Create Account

S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub

A quick glance at the eligible skaters made me think of making the argument for either Trevor Wilson or Alex Light, but one look at the goalies and seeing Beaujeaux Biscuit as an eligible HOFer makes my decision that much easier. This is hands down the player that should make it into the Hall of Fame next, no question. One of the most "famous" players in league history, I would wager. Not only does he have the numbers of one of the all time greatest goalies in league history, but he has the reputation to back it up. This is an inspiring player. One who played a long time, and really left his mark on the league. I wonder how many goalies out there became goalies because of seeing this guy for so long. He had an insane playoff run in S47 that resulted in a cup win, and he absolutely led the way, which is crucial for getting a goalie into the hall. Legendary player, all time goalie, and has the name value that almost no one else does in league history.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Robert Phelps deserves to walk right into the Hall of fame. He has been a top player in the league for years and as active as it gets. He has done so much off the ice but too focus on what his player has done on the ice to make the HOF we can start with looking at him being over 900 career points! With close to 1000 games played and over 300 goals and 500 assists his numbers speak for themselves. He has been a leader and won multiple cups during his career at both the SMJHL and the SHL level. He has lead Canada internationally for so many years and been a great leader by example. Phelps will go down as one of the best players in league history and I think his amazing pace of almost a point a game for close to 1000 games is something amazing from the old era. This new era will be interesting but Phelps is one of the kings of simon.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

ISFL PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

PBE PT (AW13)

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

PBE affiliate

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

If I look ONLY at Luke's HOF thingy, one person that stands out as not voted in is Chester Cunningham. He has all the personal acheivements as those around him. Let's look at Jasper Clayton, who played 57 less games over 2 seasons less. First off, Cunningham played a long time, and longevity should be celebrated. 20 seasons? That deserves recognition of its own. Clayton and Cunningham also have similar points values, with Cunningham being a great goalscorer in relation to their peers. The main argument that I could understand for not having Cunningham within the hall of fame is that his game was basically just offense, but then, what differentiates Cunningham or someone like, say, Dani Forsberg who had less overall points, similar blocks, less hits--really, not a lot separates these two in my eyes and I do not see how Cunningham doesn't make it in, or at least didn't make it in considering the production he had is in line with many hall of famers

Code:
172 words

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

I'm going to go with saying Mikke Laukkanen should be in the HOF based on stats alone. One of the leagues workhorses averaging just over 40 games per season in their 15 seasons, also was able to break the 300 win marker, landing at 329. throughout their career. They also posted over a .900 save percentage with under a 3 goals against average at 2.86. Their stats are on par or arguably better than most HOF goaltenders, so based on that alone I'm curious how they've avoided the nod. Individual awards may be where Mikke Laukkanen has been passed over, only winning Rookie of the Year. They were nominated for Best Goalie and Playoff MVP too, which while not a win should not be overlooked. Also by my count I'm seeing 3 Cup wins to their name. Goalies in general are very team oriented positions so I feel that should say something (even if some were early in their career). By my estimation, Mikke Laukkanen is likely the best goaltender not in the HOF and likely the best player that's been retired for some time as well.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Buckle up your seat belts, because I'm about to explain why Chester Cunningham should be in the Simulation Hockey League Hall of Fame. Truth be told, Chester Cunningham should be a no brainer for the hall of fame. After all, Cunningham can proudly boast about recording over 701 points in his career, potting an impressive 257 goals and putting up 444 assists. His point total sits 38th in the all-time leaderboard, and his playmaking skills land him 47th in the all-time assists leaderboard as well. Cunningham played a long and respectable career in the SHL, putting out 20 seasons of outstanding hockey for two franchises, the Toronto North Stars and Los Angeles Panthers. At one point, Cunningham won the Darr award for best two way forward in the league. The only thing that hurt Cunningham's career was the fact that he was unable to win a cup during his storied career.

WC: 155

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

ISFL Welfare (Username: Thor)

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

For me its trevor wilson how can u not put a guy in who has 341 goals this guy is a certified stud nailed on goal scorer. Numbers like that show me this dude can perform and nothing is better in hockey than putting the biscuit in the basket. In my time short as it may be here in shl I cant imagine that there is a boat load of 300 goal scorers so this dude is def tops on my list as I can't see many beyond him. YO hof how the hell is this dude not in 1000 games 341 goals like come on fam what do yins even do... not to be critical. We need a petition going right now for this man no one with these numbers deserves to not be in the hall no way Jose and hes got over 700 points so let's get to lobbying here.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

I think I'd need to go with Alex Light as being the current HOF snub. There's no one with more than 700 GP who is currently eligible to be inducted into the HOF with more than 0.8 points per game. He was an extremely consistent player in the league for a very long time. He had 12 seasons with more than 40 points and won 3 cups as a member of the West Kendall Platoon. He's also the all-time scoring leader of the franchise which has been around since S1. There are less than 18 players who can hold a franchise record like than and very few are as prestigious as West Kendall/Baltimore. It would be unfair to say Light amassed his 32nd all-time points only because of his longevity, of the 31 players ahead of him on the all-time points list, only 3 played fewer games than him and he's about midway through the pack in terms of points per game. I think it's time we right the wrong and bring Alex Light into the Hall of Fame.

[189 words]

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Cedric Robinson, Buffalo Stampede legend and son of @grok absolutely deserved a spot in the Simulation Hockey League Hall of Fame. Robinson was the glue holding Buffalo together, getting his name on 2 Challenge Cups with the Stampede. Robinson was excellent in both the regular season and in the playoffs. In his final season as a starter, Robinson put up a 2.13 GAA and a 0.924 save percentage. Cedric also put up 5 shutouts. Of starting goalies that season, Cedric was third in GAA, second in save percentage, and second in shutouts. What a final season as a starter to cap off a legendary career. In his career, Robinson finished with a 0.912 save percentage and a 2.5 GAA. His 0.912 save percentage would make him the third best HOF goalie in terms of save percentage, meaning Robinson was one of the best at stopping the puck. His GAA of 2.5 would make him 11th out of 22 HOF goalies. A legendary winner with a save % topped by only 2 current HOF goalies makes a Robinson a future HOF lock

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

While it’s probably only a matter of time at this stage, Zander Rhys should be in the hall of fame. His goal output is not thing astounding but he has racked up an incredibly 468 assists which is a lot more than many inductees. His impressive 641 points should be enough to get him there. The only thing holding him back is his +/- but that is not always in the player’s control. There are many other factors including the quality of teams he was on. He was a very physical player having almost 1600 hits and was a threat on the power play having almost 1/3 of his points coming from special teams. A lot of these things just take time and there may have been more qualified candidates when he was up but I would expect him to get there soon. I’d be very surprised if his name doesn’t get called soon.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

PBE PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

One player who has been inducted into the HoF that I don't feel should be there is Armin Brovalchuk. The agent behind the player wasn't a bad guy by any means and I do remember Brovalchuk having a couple good seasons but he was also really inconsistent and the biggest thing I attribute to him is his attempt to play for every SHL team possible at the time which he nearly achieved. His stat line is very solid and playing nearly a thousand games in the league is an achievement in his own right, but aside from the almost 1k marker in games played he has very little hardware to make me believe that he belongs in those hallowed halls. He won one championship over 18 seasons and the only other accolade was a handful of third string All-Star appearances and a nomination for rookie of the year, but he did not win the ROTY. You go through a lot of the other HoF inductees and you see multiple championships, a personal award or two or even first string All-Star, so Brovalchuk's place just seems odd to me.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]