Create Account

S52 PT #2 - The Anthology Vol. II

Henrik Lekberg Osterman spent most of his time during his teenage years either helping out on the farm or practising hockey. Living in a small town with over an hours buss ride to the nearest city, he could really focus on his game. Everyday when he came home from school he would help out at the farm and then spend hour after hour in one of the empty barns, working on his puck handling and his shot. This really helped him develop his game and get it to the next level and all the physical labour he did from working at the farm helped develop him physically.

It was during his mid teenage years that HLO really developed into a promising player as his body and his skills with the puck finally caught up with his skating as well as his vision of the game. He was a late bloomer but he really caught up and started showing signs of being a real talent during his teenage years.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

After Creller was drafted to the Falcons and he stepped onto the ice for the first time, he knew he had to make big strides in order to compete with the best. It's tough coming from no hockey background and making a name for yourself in a highly competitive league but Creller put his blinders on in order to set him apart from the rest of the league. In his first season, he proved to be a huge physical presence on the ice while being able to put up respectable numbers in the points column. Leading the league in hits for most of the season, his rugby background really came to the forefront in his playstyle. A big body on the ice, even if he was still learning how to skate for most of the season. After his trade to Carolina, he was moved back to defense where his numbers seemed to stall out. An unfortunate byproduct of a trade to a new strong team, he felt ready to make the jump into the SHL with the Panthers the following season.

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Scouts were aware of Philipp from Day One. Due to the family legacy that I talked about in the previous part of this anthology, people knew about him from the moment he first stepped on the ice and started playing competitively. There were more eyes and more attention on him than on the other kids on his teams or the opposing squads even in games where there might have been other kids who were just as talented as him. That doesn't mean that Philipp thought that he was better or more important than everyone around him, luckily he was able to keep a certain kind of humility and when he was with his teammates, he was just one of the guys. He still was one of the best players in his age bracket however and as such, frequently played with and against people a couple of years older than him, but generally speaking both Philipp and his parents preferred for him to not change teams too often but stay on the same squad for at least a few seasons before looking to take the next step - unless the family was forced to move because of his fathers own hockey career, of course.

I first started showing up on scouts radars around the age of 14 right as I was around high school age. That was when I first started playing stronger competition and yet I still was not slowing down that much. They liked my form and thought my game could carry over at the highest levels. I still had that x factor. Me and my friend Eko van Otter were both in the same program and we were light years ahead of everyone else, both the top two leaders in just about everything with a wide margin between us two and the third place player, it's quite ironic that we both ended up on the same team. Balancing hockey and school was tough especially since my family had a strict focus on academics, especially the later years of high school had a ton of homework all the time. I basically spent all my time between training and schoolwork but that grind paid off later.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Ryan Cvitkovich busted onto the scene as soon as he got into high school, right from 13 he made the varsity team and established himself as a top prospect to watch. Scouts flocked to his games night in and night out and he would be tucking hat tricks with ease. He became good buddies with another fellow SHL'er, Luke McMaster of the Detroit Falcons and recent draft pick of the Edmonton Blizzard. McMaster however, was no where near the level of Cvitkovich as he would get absolutely dummied by him whenever they stepped on the ice together in high school as they went to rival schools. When Cvitkovich was 16 he made the jump to the OHL and continued to have a very successful career during his time there and continued to prove he is just as good of a prospect as all the scouts have been saying. Draft day rolled around and he was taken 29thoverall by the Anchorage Armada. 

162 words

[Image: OIQc6sy.png]

166 words

Jack Kennedy spent his teenage--until making the leap to the Simulation Junior Hockey Leauge--years playing for the renowned prep school, Shattuck Saint Mary's. With the school boasting such alumni as, Sidney Crosby, Nathan MacKinnon, Zach Parise, John Toews, Derek Stepan, Erik Haula, Jack Johnson, among others, the expectations were extremely high on the kid from Boston in his freshman year of high school. Young Kennedy relished in the challenge, and did his utmost to absorb in his surroundings like a sponge. With so much expertise surrounding the developing prospect, twenty four hours a day / seven days a week, it was like being placed in an incubator. When he wasn't in class, he was on the ice; when he wasn't on the ice, he was in the gym; and, if he was in none of these places he was either eating or sleeping. Jack Kennedy owes much of where he is now to his time spent at Shattucks Saint Marry's School.

As I stated in the last point task, the Velveteen Dream did not come from a hockey background and never got into hockey at a young, or intermediate, age. My intermediate or teenage years were spent honing my craft inside the ring where I could become the best there ever will be and to become a premier athlete for any sport I chose to pursue. While I was mildly aware of what hockey even was in that time frame I had not even laced up a pair of skates yet. Not long after though I would finally put my mind to it and decide that I wanted to be the best hockey player there is so I put all my time and devotion into making that a reality. I guess you could consider me a teenager still by a narrow margin when I decided to be the best there is to ever step on the ice for the SHL.

159 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

As I grew older and hockey became more and more important, it definitely turned into something I was extremely passionate about and many said I could go far. We all dream about playing in the big league, but the fact that it seemed like a real possibility for me was crazy.

From an early-ish age I had started playing with guys older than me. Our club team in the age group above mine was much smaller and needed to pad their bench with more bodies as the game became more demanding so me and a few more players my age were called up.

I started standing out more and more, even among the older players, when we went on tournaments around the country. I definitely wasn't the loudest or boldest off the ice but on the ice is where I was in my element.

Not many universities in Sweden have hockey teams, but some of them contacted me in my late high school years to try and get me to play for them. But by then I'd already gotten the attention of a handful of scouts from the two top hockey divisions. I decided to skip out on further studies after high school to chase the hockey dream!

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

As a teenaged hockey player, Knox Booth was all business. His mother was always the submissive type, never failing to miss a game but never attending a practice. His father was an overbearing hockey parent and an alcoholic to boot, and the worst kind of them – a mean drunk. Knox found that his relief came when he was on the ice so for him there wasn’t a better place to be than at the rink. This is why Knox was at his best behaviour at all times, he never wanted to risk losing his privileges and being in any way banned from his happy place. Knox has always been very coachable, listened to what was said to him and did what was asked of him. The only time Knox was ever late to a practice was if his father was too drunk to drive him, and after Knox got his drivers license that no longer became a problem. Knox was the ultimate pro as a teen and it has carried through to this day.

174 words

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: p82ugau.png]

The teenage years for Ronlain were interesting. Coming from an age where he was just playing for fun and then going into a more competitive age of playing sports was a bit of an adjustment. Originally, Ronlain was just some average player on most teams. He wouldn't really hold the team back, but nor would he be a driving force in the success of the team. Well, as we moved towards high school, Ronlain really started to break out. He would find himself being able to see the play about to unfold in front of him and from there he could find ways to get himself open often. He was constantly sliding into spots where the defending players would rarely notice him and then before they knew it, the puck was already off his stick and flying towards the net. Before he even knew it Ronlain was near the top of the leaderboard for goals almost every season and it wouldn't be long before thoughts of the SMJHL would start to creep into his head.

Code:
175 words

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Once I started to really fall in love with the game, these were the years where I really started pushing myself to go for it. Early on in my teenage years, I knew that I had something special in me. It was very hard to get seen by scouts in Italy, so I had to make a tough decision and leave the city I love and pursue my dreams in Sweden. One onlooker said that this move would get me to perfect my skills, play elite competition and test myself to my limits. I didn't know at the time that that person was Hall of Famer Frankie Gooseneck. Because I didn't know the language, I was put into a special program where I had classes after my practices and training session but never had to physically attend school. I think that was extremely important in getting me to focus all of my energy on hockey and didn't have to stress out everything that comes with being in high school.

Code:
169 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2020, 05:52 AM by OrbitingDeath.)

The teenage years of Vorian Atreides

Last time in my anthology I already talked about how the SMJHL was actually the first time that my player started skating, otherwise a 10000 year old player wouldn’t play in a developmental league, he actually joined the SMJHL to learn to skate and had no prior experience. This makes it hard to talk about the same thing again for this Anthology, so we will reflect further and actually go look at Atreides his teenage years.
His teenage years are why he is now able to still play hockey, even after all these years that he is alive already. Vorian Atreides was the thirteenth son of the old titan Agamemnon, with the other twelve being killed due to them not being perfect in the eyes of the old titan leader. Due to his loyalties he was being perceived as the next in line to his father who rewarded him for this by giving him a life extending treatment.

After he had received this treatment, he meet a girl on earth and he actually switched loyalties. He found out about pain and terror that the old titans were causing and he remained on earth to fight for the human cause. Even after all the years of the war that he had fought in, he had not aged a bit as the life extending treatment worked flawlessly. While the girl he fell in love with passed away of old age, he was still the same person.
After going through the scenario of losing the ones you love multiple times, he decided it was time to stop going through that cycle and find other things to enjoy, hockey being one of them. And that is why Vorian decided to sign up eventually and join the SMJHL ranks.

Code:
300 words

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Kaarlo Kekkonen’s teenage years were all about rebellion. He turned his attention away from hockey far more than his father Kari would have liked, and instead became drawn to the usual vices attracting people his age; girls, drink and drugs. Hockey became almost something of an afterthought and it seemed for some time as if the idea of becoming a pro hockey player was a pipe dream for the disinterested Kaarlo. It only hit home when he attended a careers fair at his school that the thought of not earning a living playing hockey as most of his family had was scary. From that evening on he was back at training with a new vigour, working harder than ever to make up for lost time. His stock as a prospect had hurt a little but over the next year he was staying late after practice, putting extra hours in wherever he could and really making every effort to step things up as a player. With the SMJHL Draft growing closer every day, Kaarlo was doing everything possible to make up for lost time.

Code:
182 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Skao Anazibf was a pretty quiet player in his youth as the SMJHL scouts started to take note of his play in Russia. There weren't a lot of spots in the upcoming draft for long reach players out of europe, and there were plenty of great young international players competing for spots there too. While Anazibf was pretty quiet and reserved off the ice, he had hoped his on ice play would stir the SMJHL scouting teams and GMs to take note of him and see him as a player worth taking a fly on. This had worked and he started to generate a lot of buzz closer to the draft, especially for his play in the Russian Men's league, playing with adults and players much bigger and stronger than him when he was only 16. Despite this he was still able to hold his own pretty well, and showed enough flash in his skillset to warrant being a top SMJHL prospect.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**