Create Account

Open letter:Expansion GM announcement

08-14-2020, 07:51 PMAcsolap Wrote:
08-14-2020, 07:48 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Oof is this for real? This combined with the allegations that not everyone was interviewed is pretty concerning.

Not everyone? You mean no one was interviewed.

Damn, I took Tomas' post to mean that only some of the applicants received interviews. But to hear that none of them got interviews, which should be a very basic part of the process, that's inexcusable.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Who actually did get an interview or response? Anyone?

lmao wtf is an interview

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

08-14-2020, 07:56 PMAcsolap Wrote:
08-14-2020, 07:52 PM39alaska39 Wrote: In some way, I’m glad to know it’s not just me

Want to preface this by saying that Hotdog and Tig are absolutely deserving and I have no issues with either of them getting a team. However, to be the second longest (tied with Tig) serving junior GM in site history and not even receive a courtesy message to say they've selected someone else for the job. It's pretty grating man.
Shit man, I agree. Between you, Daft and I, we all have a ton of relevant experience to not even get a message back, it’s crushing

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Big Yikes to HO.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

08-14-2020, 07:47 PMImShiny Wrote: HO what is you doin girl

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

08-14-2020, 07:46 PMDaftRaincloud Wrote: Just putting it out there I spent 8+ hours on a 30 minute video outlining my expansion bid and never received a single message from anyone in head office. Feels like a massive waste of my time to never even get acknowledged.
You know how huge this is when he spent longer working on the video than he did trading players he just put on the block

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

if this is the drama we're getting, it's way stupider and more boring than the last shl expansion drama

zzz

If the worst criticism from expansion ends up being that HO wasn't nice enough to the applicants, I consider this entire process a resounding success!

[Image: rotti.gif]

08-14-2020, 08:00 PMjeffie43 Wrote:
08-14-2020, 07:46 PMDaftRaincloud Wrote: Just putting it out there I spent 8+ hours on a 30 minute video outlining my expansion bid and never received a single message from anyone in head office. Feels like a massive waste of my time to never even get acknowledged.
You know how huge this is when he spent longer working on the video than he did trading players he just put on the block

Was that really necessary? Imagine taking a swing at a guy like this. Like what's the point, what do you gain here? Do you just get off on kicking people while they're down? Some general sense of inadequacy because your parents didn't praise you enough, so you've only ever learned how to make yourself feel good by taking others down?

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

08-14-2020, 08:08 PMRotticusScott Wrote: If the worst criticism from expansion ends up being that HO wasn't nice enough to the applicants, I consider this entire process a resounding success!

I mean, they could at least respond to the people who put in work to apply.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

08-14-2020, 08:12 PMLeppish Wrote:
08-14-2020, 08:08 PMRotticusScott Wrote: If the worst criticism from expansion ends up being that HO wasn't nice enough to the applicants, I consider this entire process a resounding success!

I mean, they could at least respond to the people who put in work to apply.

Agreed. Looks like a serious lack of effort from what we've seen on the side of HO so far. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but so far all that's known publicly is that they didn't interview everyone and haven't done what should be basic due diligence.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

08-14-2020, 07:48 PMfrithjofr Wrote: This is the closest I've ever seen Tomas to rage. It's like your dad saying he's not angry, he's just disappointed.

I also want to add that I worked for hours writing up, reviewing and editing a roughly 5.5~ page application within Google docs, and days coordinating with a pair of artists from my would-be expansion city to commission branding and logos that were faithful to the culture and heritage of the city's people, happily paying them for their work out of my own pocket. I knew spending money on this didn't guarantee I would get the position, but I had a clear vision that I wanted to honor.

While I was disappointed not to have gotten the expansion nod, it is what it is. What truly upset me was not receiving a single message from anyone involved in the hiring process acknowledging my application.

The logos I had commissioned, for what it's worth.
We already had the Aztecs down there

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Hey so, I'll address some of this stuff here point by point.

I'm not entirely following the logic of being happy with the hirings we chose and also feeling like the process was rushed. Tig and Hotdog were HANDS DOWN the best options for the job, we all provided internal commentary on every single application we received and thoroughly reviewed every single one with the help of all HO members and the owners. It's easy to say the process appeared rushed from the outside looking in when you've seen none of the apps and weren't a part of the process, but we picked the best set of GMs for this team and we have an insane amount of confidence in both of these following their experience and application.

Head Office has had almost no precedent for follow up interviews for jobs. If that's something you guys would like I'm definitely not saying no, I think any suggestions to improve the application process is more than welcome, but I don't like the insinuation that we didn't do our due diligence on this hiring. And to be quite honest, yeah the apps we received from Hotdog and Tig were quite literally in a league of their own. We reviewed every single app and we found a few that were on par with their apps (all of which we DID in fact reach out to, anyone who was a finalist we touched based with following the hiring).

Again to this next point, I'm not OPPOSED to giving feedback at all, but that's never been done in the past at all and no one complained. That's something we can explore going forward but I'm not fully understanding the anger stemming from us not doing something we've never done before to no complaints. Not to mention that the expansion process is more than just selecting GMs, we need to set rules for selecting coGMs, we need to figure out divisional realignments for the new playoff format, we need to figure out deadline dates for protection lists, and so much more to prep for expansion. We had 14 apps, I'd love to be able to sit down and talk to all of them but we have a lot to do, and again, we DID our due diligence in the process to ensure we picked the best people possible (case in point, no one has an issue with who we actually hired).

Idk, I don't want to invalidate anyone's feelings here, like I said we are open to exploring application feedback and hiring interviews in the future, but the insinuation that we're treating this like its not a big deal feels unfounded when we have been discussing these apps, debating and weighing options for days now. I'm positive we did the what was needed during this process and we have picked the best people, not by luck, but through hard work from everyone involved.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

What a take. Don't even message guys back who have spent multiple years on the site working towards increasing the player base.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]