Create Account

S58 PT #1 Empty Arenas

Being a basically brand new team in the simulation hockey League and having come off two pretty middle of the road seasons it is pretty easy for us at the Atlanta Inferno to get ourselves pumped up before the game without a crowd. Sometimes we look at and share pictures of cute otters with each other which for whatever reason always seems to get us in a fighting mood. Other times we all like to praise the cube. The cube comes in many forms. At its worst it's a disgusting montreal Canadians cube and at its best it is an animated pants cube. Unfortunately we forgot to keep praising pants cube and we were punished for our errant ways with a poor end to the season. Right now we don't really have a set pre game ritual so maybe we will have to find one in order to fill the gap of missing fans. Although it is just a sim league so do the real world rules actually apply our could we just pretend the crowd is still in attendance.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Empty stadiums are a drag especially for goalies... It's a dull game for us out there sometimes. Losing the atmosphere and crowd energy has further dulled the game day experience.

To get into the game though and start that reconnection with fans, we have started to line up 1 on 1 Zoom/ teams/ whatevers calls, to discussed the game today as well as field questions and answers on the various related interests or that fan.

We tend then to have a big pregame moment straight after those calls. To channel the excitement from the game that we have all just been embued with. Nothing like talking to a fan to the stakes and love of the game. But the moment after tries to pull those feelings we have just been exposed to and turn it into a motivational line that we can take forward into the game. I would say it is going okay.. it is starting to show some positive results, but I am concerned for those younger players who just might not quite appreciate the excitement some of our fans have for our games.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2021, 08:03 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Not having anyone in the crowd really sucks for sure. Good thing this Chicago team knows how to lighten the mood and pump ourselves up! In the LR we just play a bunch of good music, i admittedly put Ariana Grande on a little too much, but really though, can you play TOO MUCH ARIANA GRANDE? I don't think so! We spam TURLE all the time to hype us up, sometimes we also spam a lot of pictures of turtles. I don't even know how many turtle emotes we've got. I contributed with swedens own SKALMAN(Shellman), He's a genius turtle who's got this clock with him that's called a Eat and Sleep clock, lmao. I posted a picture of him holding it up and it fit well in on Lallo Selman, so now everytime i see it i think of BDonini, lmao. Really though everyoen should be blesse by SKALMAN

[Image: Skalman1.png]

ALL BOW TO THE ALLMIGHTY SHELLMAN

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

the best way to get pumped before the big hockey game? of course, michael scarn is throwing a huge dance party for the rest of his hamilton steelhawk teammates. Dancing is a primal art form used in ancient times to express yourself with the body and communicate. Michael Scarn is the boss of dancing. He will create a Cafe Disco at the basement of the Hamilton Steelhawks' arena directly under the ice, with a fully loaded espresso machine that will be operating at maximum capacity. the steelhawks will be dancing and getting warmed up for the game during their pregame dance party, and then be ready to skate with fully stretched out and activated muscles. the steelhawks' cafe disco of course keeps social distancing protocol, so each player is actually dancing in their own hula hoop so that they can't be too close to another person or else their hula hoop will collide and fall.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

PBE PT Claim

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

While many are ready for another exciting season of the Simulation Hockey League regular season, with Covid-19 still being a problem it is impossible to let fans into the arenas. To do so would be incredibly irresponsible and a bad idea, to say the least. While a lack of cheering does ruin the mood just a bit, the Calgary Dragons are instead choosing to replace their noise with even more metal pumped into the stands. Every goal horn is now amplified at twice the regular volume, to fill the arena with nothing but pure metal and dragon roars. This energy is infectious for the Calgary bench, and results in them getting amplified as well. The players play harder and skate faster to help fill the void of not having any fans in the arena. Although that is disappointing, it is the far better and safer option. They'll be back soon!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

With no fans in the stands, the energy to play on game-day has to come from plenty of loud music, a tiny amount of pumped-in crowd noise, and hyping teammates up based on social media. It’s tough not to play in front of the fans – especially because they’re a significant part of the reason we can get paid and half the reason that we play the game in the first place. But instead, we rely on team chants and plenty of pump-up songs – those like ‘Eye of the Tiger’ are pretty popular in the locker room, with some funny songs played when players first take the ice. As others have said, the time we’re most pumped up are rivalry games, like those against the Steelhawks and Syndicate; Emilia doesn’t really take part in the pre- and post-game ‘kush’ smoking, but is appreciative of Augustus Wang helping the team relieve their stress before and after games. Based on early results, Emilia’s teammates might be getting a little too relaxed with their rituals!

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

It’s been some time since fans have been allowed into the arena in Chicago. The Syndicate are no longer strangers to playing in a quiet arena, after going deep into the playoffs and winning the cup last season. We’re a tight knit group and have adapted to getting each other pumped up before games and supporting each other during. The biggest change is the turtle ritual. Prior to each game in the locker room we all gather around in a circle and join hands. In the middle of the circle is our team turtle and we all say a prayer together, somewhat similar to a cult. After the prayer is finished we form a line to head onto the ice, and each feed the turtle a treat on our way out. After all the players are out, the coach grabs the turtle and takes him to his special spot behind the bench to be there for the team during the game. Every time Chicago scores, the turtle gets another treat.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

In lieu of the cancellation of fans in stadiums, the Tampa Bay Barracuda have begun to go insane. Before games, the players of the Tampa Bay Barracuda have resorted to pretending to be fans pregame. For example, when a game would be Autograph Night, Tom Fiddler would pose as Thomas Johnson, a Tampa Bay Barracuda super fan, asking for a select few autographs from the signees that night. Other times, Ambacas Cuddles acts as a fan, going inside the promotional bouncy castles, much to the chagrin of the teenager working the entry that night. It's even gotten to the point where they sit in the nosebleeds of Amalie Arena, pretending that there is a game going on, namely when the opposing team is having a pregame skate. Many opposing players have commented on this, such as Gunnar Soderberg stating "what the fuck." There's something in the water in Tampa Bay, but it isn't the fish.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Getting amped is always easy when you've got drugs. Used to be I just stood in the tunnel with my pads on listening to that noise and the hairs would stand on end. Being the goalie, you're the one who leads everyone out onto the ice every night. At first, it's a little nerve-wracking. Especially when youre used to playing in Finland with bigger rinks and smaller crowds. Eventually, however, that shit gives you the will to live. The noise, cheers or boos, just gets it all going. Like a shot of adrenaline. With that gone, most have looked inward, but I'm more of an external stimuli type of guy. So I just smoke a little bit of meth before game time and that usually gets me going. I know, I know, gotta set a good example for the kids but yknow what? Fuck them kids, man. Drop out, do drugs.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

Seven words. Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men. Imagine how hyped you would get coming out of the tunnel to those bad boys absolutely going mental for the home team. You could have your normal pre-game song blaring and they’d probably make the team more hyped than actual fans. You can’t keep those suckers down at all. And the best part is they have no emotions. So if you’re down 7-0 or up 7-0, these things are going nuts regardless. Talk about an adrenaline boost. I’d love to have an entire arena full of them and I think my teammates would too. Now we’d need a ton of outlets to run all of the wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men so we may have to get a small loan from the SHL head offices for the time to front the MASSIVE electric bill coming in. We’ll pay it back we promise.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

Well we kinda suck in buffalo right now so we not super pumped. We used to set up a dart board and take turns throwing darts at gabe johnson's headshot but he's not in our division anymore so we dont care about him. I suggested we bring in real buffalos to increase morale but hernadivic shut that down by pointing out they would shit a lot and i dont really wanna clean up shit. when i used to play in newfoundland we had pin the tail on the beeg yoshi before the game where we chased pod around and that got us warmed up. maybe we could have like a buffalo version where theres a buffalo tail and we chase hippo around and we have like a buffalo tail on a hippo and it doesnt really make much sense but idk we kinda just fighting for our fucking lives right now.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

ISFL PT

We are going to replace the energy of our fans with a concoction that is half Power Thirst and half the tears of our fans. The Power Thirst gives our muscles muscles and may not be technically allowed, but no one from the league has shut it down yet, so we ride that high. When I'm drinking Power Thirst, I feel like I can skate for 80 minutes per game which is whack because the score sheet tells me it's only like 20.

The tears of our fans is actually from a fundraiser where we auctioned off the rights to have your tears mixed into our drink for each game. The money we have raised is split between the testing equipment to make sure the tears are safe, some on ice equipment because ticket sales are down, and a charity for a local boy who medically cannot produce tears.

Honestly, I don't think it's working as intended but the results are still decent. I don't know if it's the Power Thirst or the tears, but something is making us puke our brains out before each game and that keeps us light on our skates. Of course, we cram our faces after we play to make up for the lost nutrients, but it's been a rough cycle on the old pooper.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

[Image: HD6g3yJ.png]

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]