Create Account

S55 mPT #1 - Home Ice Advantage

I feel like the Calgary Dragons easily have this one in the bag. Like their arena it seems is a freakin chicken parm? Imagine having to play with that smell constantly teasing you. Good freakin luck

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Hamilton Steelhawks play significantly better at home because of our goal song. We need Ben Waters to let us know when we just scored a goal, otherwise it's just too confusing. Also Gabe is good.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

For the Colorado Raptors, the home ice advantage lies in the tunnels around the arena. While the Raptors only have to walk a mere twenty seconds to reach the ice; the away team has to walk nearly four minutes before reaching the bench. This puts them out of breath before they even step on the ice.

[Image: IYqjgDl.png]

The Calgary Dragons have a huge home ice advantage at the Big Parm. While the Dragons are quite used to the savory aroma of all the parms being made it's quite distracting to visiting teams and seems to get them off their game.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

New Orleans is obviously the team with the biggest home field advantage. Nwe Orleans is a great city with a lot of tradition and great sports teams and they are just very ferocious and often drunk!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

The Winnipeg Jets obviously have the best home ice advantage. No one in their right mind enjoys the trip to Winnipeg's cold boring average city as far North as one can get in the SHL.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Anaheim has the most home-field advantage. Our goal song is so legit, that people come to games just for it, proving all the support for the team.

The Anchorage Armada has the largest home ice advantage due to Acsolap constantly throwing marbles under the skates of opposing players and shining laser pointers directly into the eyes of the opposing goalie. The league has tried multiple times to get him to stop but then the home fans just started doing it as well.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 01:46 AM by Patty.)

It's gotta be Chicago.  I mean it's pretty clear they're run by the mob.  I know everyone else is too afraid to say it out loud.  But seriously the rink is covered in a haze of cigar smoke and they only serve Italian food in the arena.  Everytime I walk in there I hear threats to people's knee caps it's horrible.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

In terms of Home Ice Advantage, it’s clear there is no other team other than the Newfoundland Berserkers themselves who carry the greatest amount that other teams are rabidly jealous of at this point. This primarily stems from the work of not the head GM jnh but the devious efforts of none other than SDCore himself. Let’s start off with the obvious. SDCore may try to hide as the lowly Co-GM of the Newfoundland Berserkers, but he also holds the current title of SHL Commissioner. It’s not out of the bounds of imagination that while he has laid low for the most part, leaving much of the dirty work to his compatriots nour and JNH in his respective jobs, that if it came down to it and Newfoundland needed that extra push, the nefarious SDCore would declare himself reborn as the Phoenix King and take control over all of the SHL in order to give whatever Newfoundland needed to secure that extra edge. I wouldn’t be surprised that he’s already pulled some strings considering that the team won the 1st overall pick in the S54 SMJHL draft.

[Image: Afh0G0g.png]

That’s just the scariest card that Newfoundland holds as a potential home advantage. As it stands right now, there’s only one current plan that has been put into place and that is the implementation recently of the Jaja Ding Dong as the new Newfoundland goal song. Not only has it rallied the team together in continuing to be pumped up about the prospect of scoring a goal and doubly so when the team does get to light the red lamp, it has also caused the rest of the league to paint the Berserkers as the bad guys. While this might seem like a bad thing, this “us against the world” mentality has only continued to pull the team together even further, falling into a cult like bond in which we can only follow the great leader SDCore and ensure that we:

[Image: tenor.gif]

There’s also another level to Operation Play Jaja Ding Dong. Now teams are muting the stream whenever they face Newfoundland at home. Even if you have a pump up song request for your own team, do you risk hearing it as well as waves of Jaja Ding Dong? Hearing a generic goal horn for your own team as you score an away goal would be huge. But again, the risk of having jaja ding dong ring in your ears has become too great of a fear. Teams, especially those who are lower in the standings, are dreading playing away games at Newfoundland and actively look ahead to prepare to know when they need to mentally brace for the worst. I don’t think there was a single team that I would have considered playing home/away to be much of a significant difference in the last couple seasons of FHM. However with the ability to have custom goal horns and the introduction of HAHA DING DONG, it’s very clear that with this one change alone that its affected the team’s morale as well as opponents everywhere.

It’s already a well known fact that you already have the legion of jaja ding dong praise

Quote:This can only be the Newfoundland Berserkers, at least in the J. They got JAJA DING DONG on their side. And if that's not enough, they also got (Clean) Andrei, I don't think you need anything else.
Quote:The Newfoundland Berserkers have the best home ice advantage because every travelling team knows that the Slaughter House has declared they will only play "Jaja Ding Dong" during every stoppage in play. There is no other team in the J that even understands the obsession NL has with Eurovision
Quote:I would say the Newfoundland Berserkers have the most significant home ice advantage. Firstly, they are located very far away from most teams not Maine or Quebec City. Newfoundlanders tend to be loud and can become party animals which makes for loud arenas. The second advantage is their wonderful new goal horn which plays Jaja Ding Dong which is a well loved song by some but hated by others. Some may call it annoying and some teams in the league get frustrated by it.
Quote:You have the goal horn. An audacious, yet devilishly crafted hymn to both procreation, and the time-honored animated classic, The Simpsons. I see nothing but beauty in every note of the now-fabled "HA! HA! DING DONG" that emanates in St. John's Harbor every time the opposing team fails to contain the absolute Drakkar-full of talented players.

And those who recognize its power speaking about it in this very PT:

Quote:Newfoundland's goal horn alone makes them a tremendous opponent to play against, because Jaja Ding Dong although being a good song, would become absolutely infuriating to hear over and over as your team gets lit up and would definitely make anyone lose focus on the game.
Quote:I think Newfoundland has the biggest home advantage in the SMJHL solely because of their goal horn. Can you imagine around 20k people all screaming HAHA DING DONG simultaneously every time they score a goal? That has to affect the opposing team's morale big time.

Code:
WC for OC content: 523

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

I would say that each team has crazy home ice advantage. We saw multiple times in Play-Offs that no matter what team you are - you will win if you are home team. Anyway - I would say that Stampede has craziest home ice advantage, just because of their legendary history and loyal fanbase. Opinions might be different, but Stampede was looking really good playing at home all last season and I think that will continue this season aswell.

Talking about SMJHL - that’s a bit harder topic. I think that last season Kraken had insane home ice advantage and that’s why they won the cup, but this season it’s not so big advantage for them. Could be more interesting this season, but this season home ice advantage in SMJHL could be more for Raptors and Knights.

Anyway - in general, I think that every team has similar situation and there isn’t really big home advantage for any of teams, just because of how this simtool works.

Stars Stars Stars

It is clear that Chicago has the best home ice advantage.  We aren't named the Syndicate for nothing.  Hey officials, you treat us nice, we treat you nice.  Everyone wins.

The Maine Timber have the best home ice advantage in the league. The stadium is located in the woods outside of town and more than once an entire team got lost and had to forfeit their game.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Not only is the St. Louis Gateway Arch a brilliant display of human ingenuity, but it is also a scientific marvel. Many people do not know that the St. Louis Arch is the largest and most powerful magnet in America. The St. Louis Scarecrows understand this and use it to their advantage.
It's no coincidence that opposing teams in St. Louis appear slower than they usually do. The magnetic pull from the Arch makes skating a difficult task. The Scarecrows have been able to counteract this effect by using metal-free equipment when they play at home.

98 Words

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Anyone NOT saying Newfoundland is fooling themselves, the power of JAJA DINGDONG (ding dong) is too fucking STRONG, because love expands when i'm with you, all over the milky way. I wanna open up to you all day, all day

Alright everyone, move your body

woo

Simply put, Newfoundland is life, Newfoundland is love.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]