Create Account

New England Wolfpack Punishment

05-19-2020, 06:41 PMKeygan Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:40 PMStamkosFan Wrote: The second time that draft was a bad mistake, but really the first one was the pick tracker’s fault. Literally when’s the last time that thing got updated? Sure, GMs have a responsibility, but that job exists to actually do something.

Everytime a double pick trade punishment comes out they say that while the pick tracker is a tool, managers need to track their own picks.
Can confirm, was told this

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2020, 06:49 PM by JSS.)

05-19-2020, 06:44 PMStamkosFan Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:41 PMJSS Wrote: Wasn't the pick tracker updated for the draft?
I do not believe so, if it was that’s a bad look

I just checked, draft started at 7pm on May 16th. The LAP/NEW trade was processed on May 16th at 3:48pm. So Ace was able to rely on the pick tracker during the draft.

[Image: 3.png]

05-19-2020, 06:44 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:43 PMFlareon Wrote: Hard agree. They're crossing over into harassment/bullying at this rate

This isn't the first time they've done it. Unless one of them is actually punished for it, it won't be the last time it happens.

Name and shame. Hit me with names and ill make sure they never end up on one of my teams at the very least.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

omg

sucks all around

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

05-19-2020, 06:44 PMAwesomecakes Wrote: j team

Odinson Odinson Odinson
Odinson Odinson Odinson
Odinson Odinson Odinson
Odinson Odinson Rangerjase
Odinson Odinson
Odinson Odinson
Odinson Odinson
Odinson
Odinson
This is the one, we can pack it up now everyone. Nothing left to see here.

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

Personally...I can see the argument against the punishment, but the argument of HO to trigger the 2nd part of the rule is strong aswell - It's two separate trades. It's extremely easy to see these are two separate instances of breaking the same rule, no matter how close to each other they occured. I feel if this was anything else but trading, Ace would slip by without being removed, but he screwed the one singular thing that is ridiculously easy to prove.

Then again I feel like scaling a punishment from 3rd rounder to GM removal is a little extreme. Definitely a harsh, harsh hit.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

05-19-2020, 06:44 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:40 PMStamkosFan Wrote: The second time that draft was a bad mistake, but really the first one was the pick tracker’s fault. Literally when’s the last time that thing got updated? Sure, GMs have a responsibility, but that job exists to actually do something.

I would love if that was true, but we have been told several times to not rely on it. Which is...weird, arguably, but it's a GMs fault for not knowing about his picks, not pick trackers.

The reason for that is so everything can be double checked. We've actually had situations where a team used a pick, they didn't actually possess in a draft. Cleaning up a mess like that is not fun. If GMs actually kept track of their own picks, they can tell the pick tracker and HO if it isn't up to date and a slacking pick tracker can be reprimanded or replaced. If everyone blindly trusts the pick tracker, no one realizes when he stops updating and terrible messes happen.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

05-19-2020, 06:45 PMmdubz Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:40 PMhhh81 Wrote: I'm here to give you what you didn't know you wanted, the all SMJHL thread team!

ah, there it is, missing the all jrs team is more like it
You weren't in the thread when I started. These things take time to do. Sorry, kid.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

05-19-2020, 06:47 PMcrutch Wrote: omg

sucks all around

You still have a Platoon role or whatever it is, just noticed.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Posting recipes in big threads is easily the worst trend I’ve seen on this site since I joined

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

05-19-2020, 06:41 PMml002 Wrote: I don't get why everyone is up in arms. Appeals exist for a reason and our current ownership group is as active it's ever been. Calm down and wait for the appeal response

Uh, no one's really that up in arms. It's just Buffalo memeing, 90% of people asking for a thread team and then some surprisingly measured takes.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

05-19-2020, 06:45 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:44 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: I would love if that was true, but we have been told several times to not rely on it. Which is...weird, arguably, but it's a GMs fault for not knowing about his picks, not pick trackers.

I've never understood why we have a person whose job it is to track picks, yet HO tells GMs "don't trust this person to do their job. You must do it yourself."

I suppose for very cases like this where there needs to be a general overseer of these assets. I don't know if I'd describe as a failsafe. More of just another pair of eyes in case something is up at least you're not looking at the offending party to provide information and have (hopefully) an unbiased source.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Imagine being so drunk and not knowing you traded 3 picks but are still able to log onto discord on time for the draft, talk coherently, make 3 trades and still have people defend you with the line "hE wAs DrUnK"

So so drunk.

05-19-2020, 06:41 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:23 PMDaftRaincloud Wrote: There will always be a certain subsection of any population online that exists only to stir the pot and rile up drama. The best way to deal with it is always to ignore it because ultimately they don't know what they're talking about.

I agree, and as much as I want to ignore it, I can't. To watch a certain group of people only come in here to dunk on a guy at his lowest with zero repercussions is yet another glaring error in the way the site conducts itself. And the worst part? These people don't care, don't think there's anything wrong with what they're doing, and will continue doing it since they "aren't actually breaking the rules."

While I've posted an offtopic comment myself I do fully agree with this, but I'm glad to read that Ace isnt alone in this and has good support.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

dankoa with the single worst take I've ever seen

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]