Create Account

S52 Championship Week

Code:
In my alternate reality there is only one true outcome and that is one in which the Edmonton Blizzard are the eventual champions and that is because guess what, it is my reality and no one else’s.

On their way to their second challenge cup appearance in as many seasons they beat their long time rival the New Orleans Specters, as well as the Connor Tanners biggest support and longest rival, his brother Jack Tanner, before eventually coming against the Hamilton Steelhawks as they exact revenge against the team who eliminated them during the fifty first season of the SHL.

The main reason this would be the new reality is because I am the decider of my own fate, meaning that I choose who wins and who loses, and I want to win and be known as a winner, that is why in my very own reality I will be the lone victor at the end of the day.

Code:
It is very hard for me to call Luke new to management when he has been with the Whalers for so long before finally accepting a position with the Manhattan Rage, he is a very analytical mind and for that reason alone I truly believe Manhattan had the edge in this series.

Depth always has and always will be what wins you a challenge cup in the SimonT Hockey Sim era, if it wasn’t key then we would have seen teams like the Nova Watson Skillstedt death line or the York led North Stars in a lot more challenge cups than they were in, that alone is why I lean Rage.

If any Edmonton player says anything other than Edmonton as the logo and branding they prefer to the Rage and the Pride I will be awfully disappointed in them. The colour combination of the royal and teal blues with the golden yellow outer layers lends a beautiful cohersion of colours, bar none Edmonton has a top 3 branding in the league.

My favourite player name on either team is Jack Tanner, a very simple name that has a lot of meaning to me, the brother of my first player Connor.

I know you told me to select a name that I loved because of the name but the sentimental value attached to the tanner name is undeniable.

I think I would have to take the Grape buffet with Grapehead.

Him and I have known each other a long time in the league as he was my first manager in juniors. I think it would be fun to spend an entire evening with him just enjoying crisp grapes. How could anyone say otherwise.

Code:
I think Peter Larson is bound to start taking home a lot of accolades in a relatively shallow goalie pool. With an incredibly talented team in front of him Larson looks to take the step forward as a young goaltender in the league similar to how Jordan Binnington stepped up for the St Louis Blues on their way to a Stanley cup series win over the Boston Bruins. I believe the Challenge Cup victory is going to lead into several accolades for the youngster such as Honcho and McBride nominations if not victories. I truly believe Larson is going to be one of the next great goaltenders.

Code:
You could have argued that Peter Larson deserved the most valuable player award for the playoffs now that he has led the team to the challenge cup and won it I do not think anyone in the world could argue that he does not deserve it. I do not even know if there is a player that could even come close to taking the award away from him. He was a one man team out there some guys, absolutely willing his team to wins in the finals. Multiple shutouts and an otherworldly save percentage have me feeling like the award has already been given and now it is just time for formalities.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 01:59 AM by Boomcheck.)

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S52 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

In this reality CC2 and the Syndicate were eliminated BUT IN THIS ALTERNATE TIMELINE? Chicago get past Manhattan by beating them in game 7 as the coach decides to not put Carter on the bottom two lines and matches him head to head with the best to maximize the offense. We push over Buffalo and run them over from CC2's ridiculous physicality. Very few players can keep up with his 3 dimensional game and even Marius played terribly this run of a season and would have been terrorized by the Jodan of the SHL. Chicago then gets to the finals and fight a long hard battle through seven games which results in CC2 lifting the cup second after the captain and being awarded the Razov trophy for his exemplary play in the post-season, this results in his jersey being retired and the only active player to be inducted into the HOF because of his dominant performance.

Code:
156 Words

3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
By now, you're probably familiar with the attributes on FHM, and you likely have some sense of what type of build you're going to be aiming for with your player. What one attribute are you going to focus on most? Of all the attributes in the game, what is your player going to strive to be the absolute best at? Why are you picking that specific attribute above all others?

There are a variety of different options I have looked at and honestly? No clue. I want to make a player that I think of when CC2 comes to mind, not some min-maxing fiend like I see a bunch of these guys doing to twist the system. My full intention is to have a player that I can be proud of. Obviously physical peak performance would be interesting since I have always had CC2 be fast so he will maintain some of that, but I will knock him down a little due to older age so legs will be the first to go. I have to maintain his physicality, even though this will cost me any chance at the Dar. I need to keep my shot so that will be important, being able to actually score goals.

Code:
137 Words

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!

CC2 is set to test free agency via player option but other than that, no clue. I would like to return to Chicago but I have to think about all these decisions I make as they may impact how I move in this new FHM world. My build is out for testing and will be released soon but there is a lot of unknown and uncertainty. I want to do well and succeed, but there will likely be changes to the Dar trophy and I may not be eligible any longer since my physicality will not amount to anything? I see a lot of these min-max builds and overall I am pretty concerned. CC2 is out here living his best live getting Dar Noms and all star discussions, people might even consider him MVP level but I fear the following season that may not be the case. Hitting regression means I need to be tentimes better and putting my best foot forward for training will help.
Code:
166 Words

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Rage or the Pride would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

Luke Thomason is the pretty straightforward answer here given that he has hit his stride to end STHS and with our move to FHM? Very few players will honestly stand in his way. He will win the best two way player in the league award since it will devolve into a situation where some weak, frail finesse player will get the nod due to takeaways and protecting the puck. With that one unfortunate thought out of the way I think Luke will have a good chance for the scoring title as well? He will be n the toughest division in hockey, and that is a problem in itself, but I expect him to feast on the rest and wreck them en route on a Mexico trophy. He will be the best player on the best team if all things work out.

Code:
140 Words

AFFILIATE PBE PT

-----> RIGHT HERE <-----

17. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)

SENT

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 09:48 PM by O4L.)

Code:
By now, you're probably familiar with the attributes on FHM, and you likely have some sense of what type of build you're going to be aiming for with your player. What one attribute are you going to focus on most? Of all the attributes in the game, what is your player going to strive to be the absolute best at? Why are you picking that specific attribute above all others?

I plan on making my player "Parker Smeb" the very best enforcer the league has ever seen. STHS enforcer legends like Steven Jalopski and Joey Langdon will be weeping tears when I drop the gloves 45 times per season and win all 45. I plan on fighting Chico Smeb 30 times since he's had it coming his entire SHL career. Since the Syndicate GM also specializes in fixing brain injuries I have no worries about the CTE I will deal with later in life. No pain no game is what the Smeb family says. I also plan on focusing on screening because you always want your 3rd pairing d-man to be able to screen the goalie.

Code:
Which player from the Rage or the Pride would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I would choose Barrett McCarthy on the Manhattan Rage. I'm a big believer in having two-way defensemen that can do it all and that's why Parker Smeb led the league in +/- last season, the hardest thing to lead the league in. Barrett McCarthy was within 10 +/- of Parker Smeb which makes me thinks he's on the right track. I think there is real potential for McCarthy to win the Scott Stevens award at some point in his career, he's already one of the best passing defencemen in the league and if he can pot a few more goals he'll have no problem leading all defenders in points in a season.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
The SHL is taking a stand and trying to do its part in reducing its carbon footprint. One of the proposed ideas is to eliminate back and forth air travel during the Challenge Cup and Four Star Cup finals and instead hold all 4-7 games in one neutral, rotating location a la the Super Bowl. Are you FOR or AGAINST this idea? Why?

FOR.First off it gives more places a chance to host games. Plus it would allow us to host the finals in Europe or Asia or somewhere that is actually more interesting than playing every single game ever in NA. I really don't understand why we don't have a team or two in Europe, it literally makes no sense for a fake sim hockey league to only have teams based in North America, especially when our user contingent has so many Europeans. The SHL has been around for like 60 seasons and we have still never had a Europe based SHL team. Moving the finals around would at least allow us to do that.

Code:
14. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
1. Head GMs JayWhy and Grapehead have been GMing for a while, whereas Co GMs Luketd and DaftRaincloud are newer to management - which team's front office staff (including coaches) do you think will provide a strategic edge (lol as if such a thing exists in STHS) in this series?
2. Manhattan has been rocking a pretty evenly-distributed ice time for forwards (35-33-32) whereas San Francisco is going a bit more top-heavy (40-40-15). Which approach do you think is better for a fierce Challenge Cup series?
3. The Rage and the Pride have, in my opinion at least, two of the best logos in the entire SHL. Which team's logo do you like more and why?
4. What is your favorite player name on either of these two teams and why? (not favorite player/user, just focusing on their player name)
5. Would you rather: (a) a chainsaw lesson with JayWhy, (b) a private Gritty meet-and-greet for you and Luke, (c) an all-you-can-eat grape buffet experience with Grapehead, or (d) an hour session where DaftRaincloud shows you everything from his internet history?

1. The Rage easily has the advantage since they have JayWhy as their GM. He like triples everyone else in SHL experience and was also a long-time simmer replacing the infamous JACK CROSS. As random as SHL can be I'd much rather have the GM with more SHL experience and multiple cups under his belt than the less experience team.

2. In a long series like the CHALLENGE CUP FINALS you need to take into account how much ice-time your top players have played. I would much rather have a team with depth than a team that only has 1 good line and needs to triple shift them to score goals. Triple shifting their players have helped the Pride get to this point but I think it will hurt them in this series against a well rested RAGE team.

3. Personally, I'm not a fan of either logo. The Rage logo looks like a very malnourished and possibly inbred Lion and the Manhattan logo is a literal RED BULL, meaning if he ever sees a mirror he will commit seppuku. If I had to pick a logo between the two I would pick the Rage, I have more nostalgia for the rage as a team and they used to have a polar bear that was holding Manhattan between his paws which is a top 3 logo in SHL history.

4. BACKDOOR BARNACLE is easily the greatest name in this series and one of the best names in SHL history. You can take this name so many ways, is it about SPONGEBOB? Is it about a BARNACLE stuck in someone's rectum? Is it just a regular name? Who knows but I drafted this guy precisely for this legendary name and now he has a cup. Look how smart I look.

5. I don't really want any of these things but JayWhy is old school and my teammate for one season when I traded myself to the Blizzard so I'd probably want him to teach me how to use a chain saw. Gritty would probably be my second pick since being alone in a room with him gives me a good chance at getting rich from a lawsuit.

Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

I'm going to go with goaltender Peter Larson for series MVP, he had an absolutely insane playoff run and a fantastic finals performance and was the main reason the Rage were able to beat the Pride in this series. In the first 5 games of the series Larson held the Pride to 2 or less goals in every single game for a total of 9 goals allowed in the first 5 games of the series while also managing to shut-out the Pride in one of those games. The final game was a bit closer but even in a higher scoring 6-4 game he was able to show he can play in any environment and was able to carry the Rage to the win. If the Rage had a lesser goalie in this series then they don't win so Larson deserves it.

Code:
17. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)

PM'd

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Task 1. 3 TPE
In an alternate reality there's only one team that makes the finals, and they have to play themselves. Which is pretty hard task considering the league constantly makes trades that gives them a shit tonne of edges.
It's the Buffalo Stampede vs the Buffalo stampede, As game 7 approaches after the 6 first games went to 10x over times. Hippo Passamuss squares off with Hippo Passamuss for the puck drop in the first period. Immediately Poopity Scoop lays him out, on his ass he can se a line brawl starting when Poopity Scoop punches Poopity Scoop.

The referee is super confused as they are both home teams and sporting the same home jersey, who instigated what? The crowd roars as their favorite player are beating up their favorite player, this alternate reality is really fucked up as you might notice.
For those watching from home the announcers yell out in hysteria. another 13 periods is played after that event and eventually Buffalo Stampede lifts the cup, for the 52nd time in SHL history.

Task 3. 2 TPE
When constructing a build for Hippo Passamus team need goes above all. Individual awards and records is great and all but Hippo will always be a team player first. So the first analysis was, what will Hippo's team mates roles look like, in which areas are we weak and where can Hippo fit. It's no surprise that one of the weaker areas for Buffalo is the goal tending. In STSH one could pass as a goalie at 700 TPE. Not so much now.
That is why Hippo is going to be a really strong two way forward with defense focus. I'm going to make sure Doyle and Robinson doesn't get shots coming their way.

Task 4. 3 TPE
Hippo Passamuss are thinking about the future, now being an old man he's gained perspective. His entire persona is no longer revolving around ice hockey and making money. It's time to lay the foundation for his legacy after SHL and Buffalo Stampede.
It's been something he's contemplated for a long while, what will he really be remembered by, and who will carry on the torch in Buffalo? Not just the upcoming seasons but in the future. Hippo will likely remain in the Buffalo roster for a long while but he wants to have an heir ready for when he retires.
That's why he's plan for the entire summer is to lay with as many ladies as possible in the bowling with hoes establishment.
If he can knock up at least 100+ ladies during the summer one ought to have a kid that's a athletic freak and good with a stick.
It's the summer of no rubbers.

Task 6. 2 TPE
I am for reducing the carbon footprint. Not because Hippo particularly care. But because both Pride and Rage are boring ass franchises with no recent relevancy. It's a fluke they made it to where they are today but they generate little to no interest.
Therefor there's a new location for the finals where there's a truly spectacular crowd.
ALL of the finals games will be hosted in the Buffalo Stampede home arena. To make things even better, Buffalo and Hamilton will play each other during the period pauses. The crowd will absolutely love it and the Pride and Rage player will play in front of a respectable crowd

Task 14.1 1 TPE
I know little to nothing about Pride, I've never interacted with either of the GM's on the team.
JayWhy I've spoken to, although be it a long time ago, but Luke and I are from the same draft class and old friends. It's therefor my opinion that the Rage has the upper han as the people I know surely knows better then others.

Task 14.2 1 TPE
It's common knowledge by now that getting an all scorer line as MUCH as possible is the best possible strategy. 35-33-32 with the third line being the most stacked line is going to win games, it's a boring strategy but it works. I think everyone is going to be happy that we are moving to more diverse options

Task 14.3 1 TPE
I don't like most logos in the SHL, why you might ask? I'm a bitter old man of course. No the logos I like the best are ones that doesn't include a mascot. It's a plague in the real life SHL as well as in this SHL. Maybe peek a look at the European soccer logos for some inspiration. (Buffalo's logo is still the best out there. thanks brandon)

Task 17. 3 TPE

PM'd

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 11:54 AM by Baelor Swift.)

Code:
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S52 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?
In the other reality which is the real life one and not this fake type of reality the simulation hockey league is using it is a different playoff result from when the Manhattan Rage won the Challenge Cup! Believe it or not, here, things turned out differently. It was a shadowy night in the series of the Rage and the Buffalo Stampede with the Stampede laying it all on the line for a pivotal game six against the Manhattan Rage. It was good old Cedric Robinson in net for the Stampede, a long time player for the team who has been pretty good for them but is getting to be aged now after the playoffs due to the regression scheme of the league. He grits his teeth so he can be ready for shutout time in the Eastern Conference Finals here. The Stampede members like Poopity Scoop and Charles Walker and Hippo Passamus and ready to go also, ready to beat their rivals on the other side of the rink but also from the same state in the United States - New York! But in this reality, the Stampede came out hungry, eating their way through the Rage and scoring goals like nobody's business! It was a wild game but the Rage couldn't contain the Stampede and the Stampede won 9-0 to make it to the Challenge Cup Finals!

Code:
I would choose a player from the Manhattan Rage, the player called Luke Thomason. He is a very good player with so many TPEs that I really think that, especially with the switch to FHM, he can take home quite a bit of individual hardware if he just fights regression a little bit. You know for those max earners, regression isn't an instant death sentence but rather a slower decline and Luke here can take advantage of this by becoming an elite forward. He could probably win a really good award like the Jeff Dar Trophy or even the Ron Mexico Trophy as the league MVP because he just has so much raw talent there and can lead a team with his skill. He is a hardworker and talented and i think those together can really bring a trophy home for the veteran forward.

Code:
The SHL is taking a stand and trying to do its part in reducing its carbon footprint. One of the proposed ideas is to eliminate back and forth air travel during the Challenge Cup and Four Star Cup finals and instead hold all 4-7 games in one neutral, rotating location a la the Super Bowl. Are you FOR or AGAINST this idea? Why?
You know, this is a very good idea that could bring about a revolution among our professional sports people. We could even extend this beyond just the finals but do it for all games! We would run the league like the pickup hockey leagues at your local ice arena where the games are back to back to back and we just have one arena for all SHL games! But we would go further than this - we would have no physical fans in attendance - it would all be virtual! We would have SHL game centers around the world where people will pay to put on a virtual reality mask and see the game from there using our high technology cameras and it would be live too! And then their noise would then be delivered to all of the virtual reality fans and also played in the stadium! The fans would also be displayed as holograms at the rink to ensure the players can still feel the fandom around. It would save a lot of fossil fuels.

Code:
7. Written, 1-2 TPE
Our poetry theme this season is a limerick! Write 1 SHL-themed limerick for 1 TPE or 2 SHL-themed limericks for 2 TPE.
There once was a man, with the name Lee
He was a GM of a team called Stampede
But he didn't do well
His rule, it fell
And the cause of this was mutiny

Code:
14. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
1. Head GMs JayWhy and Grapehead have been GMing for a while, whereas Co GMs Luketd and DaftRaincloud are newer to management - which team's front office staff (including coaches) do you think will provide a strategic edge (lol as if such a thing exists in STHS) in this series?
2. Manhattan has been rocking a pretty evenly-distributed ice time for forwards (35-33-32) whereas San Francisco is going a bit more top-heavy (40-40-15). Which approach do you think is better for a fierce Challenge Cup series?
3. The Rage and the Pride have, in my opinion at least, two of the best logos in the entire SHL. Which team's logo do you like more and why?
4. What is your favorite player name on either of these two teams and why? (not favorite player/user, just focusing on their player name)
5. Would you rather: (a) a chainsaw lesson with JayWhy, (b) a private Gritty meet-and-greet for you and Luke, (c) an all-you-can-eat grape buffet experience with Grapehead, or (d) an hour session where DaftRaincloud shows you everything from his internet history?
1. The Manhattan Rage duo of JayWhy and luketd should have the advantage because they didn't have a team that literally shit the bed last season like the Pride did. I know it is Simon T Hockey Simulator but a performance that bad is not sim randomness - it is just bad strategies, honestly. If they can really sit there and let their team be that bad, the Rage should come out on top because they have been much more consistent, meaning they can at least avoid horrible strategies.

2. I will say the evenly distributed time is better, if you have the personnel to pull it off, of course. If you have the players to make it work, it is a great strategy for a few reasons. First, players get less tired which may have a smallish effect but the effect is definitely still there, especially in playoff hockey. But also, it allows you to mix up matchups a bit more and avoid being tightly bound to bad matchups and even better be able to counter the other team's strategies.

Code:
A. As determined by draft class, which rostered player is the oldest player in this series?
B. Name TWO players who have played for both the Pride and the Rage.
C. Among ACTIVE PLAYERS, who has the most points scored in Pride franchise history?
D. Who was recently selected as the #1 player in Rage franchise history as part of their Top 50 in 50 series unveiled this season?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S52 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.
PM Sent

Code:
[align=center][size=small]One (1) welfare claim from either [/size][size=small]PBE[/size][size=small] or the [/size][size=small]NSFL[/size][size=small] will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*[/size][/align]
PBE Affiliate Claim +3

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Code:

Everything is the same but playoffs are different? Why do you constrain me in such a manner? But I suppose I’ll play along. This universe had the great Texas Renegades lift the cup. The big difference? S52 in this universe is 5 seasons ahead of the SHL. With the extremely deep prospect pool, changes to FHM, and some smart GM decisions (I see you Dan!) Texas is a very well performing team. While regression is always a hurdle for those that are aging, but the massive amount of TPE being gained by those senior members are keeping regression at bay and the cup will be coming to Texas to start a long stint of time in the great state. The cup shall be recreated in Texas size and as a matter of fact, I think we’ll dedicate a ranch to it and charge admission so the other teams can come see what it looks like.

(155 words)

3/16

Code:

I’m very excited for the additional attribute options available in FHM. In STHS I always wanted to create a pass-first playmaker and I think that FHM is going to make that so much better. I struggle to pick a single attribute to say I’ll focus on the most, but excited to factor in things like offensive and defensive read vs just using a generic defensive attribute that covers about 10 different things. My goal is to fit the teams needs as much as possible so going to mix in a fair amount of defensive attributes as well to make the player a bit of a 2-way guy. As a center clearly I’ll invest into faceoffs and speed will be a big one but I’ll be sure to mix in a fair amount of agility and try to work out a pretty well rounded center. As I get further along in TPE I’m sure I’ll pick up some of my scoring game, but that’s not a priority at this point.

(169 words)

5/16

Code:
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!

Training training training. With the move up from the SMJHL to the SHL and Texas using a completely new coaching system Ivan will be hitting the gym and the ice extremely hard to have a great rookie season. As the rules and approach to the game are changing for the upcoming season I think it’s anyone’s game and just putting in a lot of time and practice will pay dividends. My rookie class is shaping up to be quite heavy so it’ll take a substantial amount of effort to show at the top of that class, but I’m in to win so I will do what is necessary to make that happen.

That being said – so far it’s been a big party over in Anaheim. I stayed with the team a season longer than I should have (according to some) with the hope that we’d lift that cup. It was a bit of a slog and we had our share of ups and downs, but at the end of the season we won the last game and that’s what matters. I’ll miss these guys but I’m pumped for the bigs.

(190 words)

8/16

Code:

Hard against. This is a terrible idea for sports that have a “Best Of” series. This can work for things like the Super Bowl where it’s over and done with in a single day, but this would gut attendance over the course of 7 games. As much as I love to watch my favorite teams play and went out of my way to go to a finals game there is no way I could do this for a week or more. You want to have both teams get a shot at home ice and utilize their fanbase to their advantage and this would ruin that. If it aint broke please don’t fix it.

(113 words)

10/16

Code:

Well hindsight does allow me to answer this with much more certainty but ahead of this I was pulling for San Francisco when considering the front office staff. While STHS does like to shit on any strats you have, JayWhy and Grapehead have a ton of combined experience. That being said – Luketd is a crazy analytics guy so I wouldn’t be surprised if he worked out some crazy formula to exploit any hole he found in SFP.

(77 words)

11/16

Code:

My experience in test sims have shown that the evenly distributed time works out in your favor more. Assuming your top 3 lines aren’t heavily unbalanced this allows for players to get some rest and not be quite as tired. As those top lines are generally on the PP things can really get tough if they start pulling a ton of ice time. Even out the lines a bit and put some fresh legs on the ice.

(77 words)

12/16

Code:

They say you can learn a lot about a woman by the contents of her purse and I’m positive I can learn a ton about DaftRainCloud from his internet history. I’ll admit that I went through his posts on the site to try to get an idea of what I’d be getting into but DRC is pretty tame on the site. Some obligatory comments here and there, regular role-playing PTs, and a few non offensive questions here and there. What’s your secret DaftRainCloud? I know you have something hiding there… I shall see.

(93 words)

13/16

Code:
A. As determined by draft class, which rostered player is the oldest player in this series?
C. Among ACTIVE PLAYERS, who has the most points scored in Pride franchise history?
D. Who was recently selected as the #1 player in Rage franchise history as part of their Top 50 in 50 series unveiled this season?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S52 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

SENT!

16/16

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 04:35 PM by UrsinZ.)

Quote:17. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We are in the alternate universe 123-420-69 the season in the shl took a special turn, simon decided to make the season really weird. The Toronto North Stars finished the season with 50 wins and 0 losses and the Minnesota Chiefs also finished with a 50 win and 0 loss season. How is that even possible you may think? Well no one new except the great simon. He decided to give them no match up becuase he wanted to save that battle for the finals. And boy was this final worth the wait. In the first game there were 60 fights, every minute one fight started. Resulting in glorious 240 penalty minutes. Due to the shortage of players the coaches and the gm's had to take place in the game. Resulting in a 42-42 after 3 periods resulting in overtime. Simon then decided that this game will be the last game so the winner will be the cup winner. After 6 ot periods the north stars scored the deciding goal scored by carpy from his goal with an insane slap shot.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Ursin Zimmermann has some plans which are every year the same and some that are different. At first he will go on vaccation with Daniel Kuster like every year. What's special about the vaccation this year is that the whole swiss national team will join them. They wanna go on a team bonding vaccation togheter. Ursin is organising the trip. He wants to go to norway with the boys to fish with them and do some canoing. Besides this they want to hit the ice once or twice all two days to not get out of shape. When the team vaccation is finished Ursin will go on vaccation with his girlfriend for some days. Or better said have some spa days with her to relax and heal up his sore body. He also got a nice book to keep him entertained during his resting time in the spa. Ursin got hooked on the witcher show on netflix and now wants to read all the witcher books because of it.

Quote:9. Graphic, 3 TPE
[Image: Seger.jpg]

Quote:10. Graphic, 2 TPE
[Image: ThankYouCard.png]

Quote:6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
I am for that idea. Especialy the one with the less flying. We are going to leave a pretty smaler carbon footprint on earth if we reduce the flying. Also the players wont have to adapt to timezone changes all the time! What's not that great is the fact that a lot fans will fly out to the stadium what will leave a bigger carbon footprint on the earth then us less flying. But making the game free on tv could help lower that amount of people. But overall i like the idea of going a greener way with the shl and the smjhl. Just shows that we are a great league and care for our environement!

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

Code:
In the other reality San Francisco and Manhattan both had bad luck and got knocked out early. Both of them simply had their goalies not do very well at all and they really struggled with multiple games having over six goals scored against them. San Francisco had 10 goals scored against them in one of the more embarrassing games. SO due to their defense lapse it was Hamilton who were looking like they were going to win the Cup again destroying everyone who came across their path. As the Steelhawks were making easy work of the league the Edmonton Blizzard were casually rising in the the other conference. The Blizzard were winning games just by a little bit but they got things done when it counted and they did just enough. The conference finals took 7 games for the Blizzard and only 5 for Hamilton but it still would be sure to be a fine matchup.
Code:
I will focus on passing the most because I want to be a great playmaker. I finally can be a guy that focuses on passing and assists, and I can build my player how I want to. I'm picking that attribute because obviously it is the most important one for a playmaker. I want to be the guy who can amaze people with crazy passes and set up great plays. This is the perfect time to go for it and to watch my plan hopefully turn out the way I want it to. I'm going to be the best passer this league has ever seen.
Code:
Henrik Lundqvist Jr. will be training for his last season in the juniors. He will be spending time with his teammates and saying his good byes early, he knows that his last season will fly by. He will be preparing himself to go up to West Kendall and he will probably do some media about getting traded from Texas. He just signed a major extension so maybe he will buy some equipment with all the money he just brought in, it should help him a lot. Hopefully there will be a short rest from PTs so he can relax a bit in the offseason but it has been very busy with the switch so far so he does not see that changing. He will be trying to be more involved and to make sure that he does not miss any of the little PTs this year, and he hopes that his new team will help him to be more motivated to do stuff.
Code:
7. Written, 1-2 TPE
Our poetry theme this season is a limerick! Write 1 SHL-themed limerick for 1 TPE or 2 SHL-themed limericks for 2 TPE.
First Limerick
I was traded to the Platoon,
At a time barely past noon,
It was like any other day,
When I found out I was going away,
I'll be with them soon.
Second Limerick
The Rage won the Cup,
When they lifted it up,
They smiled with pride,
Filled with joy inside,
They had won the matchup.
Code:
3. I like the Pride more because like a Lion is wild and strong. It is a fierce predator and a hunter. It is also really pretty and looks very good on a jersey. The colors are also very soft with the tans and it works with pretty much any color you put as secondary with it. I think that is really is well designed and gets the vote as my favorite.
Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
The goalie for Manhattan definitely deserves to be an option but I would say to give it to Barret McCarthy. He had such a great series as a defender and he put up a lot of points showing that he has offense and power. He also was great on defense and having a strong defense in front of you makes it easier for a goalie to do their job. He was really a leader and he did everything right. I think he is a big reason why they won because it is defense that wins championships. The fact that he brought offense too just makes it easier.

[Image: oie_floaties.gif]

Ah, what could have been for the Chicago Syndicate. They had the series against Manhattan in hand after falling behind one game to nothing. They stormed back with 3 straight convincing wins and looked to close out the series in game 5. Game 5 was a closely contested battle that took an extra period to decide. After all was said and done, what could have been Chicago clinching the series in 5 games in overtime turned into a complete momentum change in the series. After losing 3 straight, Manhattan won three straight of their own to clinch the series in seven games and send Chicago home with their hopes and dreams of the cup dashed. It an alternate universe, Chicago closes out game 5 in overtime and goes on to beat Buffalo and San Francisco similarly to how Manhattan did it here. Being a part of Chicago, it was extremely disappointing and we look to make that alternate reality this reality next season.

I’m actually doing a complete one eighty compared to my SHL build which was more about finesse. My FHM build I want to lean heavily on the physical aspects of the game. Checking being foremost in my mind. I’d like to get that pretty high. Very high checking coupled with high physical attributes such as speed, agility, balance, and acceleration will hopefully yield some good results in terms on, maybe not scoring a lot, but being able to force turnovers and really drive play down low. It’s anyone’s guess as to how the whole FHM switch will shake out, but this is my game plan. I’m coming for that Dar (if we still count hits in that vote, that is).

After a long season and a disappointing exit in the playoffs, Nick Connolly is looking forward to relaxing with his teammates and just healing up from the overall wear and tear of the past season. You could find Connolly on a beach somewhere with multiple drinks surrounding him trying to forget about Chicago’s collapse in the playoffs. Perhaps even on some hard drugs. Really anything to cope. After his sulking period he’ll resume more normal hockey activities. He’s working on his checking game and will look to be more of a physical presence on the ice next season. Long gym sessions and eating more and more will go a long way to helping him accomplish this goal. He’s always relied on his skating and more of a finesse style of play, but he’s looking to change that up so this offseason will be busy. After his few week bender to forget his pain, of course.

Ha, like Simon has any predictability whatsoever. I’d probably take the experience that JayWhy and Graphead have over a newer management team such as Luketd and DaftRaincloud. They’ve definitely been through many seasons and that experience becomes invaluable when in certain situations like these. I wouldn’t count Luke and Daft out though, as anything can happen.

I think it all boils down to how deep each team is respectively. Obviously, if your team is full of capable players at the pro level, running an evenly distributed ice time strategy would be optimal. This would lead to fresher legs for your top line players and less burnout towards the end of the game should things be close.

I really am a fan of the San Francisco Pride’s logo. I think it’s super well done. It’s very clean for a pretty generic mascot (a lion) and I love the colorway. It’s one you don’t see super often, but when done right it is probably one of my favorite color pairings.

Some pretty tame names in here compared to other teams. One that immediately sticks out is Backdoor Barnacle. I have no idea what this means but it interests me. I’m curious to know more. Is it a sex move I’ve never heard of? If not it certainly sounds like one. I also like Vince Reaper. Reaper is just an A+ last name.

5. Would you rather: (a) a chainsaw lesson with JayWhy, (b) a private Gritty meet-and-greet for you and Luke, © an all-you-can-eat grape buffet experience with Grapehead, or (d) an hour session where DaftRaincloud shows you everything from his internet history?

Huh, interesting choices. I hate the Flyers so Gritty will be a pass. Grapes aren’t my favorite so pass. Last two remaining are Raincloud’s internet history and Jaywhy’s chainsaw lesson. As fun as going through a stranger’s internet history may be, I’d probably go practical with the chain saw lesson. At least I could use that in a situation if it ever came up and I needed to cut a tree down.

Sent.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 03:12 PM by Kylrad.)

My favorite seasonally championship week task where i basically write the same thing over and over with slight variations. In this alternate reality Chicago did not blow a series lead on the Manhattan Rage again and beat them in 7 instead of losing again in 7 for back to back years. Then obviously based on transitive properties since Manhattan beat everyone else in less than 7 to win the cup Chicago would've easily done the same, perhaps like in all my other realities they also faced the New Orleans Specters in this finals too for a fun expansion bowl.and beat them in 7 as usual in these realities. I guess the one difference in this reality compared to my usual pt realities is I don't need to say Cain actually played good for New Orleans in net this time since he actually did play good in the real reality even though it wasn't enough.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
You're put in charge of making the casino odds on the Cup winner for next season. Whom are you giving the best and the worst odds to, and what's your reasoning?

If I was making the casino odds for the cup winner next season I would by far give the best odds to Buffalo for winning the cup. Compared to STHS stacked higher tpe teams seem to be even more favored. Buffalo easily ticks off this box all throughout their lineup despite having several regressing players the amount of young players hitting their prime they also have makes up for this. The only real weak point they could have in their lineup is goalie. For the worst odds to win the cup in the casino I would give them to Toronto. I'm sure by now several people have heard about the fabled 0-50 Toronto FHM test sims. While i dont think Toronto will be going 0-50 as they are improving each season and those tests are with unoptimized builds going 0-50 in tests is still quite impressive and their low tpe should hurt them in the new FHM era.

While neither can compare to the likes of Aaronwilson i'd give the strategic edge to Manhattan and their trio of JayWhy Luke and Alaska. The three of them have more history of success but more importantly  also come from the eastern conference which is far ahead of the boomers in the west.

It really depends on which players are on which lines, as seen by multiple teams like Hamilton, Buffalo, Manhattan and Chicago where sometimes talent is more spread out throughout the lineup in particular with top scorers on the 3rd line the ice time and idea of traditional 1st 2nd and 3rd lines becomes a bit more misleading, so both approaches could be good.

I don't think i'd rate either logo among my favorites in the league but both are still quite good. If I had to pick one I think i actually like the Pride logo  better for no real reason as its pretty close but i prefer the Rage name and colors.

Ben McBen of the San Francisco Pride is easily my favorite player name between these two names, just seems like a great classic catchy name and one that you can easily yell when they make a big play. The use of the double Ben is exquisite and the Mc prior to the Ben makes it even better

5. Would you rather: (a) a chainsaw lesson with JayWhy, (b) a private Gritty meet-and-greet for you and Luke, © an all-you-can-eat grape buffet experience with Grapehead, or (d) an hour session where DaftRaincloud shows you everything from his internet history?

A chainsaw lesson with JayWhy and its not even close. I can only imagine the various techniques JayWhy has mastered with the chainsaw and learning them all from him would be such a treat. Perhaps we can even get Meow to come along for a guest visit for a special lesson on certain chainsaw techniques.

If I had to bet on a player to win a regular season individual award in a future season i'd bet on Luke Thomason. With the switch to FHM it's likely higher tpe players perform more like they should and even with him entering regression Luke will be one of the top players in the league TPE wise. The awards he could win could be any of the Karpostov, Khan, Mexico or even Dar with the new stats, builds and abilities in FHM. The only thing that could potentially hold him back is if Manhattan having so many top players steal points from each other.

pmed

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

My player will strive to be the absolut best in 2 attributes actually. One will be shooting accuracy so that Alexander Selich can finally brake the 20 goals mark and the other will be offensive Read because an offensive powerhouse of a player needs to be able to read the defense well in order to make the correct hockey play that leads to a high scoring chance for his own team. Alex Selich will be also quite a good skater which means what it says good but not quite great. He should still be in the upper echelon of SHL players in terms of his overall physical or rather skating skills.

Alex is going back to Germany to see his family and training with his older brother the already retired Eduard Selich. This time to offseason will be quite challenging though with the recent Coronavirus outbreak so he doesn't actually know if he will be allowed to reenter the United States after having been in Germany. If there is actually a travel ban this problem could impose quite the challenge for the SHL as a whole since there are a ton of European born players that like to travel back to their homecountries after a long SHL season and IIHF play. Alex will also work on his game and become less of a Two-way forward but more of a Counterattacking Forward that tries to create a rush after his team received a turnover. He also practiced his shooting accuracy quite a bit to be able to become a better perimeter shooter.

I am for this idea. Reducing the carbon footprint is quite the great thing to do since our environmental impact is quite big. We also have the perfect place for a neutral site that quite near the center of all the existing SHL teams. We actually have multiple sites to be exact in which we could even hold the conference finals. For the west the stadium would be in Seattle and use the facilities of the Seattle Riot that since moved to Tampa Bay. In the east we have the Montreal stadium which was vacated by the now Kraken. As for the SHL finals we have another old Tampa Bay team with the Las Vegas Kings which would be slightly more inland than Seattle.

7. Written, 1-2 TPE
Limericks

There was a GM Daco his name
He did a thing and got some fame
Minny was punished
Daco vanished
and McZ left this lovely game

Personally think the strategic edge is almost non existent in STHS but I give it like a 10% credit which is enough to sway a series a certain way. My pick for that is the Rage management team. JY has been one of the longest members on the site and having plenty of experience in STHS. Be it as a simmer or SMJHL/SHL GM. Luke is also up there with his tenure as the Whalers GM and their Coach Alaska has been also a SMJHL GM who got deep into the playoffs with subpar Raptors teams.
Personally think the more balanced approached is usually better but ultimately it depends on the team you are facing and which weaknesses you can exploit of the opponent. Especially this season where you can potentially have an all scoring line on the 3rd line so I take the Manhattan Rage here.
Personally like the Pride logo more a tiny bit more because of the color scheme which is quite unique in the SHL and it is nice to see purple and gold represented. Design wise I am more of a Manhattan fan because the Bull does nicely represent their name and conveys a feeling of rage.
Definitely Ray Bork for me. I am personally someone whose favorite team is the Colorado Avalanche. So the name being similar to Ray Bourque ist quite nice. With knowing tweedle and his old draft streams we also always had the bork alam as an alarm for trades so the name is quite fitting, has a nice reference and is funny on top.
I'd prolly take the chainsaw lesson with JY because the internet history of Daft would just leave me scarred for life and wish I could lose my eyesight and blackout those memories. JY knows how to handle a chainsaw even the delicate so that some people might even be able to pleasure themselves with it.

Done

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 03:51 PM by charlieconway.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

In an alternate universe, things are mostly similar to this one. The same teams are involved in the playoffs, and the outcome looks set to play out the same.
Outside of hockey, though, coronavirus begins to propogate among populations on all continents much as it is in our world. Scientists work to prepare a vaccine.

They’re unsuccessful for a time… until, by chance, one of the subjects used in testing trials is a former SHLer with a remarkable constitution. Scientists are baffled… how can this man recover from illness and injury with such speed?

(Of course, us being on the outside looking in, we know that the reason is technical: SHLers have their Durability set to a static number with injuries turned off).

The Medical community starts to take notice. Pretty soon, the stands at the games are filled with medical professionals waiting to get a blood sample from the players on the ice and those eliminated players in the crowd just wanting to catch a game. People still care about who wins the games, but there’s a separate celebration taking place.
Humanity just might have found the key to revolutionizing the healthcare industry:

DU = Durability: 50 (do not add TPE here, injuries are turned off)

[207/150 words, +3 TPE]

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
You're put in charge of making the casino odds on the Cup winner for next season. Whom are you giving the best and the worst odds to, and what's your reasoning?

The best odds: the Hamilton Steelhawks. Not necessarily because their roster is strong, although that is certainly true. I give them the nod because I think the enterprising thinking that led to Scoring-gate in the STHS system is just as likely to produce a winning system in the FHM engine. There’s a culture of trying to win in any way possible there, and they have people in that dressing room with the patience and dedication to find whatever way possible to do so.

The worst odds: the Toronto North Stars. From what I can tell, FHM is much less forgiving when it comes to incomplete rosters than STHS was, and this is going to hurt a team like Toronto that’s currently stocking up on young players and prospects. They have huge gaps in their roster that are a few seasons from being reliably filled, and might have to go through some growing pains in the beginning of this new phase of SHL hockey. I’m confident though that they will eventually grow the team to be a cup contender in the not-so-distant future. ■

[182/150 words, +3 TPE]

Quote:3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Stamina.
I want Adam to play sixty minutes a game. I want the fans to get bored of seeing him on the ice. I’ve always valued workhorse players that can help tip the scales for large portions of the game, and what better way to do so than make sure you’re never in need of rest on the bench?
Of course, this requires that the other attributes are good as well, otherwise you’d be a detriment to your team and it’d make no sense to be on the ice, even if you aren’t out of breath. For that reason, I can’t exactly have Stamina 5 points ahead of the other relevant statistics. But I can at least make sure that it’s either the highest or tied for highest at all times. ■

[131/100 words, +2 TPE]

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

I’m going to pick a player from each team.

San Francisco: I think I could really see Bo Kane win the league MVP award in the future. NONAME seems to know what they’re doing when it comes to building a player; Kane was an accomplished player in junior, and is well suited to do big things for San Francisco in the future.

Manhattan: Phineas Gold, another young star forward in the making. Straight out of the superbly run Montreal/Carolina SMJHL organization, Phineas (and more importantly his user Z0REM) has what it takes to step up his game to the next level. Already a top earner in his draft class, I’m expecting Gold to rise the top of the league in a few seasons. ■

[123/100 words, +2 TPE]

Quote:6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

I'm for, but with a twist. I don't think it should be in any traditional hockey arena.
Here's what you do.
First, purchase an island offshore where modern laws do not apply. Make sure it has a dock so that the most die-hard fans can make it there and back to see the game in person.
Next, set up an ice rink. Here’s the kicker though: it’s on a swing system, so that the rink sways back and forth. It is suspended above the freezing ocean water, and there are no boards.
There are holes drilled into the ice, just big enough in circumference to fit a fully grown man through.
To avoid accidental deaths, make sure every player has a bungie cord attached to their back as a measure of safety. When the opposition scores a goal, the cord of one random member of the scored-on team gets detached. ■

[150/100 words, +2 TPE]

Quote:7. Written, 1-2 TPE

A new head chief with lack of discretion
and with merits I call into question.
How could this be?
He's less qualified than thee
And he hasn't even gone through regression!

[+1 TPE]

Quote:17. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)

PM Sent.

[+3 TPE]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

For Sasha Dangelchek, I think it’d be best to focus on both offensive read and defensive read. I think hockey IQ is an important aspect of the game, and with these two attributes, Dangelchek will be able to excel in that. Additionally, as a power forward, I want to build up his checking and “getting open” abilities. I think these go kind of hand-in-hand, as a good check can lead to getting open. Once a player is open, he can join the rush and add an offensive threat to the game. I think by focusing on these attributes, which benefit both the offensive and defensive sides of the game, Dangelchek can become the best player he can be. – 118 words

So, our boy Sasha has generally decided in offseasons past to take it a bit easy. In retrospect, at this point in his career, Dangelchek knows that he needs to add a little bit more to his arsenal. He’ll spend a quick few weeks at home in Czechia, catching up with family and friends. You know, doin’ his whole Czech thing. But then, as the offseason goes on, he really plans to step up his training game. Focusing on some new attributes in the FHM system has given Sasha a new lease on training. He plans to work out and try to get skating time at least 5 times a week. Working on all of the new aspects of the game will certainly give him a lot of new things to focus on, and he really wants to win that 4 Star Cup in Season 53 with St. Louis in his last season in the SMJHL. Mr. Dangelchek is going to work hard to make that a reality. – 168 words

I’m all for the idea of reducing the carbon footprint and saving the environment, but I am definitely against this idea. It would destroy any semblance of home-ice advantage in the playoffs, and we all know that the players love playing in front of their own fans. I always thought it was a bit weird that the Super Bowl was in a neutral location anyway, although I guess the popularity of the NFL kind of means they can play anywhere. I think the SHL would lose a major selling point and attraction for fans if they moved to a rotating, neutral location. – 102 words

14. Written, 4 TPE (50+ Words each)
2. Generally, I’d recommend a more even distribution of lines for effectiveness in any playoff series. But in terms of ferocity, I’d say that the San Francisco route is better. Who wouldn’t want to see the best players on the ice more often, bringing the heat down on their opponents? It might not be the most effective strategy in terms of player strength and stamina, but it definitely brings a fiercer atmosphere to the game. – 74 words

3. I’d prefer San Francisco’s logo because lions are badass. The gold and purple also work well, because the king of the jungle, am I right? The lion logo is also kind of classic looking. I think the use of the lion logo and the Pride team name is also super clever which is always a bonus. – 56 words

4. I like William Goose on Manhattan. Who was one of the best characters of any movie of the 1980s? Goose in Top Gun. What’s one of the most heartbreaking parts of any movie ever released? Goose’s death in Top Gun. Who was one of the best damn guys to ever fly in the backseat of an F-14 Tomcat? Goose in Top Gun. I rest my case. – 66 words

5. So, I would choose the all-you-can-eat grape buffet with Grapehead, almost exclusively on the probability of this buffet including wine and grape juice. I love both wine and grape juice, and I happen to know that they pair quite well with grapes themselves. I don’t know Grapehead personally, but if Grapehead likes wine and/or grape juice, I’m sure we’d get along swimmingly. – 62 words

7. Written, 2 TPE

New England is surely the best
They usually rise to the test
But alas! This season
For some odd reason
They failed in their ultimate quest.

We are saying goodbye to Simon
And I think it’s with really good timin’
Because simulation
With no vindication
Sure leaves a lot of teams whinin’.

17. 3 TPE

[Image: danglechek.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 04:12 PM by Off.)

1. In the alternate dimension that happens to coincide with our own, hockey is almost an entirely different sport. Instead of a hockey puck, a small pencil is used as the object that must be scored with. The goalies wear full-on armor plates as the velocity of the pencil being launched at the goalie is frequently lethal. Contact is not allowed it is expected. The warriors sacrifice parts of their body all the time as the lethal object they re-contesting for leads to fewer block shows and more often straight impalement of the recipient. Another change is that the players are all most completely naked, playing on the grass in the middle of the Yukon. One shudders to imagine what incendiary thoughts the players have during the utter bloodshed that the sport produces on a nightly basis. The game is played at night and under the aurora Borgias and the flash of the cannons in the distance.

2. The team in the running for most likely to win the cup going into a brand new season with new rules and new play styles has got to be the  Manhatten Rage. The Rage, coming off a Cup win, is likely in a really good spot to go on and do it again. With ey PLayers in basically the entirety of Czechia working together as a cohesive unit that can and has shown the ability to, come together and bully the rest of the league when it matters the most. The next up on the list is the Steelehawks and not because I like them. Afterward, the rest of the field can and should be a very competitive endeavor for anyone with a pulse and a functioning locker room. Even the bottom feeder teams should be able to make some noise and with the proper moves might be able to pull off an upset, So the spread for the teams winning the cup is not as far apart as some may come to expect it to be.

3. Bernik Vrzala is going from a stay at home defenseman with a very limited option of offensive choices and, most importantly is a Cup winner. In FHM, Vrzala wants to get back to the cup while he still can. His game is hopefully going to transition into a more well-rounded game, while still maintaining his defensive awareness. The game is ever-changing and the new players that are joining the league are already capable of giving an old-timer like Vrzala a run for his money. Vrzala hopes to stay on top of it and enjoy his time with the Dragons while he still can

4. Vrzala is going to have a great offseason. Seeing that his mate has won the cup in David Vent, he is looking to join in on some of the festivities and host a few of his own in honor of his friend winning the cup. Outside of that, Vrala is getting ready for the next season as he usually does. Take some time off to heal and recuperate both mentally and physically after another demanding offseason. The new rules are very interesting to Vrzala and he is going to have a few chats with some of the higher-ups to see what the future holds for the league. Vrzala has also slightly started considering his life after hockey. Skating and playing have really been a large part of his life, and the family business is politics, Vrzala has started to consider looking for a family and started wanting to potentially settle down, but that is an afterthought. Up next is the quest for a cup.

5. David Vent is one of the most influential players that the Rage has ever seen. Now the Rage the are not the team with the best team history in the league. However, there are still some names of relevance that David Vent has caught and surpassed on his way to becoming one of the greatest Defenseman the Rage have ever seen and a franchise player. The style of play that Vent has is capable of seeing him take control of a game, and then punch the shit out of the opposing players. His control of the puck, his demeanor on the ice and just his physical presence will bully the league into giving him an award

8. The next best product coming to you live available only in New York right in the home stadium of the Rage. The Radical Augment Geared Enrichment or R.A.G.E is on the way for the finals. This little beacon can be plugged into your phone and allows the brand new drone system in the stadium to come alive. You see, the suits have personal butlers, and that’s all well in good, however, there are still the other dozen thousand people that need to go to the bathrooms and vendors during the intermission. The new system will seamlessly utilize drones to deliver foodstuffs to the hungry mouths of fans during stoppages in play. Able to track to the beacon, the food can be told to deliver to the seat or to wherever you are in the arena. During the intermissions, a sponsored mothership drone will make a spectacle with the delivery system. You can even recall the drone after you are done to take your trash as to even help keep the arena cleaner

16/16

[Image: Off.gif]

In this alternate reality, everything went right for the Tampa Bay Barracuda. They won ALL of their games by a score of sixty nine to zero, leading the league in every category ever, including fights, won, point streaks, PIM, hits, goals, assists, amd all of them. The, they went on to the first round, defeating their opponents in a clean 4 game sweep with the score of four hundred twenty to zero each game, then in the second round they won their games in a 4 game clean sweep with the scores of four hundred eighty nine to zero, then continued getting better and better until they won the cup in a clean 4 game sweep by the combined score of one hundred fifteen thousand nine hundred twenty to zero. Benjamin Blue won all the trophies, and the rest of his team also did, resulting in a historic season in shl history, where Simon just Simoned every other fucking team.
----

Benjamin Blue will be the best fucking goalie that you have ever fucking seen in your lifetime. He will be the best at glove saves, high and low, blocker saves, high and low, stick saves, of course, high and low, pad saves, definitely high AND low, helmet saves, high and low, and everything else a goalie could ever do by focusing on two main attributes: positioning and reflexes. He will be the fucking best at everything ever possible for a goalie, he will get all the fucking assists ever, score a hat trick in every fucking game ever,m and will be the best ever in ever history.
----

I bet that if I choose a player from either the Rage or the pride to bet to win a regular season individual award in the future, it would be Peter Larson. He is a fantastic goalie and played extremely well during the cup finals, and during the playoffs overall. He is very goos and is still very young in his career, so he can only get better (I hope) and will definitely win an individual award in the regular season in the near future. I have full faith in him that he will. He is very good and can only get better.
----

7. Written, 1-2 TPE

1)
Blue wishes to win an award
He wants trophies to hoard
He will try his best
With all to contest
And he will win, at the all star game, a Ford

2)
The Manhattan Rage won the cup
The Pride need to step their game up
They tried so hard
And played like lard
And ended up in the dump
----

I don't think any of the staff will bring an advantage over the other staff because while the older members, who have been here for longer and know the sim engine better, know the older starts that have proven to work, the newer staff, who can bring new strats to the table.
I don't think any of the strats that either team uses will be better than the other because one team may be more stacked than the other team. It all depends on the depth of the team. If one strat works for one team then it might not work for the other team, which is why it doesn't really matter.
I like both of the teams' logos equally because neither are the Tampa Bay Barracudas team logo. They are both pretty alright, but neither are the Barracuda's. I don't even quite know what they are. I think one is a lion and the other is a lion or something. Oe of them is a lion.
I would definitely choose d: an hour session where Dilk shows you everything from his internet history because that would be the most interesting one out of the bunch, in my eyes. I know Dilk at a somewhat personal level and based off what I know about him, a lot of dilk will be in his search history.

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!