Create Account

S54 PT #5 - Parent's Day

The fact that you guys have the audacity to ask if SLATT is a parent is absolutely mind boggling. Even if Pottsy is a parent, you think he gives a shit? You know how many birdies he's been piping? It's way to hard to keep up with these women and if they're getting knocked up or not. If I had to guess, yes Potts is probably a parent to some little stud somewhere in Newfoundland, but maybe also in Atlanta, maybe even in Texas for all I know. Either way, Potts didn't receive any gifts but he did buy his parents gifts. After inking a nice 3 year extension with Texas, Potts bought his parents a new crib in the Fort Worth area, something he's always dreamed of doing for his parents. On top of this he also got his Mom a 2020 BMW M3, and his dad a 2020 Ford Shelby Raptor. It's definitely a dream come true for Potts to be able to be fortunate enough to do that.

(177 words)

[Image: minadsslatt.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2020, 02:43 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: GbfvoRq.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

NSFL PT

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Elijah Jones is officially Elijah Jones II, the son of Elijah and Martina Jones. He not a parent, so his Parent’s Day was spent with his parents. They decided not to go out for a meal due to the pandemic. Instead, they catered with a local service. The meal was good, the time with family was better. Elijah did not get his parents gifts, they practically have everything they want. Instead, he opted for a card with heartfelt messages for each parent. It was nice being able to celebrate Parent’s Day as one and knock two stones with one bird. It’s understandable that many people get a little weird around holidays. Not everyone is used to celebrations and exchanging heart felt moments. The Jones gets along like an average family. Thus, the time spent together was the best option Elijah and his sibling could give the parents. It satisfied everyone, and while a good meal out with the family would be great, due to the prevailing circumstances, this was just as well. Kahn on PBE

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Cassius Darrow is not a parent. As he shared in his Player’s Tribune post, he is asexual. While this doesn’t mean he can’t and wouldn’t be able to have a loving, committed relationship and father/adopt children, Darrow is not in any sort of relationship (nor does he wish to be).

As for Parent’s Day, Cassius’ mother, Gemma, is a proud woman who tends to refuse any nice gifts her son tries to send to her. He has to sneak nice, sensible things to his mother when she’s not paying attention. She has refused any and all gifts since Darrow purchased her and his sister Hanna a new, larger, nicer (but still modest) house a few years ago.

“Your love and presence are all the gift I need” is a common refrain any time he visits his mother back in Germany. This year, with the pandemic, Cassius hasn’t been able to return home to visit family since 2019. This makes everyone involved very sad, most especially Cassius.

When Cassius returns to Germany for IIHF training camps prior to the annual tournament, he takes time to visit the cemetery where his father is interred. He will kneel in silence by his father’s headstone, and occasionally with “talk” with his father, sharing what is going on in his life. He has not been able to do that for some time, due to COVID-19.

This is how he “came out” to his father, a very challenging and emotional task for the SHLer. It was March 17, Season 52, the ten-year anniversary of his father’s death, Darrow requested leave from the team to fly back to Germany. Once there, he picked up the same bouquet of flowers he ordered every time his visited (a specialty bouquet featuring Grape hyacinth and irises, as his father’s favorite color was blue) and set off for the cemetery. He spent two hours by Finn Darrow’s grave, talking about his asexuality and sharing himself fully with what he had left of his father. Tears on his face and a weight lifted from him, Darrow left the cemetery smiling in his truth.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Lallo is not a parent yet although one day he'd definitely like to be a parent of his own, he'd ideally like to have 2-3 kids one day but he's still 23 so he's young and has plenty of time to do that. This parents day, Lallo flew his parents down to Chicago all the way from Switzerland and treated them to a week long vacation. His parents followed the team around along with the the parents of other players who were all invited on the Syndicate's parent's day road trip. Going from rink to rink with the team and watching all of the games on the team's most recent road trip. On off days the players had time to go around some of the different cities they played in and spend time with their parents. For Lallo's parents who live in Switzerland and rarely come over to North America, it was a much appreciated trip where they got to see some nice cities that they normally wouldn't get to see.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Akira Ren is still relatively young and thus is not a parent himself. Though he hopes to be some day perhaps later in his SHL career! He would also have loved to have done something special for Mother’s day and Father’s day for his parents but unfortunately he is in the middle of his SHL season and his parents are still back in Japan working at the family café. He did however send them a large bouquet of flowers as well as heartfelt letters thanking them for all their love and support that has helped make his dream of playing professional hockey in North America a reality. He also promised them that as soon as the offseason hits (hopefully it will be a long one this season and Chicago goes for a nice playoff run) he will return home, make them a nice homemade breakfast, and take the whole family on a nice Caribbean cruise!

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Thorbjörn Gunnarson is a parent, although he can't tell you to how many children. The problem with being an SMJHL superstar like he is is that as you go from city to city, mingling with the locals and hanging out around the bars you tend to get yourself into a little bit of trouble. Not every city that has an SMJHL franchise has 24 hour convenience stores, so sometimes responsibility falls by the way side. Thorbjörn is a young man with a young man's mentality and because of that he knows that one day the child support paperwork is gonna start flying in like Harry Potter's Hogwarts letters. He's going to be buried so deep in back child pay that he's going to have to play in the league until he's in his 50's just to deal with all of it. Thankfully he's got a great lawyer and a great accountant, because if he didn't he would be even more screwed than he was when he made all of these offspring.

(171 words)

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

Keith Lee is definitely too young to have kids of his own yet. One day soon hopefully when he meets the right woman (That Mika Mayfield is looking pretty nice now a days). So for Parent's day I decided to spend the day with my own parents instead. I flew out from Carolina back down to Texas to see my mom and dad and spend the weekend with them to celebrate. Not like I was doing anything worthwhile in Carolina to help them anyways. I spent a whole day fishing on the lake with the old man, just relaxing and catching up as we got some dinner for the night. After getting back I wouldn't let either of my parent's help with dinner and I set up the whole thing so I could wait on them for once. I think they appreciated that. The best part though was just being able to see them for a few days in a row when it wasn't the typical Thanksgiving or Christmas time.

174 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

NSFL PT Welfare (Username: Thor)

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

PBE +3

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

No, Bale is very single. For Father's Day, he did not have anybody to celebrate and he was very lonely. Until he saw that his father had flown up to spend the day with him and his mother. Bale's dad was his best friend growing up and continues to be so. The two would grow up camping together and doing all that that entails, whether it be fishing, biking, or just hanging out around a campfire. All that Bale's dad has ever wanted was a truck, so when he showed up to Winnipeg to surprise him, Bale knew that there was only one thing that he could do for his old man. He got him a Ford F250, just the black truck that he had always wanted. Papa Bale was ecstatic and since they ahd purchased a flight to go back, Bale gave his parents the equivalent of the flight and paid for the gas for them to drive the truck back from Winnipeg.

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

PBE PT

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

[Image: ah33bJz.png]

@hotdog

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Esa Parmborg has close relationship with his father Ukko-Pekka Parmborg, they spend a lot of time together during the off-season eating and fishing. The Parmborg's are big fisherman, growing up in Iceland there's some amazing fishing for Atlantic Salmon and Artic Char. So Esa decided to get his dad a complete new fly fishing set up for fathers day. He purchased him a brand new top of the line Winston fly rod along with an Abel reel, only the best for Ukko-Pekka Parmborg. He also got him a new pair of waders, size XXXL and a new pair of wading boots with special spikes so he would be safe walking around on the slippery bottom of the Icelandic rivers. Esa Parmborg sent him this wonderful gift for fathers day and facetimed with him as he opened it, definitely a special moment between father and son and Esa looks forward to spending some time with the old man fishing together in the off-season.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite