Create Account

S55 SMJHL PT #1 - Season Goals

For Vili coming into his first SMJHL season and being drafted to the expansion, Nevada Battleborn his season goals are very simple. To get 195 shot blocks and 185 hits. For Vili these stats are his biggest strengths to his game. Applying the physical pressure as a defensive defenseman and blocking that many shots is his bread and butter and he's determined to bring that type of game to Nevada. Why those numbers? Well last season the shot block leader was Will Windsor with 185, Vili just added 10 for good measure. For hits, Edward Williams a forward finished the season with 179 and Slimey Snail finished as a defenseman with 177, so for Vili Afalava the marker of 185 hits isn't as far fetched. Outside of those specific numbers, Vili Afalava just wants to bring pride to his team, his family and his country. Being the first Tongan to ever play in the SMJHL carries a lot of pressure from the tiny island in the pacific.

167 Words

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

The goal for Calvin Hobbes during the first SHL season is to provide a solid performance on ice performance on ice during the limited opportunities as a rookie.
The start of the season wasn't as good for Calvin as it was for the team. The team showed a solid 6-2 win over Anaheim, but Calvin posted a very poor performance on the face-off dot with a win percentage of 16.7 %. With the goal for the season being a win % of at least 55%, the performance yesterday is not up to par and is something that definitely needs to improve as the season moves along. 
The positive note from the game would be the +/- 0 where the goal is to remain on the positive side.
Being a more offensive oriented player, Calvin is hoping and working hard to be noted down for at least 20 points during the season, a high goal perhaps with limited ice time, but to become the best, you have to aim high!

170 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

As a first time player, I guess my first objective is to get to see how things work in this league. I want to know what needs to be done on a weekly/seasonal basis, what works in term of player development, what takes time, etc. Next, I want to know and see what works in terms of team tactics, how to build a team, what goes behind roster decisions, etc. As far as my character is concerned, here is what I see happening.

Marcel wants to focus on his individual training, and at the same time getting as many starts as he can. He would absolutely love to get a few clutch wins for the team during the season, as he wants to feel he's contributing to the team's success. Building camaraderie, getting the foundations for a strong work ethics, are all goals he aspires to. Of course, he wishes the Raptors could make it to the Four Star Cup finals, and come up big for the team. It would definitely help him make the jump to the SHL, but above all he wants to be in a winning environment, aided by his personal performances.

[Image: XbtwzDW.png]

Signature courtesy of Lord Jumbo.

My goals in my first SMJHL season are not really any individual stats. I want to help my team as much as I can to be successful. I think the best way I can achieve that goal, is to train hard and improve as much as possible every week. I expect to get a good amount of playing time this season already, which is nice on the one side, but also a burden on the other. I don‘t want to hold back my team from winning, that‘s why I have to be the best part of me already. And push myself further to reach my limit and surpass it from game to game, from week to week. I have to train as hard as I can to overcome my weaknesses and help my team winning. I can learn a lot from my teammates, we have some really strong players on the team, and I will take the chance to raise up. At the end of the season there is still enough time to take a look at stats and individual stuff, but this is nothing I‘m longing for. I‘m happy about every chance I get and will give my best to pay back the trust my team sets into me.

As a small town boy, and a first generation talent in the hockey world; I need to work hard and train hard to prove myself.  For this reason, my primary goals are training focused! To accomplish this I will need to take every opportunity to train hard improving my fitness and skating. This will help me become accustomed to the pace of the league and be able to contribute more to my team getting in on a rush or being back and in position to help stop the opponents transitions. 

With the help of the coaching staff here in Detroit, I would like to also improve my defensive reads and face-offs to be consistently dependable in defensive situations and on the penalty kill.  Getting regular time on the penalty kill has and always will be a long term focus of mine even after my rookie season so getting a good start in my rookie season is a must to my future success!

[Image: 8F99koM.png]

Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Falcons

For this season, my biggest hope is that I have a prolific first season. I was not drafted and picked up off of waivers, so I’m hoping to prove that I was worth the pick. I see my player as a selfless one that focuses much more on passing than scoring, so I’m hoping to get a high amount of points through assists (preferably at least 20 assists although I understand that is a somewhat lofty goal). I have had experience with sim leagues before and have experienced success, so I’m hoping that my experiences from those other leagues are able to translate over to the SHL and that I am able to eventually make a good enough impression on head scouts and other GMs to the point where I am drafted in the first round. I would like to win a championship too while I am in the minor leagues, so I’m hoping that all of these things are able to combine and I am able to have a successful season, boosting my draft stock as well as leading the team to a championship.

Newcomer left wing Lemo Pihl of Estonia is looking forward to getting to know the lay of the land in this great league and settling in with his new junior team, the Anchorage Armada. Profiling himself as a balanced two-way counterattacking forward, he looks to focus on advancing his skills for play at both ends of the ice, in all situations, but first and foremost wants to prove to be a responsible and reliable member of the team and a pain in the opposition’s neck with his defensive awareness, busy stickchecking and crisp passing. 

Coming to Alaska from practically the other side of the northern hemisphere, Lemo will need to adjust to more than just a new team, but he feels confident that his language skills and earnest, hard-working but friendly personality will allow him to find his feet quickly in the new settings.

Statistics-wise, while a lucky goal or two would be a great bonus in his rookie season, his main aspirations will be to stay positive in the +/- column and also chip in some assists from time to time.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

For Big Bud’s, as some people call him, first season in the SMJHL, he is looking for the excitement of playing his first professional hockey season. He knows as you go up the ranks, it gets harder to wheel on the ice, but easier off. His main goal is to pounds some Buds with the boys and wheel them big city slams. On the ice, his three goals are to lay some lumber, chip in some apples, and get PAID. His first goal is to finish top 10 in hits per game with at least four and possibly send two guys to the hospital. Next, he is all about the boys, so he wants to chipin the apples after some dirty sauces with about 1 apple every other game. His final expectation includes playing a good enough year to sign a big ticket. As for the team, he hopes to play on a competitive playoff team with the championship as the primary goal. Bud says, “If you ain’t first, your last.”

[Image: budweiser.png]

Being on an expansion team, I'll see a lot more time on the ice than I would on any other team. I don't think we will do that great at first but it does give me an opportunity to shine that I wouldn't have had if I was drafted by another team so I want to show that I can compete even if our roster is almost only rookies.

I'm more offensively oriented so I want to participate to our team's offense as much as possible. The first couple of games have shown me that I might need to focus more on defense for the time being, though. If I have to put numbers on my expectations, I'd say I would be happy with 20ish points and get a good amount of blocked shots.  I think that's how I can contribute to the team's success defensively because I'm not much of a hitter.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 05:12 AM by Salming.)

My main goal is to keep my spot in the roster whole season. I have played so far all games in the fourth line and I want to keep trying to make some kind of impact from there with my linemates Jst Maro and Zach Dolphin. Maybe if we do well, we might get more ice time as a group. I have played about 10-12 minutes per night so far and my goal is to solidify my ice time to about 12 minutes per game even though I am not in special teams.

When it comes to player development, I am happy about my offensive stats. Shooting, passing and puckhandling attributes are between 12 and 13 so I don't need to develop those areas anymore this season. I will focus to develop my defensive attributes and physicality. It would be cool to have all defensive stats (expect faceoffs) above 10. Speed and acceleration needs most improvement from physical side.

Word count: 179

[Image: salming.png]

Valtteri Aalto is going to have a learning year with the Detroit Falcons, with Thor Odinson currently the undisputed starter for them, Aalto will be looking for whatever he can get when he does get the call. The minimum to start a backup goalie is currently at 6 games, but I hope with Aalto’s progress, he could see around 10 games+ and with those games, if Aalto can keep his team at a .500 win percentage would also be a real treat. Then go down the stat categories, would like to see goals against hover under the 3.00 mark, and save percentage .800+ would also be ideal, maybe a shutout or two but that could be pushing it and that would be a sign of a job well down in his first season, and hopefully good things to come. Obviously the biggest thing we would all like to see is a Four Star cup, and the Falcons definitely have a shot at it and that would be the topping on the cake for everyone!

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

While Vladmir expects the most out of all his brothers, and the best for all of them, he does have one personal goal that his brothers do not know about. That goal is simple, be the best Petrov there is. Vladmir has always been the protector, the goon, if you will, with all of his brothers, and finally his time is changing. Vladmir has continued to work diligently on his stick skills and his skating skills to the point you couldn’t even tell he was a Goon before. Vladmir will still always stick up for his brothers and will still break faces if he needs to if one is in trouble, but at the end of the day he needs to tout over them that he is, in fact, the best Petrov brother. He puts in so much extra time when his brothers are sleeping, that it will hopefully come to fruition this season in the Minors, when he hoists trophies and awards and his brothers do not. Nothing wrong with some sibling rivalry.

(174 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Being a new player on an expansion teams makes setting in-sim point goals very difficult to set, but I have a couple out of sim things I want to complete. I want to reach 300 TPE by the end of the regular season, which will set me up to be at first tier SMJHL cap by the time my second season rolls around. I think this is a very easily attainable goal for myself to reach and will help my team in doing so. My other big goal is returning to proper levels of activity after a couple failed players and a long hiatus. I've been doing better getting acclimated to Discord and so far I've been nailing my PTs, but I've been bumbling on a media for about a week so I need to buckle down and commit to completing that and posting more on the boards. They're goals that should be easy enough to complete and will help both the Nevada Battleborn and my draft stock and enjoyment of the site.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

Honestly, the biggest thing for me on this player is just figuring out Franchise Hockey Manager. I’m excited to be able to build the player I want to build, and focus on certain aspects of his game, but having an idea for Zdenko and then building Zdenko into that idea rattling around my vast expanse of nothingness that I try to pass off as a brain are two different things entirely.

I don’t have any goals as far as stats or anything like that, really. I just want to figure this out a little bit and do what I can to start building Zdenko in the right direction.

I’m also really excited and optimistic for Quebec City as a team, despite being an expansion franchise. It’s a great locker room with some awesome people who I think will be huge for us moving forward. I’d love to see the team grow even more as the season progresses and start building towards an eventual Four Star Cup … something I’ve never won with any of my players.

Zach Evans | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Training hard is what i do to achieve my goal!!!!
[Image: d76SE5M.png]