Create Account

Poll: Ban the word boomer
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
24.00%
6 24.00%
No
76.00%
19 76.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Boomer

Should the shl BAN this offensive word

i vote yes, please compile your votes here so we can mail them to the HO

FYI for those who don't know boomer means if you are 28 years old or older

Just because it doesn't offend you doesn't mean it isn't offensive. It is a gross generalization of a people based on age. Disgusting.

this is why my team lack offensive

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

stfu carl

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

It's really quite spectacular to watch this collision of the worlds that is taking place here right now. All those old-timers coming back in a semi-coordinated effort only to find out that what they think is edgy and funny, and what has been mainstream behaviour in the SHL in the past, has long overstayed its welcome and is just pathetic and sad now.

why not just ban you instead?

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

04-15-2020, 12:05 PMCarlz Wrote: Should the shl BAN this offensive word

i vote yes, please compile your votes here so we can mail them to the HO
how can 10+ idiots come back in the same week and you still stand out as the dumbest one of all

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

04-15-2020, 12:12 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: It's really quite spectacular to watch this collision of the worlds that is taking place here right now. All those old-timers coming back in a semi-coordinated effort only to find out that what they think is edgy and funny, and what has been mainstream behaviour in the SHL in the past, has long overstayed its welcome and is just pathetic and sad now.
Agreed.

Sad!

why not ban all words?

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

ok Boomer KekW

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

04-15-2020, 12:13 PMClean Andrei Kostitsyn Wrote: why not ban all words?
please report to gulag comrade Clean Andrei

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:i feel like it should be obvious but...when we say "boomer" we're referring to a mindset. If it were really about age, there are a lot of people older than boomers we could be calling out. It's not about age, it's about this culture of systematic discrimination and failure to hold people accountable for the ways they treat other human beings that many of us are just 100% fed up with. There are plenty of actual boomers age-wise who are also fighting the bad stuff, and they don't make it about them because they know it's not about them.

Boomer isn't a slur. It's only even an insult if you're part of the mindset it's referring to when somebody uses it that way. It's not "haha that person is older than me and I don't like old people!" it's largely "oh great you're another person who thinks that everybody who ever remarks on the ills of society is just a whiney baby and who thinks they should be able to say or do anything they want without these obnoxious politically correct crybabies calling me out on my discriminatory behavior."

i feel like it should be obvious but...when we say "autistic" we're referring to literally someone just being silly. If it were really about retardation, there are a lot people that are actually mentally handicapped we could be calling out. It's not about mental handicaps, it's about this culture of people being silly and offended by every little word when it means nothing more. There are plenty of actual mentality handicapped people who are also fighting the bad stuff, and they don't make it about them because they know it's not about them. It's a sad disease but ostrosizing and coddling them because they're different doesn't do any good for anybody or make them feel normal (yes I have an autistic nephew)

Autistic isn't a slur. It's only even an insult if you're mentally handicapped. It's not "haha that person is mentally handicapped and I don't like mentally handicapped people!" it's largely "oh great you're another person who is acting silly and heres a throwaway word I'll use which is obviously not literal" unless you take it as a whiney baby who thinks they should be offended by anything they want as long as these obnoxious politically correct crybabies support me and make it seem like discriminatory behavior."

Smile

04-15-2020, 12:12 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: It's really quite spectacular to watch this collision of the worlds that is taking place here right now. All those old-timers coming back in a semi-coordinated effort only to find out that what they think is edgy and funny, and what has been mainstream behaviour in the SHL in the past, has long overstayed its welcome and is just pathetic and sad now.
Its amazing that as you age you become more and more of a pussy, it's actually marvelous. Never change dude, never change

" you dont call retarded people retards. You call your friends retards when they're acting retarded"

If anybody has ever laughed that at while watching the office and didn't get outraged you are a hypocrite and you know it.