Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 14 2012, 11:38 AM
Undisputed

What They Don't Know- 4/5 Good ol X. Funky ass beat and some hard verses. Only thing keeping it down is the hook isn't catchy whatsoever

Cold World- 3/5 I love the female part of the hook but when X does it it's just not working. Once again love his rapping though. His hooks just aren't what they used to be

I Don't Dance- 4/5 Fun ass song. Love it, not serious but still has the flow that makes X one of my favorites and Machine Gun is actually pretty boss

Sucka For Love- 5/5 My favorite on the album. Got the smooth hook, X's boss rapping and a slow beat. All my favorites.

I Get Scared- 4.25/5 I like it, I really like X's softer side this album. He still goes hard on the verses but uses softer beats and hooks. They're not club bangers but they're still boss.

Slippin Again- 3.5/5 Not as good as the original Slippin but still an aight song

I'm Back- 4.5/5 The name says it all. He's back, this beat is sexual imo, I love it, DMX is so fucking boss man. He hasn't lost a step at all imo.

Have You Eva- 2.5/5 It's aight, the vocal track is too washed out by the beat, it's like they put it under the beat and I find it hard to get into

Get Your Money Up- 4/5- Here's the Hard X. Still hustlin and still got the voice to intimidate lol.

Head Up- 4.5/5 I love this side of X, said it before in this review but it's my favorite style of hip hop and he does it best imo.

Frankenstein- 2.5/5 Not for me. Seems far too much like a pop song by the beat, couldn't focus on the verses

Ya'll Don't Really Know- 4.5/5 Most like the Old X on the album imo.

I Got Your Back- 4/5 Another one of the softer songs.

No Love- 2.5/5 Couldn't get into it. may be one I have to go back to and try it again but as it stands it's only okay

Already- 5/5 Any song that starts with that growl is gonna be boss. Love it, my favorite banger on the album.

Fire- 4/5  Kashmere KILLS It.

Fuck You Bitch- 3/5 I like the song. The hook just doesn't do it for me to be anything higher though

Love That Bitch- 4.5/5 Another slower song where he still goes hard. Love it

18 songs-

69.75/18= 3.88. Almost a 4. Loved it and will still listen to it for quite a while. I missed X

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=286205

I have lost alot of respect musically for you maxy. You just make outlandish claims that are funny. Everything Pusha does is decent to great.

His verse on New God Flow is the best of em all.

Don't get why everyone hates on The Morning

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Sep 14 2012, 03:07 PM
I have lost alot of respect musically for you maxy. You just make outlandish claims that are funny. Everything Pusha does is decent to great.

I agree on Pusha. I'm not, like, a fan of his work (by that I mean listening to whatever he releases), but whenever I hear a verse of his on a song, I usually enjoy it.

And with The Morning, I didn't like it because of the hook. Raekwon and Common were dope, but the hook annoyed me.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Sep 14 2012, 11:10 AM

I agree on Pusha. I'm not, like, a fan of his work (by that I mean listening to whatever he releases), but whenever I hear a verse of his on a song, I usually enjoy it.

And with The Morning, I didn't like it because of the hook. Raekwon and Common were dope, but the hook annoyed me.

I didn't like nor did I dislike the Hook, but i loved the beat and every verse except Cyhi

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Sep 14 2012, 02:07 PM

i just don't like him, his voice annoys me quite a bit and i don't like most of his verses, i just don't see any lyrical prowess and his voice just isn't for me. i can't think of a song where i can say "I'm glad pusha was on that track"...

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 14 2012, 03:18 PM

i just don't like him,  his voice annoys me quite a bit and i don't like most of his verses, i just don't see any lyrical prowess and his voice just isn't for me. i can't think of a song where i can say "I'm glad pusha was on that track"...

I can get that. There are definitely guys out there who I don't like because their voice begins to annoy me and while his voice doesn't bother me too much, I can definitely see how it annoys you.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Sep 14 2012, 02:20 PM

I can get that. There are definitely guys out there who I don't like because their voice begins to annoy me and while his voice doesn't bother me too much, I can definitely see how it annoys you.
yeah not saying he isn't talented to me personally he just makes songs worse. maybe he'll grow on me overtime like some others idk

play me in NHL tbh.

Also only one good album left this year :(

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Sep 14 2012, 03:30 PM
play me in NHL tbh.

Also only one good album left this year :(

Assume you mean Kendrick's?

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Sep 14 2012, 11:31 AM

Assume you mean Kendrick's?

assumed correctly

Is my opinion on Pusha still wrong now that you are in the minority, Maxy?

No respect for Clipse.. Pusha is one of the best in the game and was definitely one of the best this year..

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Sep 14 2012, 11:42 AM
No respect for Clipse..

Yeahthat

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Sep 14 2012, 02:34 PM
Is my opinion on Pusha still wrong now that you are in the minority, Maxy?
yes. still don't think you could find a good pusha song I'd like. but seriously if you're gonna keep riding my ass every time i post you're gonna have to buy me a drink

Cruel Summer is sick.

Me and my friends were bumping it all day.