Create Account

S57 SHL State of the Union

01-20-2021, 08:33 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: It truly depresses me that there is no mention of the index. Our current index is hot garbage. It has almost completely killed the love I had for this site. Why is this not a priority? You literally cannot even see a box score right now without going on discord and hoping it’s been posted in your LR. This has been an ongoing joke now ever since the ill thought out and rushed jump to FHM. We should never have made the switch until this was worked out. Instead we are going to kill the forum locker rooms, further cementing the idea that the SHL can only be enjoyed if you live on discord.

Code:
We took a look this season at hopefully making this site less daunting and confusing for new users, while also freeing up space to pursue things like a [b]new index[/b] and/or automated updating.
Code:
I understand that removing defunct portions of the site like LRs opens the door to a lot more room for hosting things like the index and updating ideas I mentioned above!

The same section of this post you complained about (removal of LRs) mentions a new index twice, and it's also something that teddy, luke and I have all discussed as recently as last week. Don't really feel that's a fair argument to make when it isn't true.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

01-20-2021, 10:46 PMnour Wrote:
01-20-2021, 08:33 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: It truly depresses me that there is no mention of the index. Our current index is hot garbage. It has almost completely killed the love I had for this site. Why is this not a priority? You literally cannot even see a box score right now without going on discord and hoping it’s been posted in your LR. This has been an ongoing joke now ever since the ill thought out and rushed jump to FHM. We should never have made the switch until this was worked out. Instead we are going to kill the forum locker rooms, further cementing the idea that the SHL can only be enjoyed if you live on discord.

Code:
We took a look this season at hopefully making this site less daunting and confusing for new users, while also freeing up space to pursue things like a [b]new index[/b] and/or automated updating.
Code:
I understand that removing defunct portions of the site like LRs opens the door to a lot more room for hosting things like the index and updating ideas I mentioned above!

The same section of this post you complained about (removal of LRs) mentions a new index twice, and it's also something that teddy, luke and I have all discussed as recently as last week. Don't really feel that's a fair argument to make when it isn't true.

As someone who has recorded over 10 hours of podcasts for this site I have to agree with nour here

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

01-20-2021, 10:18 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
01-20-2021, 09:04 PMJSS Wrote: A new index is being worked on. You're quite demanding for a new and improved index to be made now even though you've been told multiple times that it is coming soon. You also do realize that you pay 0$ to enjoy the site yea? I don't know what type of product you expect considering you pay nothing to be apart of the league. You should be thankful that there are people willing to make a fresh index for free when they could be doing something better with their lives instead of always complaining.

Bro, I’ve been on this site for six years. I’ve served in the HO. I’ve served on various committees. I’ve created over two hundred hours of podcasts for the site and written a ton of articles for the teams I’ve been on. I have contributed my fair share. I don’t need your patronizing, condescending ass to lecture me and tell me how thankful I should be. I will continue to feel free to react to league announcements however I see fit. You can feel free to keep yammering away at how I should be on my knees thanking the lord I get to enjoy the bountiful harvest of the SHL. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on here. I owe nothing but whatever time I feel like contributing, which is increasingly less and less.

You misunderstood my point, but ok man go ahead and jerk yourself off to the fact that you have over 200 hours of a podcast recorded.  Bowdown  Bowdown  Bowdown

[Image: 3.png]

01-20-2021, 10:41 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
01-20-2021, 10:21 PMfishy Wrote: The people making the index always need extra hands, maybe you could volunteer your time and help them out instead of wasting everybody else’s time bitching about it?

he's made 200 hours of podcasts fish, show some respect
the audacity of fish to call out someone that has generated 300 hours of quality podcast content for this league is ridiculous

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

01-20-2021, 10:53 PMJSS Wrote:
01-20-2021, 10:18 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Bro, I’ve been on this site for six years. I’ve served in the HO. I’ve served on various committees. I’ve created over two hundred hours of podcasts for the site and written a ton of articles for the teams I’ve been on. I have contributed my fair share. I don’t need your patronizing, condescending ass to lecture me and tell me how thankful I should be. I will continue to feel free to react to league announcements however I see fit. You can feel free to keep yammering away at how I should be on my knees thanking the lord I get to enjoy the bountiful harvest of the SHL. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on here. I owe nothing but whatever time I feel like contributing, which is increasingly less and less.

You misunderstood my point, but ok man go ahead and jerk yourself off to the fact that you have over 200 hours of a podcast recorded.  Bowdown  Bowdown  Bowdown

You haven’t even regressed your own player how am I suppose to take what you say seriously

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

6 years? I was here before Luke was even of age to join this site!

But seriously good job HO. I disagree with the Milestones tpe because I need all the TPE I can get but it would be cool if there was like a reflection on the year media you could do instead that was a 2x media.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

01-20-2021, 10:18 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
01-20-2021, 09:04 PMJSS Wrote: A new index is being worked on. You're quite demanding for a new and improved index to be made now even though you've been told multiple times that it is coming soon. You also do realize that you pay 0$ to enjoy the site yea? I don't know what type of product you expect considering you pay nothing to be apart of the league. You should be thankful that there are people willing to make a fresh index for free when they could be doing something better with their lives instead of always complaining.

Bro, I’ve been on this site for six years. I’ve served in the HO. I’ve served on various committees. I’ve created over two hundred hours of podcasts for the site and written a ton of articles for the teams I’ve been on. I have contributed my fair share. I don’t need your patronizing, condescending ass to lecture me and tell me how thankful I should be. I will continue to feel free to react to league announcements however I see fit. You can feel free to keep yammering away at how I should be on my knees thanking the lord I get to enjoy the bountiful harvest of the SHL. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on here. I owe nothing but whatever time I feel like contributing, which is increasingly less and less.
[Image: 792556175357902859.png?v=1]

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

01-20-2021, 11:04 PMBasedMinkus Wrote: 6 years? I was here before Luke was even of age to join this site!

But seriously good job HO. I disagree with the Milestones tpe because I need all the TPE I can get but it would be cool if there was like a reflection on the year media you could do instead that was a 2x media.

if we did remove milestones tpe we were talking about tacking it onto team training camp so dont worry it wouldnt really be anything lost!

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Jesus Christ people. If you’re not in fucking lockstep agreement with everything on here then apparently it’s just open season for ridicule. You’re all so fair and open minded and inclusive and accepting and oh so very cool. Memes are apparently what passes for original thought. Have fun circle jerking each other over what a swell job you’re all doing. It’s been five fucking seasons now I’ve been hearing about this new index that’s being worked on. But I’m sure glad I can buy a fucking t-shirt.

I have had it with the fucking sanctimonious dickwads this site seems to breed now. Fuck you. Take the fucking league and shove it straight up your holier than thou collective ass.

You can all take turns blowing me.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

01-20-2021, 11:15 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Jesus Christ people. If you’re not in fucking lockstep agreement with everything on here then apparently it’s just open season for ridicule. You’re all so fair and open minded and inclusive and accepting and oh so very cool. Memes are apparently what passes for original thought. Have fun circle jerking each other over what a swell job you’re all doing. It’s been five fucking seasons now I’ve been hearing about this new index that’s being worked on. But I’m sure glad I can buy a fucking t-shirt.

I have had it with the fucking sanctimonious dickwads this site seems to breed now. Fuck you. Take the fucking league and shove it straight up your holier than thou collective ass.

see this is why discord is so important because you can block people

i gotta keep reading this shit

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

01-20-2021, 11:15 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Jesus Christ people. If you’re not in fucking lockstep agreement with everything on here then apparently it’s just open season for ridicule. You’re all so fair and open minded and inclusive and accepting and oh so very cool. Memes are apparently what passes for original thought. Have fun circle jerking each other over what a swell job you’re all doing. It’s been five fucking seasons now I’ve been hearing about this new index that’s being worked on. But I’m sure glad I can buy a fucking t-shirt.

Are you this mean to the nurses that work at your old age home too? Cry

[Image: 3.png]

Good state of the union guys Smile Tongue

[Image: rotti.gif]

I was going to ask some questions and leave some constructive criticism but I have recorded zero hours of podcasts so I don't have a say

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

01-20-2021, 03:16 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: More like State of the Poo-nion loll

lmao nevermind already left some constructive criticism

01-20-2021, 11:24 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote:
01-20-2021, 03:16 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: More like State of the Poo-nion loll

lmao nevermind already left some constructive criticism

constructive shitisism