than 80 points in five years.

Code:
A. Tommy Tuck posted a better SV% during the regular season, but Geezus Kryyst has been lights out during the playoffs. Which team has the advantage in goal for this series?
B. Edmonton averages more hits per game than Hamilton, but also more PIMs - and Hamilton has proven pretty deadly on the power play this postseason while the Blizzard's PK has struggled. Be the coach: should Edmonton stick to a physical style of play or back off a bit in this series?
C. Who is your X-factor skater in this series? Who's got the intangibles? Who's gonna step up for their team when it matters most? Why do you think so?
D. Which player name is your favorite from the rosters of these two teams? (not your favorite player, but your favorite name)
E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, (c) have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why

1- I think Hamilton have the advantage here. Playoffs stats is more important than regular season. Right now Geezus Kryyst is playing at the MVP level so I don’t think Edmonton have a chance to score against him. Tommy Tuck has been playing well but not at the MVP level and Hamilton offense is too good.

2- I think Edmonton has to be aggressive in this series. Hamilton is young team. They are fast but not really strong so if the Blizzard get hit them hard, they could stop Hamilton momentum. They could be in trouble against Hamilton powerplay but if they can’t slow down the Steelhawks offense, they are still going to struggle.

3- My X-factor skater in this series is Tony Pepperoni. He’s going to play against the best team. Geezus Kryyst and the defense have shutdown the East. Tony Pepperoni is a MVP candidate but now in the finals he has to stay consistent and play on that level. He’s the only one I believe that beat the Steelhawks. He’s the best forward in the league.

4- My favorite player name is Hugh Jazz. I'm a huge fan of jazz music and I hope Hugh is also a fan of it too. The music helps me relax before a hockey game. My first game in the SHL was stressful but listening to jazz before the game helped me with my focus. I hope I get the chance to talk with Hugh Jazz.

5- I want Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use because my team sucks. They don’t get me the chance to play because I’m a rookie but I think Aaron Wilson can find a new strategy where I will be used more efficiently. With this strategy I can become the best player ever.

Code:
18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
A. In which season did the Hamilton Steelhawks last win the Challenge Cup?
B. Name a player who has won the Anton Razov trophy while playing for the Edmonton Blizzard
C. Which Edmonton Blizzard player famously has a cow as their player render?
D. Of the 18 skaters on Hamilton's playoff roster, how many of them have a Passing rating higher than their Scoring rating?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S51 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

sent

[Image: capybar22_600.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 02:02 PM by Jiggly_333.)

Once again, we’re gonna look at the tourist attractions in these cities. What cool museums do they got? At first glance, I don’t think there’s gonna be anything here. Hamilton and Edmonton aren’t exactly world cities, if you know what I mean. They’re kinda like Nashville or the Twin Cities, but Canadian. You know them fairly well if you’re from the country, but from the outside looking in you don’t really think about them.
In Hamilton you have the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, but unless you’re Canadian that doesn’t matter. I like architecture, so the Cathedral of Christ the King looks interesting to me. The Royal Botanical Gardens seems fun, I like trees and plants and shit like that. The McMaster Museum of Art has a solid Impressionist collection so I might check that out as well.
For Edmonton, it looks like they got some good looking parks. There’s a lot more museums here, although it seems to be because Edmonton is the capital of Alberta. I’m sure there’s similar stuff in Toronto. Fort Edmonton seems interesting from the outside. The Telus World of Science also looks fun. As for the art museum, I just read that the original Art Gallery of Alberta building was brutalist architecture, but it was torn down and replaced with some weird Soldier Field lookin shit. It’s collection seems to be a bit meh.
Yeah, honestly I might give the edge to Hamilton. Wait, that’s not what this task is about? Fuck it, someone else is paying for admission still.

I feel like Rocky could actually play any position on the ice other than goalie. Obviously she can just line up on the other wing. I don’t really know what the difference between playing on either wing is, but if it’s anything like in soccer it should be fine. She’s left handed and I’m pretty sure it’d have something to do with that, but I think she’s already playing on the “wrong side” anyway. When it comes to playing center, really the only difference is that she’d have to get better at faceoffs. But the thing is, she might not even take those faceoffs anyway if she gets ejected from the circle. So that means the only difference would be positioning and she’s pretty dang good at that sort of thing. She could also play defense pretty well. She probably has a solid defensive stick and she’s a sniper so she’d probably be cool with sitting up near the blue line and finding her shot.

I think that Rocky is going to enjoy being home. She’s been traded so many times at this point that I think she’d just be happy back in Chicago with her dad and the guys at the shop. I don’t know how it works canonically when exactly off-season is supposed to be so I don’t know what leagues they’d be watching, but I’m sure she’d be watching soccer with her dad. There is no offseason in soccer, there’s always a league out there playing. Whether it’s the Premier League, the W-League in Australia, or her hometown team Alajuelense playing in Liga FPD in Costa Rica, Rocky and her dad will watch it all. Her dad’s still learning hockey after all these years, but Rocky’s been helping him with comparing the game to soccer. To compare her own playing style in hockey to a player that her dad knows, she usually goes with Chicharito. She’s not much for anything else other than scoring, but she does that part pretty well.

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
So, I think about this a lot when it comes to the Chicago Fire. A team that provides no reason to bring in fans, how do you get people to care? For the SHL, I think that you need to market the personalities. Not explicitly, this doesn’t need to become the WWE. But allow the players to be themselves and make sure to amplify whenever they do something cool. A player decides they want to have a musical career? Support the hell out of it. A player shows up in a movie? Promote the movie. And encourage them to be on twitter, to interact with fans. Encourage SHL players to hang out with players from other leagues. I started caring about the White Sox because they made a connection with the Chicago Red Stars. Sports fans like sports, so be sure to be involved with the other sports in town. Also, be sure to market to the people of the city. Don’t just market to hockey fans or sports fans. Try to be involved with the city, look to activate markets that you wouldn’t expect to be at these games.

9. Written, 1 TPE

Rocky is the best
winger in the entire
league, mother fucker

18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer
Submitted

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)

I'd go to Edmonton again, like I did 2 seasons ago. They always have thrilling games and I'd root for them over the cheating Steelhawks any day. Like pass the puck dudes, the fuck? I'd spend the day hanging out with my old teammates like Cuddles and Tuck, we'd go eat and maybe I would practice with the team so they'd be able to shoot on a good goalie for a change. Game 1 would be exciting as it's the second time they've been to the finals in 3 seasons, which is no easy task, and the crowd will be very excited to cheer for their team. I would make sure to get some nachos and a large soda as I go down to my ice side seats and boo Hamilton every goal they get. Hopefully people would recognize me and I get some photos and autographs with fans but who knows, maybe they don't care about me.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S51 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

Well, the alternate really is where we don't fucking choke against LA and actually beat their stupid ass in 6. We move on to face Edmonton where we put the beating on Tommy Tuck and our top line explodes and Nic Williams emerges as an early Razov candidate. He gets 8 goals in 5 games including a hat trick in a pivotal game 3 to come back from 4-1 down. Czerkawski puts it all on the line in his last outing, as does Augustus. The team comes up big in big games and find themselves in their first challenge cup final since s46. Staring down the barrel of a cheating Hamilton team, they will have to play their best defense to date in order to fight off the onslaught of shots. Luckily they didn't count on one thing: Cain has 95 rebound control. No rebound cheese allowed when Cain gloves everything.

Pretend that your team has hit an injury bug - the roster is so depleted that your coach is asking you to play out of position. What position is your coach asking you to play and what about your player build will help you be successful in this new role?

Well, Cainer has been a mediocre goalie but now is his time to shine. The D core is getting worse with Crutchfield riding off into the sunset, and Cain is going to become the true number 1 Dman on this team. With 1700 tpe to spend, he will instantly become a top tier defenseman in the league. Already blocking shots, Cain will be the toughest, grittiest defenseman the SHL has ever seen. 95 skating, 95 puckhandling, 95 penalty shot, there's nothing Cain can't do. His shot is garbage but i'm more interested in blocking shots. He's basically like a second goalie that can limit the chances against your goalie and give him the easiest shutout of his career. Nothing is getting through to the net when Cain steps on the ice. His endurance is also 95 so you can play him 60 minutes a night, he already does that now.

The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!

Cain has had a rough couple of seasons, winning games and being lit up by a suspect defense and he has decided its time to take his talents to the market. He would like to hear offers and would hope he is valued as the top tpe goalie in the league by quite a bit. He's just looking for a team with a good LR, a good defense, and a team that knows how to win and get to at least the conference final for christ's sake. Cain doesn't want a 10x10, he wants a min deal at 1 season. NOLA isn't out of the question, but this was their year and they didn't get it done. With an engine switch imminent, I'd think a goalie with 1700+ tpe would be very valuable, and therefore every team should think long and hard about sending a pitch to Cain. I hope to hear from GMs soon.

8. Written, 4 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or your HS English (or equivalent any-language Writing teacher) will track you down in and give you a failing grade.

There was a time when I would say to you
I don't need cups, my teammates are my pride
But now the site's preparing to turn blue
I think I'll pack my bags and go to ride

I wish my spooky teammates all the best
I hope to shut you all out someday soon
And if you score a goal I will not rest
Until I beat you in the dressing room

So now I'll wait until the calls come in
and see where my career will take me next
And when my teammates ask me where I've been
I'll tell them I've been playing with the best

It's been a pleasure specters, honestly
Will I be in NOLA soon? We'll see

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

To be brutally honest I have never wanted or desired to go to Hamilton for anything besides maybe meeting my buddies at McMaster University for some bar hopping. So I would rather go to Edmonton as I have never been there before besides to play SHL hockey. To start off like usual, I would go with the nicest hotel in the area the; Delta Hotels which is in the core of the downtown area. Of course I would go to the West Edmonton Mall and see how big it really is and hopefully find some dope records. While I’m in the area I would check out some of the national parks in the area like Elk Island National Park cause who doesn’t want to see a bison.. Since it is winter I would definitely go up and see the ice castles. Lastly I would try out one of the ski hills in the surrounding area.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S51 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

Oh this is fun. First I’m going to be bias for fun. This will be a meme team and dream ride for the SHL. The wild card goes the same but the Jets came back down 3 to beat the Panthers much to Troy McClure III disappointment. With Big Dick Nick Brain carrying the team. Next the Jets would face the New Orleans Specters and it would be a home and home series up until the last game where it goes to overtime in New Orleans and Lil Manius’ coughs up the puck to his old teammate Ignatius Blunt for the series winner. The Jets would then face Edmonton like what happened in real life and which becomes a brutal hard hitting series between Alberta and Manitoba. The fans louder than ever where every game goes to OT in a 7 game nail-biter with the old beauty Gary Grease banging home the winner. In the Challenge cup finals The Jets would face the Steelhawks and the steelhawks would go up 3-0 but Commander Shepard got pissed off and went on an absolute madman tear with 10 assists and 4 goals in 4 games and a game winning OT goal. Pass first player wins.

This is somewhat easy for Shepard as for some of his junior career he played defense for both the Militia and team Canada. In fact Shepard is playing defense on the main Team Canada roster this coming IIHF tournament. Commander Shepard is actually a natural left wing, and besides playing defenseman Shepard is also already playing out of position as a center for the Jets because we are lacking in natural centers. I always found my pass first build works good for teams as you can have me as a 1st/2nd/3rd center depending on team build. I find my player build of a hard working defense first player works well on defense especially with Shepards smaller size which compliments generally bigger defensemen in the league. I also like to role play as the coach's dream where I go wherever the team needs whether its LW, RW, LD, RD, C, or even goalie I will do it. It’s probably why I’m center and sacrificed points in other areas to have at least an average faceoff rating.

This is a hard one as Hugh Jazz is really good, but I find Tony Pepperoni a hilarious name. It just rolls off the tongue like butter and I always picture a slice of pepperoni pizza as his head skating up and down the ice sniping goals and being an MVP just cracks me up.

E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, © have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?

As a segue I would most rather eat pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni as I would be curious to see if he would even eat the pizza or stare at it in horror as his fellow Pepperoni is devoured by me much to my delight. I’m guessing he’s half human half pepperoni so he may well eat it and it wouldn’t be considered full cannibalism.

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Despite the PA/SC controversy it looks like a goalie stole the final series for the Steelhawks. I would give my vote to Geezus Kryst. Kryst had a 934. save percentage throughout the entire playoffs essentially bailing out his team in every game and only lost once in the entire playoff leading up to the final series. In the final series, Kryst made 45 saves in the 3-2 first game, giving him a 957 save percentage, in the next game Kryst mad 33 saves in a 4-2 win. And I’m guessing he played just as good in the other final games as i can’t find the link for game 3 and can’t access the link for game 5 and the index is not updated.

B. Name a player who has won the Anton Razov trophy while playing for the Edmonton Blizzard
D. Of the 18 skaters on Hamilton's playoff roster, how many of them have a Passing rating higher than their Scoring rating?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S51 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

PM Sent

16/16

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
This is a hard question because both Edmonton and Hamilton are dumps. Hamilton however, is close to Toronto and other major cities so it might be worth it to go there. Edmonton is close by still a bit of a trek to Calgary (which is beautiful) so that would be a bit out of the way. Nolan McMahon is flown into Hamilton and he decided to build up a tab he will go to the most expensive hotel and order room service for quite a few nights on end. Games three and four should be exciting because it is the meat of the series and it will bode well on an entertainment level. McMahon invites some of the local celebrities from Los Angeles to join him and they go out for a few rounds of drinks following the game at a local watering hole. One of the keys to this is that SDCore would need to cover the limo rides to and from the stadium.

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
2. In the alternate reality the Los Angeles Panthers become the SHL Champions. The crazy thing here is that after this year they call up Nolan McMahon and he becomes one of the most impactful rookies to grace the SHL and lead them to multiple championships in a row. The one sticking point for this reality is that a bunch of other players retire which opens the door for a lower skill level to excel and feast on like-levelled players. Calgary folds as a franchise so they don't make it to the postseason in years future. Hamilton does well but struggles in the first round and Texas finally caves in and folds as well. This alternate reality is based solely on an old school approach where karma comes back to bite teams for the shitty personalities they've had over the years in their franchises. This reality isn't the best but it does bode well for the Panthers.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?
Always a crowd pleaser this question is because both teams would be giving time and money to something that needs help. Edmonton and Hamilton would bond together to create a healthy competition between the two cities to help benefit the kids hospitals in each respective city. One of the main reasons for this is that kids are the way of the future and some of those kids may in fact even grow up to be hockey players who play in the SHL. Hamilton has a long history of donating to kids charities and they would welcome the chance to do so. Edmonton has always been a huge partner in the War Amps programs in the city of Edmonton. This would get both teams ready for the battle against each other and bring them together beforehand to help them understand the bigger picture. Kids charities and hospitals are the way to go in times like these.

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
This off-season Nolan McMahon will be in the rink and gym working on becoming one fo the best goalies in his rookie campaign. It's going to be a tough year but McMahon is under watch by some of the best coaches in the game. It will be a tough year because all rookie seasons are tough, but McMahon is up for the challenge. His brother Ryan who plays for the Colorado Rockies in the MLB has been training with him. Both brothers are from different worlds in relation to sports, but both get their train on in the off-season just the same. Nolan has hired a diet instructor to help him get to peak status and he is ready for what his rookie season brings to him. The off-season has also been a time for Nolan to get away to the lake for some fishing and swimming in Southern Ontario.

Quote:9. Written, 1 TPE
Write a haiku about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the 3 line, 5-7-5 syllable structure or Godzilla will stomp on your house/apartment while you sleep.
HAIKU: https://poets.org/glossary/haiku
A new good player
Joins the great pro hockey league
Next year will be big

TRIVIA SENT IN (3 TPE MAX)

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min) word count: 163

The coach will be asking me to play some defense, even though I’ve never played defense before, my player has one of the highest TP for defense on our team. I think playing defense would be so much fun, I would definitely be a puck-moving, heavy-bodied d-man. I know my coach will have a heart attack every time I jump up into the play, but I can only imagine the fun we would have. I hope we never run into this problem, but I think I could also play goalie if need be. I have played goalie IRL at the high school level but in our league, I would be awful, I have absolutely 0 confidence in my player stopping a puck. I have tremendous respect for goalies because I know how hard their job is. So I think my go-to position would be a defenseman, not because I think their job is easy but I think I could transition smoothly into the role.

5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min) word count: 159

This offseason is going to be a big one for me, this is my last season (most likely) in the J and even though I have maxed out my build and TPE for the J, I am hoping to bank as much as I can. I want to be fully loaded when I make the jump into the big leagues and be able to help out my team as much as possible. I also have a RFA contract negotiation coming up with the Edmonton Blizzard, so I am hoping that goes over well, because I would love to stay apart of the organization. Other than training and the other logistics of the off season, I hope to relax and recharge with my time off. Maybe hit the slopes in Colorado, go out with the boys? I am hoping for a great offseason so I can take that energy into the regular season and hopefully make a deep playoff run.

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min) word count: 161

Outdoor games! I am a huge supporter of the outdoor games because it creates a great vibe within the town/community it is happening in and it usually makes for a great event. I think this would be a great thing to do if we are looking to have a new boost in fans. I know in the NHL it may have lost its spark, thanks to Gary Bettman and the Chicago Blackhawks for that, but I think it will be a great thing for our league. It will be something new that creates a buzz within our fanbase. Another thing we could do is a fourth line all-star game, so all the grinders in the league have an all-star event where they just beat the shit out of each other, I think it would be hilarious. Overall, I think we should do something out of the box and different if we want to relight the fire in our league and fans.

8. Written, 4 TPE

A Sonnet by First-Name Last-Name
My smart hockey, you inspire me to write.
How I love the way you shoots, skates and scores,
Invading my mind day and through the night,
Always dreaming about the ideal cores.

Let me compare you to a contender?
You are more clever, glorious and smart.
Great frost nips the robins of December,
And wintertime has the state of the art.

How do I love you? Let me count the ways.
I love your excellent fans, ice and pucks.
Thinking of your major ice fills my days.
My love for you is the forever klux.

Now I must away with a heavy heart,
Remember my apt words whilst we're apart.

9. Written, 1 TPE

Arctic hockey rink
A heavy, big helmet scores
despite the popcorn

10. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min if written) word count: 107

I think the perfect Gatorade flavor for the Edmonton Blizzard could be Gatorade Freeze. It would be a blue drink that is going to partner with the Blizzard and I think 10% of sales should go to youth hockey programs in the city of Edmonton. I think this would be a great marketing opportunity for both parties and it could help out the kids as well. The marketing campaign could change the penalty box into a freeze box and the Gatorade freeze could become the official drink of the Edmonton Blizzard and the fans. (But I want a fee for thinking of such a great marketing scheme.

claim: +16

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 05:20 PM by jason97.)

Code:

I love this question. I hope it never comes down to this situation but in the case that this actually happens. If the roster was depleted and I had to move to another position, I think I could be a pretty good defenseman. Obviously, if I move there, I would consider myself to be the more offensive defenseman to every grace the ice but I think I could do a pretty good job. I'm pretty sound defensively and I have great vision for the so I think I can be pretty effective in any role. I'm starting to really get all my attributes up so even if I move to another position like defense, I'm a pretty well rounded and only getting better. I've never been a player to block a ton of shots or anything like that so I might struggle a bit on the defensive side of the game but I have a pretty good stick and knack for just being anywhere on the ice.
Code:
167 words

Code:

After my first full season in the SHL, I can safely say i think I had a successful season. I was playing on the first line for most of the season and I thought I was pretty successful with the ice-time that I got. When coach told me that they would be trading away some players and that they wanted me to develop quickly, I was a bit skeptical at the time but after a full season under my belt, I can safely say that I have learned and grown as a player. In the offseason, I will be looking to work on my skating and putting a bit of muscle because the SHL is a very fast league, something that I learned very quickly, and I have to be able to take the hits. I plan on going with my personal trainer and working on my game in the gym and on the ice. I want to avoid having a sophomore slump and want to get even better next season.
Code:
171 words

Code:
E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, (c) have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?

A. Even though Tommy Tuck posted better stats in the regular season, I have to go with Geezus Kryyst in the playoffs. The entire team has been hot and I will always ride the hot streak. He has a better save percentage and goals against average than Tuck in the playoffs and I just think that Hamilton will continue the hot streak and win the finals.
Code:
65 words

B. For me the answer is simple here. Edmonton has to be more disciplined in the finals or this series will end very quickly. I don't mind if they continue hitting to maybe slow down the Steelhawks but they really have to stay out of the box. The Blizzard have been woeful on the PK and the Steelhawks will light them up.
Code:
61 words

C. For me, the X-factor skater in the series is Tony Pepperoni. He was absolutely outstanding in the SHL this regular season and if Edmonton has any chance of winning the finals, Tony will have to continue his great play. Even though I think Hamilton will win the finals, Tony has all the intangibles you want in a player and will have to carry this team on his back if they want to win.
Code:
73 words

D. For me, it has to be Geezus Kryyst. As a born christian, it is nice to know that someone decided to name their child after Jesus. This is the ultimate hommage to Him and I will be cheering for Geezus at home in the finals. Then I can pray and peace and congratulate Jesus on his victory.
Code:
57 words

E. This is pretty simple for me. Out of all of these options, I want to have a nice long hug with my friend Teddy Cuddles. If there's one thing I like more than anything else in the world, it's a nice long hug with someone who knows how to give hugs and I know I can count on Teddy Cuddles to give me a good one.
Code:
66 words

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

It feels like every season I'm doing the section of the Championship Week because I always wait until the last minute to do these things. Anyways, congratulations to the Hamilton Steelhawks for winning the finals. The Index hasn't been updated for the finals and the Game 5 game link doesn't allow me the access it so I really have no idea what happened. I heard there was a cheating scandal somewhere in there but I don't care that much about it. Anyways, I think the MVP should be Geezus Kryyst. He has an outstanding save percentage and goals against average and went the entire playoffs only losing two games, finishing with a 12-2 record. Hamilton has a lot of depth scoring so nobody really stands out of the offensive side for me therefore I would give it to the goalie.
Code:
140 words

Code:

PM sent.

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Task 1.
I think it’s pretty obvious that I would rather attend games 1 and 2 in Edmonton. Whoever I bring with me better be ready to get wild because the whole goal here is to distract Hamilton the best I can. I’m talkin’ giant banners or signs, those inflatable noise clapper thingys, crazy outfits… hell maybe I’ll even find a yeti costume to throw on, you name it. I want to be as loud and annoying as possible and get into the heads of the Hawks in any way that I can. Gotta run up the tab right? Gonna need a pretty large McIntyre jersey to throw over my yeti costume and we all know those can cost a pretty penny. Obviously I’m gonna need some liquid encouragement so keep the drinks flowin’. If every fan in the building don’t think I’m Edmonton’s number one fan by the end of game two then I’m doing something wrong. Sure I may make an ass of myself but in the end it would be worth it.
173 words

Task 2.
We’ll say everything in the Western Conference playoff tree can stay the same, big upset for New Orleans but hey… this is playoff hockey. We will even keep the Eastern Conference’s wild card round the same cause why not? What we are really interested in changing is everything beyond that. We all know how Hamilton’s coaches changed up the team’s, umm… tactics. Something along the lines of “Screw passing, anytime you get the puck we want you to shoot it.” Now in this alternate reality that tactic would not work out so well. After sweeping Tampa Bay in the wild card round, the Stampede keep it rolling through the next round because, for whatever reason, as soon as a Steelhawk touches the puck they shoot it away no matter where they are on the ice. Confusing? Sure, but probably not the best course of action. Now we get a long awaited rematch of the s46 Eastern Conference Finals between Buffalo and Manhattan. I think this would be a much more exciting matchup than s46’s as the two teams are much closer in skill now. Hopefully we’d see a 7 game series, though I’m not sure which team would actually take it. Regardless of which team moves on the Challenge Cup Finals would be a close one as Edmonton was pretty even with both Manhattan and Buffalo during the regular season.
230 words

Task 4.
This is actually my time to shine here. With the roster depleted I could technically be asked to play just about anywhere other than goalie. Not that I’d be awesome at the other positions but I could definitely be competent. I’ve actually seen myself be played in multiple other positions. I’ve played defense on special teams before and I even tried my hand at center during these playoffs. I think I’d like to try to play defense longer term if there were ever a time that called for it. I believe my puck handling ability, which helps out with blocking shots and poking the puck away, could be of some use in our end. And honestly, who doesn’t like to see a defenseman with a little grit lay some people out in his own zone? When it comes to the offensive side of things I like to think I ain't too shabby at moving the puck around either. Seeing as passing is one of my main focuses I believe I wouldn’t be too bad as a sort of “Quarterback” from the point in the offensive zone.
186 words

Task 15.
a. This is a toss up because just as you said Tuck had a pretty stellar regular season while Kryyst has stolen the show in the playoffs. Normally I would give it to Tuck but under the circumstances it could go either way. Looking at the numbers Kryyst has faced just slightly more shots per game on average during these playoffs, which is slightly surprising, but there's no way to tell who’s team gave up the more quality scoring chances. I’ll say Kryyst since he had a shutout which is difficult to do during the playoffs.
95 words
b. I would advise the Blizzard to back off a bit in this situation. We already know the Steelhawks have adopted a shoot first mentality and that could prove troublesome should Edmonton give them the man advantage too often. Discipline should be of the utmost importance to the Blizzard in this Challenge Cup Final series.
54 words
c. I think if anything could have gone a different way in these finals it would have been because of Tony Pepperoni. Dude is on every leader board imaginable for skaters during these finals. Tied for first in goals, tied for 5th in assists, tied for second in points, and on top of all that he’s in sole possession of first in hits. Tony could be the go to guy for seasons to come.
73 words
d. Not gonna lie, I think it’s hilarious to have numbers spelled out as your last name so I have to give this one to Akashi SixNine. Honestly, the first name of Akashi just somehow brings the whole thing together to look somewhat normal and that's what really sells the whole thing for me. Like, you’d expect someone with the name Akashi to have a wild last name. The whole name gives me a Chad Ochocinco vibe… absolutely ridiculous but having the number spelled out in english makes it that much crazier.
91 words
e. I mean, I fuckin’ love pizza so I’d eat a pepperoni pizza with Tony any day of the week. Pepperoni was never my favorite topping as I always felt it was just sort of boring but it’s started to really grow on me throughout the years. I’d have even picked cheese pizza over it until recently but now I get random cravings for pepperoni pizza all of the time. I think it was more the fact that every kid went nuts for it and that kinda turned me off of it. Damn, now I want some pizza.
97 words

Task 18.
Sent
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 05:51 PM by LairdButler.)

1.  Yeah Baby!!!! VIP Status for Stan!!! Feels good to be recognized for the powerhouse that I am! So first off is the choice of which games to go to, Edmonton or Hamilton? Decisions, decisions. Actually this is kind of an easy choice, Edmonton right? I mean after all, no one in their right mind really wants to go to Hamilton. So now for where to stay, I’m thinking a suite at the JW Marriott sounds like a perfect choice. I mean why not? From what I hear SDCore has some pretty deep pockets. Nothing like some expensive room service to make you feel at home. VIP box at the games with free booze, Hell yeah! Can’t forget about the after game parties and checking out the night life in Edmonton. I hear there is a really snazzy place called Suite 69 located downtown that has it going on. Might just have to get my Night At The Roxsbury on, oh yeah.                                 162 Words

3. For the annual fundraiser this year, both Edmonton and Hamilton decided that in the wake of the devastation effecting Australia right now, they would donate all proceeds to help out the Australian firefighters. What a bunch of big softies. Who says hockey players don’t have hearts? Now as for the nature of this fundraiser, it was finally decided, after much debate between the teams, that there was only one thing that could possibly raise the kind of money needed to help out Australia. That’s right; you guessed it, a BIKINI CARWASH!!! No we are not talking a bunch of scantily clad women out washing cars, c’mon this is a new decade and we are supposed to be past that kind of blatant sexism. Instead we are talking about a bunch of big, sweaty, hairy hockey players dressed in bikinis while washing your car. Now I know what you’re thinking, won’t tensions between the teams be running high? Of course it will, but that just adds to the fun. Per BIKINI CARWASH rules, all conflicts must be resolved with soapy sponges and water. Let the games begin and open up your wallets, folks!                                                                                                                                                                                          193 Words

4. So it looks like I’m going to have to fill in on Defense for a bit. No big deal, right. I mean just cause some of our D Men got injured, and then the call ups for play offs, we are a little short right now. Eh, no big deal, I got this. It just means I get to have fun and go hard out there on the ice. I mean after all I was Number 3 in the league for checking for the last 2 seasons. I’m one of the hardest hitters around. Anyone from the other team comes on my side of the ice, BAM!!!!!, right into the glass. Yeah I got this covered.” Nong, nong, naga naga nong nong”,(does weird little dance while singing). Guess I might want to make sure my pads are extra tight too. Going to be a whole lot of roughing going on. Hanson gets big smile on his face…..                                                                                                                                                                                                       158 Words

5. Wohoo!! Off Season baby! What to do, what to do? I think a trip home back to Badger, Minnesota is order. There is nothing like getting some of momma Hanson’s home cooking. I sure have missed that. I need to get in some work on making doughnuts too. I can’t expect to have a chain of tasty doughnut shops if I let my doughnut making skills slip. Speaking of skills though, I know I can count on dad and the rest of the family to keep me on my toes out on the ice. If it wasn’t for them and the things they taught me out on the ice, I wouldn’t be the powerhouse player that I am today. It’ll be good to see everyone and spend time relaxing with the family. Hopefully my cousins will have some free time and we can break out the race track and have some fun with our cars too. Hell yeah, there is nothing like going home.                                                                 165 Words

7. After much discussion at the town hall meeting about how to bring more fans to the SHL, one big topic seemed to keep coming up. While it was not necessarily a new subject, but it is something the league hasn’t seen much of in quite a while. I think it was best said in Godzilla, “Let Them Fight”. That’s right; people want to see fights again. They want old school, smash mouth Hockey to be played once more. In a world where MMA fever runs rampant, there is only one thing to do and that is to bring back the goons. People long for the days of players like Gordie Howe. They want to see blood, gore, guts, and veins in the teeth on ice. The masses are clamoring for it, and who are we to deny them? They are not entertained anymore. Let’s give them what they want, people. Say it with me, “LET THEM FIGHT!”                                                                                         158 Words

9. Coming hard and fast
   Into the glass you will go
   The puck will be mine

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

1.    Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

Corey is paying?? Oh, hell yeah. I don’t even care what city I go to. I’m not even entirely sure what each city has, but all I know is I can make it a good time with enough money. We’re making this as bougie as possible. He’s got that cash flow. I’m talking stretch Mercedes limousines to take us any and everywhere, the finest booze money can buy, and dinners at the nicest restaurants in town. Wagyu beef at upwards of $100 an ounce? Sign me up and give me a pound of it for lunch. Caviar by the truck loads and I don’t even really like it. It’s all about the appearance when we’re spending Corey’s money. I’m also poor as fuck so I’ll most likely be taking some cash on the side just for myself. These pockets ain’t empty cuz. I haven’t bought any equipment in a few seasons and Corey’s money really couldn’t be put to better use.

The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason?    What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us          know!

Well, Nick is always in the gym looking to get bigger, stronger, and faster. He also loves studying game tape to observe what opposing players’ tendencies are. This always give him a leg up on competition. However, there’s one thing that’s been holding him back and has been for a while now. And that’s his seemingly non-existent cash flow. You would think that a professional hockey player would be able to afford some equipment for the upcoming season, or perhaps that the team would pay for it. Not in the SHL. Players must buy their own equipment and if they don’t, too bad. Their performance will suffer for it and the team’s by default as well. Nick is looking to get a second or third job, maybe as a freelance writer or graphic designer. Although, we all know his graphic skills absolutely suck so he should stick to writing, and even that is mediocre at best.

Which player from Hamilton or Edmonton would you bet on to win a regular season individual      award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to      their potential and take home the hardware?

Tig Murphy has been an absolute stud lately (big fantasy points btw, thx) and I could definitely see him winning an award or two. He’s been one of the best defenseman in the league in the past season or two and towards the top of the list in points for defenseman. He’s really starting to shine and come into his own which is nice to see. He’s the complete package when you look at his skillset and any team would be lucky to have him. I’ve followed him closely as he was on my fantasy team and he was everything I hoped he would be and then some. He does it all.

15. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth            1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
      A. Tommy Tuck posted a better SV% during the regular season, but Geezus Kryyst has been      lights out during the playoffs. Which team has the advantage in goal for this series?
Hamilton will have a big advantage in goal this series, not due to the goalie per se, but more due to the fact that they are going to absolutely pepper Tuck with shots as that’s their play style. At the blue line? Shoot! At center ice? Shoot! In your own zone? Who gives a fuck, let ‘er rip! Eventually all those rebounds end in a lot of chances.

B. Edmonton averages more hits per game than Hamilton, but also more PIMs - and Hamilton    has proven pretty deadly on the power play this postseason while the Blizzard's PK has struggled.    Be the coach: should Edmonton stick to a physical style of play or back off a bit in this series?
If I was the coach in Edmonton, I’d stick to the physical style of play. You can’t change what has worked all season just to MAYBE gain a slight advantage. It makes no sense. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it kinda mentality. Maybe I’m just a moron but I feel that this would give them the best shot in the series.

I think the X-factor in this series is going to be Tony Pepperoni. He’s going to have to have an offensive explosion in terms of output for EDM to remain competitive. Hamilton is an absolute buzz saw and I don’t think they’ve lost a game. Their offense is unmatched. Only way to win is to match goal for goal.
      D. Which player name is your favorite from the rosters of these two teams? (not your favorite      player, but your favorite name)
Again, I’d have to go with the great Tony Pepperoni here. I fucking love pizza and what just so happens to be my favorite topping? Yep, you guessed it. Pepperoni. How could I not love this guy and his great name? Great player, great name. He’s got my vote for favorite of both.
      E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism),            (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, © have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at      night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson            uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?
Wow. We’re gonna do this again huh? Give me my boy Pepperoni cannibalizing a few slices with me any day of the week. Is he actually a piece of pizza? I guess I don’t know enough about him. That’d be pretty wild though and would even further cement this pick into my brain if he was to be honest.

18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer -    SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
      D. Of the 18 skaters on Hamilton's playoff roster, how many of them have a Passing rating higher            than their Scoring rating?

SENT

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

1. (3TPE)
Man I must be pretty liked by Head Office, I’ve had VIP status to the finals for the last like 3 or 4 seasons! Not complaining though. I gotta say, picking between going to Edmonton or Hamilton is kinda like picking between kissing your mom or your sister. Preferably I wouldn’t go to either. But I guess I’ll take Hamilton since it’s kinda close to Toronto at least. I’ll us SDCore’s big mullah to get myself one of the luxury boxes at the stadium with a private chef, have a real nice steak dinner and cheesecake for dessert. At this point I’m too old for any of the clubbing nonsense, it really just isn’t that fun anymore when you’re married and settled down, so I’ll use the money to maybe visit the Aroma luxury day spa one afternoon, and I’d also like to check out the Canadian Warplane museum as I’m a bit of a history buff and think planes are pretty damn cool.

5. (3TPE)
I usually have a pretty orthodox offseason routine. After the end of the season, whether regular season or playoffs, I usually take a week or so to let my body recuperate. I like to visit some of the spa’s, especially those new floating pod things, I find they really relax my muscles and joints after a long season. After that I typically take a trip somewhere, sometimes it’s to a resort and sometimes I feel like doing some sightseeing. This year I’m heading over to New Zealand where I’ve always wanted to go. It’s a beautiful country, and as an Irishman I’ve watched a lot of rugby and played a bit as well before I became a full time hockey player, so that is a big draw for me as well. Once I return I’ll start working on my training again. As an older guy in the league you really have to start making sure you are prepared for the long season ahead as your body just isn’t in the same shape it was 5 or 10 years ago.

15. (5TPE)
I would have to give the goalie advantage to Tommy Tuck. Some may give the advantage to Kryyst as the younger goalie more in the prime of his career, but Tuck has the experience and the hardware to his name that Kryyst does not. He knows what it takes to get the job done.

I think Edmonton should stay definitely try to keep some physicality, but they need to ensure they stay DISCIPLINED. Hamilton’s PP has really taken off this season due to their elite new strategy, so Edmonton needs to ensure they stay out of the box if they have any chance of bringing home the Challenge Cup.

There’s a few good options here, but I have to go with Tor Tuck. He’s been one of the best D-men in the game over the past 10 seasons and will likely win the Stevens this season. He can do it all, strong defense, great offense, and super physical. He’ll need to continue being at the top of his game in order for an Edmonton win.

I’m not sure that I have a FAVORITE name out of these two teams, but I can tell you my LEAST favorite. It’s Akashi SixNine. That guy is a dirty rat. Every time I hear his name it pisses me off. He’s always going to the refs and the league trying to throw guys under the bus for his own benefit. What a punk.

Kinda seems like a no brainer to me, I would definitely eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni. That man surely knows a thing or two about quality Pepperoni so I’m sure he would get a real good pizza where the pepperoni quality would blow me away. I’m hoping he doesn’t consider it cannibalism as that would be pretty awkward and I really have no interest in the other options.

17. (2TPE)
My MVP is not necessarily the best player on the ice in this series, or even the best of the playoffs, but someone whom without, all of this would not have been possible for Hamilton, and that is Aaron Wilson. He found and helped implement an extremely successful strategy allowing Hamilton to reach heights they hadn’t otherwise dreamed of achieving. Prior to this season Hamilton had been a dumpster fire for quite some time with seemingly no end to the rebuild in sight, but that all changed due to master tactician Aaron Wilson. It’s hard to imagine where Hamilton would be right now without your achievement (most likely on the golf course), so congratulations!

18. (3TPE)
Submitted via PM

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 05:23 PM by Briedaqueduc.)

1.  Because LeBlanc already had a VIP status to go to Edmonton a couple seasons ago, he decided to go to Hamilton this time around. LeBlanc would like to be as close to the net as possible to see all the goals from up close. Again, LeBlanc doesn't need a big hotel, he will probably end up staying at some Canada teammate's house. He will probably end up hanging out with them too after the game. While LeBlanc is in the east, he will probably do a quick detour to Montreal to see his family and his dog. LeBlanc would probably go see game 3, just because he would want to see the first game in Hamilton, and he doesn't feel like game 4 would be the last one. Besides that, LeBlanc doesn't really want anything else, he will want to go back to LA as fast as possible to prepare for the next season.
Code:
155 words

6. That player would obviously be Jean-Paul Boivin. I've said it so many times, Jean-Paul Boivin is the best player to have ever existed. Obviously he will eventually get an award. Jean-Paul Boivin isn't the type of player to score goals or to make big plays, he's the type of player to actually play LIKE A MAN. He makes big hits and creates fear in his opponents. Jean-Paul Boivin is the most underrated player and he will show everyone his true potential when he will start playing in the SHL. Watch your back when he's on the ice, he could hit you from anywhere, even from the bench.
Code:
107 words

A. Honestly I think Edmonton has an advantage here. Tor Tuck obviously had the better stats during the season, and I believe he will also have better stat in the series. Kryyst is not a bad goalie by any means, but he doesn't get as many shots as Tor Tuck, so his stats don't really display how good he is.
B. I think that I would tell the team to be more careful in this series. We don't want to give Hamilton too many opportunities to score, because we know that they will score in these opportunity. Even though playing physical is one of Edmonton's strength, they have to tone it down if they want to actually have a chance to win, because Hamilton will mess them up offensively.
C. I would say Gabriel Johnson. First of all, he's the son of the manager of Canada, so I have to be nice to him if I want to be picked in the roster, and second of all, he's a pretty solid defenseman for Hamilton. He helps out a lot Hamilton's offense, and he will be a key piece to their success.
D. Last time Edmonton was in the finals I picked a player from there, so I will go with an Hamilton player. I think I'm gonna go with Geezus Kryyst. It's pretty clever, the reference is obvious but I think it's written in a fun way. It's different from the normal dick jokes and it's pretty original.
E. Good question, I think I would choose uncover a new strategy with Aaron Wilson. You know, I would love to win a cup, and I think Aaron Wilson would be very good to help out with this. I can't really make my player better, so my last chance is to have Wilson to help me out

16. I would go with Aaron Wilson for the mvp. He's had the most point in his team,which makes him a pretty obvious contestant. He was an important part of that team. He wasn't really the one scoring the goals, but he was the one making the plays. He has a great vision and he has an high hockey IQ. He's also a very clean player. He didn't even get any penalty during all the playoffs, while playing over 22 minutes a game. So, he deserves mvp because he's making great plays and he has a good sportsmanship on the ice.
Code:
101 words

18. PM sent

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]