Create Account

S55 mPT #2 - Behind the Username

I used to go by "Rankin37" on a lot of things, and then people just started calling me "Rankle" as a nickname for that, and it stuck.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

honestly my name is from a rap song by Skepta. i was really feeling the song at the time and it's a pretty cool name so i just rolled with it

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

There is no cool story attached with my username. It's simply just what I used when I first started playing online games (CoD4) when I was younger. I have no idea why I picked it then, probably because I lack creativity.

Falcons Canada

Not much here. Originally it was Winston because my original player's name was Chance Winston. Got recruited to jump ship to play for Russian national team and then ended up changing my player's name to Luka Zaitsev. To avoid confusion, changed username as well. Just left it since then.

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

Well I liked the idea of being a "citizen of something" so I needed to find what that something is. Went to the internet, checked something along the lines of "Ancient Rome city name generator", liked Adraa, and well that's it.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

My username is Bongo. My Playstation network name contains the word 'bongo' because it sort of rhymes with my surname. I use bongo for pretty much everything. it's a funny word and I will continue to use it. I may name my next player Bongo. - or Johnny Sex.

Basically my username comes from my initials and a number combo my parents gave me in my first email address and it's just stuck with me ever since.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

It comes from a combination of a fandom and school near to my heart.

Gooner - a name used to refer to a fan of Arsenal FC

Bear - from the nickname for students and alumni of Baylor University

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

There is absolutely nothing interesting about my username. I created it based off my player. JT3 = Jon Toner, #3. Trying to decide now if my next player will follow the same format

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

I think my username is a pretty obvious one. Though it did come around because my original xbox gamertag got me suspended and I was forced to change it when my 24 hour suspension was over. So when I changed it about 6 years ago I was watching Archer pretty hardcore (still do love it) and it was just too good not to use.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Well this name dates back about 20 years to when I first got into online gaming. I needed a user name and couldn't think of anything. I was playing C&C Tiberian Sun at the time and the disc was sitting in front of me so I used that, Tib_Sun. A week later I forgot the password and had to make a new name Tib_Sun_2. From there I made a "Clan" (Don't judge me) for Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear which had some good online friends who would eventually go their own way leaving me as the lone member. The clan's name was Chyenne which I had shortened to "CHE". While the clan had folded I was quite proud of my attempt to try and organize everything and kept the name Chetib. Most of my online names currently spawn from that old name being a combination of Che, Tib or Sun (Tibuk Soonika being and expanded Tib Sun that I made from my old Star Wars Galaxies character).

And that is the story of Tib.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

I though Jesse Puljujarvi was a pretty cool player before he ran off to Finland. So, I named my username accoridngly as an Oilers fan.

[Image: IYqjgDl.png]

The reason I chose Cyanide for my username was because cyanide is a super versatile substance. Its used in paper, textiles and plastics. Its that same versatility that I try to make my players.

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 03:03 PM by SAwful.)

I'm literally just "So Awful".
Also, there's the Something Awful forums, bring back good memories from my youth.
Also, if you're from the south and you're trying to say, "That's awful...", most of the time is just comes out, "S'awful...".

It's just dumb really.

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

my super creative side took over when i made my username to join this hockey board. i could have used my joke name like tampawn, but i settled on the a name that truly depicted who i am. j which is my first initial and tam which is my last name. I know. mind blown. i'm not very creative.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]