Create Account

S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub

If it is not clear by now, then it should be clear very shortly. Monkey D Luffy deserves to be in the hall of fame and this league would without a doubt be doing a disservice to itself if it left out such a buffalo great as luffy. Yes i know he is still in the prime of his career and doesn't even have 10 whole SHL seasons under his belt. But let's not wait until he is old and ugly until we retire his number 17 in the rafters of buffalo and cement this legend into the legends hall where all the greats go. We all know luffy is going to smash ass on his way to the top so why drag out the inevitable and wait until he is dead from covid or just boredum at this point. Luffy will be in the hall of fame, lets just do it now.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

A player that popped out to me as highly deserving and a surprise that they aren't already in the hall is Alex Light. Light had an exceptional career with 331 goals and 395 assists in 18 seasons and 900 games. This gives Light a P/G of a little more than 0.800 which is in line with many current hall of famers. Light was a complete player with a +/- of 120 and over 1000 hits as well. On top of that Light was a winner with 3 challenge cups to the bid while spending most of the time as the captain of the Platoon. In the playoffs Light raised to the occasion with 119 points in 141 games. Light also had 53 goals in the playoffs. Further to that Light had a successful international career with 156 points in 219 games player winning the gold once and the bronze 3 times. Light also made the 3rd all star team multiple times. A pretty complete career despite the lack of individual awards.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Would it be selfish to write about my own player? Not that I care because I doubt anyone will read it anyway. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I'd really call it a snub as I always knew I'd have an outside shot at making it on a weak ballot & with the caliber of players that retired around the same, it was just never in the cards. Still, though, it's certainly an honor to stay on the ballot for as long as I have already. I believe 3 seasons & counting now. For the sake of filling out my word count, let's take a trip down memory lane & run down the resume of my first player, Cory Knouse. In 17 seasons in the SHL, split between Seattle & Edmonton, Knouse recorded a grand total of 663 points, comprised of 278 goals & 385 assists. Despite never winning any major awards, Knouse was named as an All-Star 4 times during his prime, including twice on the 1st Team.

Code:
171 words

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

The one standout player who is currently a Hall of Fame nominee that isn't in the Hall of Fame is netminder Beaujeaux Biscuit. Biscuit sits at 3rd all time for wins while having less seasons played and games played than Hall of Famers Mark Harter, Edwin Ask, and Colin Schmidt. He holds a higher save percentage than that of Hall of Famers Jakub Aittokallio, Hunter Wong, Mark Harter, and Edwin Ask. He spent one season as a backup for West Kendall before spending the next 15 seasons as the starter. In that timeframe, only two seasons were losing records: his first as a starter and his last. Beaujeaux Biscuit won three Challenge Cups throughout his career in S41, S43, and S47. He also tallied two McBride nominations (S41 and S42) and two Razov Trophies (S43 and S47). Beaujeaux Biscuit belongs in the Hall of Fame and I do believe that we will see him in there sooner rather than later.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Tommy Tuck is a player who made the hall of fame that should not have. Goalies during the STHS era were completely dependent on their teams and their performances had nothing to do with their actual ability. Any awards or championships that Tuck won were entirely because of players on Edmonton like Brady McIntyre, Tor Tuck, Tommy Salami, etc. A player like Tommy Tuck was really just a guy who could have been any goalie in the league at that time. I guarantee you that if you had thrown in any goalie in the league in the net for Edmonton at the time, best to worst in the whole league, the team would have won the same number of cups. It's just a matter of having put together a super team.

I think Tommy Tuck would be worthy of the hall of fame if he had won the cup while on a not super team like the Texas Renegades. But of course that's impossible.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Alex Light, just some of his highlights:

Eighteen seasons, 
Seven hundred twenty-six points in nine hundred games.
Platoon Franchise Scoring Leader - even more impressive since they are a founding member of the SHL!
THREE time Challenge Cup winner
TWO time Four Star Cup winner
TWO time SHL all star
IIHF gold
Twenty-Second all time in goals
Third-Second all time in points
ONE team for his entire SHL career
Nine Twenty Plus goal seasons

I get that I am somewhat new to the league, but the fact that he isn't in the Hall of Fame is a god damn disgrace. I mean, I've had at least 1 Side Car and half a bottle of wine at this point, but I assume the HoF voters have had a lot more during their votes if Light isn't in the Hall.

Not to mention the fact that there are at least a dozen other people on this thread whom agree with me. Especially since I blatantly stole all the above stats from said articles, but wrote out the numbers to be fancy and pad my word count. 

Also, why did the spell check flag "there" as a mispelled word?

Ha. You didn't even notice I misspelled "misspelled", did you?

In all serious, Alex Light is more than deserving of a spot in the Hall. Three Cups and being a franchise point leader should pretty much made him an automatic ages ago. 

Great, now spell check is flagging "of" for being mispelt. Or is that misspelt?

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

[Image: 0CacPlr.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 11:09 PM by Paq.)

The retired player who deserves to be in the hall of fame is Xavier Paquette. After all you rude ass general managers forced me to endure. Do you have any idea how many homes I bought and was forced to sell within mere days? Or hours? Oh sure, tell me I could have rented, yeah. What am I, poor. Let me in. I won that one award when I scored 50 points somehow. #LetPaqIn. That's the hash tag I am going be using to generate some buzz for my Hall of Fame campaign here in the Simulation Hockey League. Oh I also think I won a title on Buffalo's fourth line or something. Like none of you guys have ever ridden someone's coattails before. Plus ask anyone on Buffalo. Lee is a stinky GM who had no idea what he was doing until my genius hockey mind showed up. Anyone would tell you. That's why #LeeOut started trending on Twitter or whatever when I was a Stampede. Lee hasn't won since I left probably. I don't actually know. I guess they won this past season because the forum is yellow and green, but even the blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Plus he's from Ohio. Just take whatever of Lee's players that probably isn't even in the hall out and give his spot to me.

ISFL/PBE: speculadora

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

I'm still relatively new to the league and haven't dove into the history much, so it's likely there are much better players to make a case for but I see Beaujeaux Biscuit mentioned a lot. I'm sure he will eventually get the nod, so I'm not at all trying to suggest it's absurd he wasn't a first ballot hall of famer. Biscuit was a top tendy for most of his career and some of the award snubs throughout his career are head scratchers. For example the McBride nomination with no all-star in S41. I don't really see how you could argue Biscuit isn't a lock when you review the hardware. Multiple playoff MVPs as a goalie is huge. Not to mention multiple McBride nominations. Honestly researching Biscuit only made me more certain he's a lock and I'm even wondering if in most HOF classes he would be a first ballot.

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]

PBE PT Affiliate

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

[Image: g1ZFaxC.png]

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

ISFL PT

[Image: boriscontestsubmission.jpg][Image: bashbros.jpg]

Fight Record: 39 Fights, 28 Wins, 2 Losses, 9 Ties/Breakups

Hits Tracker

SMJHL S55: 326 Hits (Record)
SMJHL S56: 164 Hits
SMJHL S57: 30 Hits

Total Hits: 520

I didn’t do too much research for this pt as I’m doing this on my phone so apologies if I get some info wrong but I believe that one of players that definitely should/should have made the hall of fame is bojo’s legendary goaltender, Beajeaux Biscuit. I’m almost 100% sure biscuit will make it eventually after looking at the statistics and reading about him from this pt. Biscuit played 15 seasons as a starting goaltender with only two of them being actual losing seasons. During that time he was able to get 3rd all time in wins, had an absurd save percentage that beats out some of the greats, won 3 challenge cups, 2 McBride nominations, and 2 playoff mvps. If a goal tender of this caliber can’t make the hall of fame I worry what is really takes to make it in. Biscuit is an all time great goalie and we should take the time to put him in the hall of fame.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]