Create Account

S54 WFT #4 - Playoff Race

Race for the last playoff spot, Eastern Conference:

This one's definitely going to be wrapped up before the rest, because New England isn't going to be making playoffs. With a coach as dumb and lazy as @goldenglutes, there's simply no way they'll be able to make up such a large point deficit.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 04:56 PM by _Blitz_.)

I think Edmonton or LA will catch NOLA. The Specters got off to a pretty rocky start. While they seem to be levelling off, 1 point back with 10 or more games to go isn't impossible to beat. That said, I don't think NOLA drops to 3rd. I think LAP takes 1st, NOLA 2nd, EDM 3rd.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Tampa bay will get a single point. Hockey can be a game of flukes, especially in SHL, and I think they will at least force a game into OT once before the end of the season. It seems just as hard to have a 0 point season than it is to go undefeated honestly.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Tampa will get a point. I thought they might get 5 wins this season, and while that won't happen, might not even get 1 win, but they are going to OT at least once.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 01:44 AM by Carpy48.)

Race for the #1 seed AND the last playoff spot, Western Conference:

I pick LAP for the West. Not only is it extremely close between them and EDM, both LA goalies have really good stats at the moment (lowest GA in the West) and even though it's extremely close there between LAP, EDM and also NOLA, I know the Panthers can do it.

When it comes to the last playoff spot in the West I'm looking at TEX. They actually surprised me this season and I'm very impressed with Goodman this year. It'll be close here as well between them and SFP, but I think TEX has a better chance.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Tampa Bay will get a single point, they have 14 games remaining to take one game to OT. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they'll score, just that they'll somehow manage to take a 0-0 game to OT and lose. Let's ignore the fact that they've played 36 without getting a point so far, I have shaky confidence that they can luck into a point.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

The New Orleans Specters seem like they have gotten hotter and hotter every week and will be able to compete and grab that top spot for sure.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

I can not imagine a team playing an entire season and not getting a single point.  I have to imagine they will pull off an OT loss or something here with 14 games left.  If I was betting, that's what I would put my money on.

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

I have hope that the Dragons will pull out some magical mushrooms and get a wacky edge on our game and come through nice and strong. I say this because I am out of petrol after EVO and I's huffing binge the other week. I have been banned from most nearby gas stations now, they are onto me. Even when I pull up in my Bentley those fuckers tell me I can't get any fuel. Something about it being 'the electric version and it doesn't need it'. Bunch of nerds.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

I think the spooky bois will come out on top of the quest for first overall in the west. They have the best winning percentage in the west, 16 games remaining and have been on an absolute tear lately.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

The barracuda will resolve the quest to get a single point this week because it's already been resolved: we aren't getting any, the season might as well not have been played

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

If y'all think we in Tampa Bay have any intentions of getting a point, you are sorely mistaken. The race for us is for the perfect season, 0-50-0. And Tank Commander Hamr is here to make sure we achieve that goal.

[Image: tomhanks.gif]

[Image: TH-Sig_.gif?width=479&height=337]

Quote:Race for the #1 seed, Eastern Conference: 
[Image: stampede.png] Buffalo Stampede - 58 points, 14 games remaining [Image: stampede.png]
[Image: steelhawks.png] Hamilton Steelhawks - 54 points, 16 games remaining [Image: steelhawks.png]
This one I am relating back to the strength of schedule media piece that I did a while ago. Buffalo has the easier schedule going forward, and indeed when you look at their schedules that is clear. Buffalo plays Tampa Bay twice, the Minnesota Chiefs twice, and the North Stars twice. Hamilton plays Tampa, Baltimore and Toronto once a piece. While HAM and BUF face off twice down the stretch (which usually results in a W for HAM), I am taking Buffalo for this one. As my friend @"jfisherr" said, games in hand for Hamilton are wins for Buffalo.

Quote:Race for the last playoff spot, Eastern Conference: 
[Image: Rage-Emote.png] Manhattan Rage - 47 points, 13 games remaining [Image: Rage-Emote.png]
[Image: wolfpack4.png] New England Wolfpack - 41 points, 14 games remaining [Image: wolfpack4.png]
Again a shameless plug to my article here. Manhattan actually has one of the hardest schedules remaining, and the hardest among the Eastern teams (0.52 SOS). New England has one of the easiest schedules in the whole SHL left (0.45 SOS). New England plays the bottom 3 of the east (Baltimore, Toronto, Tampa) 6 times combined in their last 14, whereas Manhattan only has two (and 10 of the 13 are against winning teams.) In my article I had argued that New England would be victorious, but at the time they were closer in points to Manhattan. Here I think I will stick with that prediction, even though New England has an uphill battle. 

Quote:Race for the #1 seed AND the last playoff spot, Western Conference: 
[Image: blizzard.png] Edmonton Blizzard - 48 points, 12 games remaining [Image: blizzard.png]
Quote:[Image: panthers.jpg] Los Angeles Panthers - 48 points, 14 games remaining [Image: panthers.jpg]
Quote:[Image: specters.png] New Orleans Specters - 46 points, 16 games remaining [Image: specters.png]
Quote:[Image: pride-new.png] San Francisco Pride - 44 points, 13 games remaining [Image: pride-new.png]
Quote:[Image: renegades.png] Texas Renegades - 44 points, 14 games remaining [Image: renegades.png] 
[Image: dragons.png] Calgary Dragons - 42 points, 13 games remaining [Image: dragons.png]
Just looking at this complex scenario makes your head spin. With all but two teams in the West part of the hunt, this is anyone's game. In my SOS article, I identified Los Angeles as having a relatively easy schedule going forward, and I would predict them to win the West. As they are tied with Edmonton in points with 2 games in hand, this seems like a reasonable prediction. NOLA has the most games remaining, and could certainly make some noise. Those top three teams seem like they will be locks for the playoffs, even if there is strong competition behind them. Calgary has had an easy schedule so far, but has not taken advantage of it. I don't view them as real threats to make the 4th spot unless they go on a tear. Between San Francisco and Texas, San Francisco has an easier schedule, however Texas has a game in hand at the moment. I would predict Texas shocking the world and getting the last playoff spot in the West to cap off their rebuild. This is a tight race that could come down to the last day of the regular season!

Quote:Race to get a single point:

[Image: barracuda.png] Tampa Bay Barracuda - 0 points, 14 games remaining [Image: barracuda.png]
Lol. Nah. If Tampa has not been able to win a game (or even come close) so far, there is next to no chance they will get a point in the remainder of the season.

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Stampede all the way for #1 spot.  Hamilton may be the hard chargers with the most experience in FHM as well as plenty of TPE stacked on the team, but Buffalo has been building a solid team both offensively and defensively for several seasons now.  They're definitely going to put up the most bang for the buck and I think they definitely have the best shot at the #1 spot.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Tampa Bay WILL NOT get a single point this season. Even if they play only against back ups for the remainder of the season they still let up like 50 to 70 shots a game. Even the best teams in the world can't win like that on the regular. No way Tampa can.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]