Create Account

S55 mPT #2 - Behind the Username

I think this one will be fascinating for everyone to read through:

What's the story behind your username? Why is that your username on this site?

25 words minimum; if the real reason is too personal and you don't want to share, just make something up - no one will know.

This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements; no participation+ for this one, sorry.
This PT will close Sunday, August 9th at 11:59pm ET.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 12:57 AM by hockeyiscool.)

Sadly not a great story on the username. I thought it would just be funny to have the name hockeyiscool on a site about hockey. I considered naming myself reddit for the recruitment TPE but I thought that was super lame and would just cause a hassle for people on the site.

My username is just my player name, RotticusScott. I kind of wish I had a different name, and plan on changing it at some point, but currently I am too broke, and don't know how to change it.

[Image: rotti.gif]

I mean this is pretty obvious. I am slm. That becomes iamslm. Favorite number is 22. Squish it together. And there you go. That is the story of my name and that is why it is. boom.

My name is Skeleton Party. I based it on my steam/discord name of Skeleton Sex Party, but I wasn't sure if I'd get insta-banned for having that name here when I first signed up, so I shortened it. I originally took the name Skeleton Sex Party because I started playing Rocket League and I wanted something funny and shocking to show up really big on the screen when I scored a goal.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

I wish I had some super awesome and creative story behind my username but I don't. It is a portion of my last name and it makes me giggle because it is the words trap and hag. That's it. That's the story.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

My name has pretty simple origins @cpetrella is my first initial and my last name, which is no secret by now. To shorten it, people on here started calling me trella and it stuck. Thats why i go by now on here so I officially changed my username.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 12:16 AM by sve7en.)

Just the handle I've used for about the last decade. A lot of people think it's because I like the movie Se7en, but I just like the number 7, to the point where I often ride with just "7" instead of sve7en.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

08-03-2020, 12:03 AMiamslm22 Wrote: I mean this is pretty obvious. I am slm. That becomes iamslm. Favorite number is 22. Squish it together. And there you go. That is the story of my name and that is why it is. boom.

oh neat i always thought this was an homage to the pet food brand simulation game IAMS LM 22

thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 12:08 AM by JamesT.)

Code:

My initial thought process behind "James Truong" was that it was going to be my player name, but I accidentally made it my username on the site and unfortunately cannot change it. It also happens to be my real name as well  Blush

Code:
43 words

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 12:08 AM by Zoone16.)

Zoone comes from the word Ozone but with the first 2 letters rearraged. I had the single Drago Steadin Tei (a.k.a: the Numa Numa song) on my desk when I needed a username. The band that made the song? O-Zone.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

08-03-2020, 12:07 AMJames Truong Wrote:
Code:

My initial thought process behind "James Truong" was that it was going to be my player name, but I accidentally made it my username on the site and unfortunately cannot change it. It also happens to be my real name as well  Blush

lol

Armada Inferno norway

it is my IRL last name so i electe to use it as well here ya know im a real creative guy hehe pretty cool

25 words

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

My name, MCP, stands for Mediocre Clarinet Player (or Micheal Cera Pen as my current profile picture would indicate). I chose it because I've played clarinet since the beginning of middle school, continuing to this day. And also I'm fairly average, due to the fact I can't be assed to practice every now and then.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Aight so get this, my real name is Matt. Shocking, right? So, my names Matt and Im like, shit, I want Matt but that's so basic. How many people are named Matt? At least 3 on this site, and one of this has the username Matt, I think. So I thought, I need to differentiate my name somehow--make it longer and distinctive. Maatt? No, that's lame and doesn't flow well. No one uses Z though, so like... hey. If I just slide a Z in between two A's that makes it a whole new name so that's what I did cause I'm basic af.

Code:
111 words

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]