Create Account

Response to ANA Appeal

01-23-2020, 02:59 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote:
01-23-2020, 02:33 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Tbh the cap is high enough with the rookie bonus from HO so a 6 mil fine would still be ok IMO.

Still not saying i like the tampering punishments, just saying it as a general thought.
Not if you have a mostly active team, We're right up against the cap in Vancouver with only 2 IA's. A 6 mil fine would mean they have to field less actives

Not necessarily. Ifas under 200(?) is the same cost as a rookie and a 200(?)+ is the same as a senddown, no? Or did they change it?

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

01-23-2020, 03:20 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
01-23-2020, 02:59 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote: Not if you have a mostly active team, We're right up against the cap in Vancouver with only 2 IA's. A 6 mil fine would mean they have to field less actives

Not necessarily. Ifas under 200(?) is the same cost as a rookie and a 200(?)+ is the same as a senddown, no? Or did they change it?
IFA's under 200 are 1 mil, we try to give rookies atleast 2 with the 2 mil bonus so they can get a footing

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

01-23-2020, 03:20 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
01-23-2020, 02:59 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote: Not if you have a mostly active team, We're right up against the cap in Vancouver with only 2 IA's. A 6 mil fine would mean they have to field less actives

Send downs 2M hit no matter what, IFA tiers sub 200 = 1M over 200 = 2M

it can get close with gross cap fines like was originally ruled which was brought up in the appeal, which is why we adjusted. Unless you have 20 send downs or IFAs above 200 you can make it work.

Going public when

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]

[Image: unknown.gif]

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

01-23-2020, 03:24 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote: IFA's under 200 are 1 mil, we try to give rookies atleast 2 with the 2 mil bonus so they can get a footing

True, still there is room, and the HO bonus and the first media bonus is there for a reason. 2-3 mil was always enough before and it still is today. But if you got money its nice to give them extra, so dont break the rules to get the fine. Smile

01-23-2020, 03:24 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
01-23-2020, 03:20 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Not necessarily. Ifas under 200(?) is the same cost as a rookie and a 200(?)+ is the same as a senddown, no? Or did they change it?

Send downs 2M hit no matter what, IFA tiers sub 200 = 1M over 200 = 2M

it can get close with gross cap fines like was originally ruled which was brought up in the appeal, which is why we adjusted. Unless you have 20 send downs or IFAs above 200 you can make it work.

I guess, im just remembering talk of some J players being paid like 6-8 mil just a couple seasons ago, which make the cap seem low when IFAs are the same price as actives.

01-23-2020, 03:03 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: This whole time we're out here arguing and pointing fingers when we all know the truth at who's fault this really is:

SHL HO.

If they would've just hired McZ to run MIN like they were supposed to, Gibbles would've stayed in Anaheim and all of this wouldn't have ever happened.

Fuck you SHL HO.

This makes a good point. If Donini did have this planned all season, then either he planned this all secretly before knowing he would be GM and didn't tell his GM at all which seems kind of pointless, or Gibbles was also in on it. Hmm I guess we have to fire Gibbles now.

01-23-2020, 03:37 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
01-23-2020, 03:24 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote: IFA's under 200 are 1 mil, we try to give rookies atleast 2 with the 2 mil bonus so they can get a footing

True, still there is room, and the HO bonus and the first media bonus is there for a reason. 2-3 mil was always enough before and it still is today. But if you got money its nice to give them extra, so dont break the rules to get the fine. Smile

01-23-2020, 03:24 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Send downs 2M hit no matter what, IFA tiers sub 200 = 1M over 200 = 2M

I guess, im just remembering talk of some J players being paid like 6-8 mil just a couple seasons ago, which make the cap seem low when IFAs are the same price as actives.

some are which is why it was noted that this argument will not be listened to anymore unless under gross penalty by HO. Our thought process was that 3million covers all training for the season for a rookie, with the HO bonus this would be only a 1M cap hit so reasonably you can make this work. I dont blame GMs for giving out all cap money to rookies but dont say we are hurting them when you can still cover all of their training. That was our opinion going in and after this was brought up in appeal we believed that 6 million in one season was gross penalty so we spread the fine.

01-23-2020, 03:19 PMJKortesi81 Wrote:
01-23-2020, 03:07 PMInsayne Wrote: Joe tampered me once from the 2nd line on CGY to the 1st line on CGY by forcibly making me pass-first

Who do I contact about this

The S40 Challenge Cup Banner.

Please address me as "Game 7 winning goal-berg"

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]

01-23-2020, 01:35 PMBadWolf Wrote: It’s our job, however, to follow the letter of the law, have a good time, promote player retention, and overall just be good people to one another. However we do have to address the rule as it was written at the time of the infraction.

Let's check:
Does BDonini:
Follow the letter of the law? ????? (TBD)
Help people have a good time: ?? Do STL actually care that much that a player they didn't want and who still be inactive if he stayed on their team might have been tampered?
Promote player retention: ✓ He brought an inactive player back to the league. Other leagues actually give rewards for this, not punishments.
Be a good person to other people: ?? Who was he not good to? As I already said, STL didn't want Alex.

BDonini passes the test in my book.

Why is the same people putting down the punishment down doing the appeal? Also it seems like the appeal wasn't considered at all since a decision was made so quickly.

01-23-2020, 03:51 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: Why is the same people putting down the punishment down doing the appeal? Also it seems like the appeal wasn't considered at all since a decision was made so quickly.

this is the real question.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

01-23-2020, 03:51 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: Why is the same people putting down the punishment down doing the appeal? Also it seems like the appeal wasn't considered at all since a decision was made so quickly.

Yeahthat

01-23-2020, 03:43 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
01-23-2020, 03:37 PMスウェグキング Wrote: True, still there is room, and the HO bonus and the first media bonus is there for a reason. 2-3 mil was always enough before and it still is today. But if you got money its nice to give them extra, so dont break the rules to get the fine. Smile

some are which is why it was noted that this argument will not be listened to anymore unless under gross penalty by HO. Our thought process was that 3million covers all training for the season for a rookie, with the HO bonus this would be only a 1M cap hit so reasonably you can make this work. I dont blame GMs for giving out all cap money to rookies but dont say we are hurting them when you can still cover all of their training. That was our opinion going in and after this was brought up in appeal we believed that 6 million in one season was gross penalty so we spread the fine.

Sounds fair.

Perhaps it should be done like in the SHL, commish+owners?