Create Account

[SHN] Offseason Trades Part 1

07-21-2020, 11:43 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: This may be a weird take but I love that the SHN can spawn threads like this. I hope they keep doing their thing even if there were some odd consequences from this thread.

This too. It's not a weird take at all and there's a reason that SHN/SJHN were voted the best media writers in the player poll. We're finally getting really high quality & interesting media multiple times a week. They shouldn't stop what they're doing and Kez shouldn't stop explaining his piece. They're allowed to think these are good/bad trades and GM's are allowed to tell them why they're right/wrong.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

07-21-2020, 11:51 PMJNH Wrote: This too.  It's not a weird take at all and there's a reason that SHN/SJHN were voted the best media writers in the player poll.  We're finally getting really high quality & interesting media multiple times a week.  They shouldn't stop what they're doing and Kez shouldn't stop explaining his piece.  They're allowed to think these are good/bad trades and GM's are allowed to tell them why they're right/wrong.

What did you do with my GM?! Logic isn’t allowed here in Newfoundland.

Alright, back to my crease.
(Which is not in Chicago)

[Image: Wally.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020, 11:57 PM by Wally.)

Edit and reply should not be next to eachother.

07-21-2020, 11:48 PMJNH Wrote: I'm glad Kez provided his viewpoint on the deal.  It's really interesting and all getting the ol "thanks for the pleasant negotiations" but it's rare to get a GM's full, unbridled reasoning for what they did.  It's even more rare to have them specifically (and fairly respectfully) respond to criticism individually and address all of their points.

Same. While I don't agree with him, it's nice that the popularity of the SHN/SJHN media is getting GMs to be more open about their decision-making (especially in a world where there's no "fans" to be accountable to)

07-21-2020, 11:56 PMWally Wrote: Edit and reply should not be next to eachother.

Especially on mobile, where the buttons don't have any text

07-21-2020, 11:55 PMWally Wrote:
07-21-2020, 11:51 PMJNH Wrote: This too.  It's not a weird take at all and there's a reason that SHN/SJHN were voted the best media writers in the player poll.  We're finally getting really high quality & interesting media multiple times a week.  They shouldn't stop what they're doing and Kez shouldn't stop explaining his piece.  They're allowed to think these are good/bad trades and GM's are allowed to tell them why they're right/wrong.

What did you do with my GM?! Logic isn’t allowed here in Newfoundland.

Alright, back to my crease.
(Which is not in Chicago)
:wokepepe:

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

I just want to say Thun rules. One of the best dudes on the site.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2020, 02:14 AM by Andy.)

07-22-2020, 12:07 AMgrok Wrote:
07-21-2020, 11:48 PMJNH Wrote: I'm glad Kez provided his viewpoint on the deal.  It's really interesting and all getting the ol "thanks for the pleasant negotiations" but it's rare to get a GM's full, unbridled reasoning for what they did.  It's even more rare to have them specifically (and fairly respectfully) respond to criticism individually and address all of their points.

Same. While I don't agree with him, it's nice that the popularity of the SHN/SJHN media is getting GMs to be more open about their decision-making (especially in a world where there's no "fans" to be accountable to)

I completely agree. I think for people who are new or people who are returning to the site that seeing how their mind works. As a side note I remember when I first joined and GMs seemed to be these far away higher beings. But seeing Kez’s thoughts really humanizes him and for anyone new reading this our GMs really do try and give a shit.

On the argument on which was better it’s hard as teams get competitive and closer and saying one team wins a deal because they could win now, lose next season lose the following and then the season it doesn’t matter they won it. I love it both from the GM side and their opinion vs reading what the SHN article is supposed to provide.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

07-21-2020, 11:43 PMWally Wrote:
07-21-2020, 11:26 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: This is the issue he is raising. You say being too good in one attribute is bad because it will be over used, the glove is just a good example of that (though maybe hyperbolic). I don't really have any info on how goalies work, just pointing out that this is basically what you said.

Yes, I understand that. In no way, however, does this give reference to STHS. I left out the specific attributes and he simply took and embellished one purely to take context away from what point was trying to be made. That goalies don’t have to be as much as a wild card as some make it out to be in FHM.  I get that frustration... I really do. I’ve reached out to help some goalies for that reason. His comment has zero need nor is it constructive in any form. Hence the ‘asshole’ statement.  If he didn’t know what I was implying then he should just ask.
i think its just probing. You haven't really explained *why* it's hyperbolic

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

SHN confirmed FAKE NEWS

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

07-22-2020, 08:52 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
07-21-2020, 11:43 PMWally Wrote: Yes, I understand that. In no way, however, does this give reference to STHS. I left out the specific attributes and he simply took and embellished one purely to take context away from what point was trying to be made. That goalies don’t have to be as much as a wild card as some make it out to be in FHM.  I get that frustration... I really do. I’ve reached out to help some goalies for that reason. His comment has zero need nor is it constructive in any form. Hence the ‘asshole’ statement.  If he didn’t know what I was implying then he should just ask.
i think its just probing. You haven't really explained *why* it's hyperbolic

Fair, but I have... To those that have asked.

07-22-2020, 09:07 AMWally Wrote:
07-22-2020, 08:52 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: i think its just probing. You haven't really explained *why* it's hyperbolic

Fair, but I have... To those that have asked.

dont be coy big boy

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

07-22-2020, 09:23 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
07-22-2020, 09:07 AMWally Wrote: Fair, but I have... To those that have asked.

dont be coy big boy

Lol... first time being called big boy here. Drinks later?

07-22-2020, 09:28 AMWally Wrote:
07-22-2020, 09:23 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: dont be coy big boy

Lol... first time being called big boy here. Drinks later?

I only drink at femboy hooters

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

07-22-2020, 10:15 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
07-22-2020, 09:28 AMWally Wrote: Lol... first time being called big boy here. Drinks later?

I only drink at femboy hooters

I live in Madison, WI... Your options are endless.