Create Account

Kalju returns

Even experts who walk the line fall off sometimes. There are some questions to ask yourself here- do I want to be involved with this game? What do I have to do to stay a part of this community? If so, how can I help myself and also help others at the same time?

You'll never be able to please everyone, but I'm a Shakespearean in that I play to the audience, and that would be my advice to you good sir. I know you to be a kind and thoughtful person, I will always remember when you reached out to me and gave me advice, and made an effort to make me feel better when I was experiencing a low time in my sim career. I wish you well, and I hope that you continue to be a part of this game and community. I want everyone to be able to sit at the table with us, and I still have a spot for you at mine.

[Image: f7IGJw3.png]
[Image: UFYQyLU.png]

06-30-2020, 11:18 AMCementHands Wrote: Ruutu, my man. If you choose to continuously walk right along the edge of the line you have to know that eventually you will dip a toe over.
You are right in saying that each individual post does not equal much, do you understand that they can add up and did in  this circumstance?
I defended you, and I will continue to, but sometimes a time out is warranted.
Absolutely and I understand that, but at the same time that sounds pretty bad way to run a forum? Who decides how many over the line steps user can have? How do I know how many over the line steps I have?

If they can add up, how many recipe or team posts in threads is enough for spamming related suspension? If I find five recipe posts from the recipe guy, is that enough for suspension? Lets be honest its clearly spam, someone could even say its baiting or trolling since the recipe posts derail the topic completely.

06-30-2020, 09:02 AMACapitalChicago Wrote: You keep saying you've seen worse comments than your own that called being gay gross, would you be able to link said comments?

Here is one

and here is another

Kinda feels like personal attacks to me at least, certainly more offensive than what I ´said´.

WHY ARE THEY INTOLERANT OF MY INTOLERANCE

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

06-30-2020, 12:53 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: WHY ARE THEY INTOLERANT OF MY INTOLERANCE

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

06-30-2020, 12:16 PMTate Wrote: Even experts who walk the line fall off sometimes. There are some questions to ask yourself here- do I want to be involved with this game? What do I have to do to stay a part of this community? If so, how can I help myself and also help others at the same time?

You'll never be able to please everyone, but I'm a Shakespearean in that I play to the audience, and that would be my advice to you good sir. I know you to be a kind and thoughtful person, I will always remember when you reached out to me and gave me advice, and made an effort to make me feel better when I was experiencing a low time in my sim career. I wish you well, and I hope that you continue to be a part of this game and community. I want everyone to be able to sit at the table with us, and I still have a spot for you at mine.
Those are good questions to ask and wonder, but to me, the most important thing is that I know what I´m alike and what I believe in. If there is let's say 20 or maybe even more users in a simulation hockey forum that have the worst of the worst opinion about me after reading my commentary in the forums - that is fine. If most of the GM´s in this league see hiring Kalju and me as a risk - that is fine, I don´t have to play in every team or be cool with everybody. If I´m lucky there is some interest from a few teams and that is all I need. If nothing, that is fine as well.

06-30-2020, 12:53 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: WHY ARE THEY INTOLERANT OF MY INTOLERANCE
I just thought its against the rules to post comments like that, especially now after knowing how much the head office likes to look for hidden meanings and go through the different layers in comments.

06-30-2020, 12:30 PMjRuutu Wrote:
06-30-2020, 11:18 AMCementHands Wrote: Ruutu, my man. If you choose to continuously walk right along the edge of the line you have to know that eventually you will dip a toe over.
You are right in saying that each individual post does not equal much, do you understand that they can add up and did in  this circumstance?
I defended you, and I will continue to, but sometimes a time out is warranted.
Absolutely and I understand that, but at the same time that sounds pretty bad way to run a forum? Who decides how many over the line steps user can have? How do I know how many over the line steps I have?

If they can add up, how many recipe or team posts in threads is enough for spamming related suspension? If I find five recipe posts from the recipe guy, is that enough for suspension? Lets be honest its clearly spam, someone could even say its baiting or trolling since the recipe posts derail the topic completely.

I never ever posted a single spam recipe, that shit is nasty af

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

06-30-2020, 12:30 PMjRuutu Wrote: If they can add up, how many recipe or team posts in threads is enough for spamming related suspension? If I find five recipe posts from the recipe guy, is that enough for suspension? Lets be honest its clearly spam, someone could even say its baiting or trolling since the recipe posts derail the topic completely.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

06-30-2020, 01:22 PMBarnabasCollins Wrote:
06-30-2020, 12:30 PMjRuutu Wrote: Absolutely and I understand that, but at the same time that sounds pretty bad way to run a forum? Who decides how many over the line steps user can have? How do I know how many over the line steps I have?

I never ever posted a single spam recipe, that shit is nasty af
My thoughts exactly, it deserves an suspension.

06-30-2020, 01:29 PMml002 Wrote:

What are you trying to say? Is this some kind of thinly veiled remark?

So now we're equating racist posts as being the same as recipes? Nice take bro, you keep on doing you lol

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 01:38 PM by jRuutu.)

06-30-2020, 01:34 PMBarnabasCollins Wrote: So now we're equating racist posts as being the same as recipes? Nice take bro, you keep on doing you lol
Just wondering how you can get suspended in this forum. I was informed that posts in this forum can potentially add up. I don´t know what you think, but I´d say the recipe posts are spam. Possibly even trolling since they are posted in threads purely to derail them. Anyways, how many similar posts you need to make before you are seen as spammer?

Hey Jruttu - I don't think we've interacted on the site before, but I wanted to reach out here.

I think you should have a second chance, absolutely. I hope that means something, as I'm not a GM, but one of the many people who participate in the site and read the forum posts.

However, I think there needs to be some demonstrated growth here before that occurs. Reading your post, I saw no real apology. You seem to be putting more energy into comparing your comments to others and justifying why you should still be playing in the SHL more than you are acknowledging what you have said, and how you recognize it was inappropriate. Without that, many of us here will get the impression that you don't recognize what got you suspended, and that can hurt the potential for empathy and understanding.

If you want to call out others for remarks you deem worse than yours, I will be an ally with you in that - but not ONLY for the fairness of it. Comments like the ones you linked of others r, and the ones you have said yourself, have no place in our pluralistic and accepting society. Invalidating a community based on sexual orientation is wrong, and I hope you recognize that, because nothing in your post genuinely reflected that idea.

Basically, you come across as saying "I should not have the punishment I did, because others said worse things and got away with it" while I empathize with your sense of justice and fair play, that does not exonerate you or mean you did anything "less wrong". This is a fallacy, and I think the SHL would be more understanding if you had taken this opportunity to admit to the things you were in control of that demonstrated intolerance, and how those comments (and links) were intolerant. And, how you plan to grow moving forward from this.

Like I said - I agree with your main point of unfair treatment. But where you lose me, and probably others in the SHL, is by prioritizing the idea that you think you should be punished less because others got away with comments they also should have received penalties for.

In the future, if you see anything you think is homophobic, be the first to call it out, and use yourself as a precedent as to how that person erred in being an accepting human being - something we value as a global society, and with the SHL as an extension of that society.

If that day comes, I'll be right there with you in support.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

06-30-2020, 01:33 PMjRuutu Wrote:
06-30-2020, 01:22 PMBarnabasCollins Wrote: I never ever posted a single spam recipe, that shit is nasty af
My thoughts exactly, it deserves an suspension.

06-30-2020, 01:29 PMml002 Wrote:

What are you trying to say? Is this some kind of thinly veiled remark?

I'm laughing at the density of your skull as you some how think that Gibbles posting recipes in drama threads at all should be punishable with a forum suspension or more. I commend you for your incredible mental gymnastics

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Hope he never finds out about Pushkin lol