Create Account

S57 SMJHL PT #5 - Self Evaluation
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2020, 12:05 AM by bjkman.)

ISFL Affiliate

I'm excited about the future. The "Taskmaster" will continue to grow and become a great player in the SHL.

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2020, 11:49 AM by Sivart.)

It has been an exciting first year for Basil Sivart as member of the Colorado Raptors. Entering the season, I brought up three stats that I wanted to look at to judge how Basil is doing at the defencive end of the game: plus/minus, giveaways/takeaways, and defencive game rating. While an even 0, would be a welcome plus/minus, as of writing this Basil is sitting at a -6. With 9 points to Basil’s name, I am happy with his modest offencive contribution, but have clearly been coughing up too many pucks with an 29/22 ratio, good for 1.32 giveaways for every puck stripped, far worse than what I hoped. On the defecive rating side, Basil am averaging a 65 barely within the top 60 players in the juniors, not stellar either. While I had tempered expectations going into the season, I can always hope for more from Basil. As he gets stronger and stronger with the puck, it will not be long before he can really make a meaningful impact. Until then, I guess all I can do is keep on training and hope to get better.

[Image: regsivart.gif]
[Image: SyiOY8U.png] [Image: rwqM7d3.png]

I joined the league after the draft, so I had missed out one some of the early TPE that my fellow S57ers picked up. Because of that, I was a bit concerned that I would be a liability on the Timber’s defensive line. My build being a more offensive defender did not help those concerns either. However, after 50+ games, my plus/minus is sitting right at 0. While it is the 2nd lowest on the team, I would not say that I have been a liability. I have been, in all statistical purposes, average. On a team that currently sits at 3rd place in the overall standings, I think I am doing exactly what the team needs of me. I am not a world beater by any means, but I am also not trying to do much. I am showing up every day on the ice and doing what is being asked of me. As an undrafted FA, I do not think there can be many complaints about my contribution. Would I like to be doing a bit better in my personal stats? Absolutely. Who would not want better stats? But at the end of the day, there is only one thing that matters. Winning. And while I may not be single handedly winning my the Timber games, I am also not single handedly costing the Timber games. In the end, I consider that a success.
Code:
236 Words

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

So far, I'm pretty happy with how things have gone! I wasn't really sure what to expect coming to a brand new league, so I set my personal goals a little on the optimistic side, but I'm running a pretty strong +/- right now which is really all I cared about. Getting points and goals and everything is great, but as long as I'm helping the team win and being a positive force on the ice, that's all I really care about. So far we're sitting at first in our conference which is fantastic. I'd love to be able to catch up to Quebec, but I certainly won't be disappointed with finishing first in the west. I've also meshed with the team fairly well too. Being somewhat of an introvert, coming to a brand new team in a brand new part of the world is going to be tough, but I really like where I'm at right now and can't wait to see what the future holds for both myself and Anchorage Armada.

Word count: 183

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

This first season of my SMJHL career has been fairly lackluster. I have had an opportunity to get some really solid ice time after being asked to move to center. I have had a good amount of success in the faceoff circle by focusing on my training there and it has paid dividends in terms of possession numbers. However, as a team we have really struggled. We seem to fall behind frequently and the pucks really just haven’t bounced our way most of the year. Overall, I am disappointed with my personal performance and inability to help the team win more games. I was hoping for a more robust stat line and additional assists. Given that we have sent some assets out at the trade deadline, I can’t imagine that we will have a ton of success come playoff time, but there’s no reason to believe that we can’t win a game or two in round one. We still have lots of talent and I’m really looking forward to how we might perform next year with a really strong group of rookies coming back for another season in Newfoundland.
(189 words)

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

It’s been rough this season to say the least. Coming onto the defending champs team as rookie I had incredibly high hopes yet I’ve been met with utter disappointment. Honestly, it’s my fault for having such high expectations for the first year of my career. If I was more in tune with the league I would have realized the hug loss of talent the Whalers had last season so this was to be expected by those who paid attention. On a more cheerful note, I think the team has great chemistry and has the potential to go quite far in the coming seasons.  Personally, I’ve felt that my performance has been good, not great. I hope to see myself become a much more essential asset to the team next season. I feel like I’ve made a lot of progress learning the ins and out of the league which really was the most important thing for me this season. So on that note, I guess this season was a huge win for me personally.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

What can I say that I haven't already shown on the ice? I'm a big defensive defenseman who loves to grind it out. Lots of hits and lots of defensively responsible plays from me. So far, I am doing exactly like I wanted in the defense department. A 73 in defensive game rating means I am playing excellent defense, this being my rookie season I did not think I would be doing so well so early. The Scarecrows have given me a lot of ice time and basically told me to go and prove them right in doing so. The one surprising aspect of my game that I did not think was going to happen was my offensive threat. 23 points in 55 games as a guy who usually pays attention to his end of the ice is not too shabby. Of course, it is mostly from assists as I am not a goal scorer at all, despite the 4 goals I have scored. The plus minus rating is very bad, but that is a team stat more than a player stat. It is no secret the Scarecrows were struggling early in the season, I'm just glad we have been able to step it up in the final stretch.

[212]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Having a very fun first season here in Quebec City. We are so close to clinching the first seed, while already clinching a first round bye. In that aspect, I am very happy with how it had gone. When I did season predictions, my dumb self decided to put us at third in the conference, and I am very happy that we were able to surpass that. In terms of my player, Bjorn Jakobsen has beem surpassing all expectarions as well. My last guy had 2 points in his first season, so did not have too many expectations, which is why, ahead of this season, with the increase to 66 games, I put my goal at 5 points this season, to get something easy to accomplish. And I for sure accomplished that with 28 points in 56 games, which is a point every two games. Also was the only rookie to be an all star this season, and looking to win Rookie of the Year.

Team Evaluation: I think our team (Colorado) surprised everyone out of the gate with a really strong start. Things were clicking and we were doing what we had to do to get the victories. Since then we have trended downwards and sit at the bottom of the West. I think the future is bright in Colorado but the younger guys just need time to develop. I would love to see a strong push in January and hopefully we can sneak into a playoff spot.

Personal Evaluation: Regarding my personal game, I’m fairly happy with my play this season. I’ve managed to net 4 goals & 6 apples in 54 games thus far. My goal is to have 15-20 points by the end of the season.. I think that’s definitely still within reach! One thing I would like to improve on is my defence. I’m disappointed with having 23 give aways, I really need to work on that to help my team allow less goals against.

Twenty Twenty- Proud member of the Colorado Raptors Raptors

Written Option A

It is quite evident that it has been a rough year for St. Louis. As they're currently in a rebuilding phase, they are striving to catch W's and it's becoming a hit or miss situation in games. They've begun to perform better as they've now jumped out of their last-place position which they held for a long time at the beginning of the season. It would be a shock to see them progress late into the playoffs, however, stranger things have happened. As they progress through their season, it's interesting to take a look at where the rookies, ultimately the ones that will be key contributing factors to the team in a few years, stand. One of the rookies who was selected in the third round of the SMJHL S57 Entry Draft was left-winger and playmaker, Hunter Sharpe. At the beginning of his career and before he stepped out on the ice, his sights were set high. He planned to put up around 20 points with most of those being concentrated around assists and he wanted to come out of the season with a positive +-. As of right now, he's certainly not reaching his ambitious goals. He stands with 4 goals and 6 assists for a total of 10 points in 55 games. He stands with a -7 and it has certainly been a rough year for Sharpe. Of course, with a rough year for the team as a whole comes a rough year for the individuals on the team. The season has yet to conclude and he still has a chance to improve, and if not this season, we're excited to see how he does in the coming seasons of his career.

[Image: N6S9i5r.png]
Thank you to @Carpy48 and @rum_ham for the signatures!
<!> Update Page <!> Player Page <!>
Scarecrows Barracuda Latvia   Latvia Barracuda Scarecrows 

I've found this season has been going decently so far, it could be better for me personally, but overall it's pretty decent for a rookie season. After starting out really strong I took a step back on producing points, I am now at 24 points in 55 games, I think I could be playing better than I am, not just in points, but I am taking too many penalties and my corsi and fenwick numbers are below where they need to be. I think playing 23 minutes a game on average is a bit much to take on in my first season and definitely contribute to the sub-optimal season I'm having. All that being said I think Detroit is improving rapidly and I should be able to keep improving my game and getting the team into a good spot to compete next season. That's the goal at least.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Taking his draft position into mind the expectations for Finn von Murphenstein weren't clearly set. A lot of high hopes rested on him starting right away in the second line in defense next to his fellow draftee Ole Olsen and it would be unfair to compare the two because of different playing styles but a lot of people would say Finn probably underperformed this season. Sitting at -13 with 4 goals and 16 assists is not too bad for a defensive player in his first year, but he hasn't been keeping up the production himself and a lot of his teammates expected from him on the defensive side of the game where he has 69 hits (nice) and only 19 takeaways. Finn told us in an interview that he is working really, really hard on improving himself and training where he can to be a better player on the field and hopefully pull his weight more next season.

[Image: gREvMiW.png] [Image: H3aFgmg.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

Man, It feels like I’m just not pulling my weight. I haven’t scored a ton with my 6 goals.. Isnt that what im supposed to be good at? Well at least im getting assists 12 assists is nothing to cry about. Maybe my lost accuracy on my shots has all transitioned into my passes. Overall my plus minus being -18 is a joke. Why cant I break even? Is my defense that bad? I never expected to dominate as a rookie but it seems the transition is much tougher than originally anticipated. The only positive I see is that our team is still doing well for how young we are. These GMs know exactly what they are doing by taking this young team to 4th place in the standings. I’d bet big money that they’ll get us into playoff contention and we’ll jump those falcons, I mean all falcons are known for blowing leads right? In the meantime I’ll have to step up my game.

It's been a bit of an up and down season for Blanchet. Colorado has definitely had some high's and lows throughout. We started out the season fantastically exploding out of the gate and being at the top of the league for a week or two before hitting a slump and dropping off quite dramatically. While Colorado was playing well Noel was putting up pretty decent offensive stats and battling for the rookie lead in points. However during the slump his offensive game has dropped off and to this date is sitting at 24 points in 57 games, which I think is fairly reasonable for a rookie year. Despite the offensive struggles of late, Blanchet has managed to stay defensively responsible, posting positive numbers in Corsi, Fenwick, and a higher SF/60 vs SA/60, as well as holding his own in the faceoff dot with a 54.5% win rate.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page