Create Account

S54 WFT #4 - Playoff Race

Tampa is going to get a point. In no way can a team finish without a point because that is ridiculous. Though it would be a very successful tank but still, they will get a point and i think they are facing Toronto twice so they have a good chance to get a point or points really.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Hamilton Steelhawks and the Race for 1st

The Steelhawks have a prolific history in the SHL. They have always been a dominant force and a team I have faced many times, including in the finals with Texas. They always bring in great regular season performances. This history of excellence will shine through versus a Buffalo team that has a diabolically shit logo.

I think Tampa will end the season with at least one point. We're so close to a perfect season now, there's no way they won't ruin it.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

It seems inevitable to me that the Buffalo Stampede will secure the top spot in the East. They have been the best team in their division so far and it doesn't appear that will change with the dozen games remaining.

Tampa won't gain a point for the rest of the season. They'd need insane luck in a game cause that roster makes most dumpster fires look tame.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Race for the last playoff spot, Eastern Conference:

New England. I am completely not biased because I am on this team. We're a strong cohesive team with an active group of players, and together we're working on making the playoffs. Enrage the Rage!

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

Tampa Bay managing getting a single point in the season - I think this will happen. The thing is... FHM doesn't like outliers. One way or another the game will balance itself out seeking to rein in the ends of the scale. So some team is going to meet a Tampa Bay with a juiced goalie, and their own goalie is going to have the mojo taken out of him or her. Then, it will either be 1 or 2 points for Tampa Bay.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 04:56 PM by CrazyMojito.)

If I was betting money on who was winning the East, I'd have to play it safe and say Buffalo is taking the conference. You have to go back 23 games to find them losing to a team other than Hamilton (A record of 20-2 ). Unfortunately for Hamilton they only meet once more this season.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Renegades  Citadelles Citadelles Renegades  Stars Blizzard Canada 

I am quite surprised that the New England wolfpack have fallen into a tight race for the last playoff spot. the wolfpack boast enough forward and defensive depth to outlast the rage as we wind into the grueling last weeks of the season.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Race to get a single point:
The only chance that Tampa Bay can get a point this season is losing in OT against a bad team or have another team sabotaging themself for playoff position or for fun. With bad teams like Minny still winning 7-2 against them, unless a GM want the honor of being the only team to lose against TBB this season I can't see anything than a 0-0-50 for Tampa

Buffalo will almost for sure hold on to that first spot.  I would love for Tampa to get a point.  No group of players deserves to go through that much losing.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

Buffalo is definitely gonna go ahead and close up the Eastern Conference as the #1 seed. They’re currently 6 points ahead of Hamilton and have been steady in the drivers seat, and I don’t see that changing.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

i think hamilton metalbird will win because they are best and they are birds and birds very fast wow they fly they prey they attacc they win so yes easy win for hamilton thank

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

Code:
Race for the #1 seed, Eastern Conference:  
Buffalo Stampede - 64 points, 11 games remaining
Hamilton Steelhawks - 58 points, 12 games remaining

I don't think there's that much of a race here, the Steelhawks may have one game in hand but they need to win it to even stand a bit of a chance. The Stampede have the better stars, the better depth, the better forwards, and the better defensemen. The only real advantage the Steelhawks have is their goaltender but the Stampede have shown that they don't need a superstar goalie to do well. They have a small coaching advantage but the Stampede also have great coaches so the difference is negligible. I think the Stampede win this race with ease while the Steelhawks could fall back and end up in a race with the Syndicate who sit 6 points behind them. The Syndicate hit a rough patch the last couple games but if they find their midseason form again they could definitely over take the Steelhawks in the final stretch. The race for the 3rd seed in the East could get interesting as both the Steelhawks and Syndicate will look to fight to avoid the Stampede in the first round.

Code:
Race for the last playoff spot, Eastern Conference:  
Manhattan Rage - 52 points, 10 games remaining
New England Wolfpack - 47 points, 11 games remaining

This has been a close race all season as the Rage and Wolfpack both fight for the last playoff spot and 2nd seed in the East as the Atlantic division winners. The Rage currently have a 5 point lead in this race which the Wolfpack could knock down to 3 points should they win their game in hand, while I do think this race will end up being much closer than the Hamilton-Buffalo race, I still think the Rage will hold on and claim that last playoff spot. While the Wolfpack have the better forwards and defensemen on paper and do have some better depth, the difference between these teams' talent is almost negligible, with both teams having some mega stars at both ends of the ice capable of winning them games. The difference is gonna come down to goaltending and coaching here. The Rage have the far better goalie in Peter Larson and while Manhattan's coaching hasn't been anything special, New England's seems to be below par season after season as they keep underperforming, which could prove to be costly for them once again this season.

Code:
Race for the #1 seed AND the last playoff spot, Western Conference:
New Orleans Specters - 53 points, 12 games remaining
Edmonton Blizzard - 52 points, 9 games remaining
Los Angeles Panthers - 52 points, 12 games remaining
Texas Renegades - 46 points, 11 games remaining  
Calgary Dragons - 45 points, 10 games remaining
San Francisco Pride - 44 points, 11 games remaining

I'll break this one up into two because I don't see the bottom 3 teams catching up to any of the top 3 teams. I will say that I think the race for the #1 seed will be a relatively easy race. Edmonton have 3 games in hand on New Orleans and if they win all 3 of them they'll be 5 points ahead in 1st place. They've held that spot almost all season and would probably still hold it right now had it not been for the way their schedule fell. I don't see anyone taking that spot away from them as Edmonton have been absolutely dominant in the West this season with that first line duo of Tony Pepperoni and Julio Tokolosh keeping them ahead of the rest of the pack in their conference, they'll win it easily for me.

Then comes the race for the last playoff spot. This one is more interesting because you have the Texas Renegades who are arguably weaker than the two teams in this race with them but seem to be really well coached, the Calgary Dragons who on paper are probably the strongest team in the West but have underperformed so far, and the San Francisco Pride who perennially underperform despite having a really strong team. I'm gonna go ahead and say that the Dragons will grab the last playoff spot here, while they have underperformed so far, I think their coaches are good enough to sort out their issues leading to the game in hand and stronger roster propelling Calgary into that last playoff spot, where they could be a potential darkhorse in the West. As well as the Renegades have performed I just can't see them beating Calgary out in the stretch run with their current team, their young players will make them a scary team soon but unfortunately won't be enough to beat out the Dragons to that last playoff spot. The Pride meanwhile will likely finish last out of these three teams which is really concerning because they shouldn't be missing the playoffs with that team, if they miss the playoffs and underperform again I would say it's time to ask some serious questions about the coaching in San Francisco.

Code:
Race to get a single point:
Tampa Bay Barracuda - 0 points, 10 games remaining

This is an interesting one again because Tampa Bay have been absolutely dreadful this season and while it doesn't currently look like they'll get a single point, their schedule makes this a bit more possible. In their last 10 games, they play the Winnipeg Jets and Baltimore Platoon once each, and the Toronto North Stars, who have also struggled really badly, 3 more times, including 2 of them on home ice. I'm gonna be bold and say that they manage to pull it off, even if they don't win the game, I think it's possible that they can hold Toronto long enough to bring them to overtime in one of the two home games which would get them a point before the end of the season.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Race for the #1 seed, Eastern Conference:

Both Buffalo and Hamilton are great teams but I have to give the edge to Buffalo. I think they are the much higher TPE team overall and I don't see them dropping many games in this last stretch. Definitely not looking forward to the 1st round matchup vs us!

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad