Create Account

S53 PT #5 - Contract Negotiations

Akira Ren is not a huge fan of the GM of the Chicago Syndicate and he intends to make that known during his next contract negotiation. He is currently on a three year contract making $3 Million a year which is honestly pretty pitiful. Almost everyone on the team makes more then him. He has decided to fire his agent and hire a new one. This agent apparently is a legendary agent who has represented some of the greatest clients in SHL history such as Adam Kylrad and Shawn Velevra. Ren intends to ask for a 10 season, $10 million per year contract as well as the captaincy. This contract was suggested to him by his close friend Cameron Carter II. In order to prepare for the next set of negotiations, he has his agent digging up whatever dirt he can find about the Chicago GMs to use as blackmail. Hopefully all will go well and Ren will be paid what he deserves.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

I've taken some team friendly deals in my day, but I think I want to cash in on my last contract. I'm getting up there in age so I want to pad my bank account before I'm done. I'm going to have a talk with my GMs here soon.

I'm going to lay out my thoughts to them clearly. I've given my everything to this team and helped lead them to multiple Challenge Cup victories. I've never been in trouble or put the team in trouble. I'm a great teammate and I've acted unselfishly throughout my career. I think I'm deserving of one final big pay day. My plan is to wait it out until every player is signed and take the rest of the cap space into my contract. I'll make it clear I want it to be at least 9 million dollars. As a veteran on the team and a Blizzard lifer, I expect them to grant my final contract wish.

The ball is in their court now. Pay this man to ride off in the sunset, financially comfortable.

(181 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

From the figures from the past few seasons, it's pretty clear (or should be pretty clear) to management that I'm a valuable defensive piece, especially in tandem with my pairing partner. We wanna be happy all together. We are happy right now and we wanna keep it that way. We're gonna be pretty honest with one another during negotiations, and that includes things like understanding where my value is to the club. Aittokallio's a pretty knowledgeable manager, and I trust his outlook on things a lot. He's made me feel valuable in the club, even after a time where I plateaued. We'd always talked and talked about how close we were to that Cup run in between seasons and we always had that in mind, especially around the time to re-up. We'd still talk about that and where my role would be in the organization moving forward. I don't know where he stands, though from how I'm looking at it, I've got tabs on my clock. 14 seasons have started noticeably wearing me out. It's not terrible right now, though time will only make the dropoff worse. I think around S56 will be the last of my window to ask for anything major before I start getting the old-timer treatment.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Alright I'll admit it, I would probably be too soft for this. Get me into a room alone with GM and I would probably crack and end up agreeing to a hometown discount, taking a pay cut out of loyalty to give us a better at landing FAs and therefor a better chance at a cup. But this is why god invented Agents, so I would let my agent do all the talking and negotiating for me and, if possible, not even be present in person until it comes to actually putting my signature on the piece of paper. That doesn't mean that my agent would go in without instructions from me though as I would still want to be in full control of the process and the tactics used and goals with which we enter the talks. Obviously money is a big factor but for a player like myself, who is right in his prime and performing at a peak level but who isn't super young anymore, term is just as important if not more so. If you want me on the team next season then you won't just have to pay me the big bucks that I might be worth today, but also pay me the same or next to the same money half a decade or longer down the road when I might not be performing at quite the same level anymore. Buyout candidate? You betcha!

What do I do to convince my GM? I've won an award for best Defensive Defenseman and to start my career I signed team friendly deals. Now I'm coming into my veteran years where I will be expected to anchor a defensive pairing with top rookies and mentor them into top stars. How often are you going to find a guy that's team first and willing to work with the team to bring up the current stars for less than 10 million a season? You aren't. I'd do it for 6 million a season and that's what I'd push for if I had to resign in Winnipeg after publicly declaring I wouldn't. I'd also continue my request not to go to Minnesota. Sorry dudes, that still left a really bad taste in my mouth. I'd also probably add a 3 team trade list. I mean, its not like I can get any team to lend me their private jet.

Well first off all, I do not really need more money for my player, money can buy you nice things sure, but you will not achieve happiness with it. So I would rather play for a minimum salary in Los Angeles then make my money elsewhere. In order to resign my new contract, there werent really additional perks to negotiate about. Our manager was already nice enough to create our signatures and he also made my custom forum avatar request, so why on earth would I ask for more perks.

The main thing however we will need in Los Angeles that I unfortunately did not include in the contract negotiations, are private showers. To many of the Los Angeles members are having free for all pee parties after a training or a game. While I am of the 'if you have to go, you have to go' variety, I try to keep it civilized and not just do it for the party as some of our members do. So private showers to avoid these parties, that would definitly be a benefit I would like.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Here's the thing, I shoot pucks. I don't count money or zeroes or whatever. I leave that to the smart people, and I know A LOT of smart people. Good smart people. These smart people looked at my contract when I got it. They told me it was a good contract. the BEST contract in fact.
The contract is so good it even got me a couple REAL Katana swords from Japan, old emperors sword. They are so sharp they can cut through anything, so Finn better watch out and not pull any communist shit on me.

My contract renewal is not until S60 or some shit, I don't think i'll be active by then, but if I am I will get the best deal. I'll put the good people who supports me on it. They will make sure the deal is good.

j/k pls give me a raise i'm dying cause my child support eats all my salary. 4m is a peasants contract in this 10x10 league

RETIRED

PBE Affiliate PT

For every contact i have usually in any league i have a set of requirements. First of all usually ask for a no trade or movement clause. This is somethign i did not ask for with Emiko this time around and honestly it was due to me forgetting too. I am happy on edmonton so my ask won't be too much i think. I will be asking for a slight raise which will be to make sure i am able to get weekly training every week without going into debt on the site. For this though i will be trying to commit to the league more and do as many PTs as possible which is something i have been lacking on for the last few weeks due to the PBE not having PTs themselves. So i will stop treating this as a 2nd or 3rd league and try and commit to be a great player. The team already are getting a solid keeper out of me.

Code:
Words: 166

Its nearing the end of season and Phineas has been figuring out his awkward stork legs from his freshman season. With no other accolades besides a cup in his hands, Phineas knows that he is not looking to renegotiate his already solid contract in terms of money. That being said, he does want some things added to the addendums on the bottom. He wants his own cooking show, "Fridays with Phineas". He wants to make sure that he gets famous New Yorkers to come to the stadium kitchen where Phineas will cook them a dessert, a dinner, or something random. Some times he will be by himself, and some times he will have teammates join. Phineas is willing to contribute some of his salary towards the expenses of the food, but he expects the Rage's agent to go ahead and actually secure the participation of the guests without Phineas's knowledge so that he can be surprised when the guest walks in through the doors. Now that Phineas thinks about it, it doesn't matter if they are famous.

Make it done!

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

I think it's pretty clear if you look at my growth in less than two seasons that I deserve a raise.  I was drafted 35th overall in the S52 SMJHL draft but by the end of that season I had climbed to 19th on the TPE list.  That led to me being drafted 21st overall in the S53 SHL draft. Now I'm up to 12th in the TPE list for the S53 class.  I've even passed a good chunk of the S52 class even with a whole season before me. I'd be 20th on that list, right behind JMac N Cheese.  There's a lot of good active players ahead of me, but I could be top 10 by the end of this season. I'm also on pace to double my point output from last season. I finished S52 with 12 points.  37 games into S53 and I am already at 18 points, which puts me on pace to hit 25 points for the season. Basically averaging a point every other game. Come on Texas, you know what you gotta do.. 

Show me the money!! 

Code:
184 words

[Image: hudson.png]

Code:
Written option: In 150+ words, describe what perks you would want in a new contract and/or your approach to convince your GM you deserve a raise.

I usually tend to negotiate quite easily with my GM in regards to contract negotiations. I like to keep the relationship between at an optimal high. But enough is enough. It's time to think about myself for once and plan on my future after the SHL. I want to paid like one of the top players in the league and I've proven that I have the ability to score with the best of them. I think a pay raise is definitely in the books but I want some other perks in my contract. I want a Chipotle pass, meaning that I get to eat there for basically free (well the team is paying). I tend to eat it every day so that would just make my life so much easier. Also, I want a couple of horses for my stable. I've been looking to upgrade my ranch with some new animals and I think I can work something out with Muerto to add some new horses for me.

Code:
168 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Taking a page out of Brady McIntyre's contract negotiations back in the early stages of his career, Karlstraße Scholz would demand an endless supply of his favourite snack. At first he thought he'd copy the young McIntyre and ask for Oreo's, but after some careful deliberation he settled on girl guides thin mints. Prior to each game the management team of Keygan and Salami would need to give Scholz a box of chilled thin mints. In addition to the mandatory box, a second box would be given for every goal. Karlstraße made a hard push for every point, but sadly the line had to drawn somewhere. Instead, he'll receive an additional box for every 10 points he scores. They can be received at time of scoring points, or all at once at the end of the season. While he doesn't need to share, Scholz tends to sauce his teammate a mint or two. Blizzard

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

PBE PT

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]