Create Account

Deenerys Targa-rene/DidierDrogba Suspension

04-15-2020, 10:41 AMsve7en Wrote:
04-15-2020, 10:37 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote: OK so just for the sake of consistency here so we know what is OK and what is not using a derogatory term to complain about someone using a derogatory term is not suspendable? I mean clearly he's using boomer here in a derogatory light.
There's a difference between a slur and an insult though. Boomer is not a slur.

As a boomer I would highly disagree with your statement, we ban people for sexism and for terms regarding disabilities but ageism is OK? I'm also fat, so I take it it's cool to pick on fat people too here? Where is the line? As a fat boomer I would and am highly offended at takes on this but I get no protection under the code of conduct?

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

04-15-2020, 10:43 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote:
04-15-2020, 10:41 AMsve7en Wrote: There's a difference between a slur and an insult though. Boomer is not a slur.

As a boomer I would highly disagree with your statement, we ban people for sexism and for terms regarding disabilities but ageism is OK? I'm also fat, so I take it it's cool to pick on fat people too here? Where is the line? As a fat boomer I would and am highly offended at takes on this but I get no protection under the code of conduct?
Guys it's official, we can't shorthand "Ok person who has antiquated (often racist, ableist, or sexist) viewpoints that don't align with a healthy modern society" to "Ok boomer".

It's a worldview position, and if someone is getting that term seriously thrown at them they should consider why their viewpoint is drawing ire.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

04-15-2020, 10:43 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote:
04-15-2020, 10:41 AMsve7en Wrote: There's a difference between a slur and an insult though. Boomer is not a slur.

I know you're trolling but for anyone who is thinking you could be right: boomer is the literal defining term for the people born after WW2 in America. It's not even in the same plane of existence as racial or sexist slurs and the fact that barnabis is insinuating that is insulting to actually marginalized groups of people.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

04-15-2020, 10:51 AMsve7en Wrote:
04-15-2020, 10:43 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote: As a boomer I would highly disagree with your statement, we ban people for sexism and for terms regarding disabilities but ageism is OK? I'm also fat, so I take it it's cool to pick on fat people too here? Where is the line? As a fat boomer I would and am highly offended at takes on this but I get no protection under the code of conduct?
Guys it's official, we can't shorthand "Ok person who has antiquated (often racist, ableist, or sexist) viewpoints that don't align with a healthy modern society" to "Ok boomer".

It's a worldview position, and if someone is getting that term seriously thrown at them they should consider why their viewpoint is drawing ire.

So Ageism is fine and I have less rights than you is what you're saying.

And even though it is a slight troll I am legitimately offended by the way that term was used to classify a whole section of people. World view lol OK

you can call me zoomer and i wouldn't be offended
feel free to actually

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

[Image: IMG-20200415-010146.jpg]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I mean in all seriousness how do you know that I am not as upset by that term as grok was about the other? Just because I didn't TD it? What I am asking is where is the line drawn? Grok gets action for his outrage but I do not? You got people in here calling out others imposing their world viewpoint on everyone but your viewpoint may not be the same as others. So who gets to decide who gets to be upset?

04-15-2020, 11:00 AM.bojo Wrote: [Image: IMG-20200415-010146.jpg]

[Image: 81354037_10219095532692487_4567732547185...e=5EBB497C]

LMAO i come back and Vliddy is actually triggered over the word boomer

04-15-2020, 11:01 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote: I mean in all seriousness how do you know that I am not as upset by that term as grok was about the other? Just because I didn't TD it? What I am asking is where is the line drawn? Grok gets action for his outrage but I do not? You got people in here calling out others imposing their world viewpoint on everyone but your viewpoint may not be the same as others. So who gets to decide who gets to be upset?
ok boomer

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

04-15-2020, 11:02 AMCarlz Wrote: LMAO i come back and Vliddy is actually triggered over the word boomer

I demand Carlz be suspended immediately!! No more pizza rolls or McDonald's for gainz either!!

04-15-2020, 11:03 AMsve7en Wrote:
04-15-2020, 11:01 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote: I mean in all seriousness how do you know that I am not as upset by that term as grok was about the other? Just because I didn't TD it? What I am asking is where is the line drawn? Grok gets action for his outrage but I do not? You got people in here calling out others imposing their world viewpoint on everyone but your viewpoint may not be the same as others. So who gets to decide who gets to be upset?
ok boomer

retard verb
re·​tard | \ ri-ˈtärd
\
retarded; retarding; retards
Definition of retard

(Entry 1 of 2)

transitive verb
: to delay or impede the development or progress of : to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment

Ageism is a thing but apparently its cool in 2020

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

04-15-2020, 11:02 AMCarlz Wrote: LMAO i come back and Vliddy is actually triggered over the word boomer

I mean, are you surprised? It’s Vliddy, you can’t even look at him the wrong way without him acting like he’s been seriously offended

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]