Create Account

Milestones

It definitely sucks for players, especially new users, to miss out on TPE due to something that is pretty much out of their control. Even if they maximize effort and do 100% of the things throughout the season, they could miss this by being on a weaker team or other factors. Lots of great ideas for alternatives here. Great ideas here from scrapping it to giving players other means to make the TPE to only rewarding true milestones like the 1st goal, 100th goal, 100th win, etc. The last one is my personal favorite. Hopefully it changes for the better.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

10-30-2020, 12:29 AMMike Izzy Wrote: I know I may be in the minority on this. but I feel like there should be some ways for the high level earners to differentiate themselves from other high earners... part of the game is having the ability to be that star above the stars..  in the past we had them additional Opportunities like play by plays and higher capped milestones.. now there gone and the best you can do right now is be in the same group as the other Strong earners. Without those opportunities we may never see an argar, or a Visser again.. them players that rose above the great ones. I’m all for making the playing field comfortable for everyone.. I just hope we remain cognizant of all parts of the game.

So I gotta start with the fact that I recognize Izzy's status in the SHL and there is nothing that can be taken away from that. Kudos to you sir for hitting those heights.

But I'll be damned if this isn't the biggest 1% argument I've seen in a while. Us billionaires need a way to make more money to show the other billionaires who is the real king. Meanwhile the rest of us are down here trying to make next months rent.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

10-30-2020, 09:13 AMRabidsponge21 Wrote: Also, was brought up in discord, for the teams that are at the top, their players almost all auto qualify for the +/- stat as well as potentially winning the president trophy, something the lesser teams (who by all intents and purposes could use the TPE) will never have the shot at.

This needs to be changed ASAP, cause essentially Hamilton is rewarded +2 across the board where as other teams/ players are sitting on the outside looking in for something not within their control to earn.
FWIW, we had 78 points in Vancouver. Nobody on the team that’s claimed so far has even been able to claim the Laurifer TPE because all of them have been capped already.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

10-30-2020, 10:21 AMboom Wrote:
10-30-2020, 09:13 AMRabidsponge21 Wrote: Also, was brought up in discord, for the teams that are at the top, their players almost all auto qualify for the +/- stat as well as potentially winning the president trophy, something the lesser teams (who by all intents and purposes could use the TPE) will never have the shot at.

This needs to be changed ASAP, cause essentially Hamilton is rewarded +2 across the board where as other teams/ players are sitting on the outside looking in for something not within their control to earn.
FWIW, we had 78 points in Vancouver. Nobody on the team that’s claimed so far has even been able to claim the Laurifer TPE because all of them have been capped already.
[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

10-30-2020, 10:21 AMboom Wrote:

interesting point, i never felt like milestones were bad in the J. Almost every team gets their time in the spotlight if you look at any 4 year spread

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020, 07:08 PM by Blastmeaway.)

'Milestones' are a mark of a players legacy in the league or the team. What if we created a system where we had League Milestones(LM), career stats that would reward 1 TPE each time a player achieves the Milestone, and Team Milestones™, which would pay out money to the player, almost like a bonus, HOWEVER, with the Team Milestones the pay scales Milestone.

With FHM as our engine, it carries our historical stats over like STHS never could, so theoretically under my proposed system we could have a new Department. This Milestones Department would look something like a Thread where a Player/User could submit the milestone achieved whether it be Team or League. Then a Milestoner, the person whose job this would be (name is flexible), would come through and verify the players claim by checking the most recent League File. The Milestoner would check over the players claim and approve/deny it.

Code:
Ex.
Career Goals (League - 1 TPE at each 'Level') (Team - 1 Mil x 'Level')
Level 1 - 1st Goal
Level 2 - 50th Goal
Level 3 - 100th Goal
Level 4 - 200th Goal

This is just a base level suggestion that would need to be further tuned and/or evaluated.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

10-30-2020, 07:03 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: 'Milestones' are a mark of a players legacy in the league or the team. What if we created a system where we had League Milestones(LM), career stats that would reward 1 TPE each time a player achieves the Milestone, and  Team Milestones™, which would pay out money to the player, almost like a bonus, HOWEVER, with the Team Milestones the pay scales Milestone.

With FHM as our engine, it carries our historical stats over like STHS never could, so theoretically under my proposed system we could have a new Department. This Milestones Department would look something like a Thread where a Player/User could submit the milestone achieved whether it be Team or League. Then a Milestoner, the person whose job this would be (name is flexible), would come through and verify the players claim by checking the most recent League File. The Milestoner would check over the players claim and approve/deny it.

Code:
Ex.
Level 1 - 1st Goal
Level 2 - 50th Goal
Level 3 - 100th Goal
Level 4 - 200th Goal

This is just a base level suggestion that would need to be further tuned and/or evaluated.

It's a start, but we would need to create some different ideas to help balance the board out, because defenseman won't hit the G -A - PTS totals like forwards will. So as long as there is ones that defenseman can meet easier than them to balance it out, I am all for it.

The main issue is how does someone track their own milestones? Or would that be done automatically then posted at end of season?

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2020, 11:09 AM by Carpy48.)

I didn't like this season's milestones at all personally. The only one I got this time was for a certain minimum number of losses (seriously? that's a milestone for a goalie? and what has it to do with a player anyway since wins/losses are team stats - it's not even comparable to scoring goals for skaters).

It's my eternal complaint that goalies aren't treated fairly with FHM, but if we look at this:
Wins (W): 30 or more > a team stat
Loses (L): 23 or more > also a team stat (also it's losses btw)
Overtime Loses (OTLs): 3 or more > same
Shutouts: 7 or more > well, if you're on a really good team that might be possible, some goalies on bad teams don't even get that many wins
Saves: 1452 or more > I can agree with that
Save %: 0.919 or higher > same
Goals Against Average (GAA): 2.29 or lower > that's also a team stat

Most of this is really not up to the player (goalie). I don't know if we can still track this, but I liked things like star power for milestones in STHS better.

I'll take my 1 TPE and shut up.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

@Carpy48 the Extremely high loss volume and the high Saves were meant to try and help those on bad situations as much as possible, because Milestones are more like Seasonal best values.

@Rabidsponge21 oh absolutely, you would need more stats to run off of than just G/A/P. Metrics like Fights won, or PIMs accrued, Shots Blocked, Hits, Shots on Goal, etc. they would need to have different values for each stat because we aren’t gonna expect someone to get into 20-30 fights a season like they might net 20-30 goals. Definitely would need to be flushed out further, I’m just tryna keep the ball rolling of the idea train.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2020, 01:09 PM by PremierBromanov.)

10-31-2020, 06:27 AMRabidsponge21 Wrote:
10-30-2020, 07:03 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: 'Milestones' are a mark of a players legacy in the league or the team. What if we created a system where we had League Milestones(LM), career stats that would reward 1 TPE each time a player achieves the Milestone, and  Team Milestones™, which would pay out money to the player, almost like a bonus, HOWEVER, with the Team Milestones the pay scales Milestone.

Code:
Ex.
Level 1 - 1st Goal
Level 2 - 50th Goal
Level 3 - 100th Goal
Level 4 - 200th Goal

It's a start, but we would need to create some different ideas to help balance the board out, because defenseman won't hit the G -A - PTS totals like forwards will. So as long as there is ones that defenseman can meet easier than them to balance it out, I am all for it.

The main issue is how does someone track their own milestones? Or would that be done automatically then posted at end of season?

We could adjust milestones the same way milestones are currently adjusted, maybe cleaned up to feel "nice". By that i mean, we look at the trend of the best players and see what kind of action they are getting, then extrapolate that based on a career of ~15 seasons or so.

Things I would love to keep track of:
Goals
Assists
Blocked Shots
Fights
Power play metrics
Penalty kill metrics
Shots
Faceoffs
Take-aways
PIMs
Minutes Played / Games Played

As well as Playoff stats of similar types.
Really, I think we want to reward any type of player style as best we can without sticking too much to team metrics like +/-

Also, we may not need to differentiate these milestones by position (MAY), since it's possible that defensemen, while not accruing points that much, can accrue more hits and blocked shots and the like. But, im not sure of the specifics there.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

10-29-2020, 02:04 PMAndy Wrote: Yeah, I really like @Blastmeaway's idea for milestones. What we have noticed is that FHM is a lot less random than STHS. 2k TPE players on the worst team in the league will still not score 50/60 points like how they used to. (Exaggerating and pulling a number out of ass here but you get the idea). So the people who played with that star player who got to benefit won't anymore either. like @PremierBromanov said that he qualified for 0 where in STHS he probably would have been able to fill out the 4 with just how random the sim could be. I definitely think it would be cool to do a career milestones system especially for those who do follow their player wether it be live or after the fact. You also then could have the trophy's mean more for TPE for your team again. I know in the SMJHL one at least there is no TPE for getting any trophy either
As someone who hit 2k in FHM and has been getting 28-33 points every season in FHM, I can add evidence to it. I had 28 points the season I hit 2K and that was the most points of any player on my team.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]