Create Account

S57 PT #5 - 2022

ISFL Affiliate Point Task!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

I've been a big proponent of this team behind the scenes (in LRs) for the last several seasons so I guess I've already got my answer here - it's Texas. They've been drafting really well for a while and have slowly but surely been setting themselves up for success. Most of their top flight youth is up with the team this season but they've still got a few more pieces in the minors, so in about 6 seasons from now all of that top talent will be coming down but not significantly so, and the current prospects will be peaking. All of that together puts the Renegades in amazing position for all of 2021 and indeed should still be in that spot at the turn to 2022. This team is stacked top to bottom and they're finally running out of picks and prospects but they'll be so good for so long that I don't reckon it'll matter much - not for this question, at least.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

So I think like the rest of BAP I am going to sound like a homebody but I think that we will be on top of the league. In the next five seasons our building blocks will be in place and we will be on top of the league. You can see it eve now that as the season goes on the games that we are were losing 5-0 we are now losing 5-4 or 3 - 2. Games are getting closer and some of our best prospects aren't even up yet. I think for BAP we will be a very dominant team a year from now and we will be talking about a BAP dynasty during 2021. I think for my player he will be rounding into that 2k TPE build that I said from day one will happen. I think with the change to a 66 game season. Kamado may have a real shot of being the highest point scoring defense of the 66 game season era as he will be able to fight off regression for a long time with 2k TPE. I think we will see him taking over the league and he will be a well known player and first pick fantasy player this time next year.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

I'm thinking by 2022, Toronto will be a hot spot free agent location. The dynasty will not only have begun, but will be in full swing. With an ever cycling group of high end prospects and disgusting free agent acquisitions, the North Stars will be able to remain powerful and sit atop the Great Lakes division, which they were never moved from when the league had a chance. The thunderdome has fallen apart. All other teams have faltered and failed to recover. The Pittsburgh Steel Workers, the leagues newest relocation, will stand no chance in round 2 of the playoffs against this product of the hockey Mecca that is Toronto. Harry Carpet is probably still kicking around, getting dubs left and right in his backup role. Delver Fudgeson's son is in the prospect pool, and is looking like he will never make an impact on this stacked roster. Truly a sight to behold, that I can't wait to see for sure. No doubt, right?

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Oh yeah, its about to get a whole lot spookier in the league. The New Orleans Specters are going through a bit of a rebuild right now, which is what happens when you're been at the top for so long and talent naturally starts aging out and retiring or moving on to the twilight of their careers. However, the last few drafts have been very promising for the Specters, and by the time S63 rolls around, that talent should be entering into the prime of their careers. Players like Vlastislav Malik, Jon St. Ark, Cian McFelter, Robert Feltersnatch, and Michael Scotch should all be hitting their stride. Going along with other young talent like Connor Hutton, Jean-Locke Zidane, and Xavier Doom, the New Orleans Specters should be fully stocked and reloaded for another chance at winning some championships. The team will need to answer some questions with regards to offensive power, as most of the dominant scorers on the Specters now should be retired by S63. But still, the building blocks are there and the leadership is in place to ensure that New Orleans return to form. 

Code:
Word count: 184

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

With the many teams rebuilding at this point in time a year from now, should all the teams be able to maintain their active core of players there will be many contenders and the top spot will be hotly contested. To list a few of the teams:
- My own New England Wolfpack is looking to be near the top level for the team 1 year from now with a core of players being S53-S56
- San Francisco Pride should be close to their prime as well, should they break their "curse" and continue the good work AgentSmith360 and Thatguy91has started.
- Tampa Bay Barracuda who has a massive prospect pool and some of the top earner of the S56 class in their pool should also be among the contenders.
- Toronto North Stars should also be in a good spot with many of their current players being just into regression at that point which should put them at a very nice spot for contending.
- Buffalo Stampede will be there as well, while they have some older core players, they have some young SHLers developing nicely along with a solid prospect pool to pick from. Combine that with WannabeFinns ability to make great (for Buffalo) trades, I have a hard time seeing Buffalo not being part of the mix.

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

The Los Angeles Panthers will finally be on top again in Season 63. After Fuzz and Tha Danger Zone took over it took them long enough to get rid of the trash that was Atreides and Winter. It turned out their loyalty was actually a curse to the franchise as the two refused to show up when it mattered. With the 5th and 6th round selections they got in return, the team suddenly took off and is now on a perfect season in Season 63, a feat only performed the other way around by the Barracuda when they went 0-50.

With the Los Angeles Panthers on top again, the longest cup drought in the history of the SHL finally came to an end (not even sure if it was, but its long enough lol). A miracle for 2021, a year that only was worse than 2020 for the rest as the pandemic took even more lifes this year because of the people who didnt take the vaccine. Luckily no one will remember that part, as the Panthers are finally #1 again and thats what 2021 will be remembered for

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

QCC is gonna win the cup for the next 6 years. We're the best! 

I feel like we will see some teams rise up in ranks as normal. But I do not see the top pairing falling out within the next year. I can see the Panthers fighting for a top 3 spot in the West next season. But I believe that Edmonton and Calgary will still be there at the top. In the east I think the top three will stay the same. Though I could see Chicago making more of a play for the second overall spot. Though later in the year I could see teams like Buffalo falling out of the top due to retirements. 

Of course this is all going to come down to drafting and people staying active. But I do not expect the God Tender Doyle to still be playing towards the end of the year. 

Mat Smith will most likely be called up to the SHL by the end of next year. Bringing in a new terror of a goalie. Good thing for me and Edmonton that he's in the east. 

There will be a lot of call ups within the next few seasons. A lot of these call ups are going to change the scene of the SHL for certain teams. But trying to predict all of that is just nonsense.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

So around the season 63 to 65 area I reckon not much would have changed all things considered.

Hamilton will still have a very good team, Edmonton and Calgary will probably both dominate that division together switching division winners, NOLA will still be whiny bastards and certain teams that cannot draft well will still have draft and team quality issues. But not everything will stay the same. I do believe a couple of future GMs will have made a new great and dominant team, I sadly cannot pick who cause we do not know who will quit those positions but I think that is still a fair assessment.

I also believe the Tampa Bay and Minnesota teams will be competitive and may even pull deep play-off wins at certain points too around this point. Furthermore I think SHL changes sim engines as the future FHM has weird bugs and we probably go back to Simon or another weird sim engine instead. I guess we will see.

[169 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

I am so excited to think of what will come to be six seasons from now. Zoltan created in Season 52, so will be at his PEAK performance by Season 62. This means Six seasons from now will be Season 63 and Zoltan, being one of the core pieces of the Tampa Bay Barracuda will be performing at the top of the league. In just six short seasons, tampa will go from one of the bottom teams right up to the Top. We have the core and the youngins right now and will continue to steadily earn. I really believe Tampa will be hoisting that cup. Under the new leadership and with a bunch of higher earning, Top level TPE guys we will be a force to be reckoned with. Not just with S63, but for many seasons after that as well. We are going from the 0-50 season and are on track to win the cup.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

I‘m in my 3rd season in the SHL, but still am down in the minors. In a year, we will see a dominating Atlanta Inferno team, that will look even better as the Hamilton Steelsharks look now. A year is hard to predict, but if you imagine that hotdog is in charge of this franchise you know management isn‘t in issue for that franchise. Finally the players they drafted in their first seasons will be stars in the SHL, and they‘ll have some pretty nice assets. In the first few years of the franchise Atlanta aquired some high quality veterans in free agency. Those are helping the team to grow long term, as it gives time for young players to improve and grow in the minors, while Atlanta fights for playoffs itself in the big league. In the next few seasons, when Eko van Otter and other all stars slide deep into regression, there will be a young core of players to take over and give the Inferno their first shots at the championship.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

Simple answer once again, it will be the Texas Renegades. Last season and heading into this season there was talks about Texas starting to get better, and their internal talent starting to develop. As you can see from this season Texas has once again taken a big step forward and is looking to compete for the West Division title. Some say this is the opening window for Texas, however, internally we believe next season will be our "window season". Currently Texas boasts a very active team with everyone updating, except 2 players, who are not in regression. This allows Texas to gain a large amount of tpe every season. Fast forward 3 seasons, and Texas should have 3-5 2000 tpe players. Through the 2021 one year it would not surprise me to see Texas be a leader in the West, and heading into playoffs as teams like Hamilton and Buffalo start coming down from their long term strangleholds of the top of the league.

2021 will be the year for Texas.

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Taking a bit of a guess here as I am still fairly new to the site but I know Tampa Bay has had a ton of high draft picks recently and I believe they traded for another 1st in the upcoming draft, although I may be mistaken on what they received in that trade. But just taking a look at there roster shows you that almost the entire team is very young yet and they have a boatload of prospects, 14 in total from S55 and S56. Among their prospect are a bunch of players I recognize as top guys among the SMJH. One prospect that particularly stands out is Igor Victory who has an insane stat line right now with 25 points, a +32, and a DGR of 84 through 52 games. Also Boris Petrov has 10 goals on a +12SH% while having a shooting accuracy and range of 5 each. So apparently he is a cheat code which is the cherry on top as to why I think Tampa Bay will be the best SHL team in a year.

As one of the newest NOLA prospects, this is probably biased, in fact, I'll just say it for you, it is biased. The New Orleans Specters will be at the top of their game by this time next year, competing for the cup, considering their newly drafted developing stars will have made their way through the Juniors and start making considerable contributions to their SHL team. Within the 1st round of the SHL S57 Draft, NOLA picked up their future franchise power-forward winger (Vlastislav Malik, #7 in S57 TPE Rankings at the moment), playmaking center (Cian McFelter, #18 in TPE rankings), offensive defenseman (Robert Feltersnatch, #20), AND goalie (Jon St. Ark, #2). Jon has already led his Vancouver Whalers to a Four Star Cup last season while the Hockey Dynasty trio are playing large roles on the Kelowna Knights resurgence this season. Of course, 4 players don't make up an entire team, but the variety of top-end prospects that NOLA already have and will build upon in the near future make them a formidable force for the foreseeable future!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Honestly it's hard not to imagine Buffalo still being at the top of the league in (insert amount of seasons here). That said there are quite a few Eastern conference teams that are either on the rise or soon to be who could eventually put up a bit of a fight against the green juggernaut. The teams I think that are most likely to turn out in the east are Toronto, Baltimore and Tampa Bay. Toronto is already a team on the rise proving that they are legitimate and that sooner rather than later they will be cup contenders. As for Tampa and BAP, both teams are nearing the end of their rebuilds with nowhere to go but up from here. Both teams are loaded with absolute quality players and people that will make for a very interesting and competitive rivalry down the road. In the West I think that Texas will be a powerhouse in 10 seasons. They are setup to be a strong team for a long while and hold a lot of assets as is. If they play their hand right they will be good for a long, long time.