Create Account

S55 mPT #2 - Behind the Username

08-03-2020, 02:57 PMKC15 Wrote: The KC is for Kansas City, my hometown.  I've been a KC Royals fan since their first year in 1969.  We won the Series in 1985, but I was out of the country at the time and could only follow via the International Herald Tribune.  We won in 2015 and I got to see every single game live.  The 15 is for 2015.

kc represent!

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

This one is super easy. For me my dad's first AOL user id was stuartnz, Stuart from New Zealand. So I basically just ended up stealing it at somepoint. Tomasnz Tomas from nz. I like it cause it is my name and it is where I am from and so far I have never seen it taken.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

08-03-2020, 11:24 AMhotdog Wrote: i actually don't even like the food of hotdogs that much....... don't tell bojo..... I thought I didn't have a discord account but when I accessed a discord for SHL I was surprised to see I did, in fact, make an account? I had no recollection of making one, but apparently I did, and the name was hotdog69. I think  it's because "hotdog" is a funny word and it's often the word on my mind (like if someone tells me SAY A WORD RIGHT NOW there's a good chance it'll be hotdog) so that's why I (apparently) made it my discord name and now that's my name here

Tell us about your first no quite forgotten SHL user name then...

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Its quite personal. It was my first nickname that was given to me at school. My real name is Krišs ("š"pronounces like "sh") so my nickname was just some derivation of it. I was called like that all the time until i got 16 I think. When I joined to SHL I figured out to use my old school nickname and put some numbers with it. 18 because of my birth date. Nothing original about that really.

In alternate universe I could have picked my that time my top username "DjPythagoras"

My full username was Van Hooligan X but I changed it to a shorter version cause I wasn't 15 years old anymore. I like the best NA esports team (That doesn't fucking choke like Team Liquid or TSM) so put C9 in front of it like magic!

[50-ish words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

my very creative username on site was born from my email at work. All my logins used it and I was feeling like doxxing myself was a great idea. I looked at my drivers license to confirm how to spell it, and then at my passport just to double check. Then I made the decision to make it my name. I might shorten it to reid pretty soon just cause I like that better

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Jesus... :D I like American Pie movie and there was that Stifler.. And in Latvia there was one reality show where was one guy who named himself as latvian stifler.. I just put word ''lil'' and that's it.. But it doesn't mean that I'm rapper :D

I had a player previously named Stuart Minkus from Boy Meets World and at the time Lil B the Based God was a fun meme. I combined the two and that is how you got BasedMinkus. I have thought about changing it but Luke thought it was BasedMiniskus so it will have to stay now.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

well, Carlos starts with a C, then after that Brown starts with a B. So CB.

Then, 22 is a day and 12 is a month, coinciding with an important day in someone's life. thus was born CB2212.

Thank you

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020, 11:30 AM by Thunfish.)

The root of the username goes way beyond its' creation but I don't really remember where that started. That said, my username proper is a pun on tuna and either the town of Thun in Switzerland or thunder (which is more likely, since Rio de Janeiro, my hometown, is infamous for its' storms). There might be an old Mortal Kombat OC or a Sonic OC related to this though, I'll see if I can remember it properly one day.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

The reason behind my username is pretty simple, it is my initials for the first three letters and the number is my fraternity number from back in college.  I have used this name on just about every site I am on.

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Since the late 90's I've spent a week at the beach with my cousins every summer. One of the cousins had a PS2, so he would bring it and we would play it late at night, otherwise the aunts/uncles would get upset "You could be doing this in Bayonne, New Jersey. You're at the beach, go enjoy the ocean!". We had Tony Hawk (the original. not those smut sequels), Crash Bandicoot, every game in the Cabela's Hunting series, Medal of Honor, and the best game of all time: NHL Hitz: 20-03. Each year we would make a custom franchise. Each cousin would get a roster player, outfitted with a custom body and head (lizard, totem, pig, baby, etc.). We would play 3 players on the team, all locked in (no player changing), and the most productive player would get to stay in the next period and the other 2 would switch out, or if you lost a fight, you were done for the night, just like the actual Hitz gameplay. After a week of staying up until 3 wolfing beers and pushing the Thrashers through the glass, we ended up with a maxed out team.
The following years we would check our progress against previous teams by scrimmaging the titanic teams of years past. As we grew and improved, our playstyles evolved, and one player from the oldest team slowly grew in value. His name was Julio Tokolosh. He was the only player beneath 6'2" (at a minimum 5'4") and beneath 200 lbs (146 lbs). A cows head and a speedster play style, Julio was the only player whose stats focused on speed and finesse and less on being able to beat Chris Pronger in a fistfight.
When creating in the SHL, I wanted my player to embody the Julio Tokolosh play style. When prompted to choose a render, I filled out Dion Phaneuf, as he was the most cow-like in appearance (maybe Matt Cooke was closer, but I didn't want him on my page). A few weeks later after seeing that the render's didn't really matter, I formally switched to the cow.
The Hitz teams were stocked with names like Mr. Ass, Gunther, Old Gregg, Haywood Jablomi, Hugh Janus, etc. Tokolosh was named for the Zulu myth and had the name Julio randomly assigned. I believe it was because of the player's impish stature that the name came up.
When I think of my favorite hockey players from the early 2000's Tokolosh immediately pops into my mind alongside Roenick, Messier, and Lemioux because that was my first exposure to the sport of hockey.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

My username is LordBirdman because growing up, my nickname was “first name”-Bird. When I got to college one of my friends found out and slowly shifted my nickname to Birdman. When I created here, Birdman was already taken so for some reason my brain though to give myself lordship and I thus became LordBirdman.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

My username is pretty straight forward. I am a huge Anaheim Ducks fan and live in Canada. The Ducks were my 2nd favorite team, but became my #1 as I got older.

My username is not very original at all. It is simply an amalgamation of names of family members since they are some of my favorite people ever. When it comes to creating something I'm not very original so I default to something I know.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]