Create Account

S57 PT #1 - Attributes Off The Ice

Detroit Falcons and Hamilton Steelhawks G.O.A.T (Greatest of All Time) Evangelos Giannopoulos from Laval, Quebec has worked on many things this off season like his teammates. However, a place where he really trained in and put in the work was the the local 24 hour fitness. Evangelos worked on strength training a bunch in there with all the local hot moms that were also there. He followed a very strict training and diet program that was personally hand gifted from Greek god, Greg Doucette. Now, included with the program and diet were a few different types of steroids, but the SHL testing program doesn't need to know about that. With all the strength training that this player did this off season, this man is ready to take on his new role and become a club bouncer beating up young adults in his spare time. Fighting is Evangelos' new passion and it's all because he improved in strength this off season.

[Image: 3.png]

PBE

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

As a sumo goalie, my attributes translate to off-ice activities in weird ways. 

Positioning - I always catch the bouquet at the weddings. No woman can beat me. 

Reactions - I am unbeatable in FPS games, my high APM combined with my reactions allows me to fire first and on target in order to defeat my enemies.

Recovery - I can get more workouts in per week as my body is ready to adapt to the more frequent training. My lover also appreciates my short down times, if you know what I mean.

Blocker - I play rec basketball on my down time, and being able to get my arm up to swat a pass or pack a shot down is immense. No one wants to post up on me given my physique, and shooting in my zone is just a bad idea.

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

As a player who has spent years off the ice investigating the mysterious shadow organization and potential corruption within the league, it is exceptionally important that I boost up my stat in fighting. While I'm usually pretty good at being able to sneak around unnoticed and am able to talk myself out of a lot of situations, sometimes some nasty henchmen are able to catch on to me and leave me backed into a corner with nothing else to do. Having mainly trained as an offensive threat in hockey, my ability to scrap is definitely not up there with the best of them. I am going to need to spend some of my salary and put it towards lessons for fighting so that I can really show them who's the boss, and put them flat on their backs when they're on my heels chasing me. It is imperative that I be able to fight back physically when the time comes.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Speed is almost certainly the best available attribute from the sim that could be applied to real life. Imagine if you could write paragraphs like this just to make yourself run faster. 2000 tpe later and you now have no need for traditional travel methods, you could run virtually everywhere and if you ran fast enough you could even just jump over oceans to travel internationally across the seas. Speed would make every day to day thing that much more efficient too. 10 minute showers turn into 10 second showers. 5 minute poops turn into 5 second poops. Not to mention how quickly you could get your work done - 8 hour days down to 8 minute days leaves so much extra time for relaxation and getting yourself more tpe for speed. Once you're moving near the speed of light you can start using all the time you save to level up other stats, like Stamina. I imagine moving that fast would be pretty Stamina draining so you'll need to balance it out a little and save some TPE there.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

[Image: poggies2.png]

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Stamina is huge, having my stamina up quite a bit allows me to do a lot of things some others haven't done in life. I have started to climb the worlds highest peaks, starting with Denali in Alaska! Being trained so well with my player Panico has been able to do this with minimal preparation before hand. To be coupled with this, a high stamina allows for you to do a lot of things athletically other than just climbing a mountain. You can bike across the country if you really want to. Almost everything in life you need some sort of stamina for, thus having a higher attribute in stamina will let you do things for quite a bit longer than your average person. Another really good attribute that helps in the real world, is your bravery. While most players have lower bravery, we as hockey players are already a head above the average because of the sport we play. When it comes to doing things in real life, a lot of stuff requires some guts to do, like getting on a knee and asking your significant other to marry you! Or asking your boss for a raise based on your hard work you've put into the job. A lot of the physical and mental attributes can correlate well with the real world, while the other attributes will be more sport oriented.

[Image: panico.png]

Honestly at the end of the day I believe the offensive read and defensive read attributes would be of the most help in the real world. When looking at their definition in hockey it is more aligned with how much Hockey IQ one has on each side of the ice. In reality it really is more an indicator of how intelligent a player is and also indicates their tendency in life. Say for example one has very high offensive read and a lower defensive read they would be thought of as an offensive player in hockey but in real life particularly with business, they would be considered aggressive. Defensively minded players would be much more conservative in their financial lives. And if by some miracle you have a 20 offensive read and 20 defensive read player he would be an absolute genius capable of keeping cool in any situation and being truly dynamic in their day to day life.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Simonsson would absolutely make sure he dumped stats into recovery to ensure that when he opens his big stupid mouth that he is able to fix the situations he gets himself into. Sometimes when he's out late at the bars in Detroit, the smoth Swede can say something to a lady that her boyfriend finds offensive. Sometimes, he'll run his mouth off the ice to the opposing teams locker room, causing him to get into a scuffle after the game. Simonsson isn't one to shy away from a challenge

Recovery also helps him in his dating life. Despite being a bachelor, Simonsson has been looking for love in Detroit before he heads to San Francisco to play professionally. And in his dating life, sometimes you say things too quickly without thinking. Yngve is used to that. Using his high recovery skill he is often able to get out of these sticky situations

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

There are a few things that sets Kenji Sugimoto apart on the rink. We’ll go through a few of them here. 

Kenji Sugimoto is swift on the ice. In fact, that is his best asset as a player. He can skate with the best of them and sometimes it’s like watching poetry in motion. This has some very real, transferable affects: Kenji Sugimoto was an ice-skating phenom growing up in his native Japan. His gracefulness, his speed, all of it comes together on the ice to create something more. Just watching him glide through defenders is something Nevada fans, and hopefully Atlanta fans, get to enjoy plenty. 

Sugimoto is also very smart on offense and defense. Growing up in a culture that demands hard work and strict study habits, Sugimoto was always a very smart person outside of sport. He attended very good private schools, and even had dreams of working in Japan’s growing aerospace industry if he did not make a living playing hockey. 

Lastly, Sugimoto has very good athletics. Tall and lean, Sugimoto is a very attractive person in a culture that outsiders typically stereotype as more feminine. He has scored a ton of modeling gigs in Japan.

Shooting Rage

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

[Image: ufTEQZG.png]

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

12-06-2020, 11:21 PMhotdog Wrote: Shooting Rage

Shooting Rage

There are some people who claim to have an "iron crotch," a groin in which they can take punishments such as bricks, some sort of weird battering ram thing or direct kicks without taking any damage whatsoever. The Low Shots stat serves to both give and take greater punishment in that area. For the first part, you steadily learn the ancient techniques of Chinese Kung Fu masters who have created these techniques. It takes many years (or TPE) to reach 20 low shots, where you are basically immune to kicks, punches or other attacks to the groin region. Secondly, it provides you with greater strength and accuracy for attacks to the groin or genital region, through punches, kicks, and other striking methods. Do you ever wonder why FHM does not have any goalie fights? It is because most SHL goalies have a Low Shots rating of around 10-17, meaning most goalies have the power to instantly incapacitate anyone with one strike, or fights between goalies would be hour long battles.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2020, 11:42 PM by Snuffalupagus.)

Looking at Rob Wrights highest attributes (13 screening, 13 bravery, 13 strength), I theorize that the skater would be a good front-line worker. Being able to (13) Screen thousands of people for their COVID tests, having to deal with the anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers requires (13) Bravery, because they might berate a front-line worker, or even physically harm one. Which is where the (13) Strength comes in. If Rob Wright is dealing with a sour subject - some person who doesn't believe in all this "stuff", he'll have to strong-arm them into leaving. FOREVER. This would be transferable to working as an orderly, a nurse, even a doctor (can you imagine your doctor throwing you out of his office for not believing in COVID?)

Second idea: A door. A door that keeps a bunch of zombies away. You're gonna need a big - if we're talking screening, Wright is 6'6, brave, strong, door.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

PBE affiliate

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]