Create Account

S54 PT #1 - A New Focus

This was a huge offseason for me as I've finished my rather successful four season tenure with the Anaheim Outlaws and have finally been called up to begin my SHL career with the San Francisco Pride. This past year with the Outlaws I was the leader of the defense and did my best to take care of business on both ends of the floor. With the Pride, I'll be taking on a totally new role on the 3rd line, so there's going to be quite a bit of an adjustment. For the Outlaws I was a solid defender with a deft passing touch who could score the occasional goal. While I'm still going to be that same two way guy, the Pride wanted me to focus more on my abilities as a goal scorer, so that took up a lot of my offseason. Though I won't initially get a lot of minutes on my new team, I'll continue to work hard to be prepared when the opportunity for more minutes comes, helping to keep the Pride as a dominant force in the SHL for many seasons to come.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Since last season was pretty much complete dog shit for Scoochie to say the least he and the Anchorage coaches have decided to try a different tactic this offseason. We think it was way too much excitement and tension building up to the debut of the SMJHL so this offseason Scoochie is obviously still going to work hard on his technique and stamina back home in Dallas, but maybe not do so many 2 a days this offseason. He has decided to focus more on family and friends to keep his mind off of the horrible season and to have some fun to loosen himself up. Hopefully traveling around and visiting friends and family combined with some nice massage therapy sessions will get Scoochie in the mind set to take the starting role on head first this coming season. He will definitely need the rest with how much work will be on. Let's go boats!

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

The rookie season with FHM was a rough one for Chicago Syndicate defenseman Akira Ren. During the S53 – S54 offseason he worked to shift the focus of his game that will hopefully suit the team better in the upcoming season. Akira Ren originally hoped he could be a top offensive defenseman in the league and focused heavily on his speed and offensive abilities. However he quickly learned that this style of game wasn’t very well suited for defenseman in FHM. This offseason he pivoted to be much more defensive focused. With this new style of play, his checking and his defensive read are quite high which should allow him to contain the top players in the league. While Ren is a little disappointed that he might not be able to put up the points he had hoped and emulate Shawn Velevra in STHS, he does look forward to forming a stronger shutdown pair with his defensive partner Jules Watt which should hopefully allow for more team success.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Although my build was already capped coming into this off-season, the free redistribution and boost in stamina allowed for me to upgrade some things. After discussing with JNH and other members of the team we came to our conclusion that we liked where my build was at, however the additional 16 tpe gained for the stamina upgrade would be of use without a doubt. With that being the case, we went right for checking stamina and balanced. All three of the stats started at 10 and bumping them up all by 5 put them each up to 11. To keep me on path for an incredibly offensive-minded build. To answer some of the other questions, the build I had was already on the right path of an offensive, scoring player. Upgrading some of my physical stats will help me to compensate for what I lacked at last season. Not to mention, our team is looking incredibly strong this next season so I wouldn’t be surprised to see my production increase drastically from my individual performance last season. I learned that FHM is quite random in terms of team performance, so the only way to counter that is really just adapt with time, go with the flow and make it so your build will complement who you are playing with

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

Nick Brain felt he had a somewhat disappointing campaign from an offensive standpoint, and with his defense refined and very competent, he decided to further improve his strong wrist shot, in a bid to increase his shooting percentage up above last years sub 10 percent shooting.

Nick also worked out harder in the gym to increase his upper body strength and lung capacity, which would serve as a good general purpose to anyones game. Thanks to his discovery of Shane Banks CrossFit Training, he raised his strength and stamina beyond what he thought he was normally capable of. Their special line of fitness supplements helped too.

Nick also intends to work on his puckhandling once the mid-season on-ice practises start. It can be said that if you have the puck, the other team can't score, so improving Nick's puckhandling meant eating up precious possession time for the Jets and starving the opponent of scoring opportunities.

Overall, Nick has proved his mettle as a Two Way Forward as capable as any other in the league, and is ready to fufill any line role the Jets see fit for the veteran British forward.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

Well, with the redistribution I took a few points out of fighting haha. I figured it wasn't necessary especially since I cap at 350 TPE. With all the points we did get though this offseason I made some huge strides in my offensive game. I am hoping to get some more time on this ice because of this. I also dumped quite a bit into my balance and agility, I am hoping that this will allow me to keep dominating defensively like I did last season. Only time will tell how FHM takes my build though, I can dream though! I am starting to get a general idea of where I want to head though from the past season. I am going to get a lot of the physical ratings pretty high, it seems like doing that will allow my player to dominate regardless of what is going on.

[Image: panico.png]

Code:
Player's perspective: What did your coaches ask you to focus on this offseason? Is there anything you're hoping to do better than you did last season? How will you be altering your on-ice play for this season and what did you do in the offseason to prepare you for that?? Are you going to be trying to fit into a new role this season?

Even though the Detroit Falcons and I won the S53 Four Star Cup, there are always things about my individual game that I can keep on improving. The coaches asked me to continue to work on my game to game consistency, as I tended to have a good game or two, and then a bad game or two to balance it out, with some pretty severe peaks and valleys. I hope that during this season, now that I know the system that the coaches are implementing a lot better, will allow me to consistently contribute to the team, whether it is on defence or on offence. Hopefully, even though I am paired with Jack Kanoff again, I can raise my offensive contributions so that I'm not basically holding Jack's coat and helping cover up any defensive lapses. I want to show that I too have offensive talent in me as well as defensive acumen. The stint with Team WJC Sweden, and in the IIHF, has shown me that I have offensive production as well; if I can show that in the SMJHL with the minutes that I will be given, that would make me happy.

In terms of altering on-ice play, I don't think it will change too much - Jack will still get the more offensive touches of the puck, but I hope to be able to carry the play a bit more as I have been working on my physical skills. I want to be able to hold on to the puck and carry it in, creating offensive opportunities. Certainly, my improved footspeed, balance and strength will be a help as we defend our Cup. Let's hope that this season will show the SMJHL that I can work the whole 200-foot length of the ice!

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

What did your coaches ask you to focus on this offseason? Is there anything you're hoping to do better than you did last season? How will you be altering your on-ice play for this season and what did you do in the offseason to prepare you for that?? Are you going to be trying to fit into a new role this season?

Last season was my rookie season at SMJHL and my player did pretty decent, but could be a much better. In 50 games, my defender had  5 goals and 8 assists. I guess it was pretty good, but seeing other players who had much less TPE and much more TPE, was pretty stupid. So I hope that my player will do better this season, after he had re-building and after he is 350 TPE capped player. I hope he will score more goals and get more assists - at least 25 points. 30+ points would be amazing though.
Coaches asked to get better stamina and some defense stats. I will get more time this season on ice, just because my player is a bit better. I will have new role, because I will play with my brother in the same line. Plus, I slowly step up at the position which makes me the best defender in my team, which might help me to get in first line pretty soon.
[168 words]

Stars Stars Stars

I didn't really use redistribution this offseason. I'm pretty happy how my goalie build looks. As I went from 350 cap to 425 I raised some basic skills by a little. Glove, blocker and low shots went up by one just to be little better in those areas. Recovery was raised by two from 12 to 14. That is my second most improved skill from last season. Maybe a little surprise was that I raised my goalie's pokecheck ability by four points, it went from 9 to 13. My idea on about focusing more on recovery and poke checking was my close quarters performance. I noticed that most of the goals that went in last season were scored from the crease. I'm hoping that these improvements will help me with these shots and battles that are happening right in front of the net and at the same time improve the overall performance. Here's hoping for a great season!

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda 

Last season was really about establishing the basics for my player. Being a rookie and having no idea how FHM uses each stat was over-whelming at first but I think Klompus did a well enough job. He was the lowest +/- on the team last season so going into the redistribution and being able to use up to 350TPE, I knew that I had to focus on my defensive stats. While I would love to see Klompus on the score sheet as much as possible, it's important for the team's success that I focus on specific things like balance and strength. I really think that I'll see improvement to Klompus overall with the boost in TPE and being able to redistribute everything. So far in the pre-season I'm seeing a bit of success with this already seeing Klompus at a +3 and one goal.

I'm still going to be filling the quarterback role so Klompus will be expected to jump on the offense. While I didn't really give a decent boost to things like shooting accuracy, I'm hoping the defensive boost will help us keep the puck at the other end of the ice.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

PBE Cross post (figure Championship week post counts)

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

After last season’s disappointing performance out of Texas, management came to Horvat and asked him to completely change how he plays the game. Still focusing on the defensive aspect, he was asked to focus less on being a physically imposing player, and more of someone who can shutdown the oppositions top players. Instead of blocking shots with his face, or trying to crush people, he is now focused on responsible play, being where he needs to be, and keeping up with the best that the opponents can throw at him.
This was a bit of a change for Horvat as it’s a complete change for him, and a style he has never played. In the end though, he decided to buy in as he has always felt team success was greater than individual success. Coaching promised him he would still be able to hit things, but at the right time. Picking the right opportunity as opposed to always going for that big hit has been the hardest part of the change.

[Image: horvat3.png]

User's perspective: With a season on FHM in the books and a free redistribution gifted by HO for the offseason, what did you decide to change about your player build? Did you drastically change your build from last season? If so, why? Are you going to be trying to fit into a new role this season? What did you learn from last season's pilot run?

I only made a few slight alterations to Goku's build with the free redistribution. Despite being in regression, I was able to collect enough TPE that I was starting off with about the same amount of TPE as the beginning of last season. He had a good season in S53 with 51 pts so as an offensively-minded player I did not want to make drastic changes as the Jets still need him to be a scoring threat. However, knowing that the wingers were going to be not as strong as last season, with 1 regressing winger and 1 rookie winger, I thought it would be prudent to have even more focus on offense. As much as I hated to do it because I really liked having the fastest player in the league, I dropped a point out of most of my physical attributes and put those points into scoring accuracy and offensive read. So, basically he's lost a step and deteriorated physically, but gotten smarter and a little greedier around the net. As the season progresses, I will be putting almost all new TPE into the defensive attributes because they are not great! As one of the higher TPE guys on the team Goku will be given top 6 and Powerplay minutes so I will also have to look at keeping stamina up as well. And hopefully once again this season I can earn enough new TPE to fight off regression again and still be a decent ~1600 TPE player next season.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

I have asked my coach if he wanted me to have a full redistribution of my player, but he preferred to continue with what we already had as he was satisfied about my performance. I will be moving into a second line role most likely and therefor have spent some time in upgrading my main attributes, but mostly my stamina. With the need to play more I feel this might be the most important stat. I will never go for a superstar role, but am glad to be able to help the Panthers with my presence. My new role is showing the confidence in me from our coaching staff and hopefully I can improve my performance as well with others around me regressing. Hopefully we can do what we did last year and deliver our coach his coaching trophy, as he has worked hard, unlike the actual winners. I will do what is needed and our coach will help me along the road.

Words: 163

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

I was pretty happy with my FHM results from last season. A decent number of points relative to my team and one of the better forwards overall in terms of hitting is basically all I could ask for. Still, thanks to some help from said team I was able to do some reworking of my player's build to focus more on the important things and less on boring areas like Speed. Now I am much more of a goalscoring threat close to the net, really becoming a grinder on offense with some tip-ins as well as strong passing to my teammates. I lose some of my slapshot ability in the process, but that was never a focus area anyways. When we don't have the puck, I have become even more of a Bash Brother than in the past, with 17's in areas like hitting, checking, and strength making it very obvious what I am trying to accomplish. It may be a little more difficult to actually chase people down, but I'll have more of an impact once I do.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]