Create Account

S58 PT #6 Your Season

my first regular season went about as expected in terms of production. 4 goals and 11 points total over 66 games, averaging 15 minutes a night. i was not expecting a ton of offensive production, but that is mostly because i was not trying to produce much offense. defensively, i had a great season for my deployment and skill level. 113 hits put me at third overall on the team and first in hits per 60 minutes TOI, a nice starting point to build on. i had a +2 takeaway differential and 35 shot blocks, both of which were slightly above expectations on the season. i was not expecting to do great in terms of advanced statistics given a primarily defensive role, but i managed to get ahead of some of the second line in shot suppression and goal generation per 60 which is a good look as a rookie. ultimately i am not expecting any awards or to be noticed in my rookie season, but as a third line grinder i think i fulfilled my obligations to the team and have a great foundation to build on for next season.

The development of Rob Wright, the former 2nd overall SMJHL draft pick, has been sluggish and tumultuous, but the 6'5 Norwegian hockey player shows promise.

The Nevada Battleborn selected Rob Wright after a positive tail-end to the S55 season, where the towering power forward made an impact, joining the Quebec Battleborn as a free agent ahead of the S56 draft, and gathering 3 (1-2-3) points in 5 games. Expectations were high and Wright did not immediately deliver. In Wright's rookie season, he provided an underwhelming 16 (5-11-16) points over 50 games. He followed that up with an even more disappointing performance in extended S57 season with 13 (5-8-13) points over 66 games.

"My game was better, but the points just weren't there. The wins weren't either." Wright says, regarding his S57 performance. Wright's Game Rating improved from 55 to 58 over the two seasons.

But Wright found his game in S58. S58 saw Wright set career-highs in: points - 23 (5-18-23) points over 66 games, an average Game Rating of 64, 134 hits, 44 shot blocks, and 105 shots.

So, yeah, it's been gettin' better. Slowly.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

my season went ok. buffalo didn't do very well this season but we made it to the playoffs which is all we really needed. its important to be happy for the success of the team. I didnt do as well as i hoped, considering there are other people with as much tpe as me doing much better. I still have a lot of time to be the best in the class but this season wasnt amazing. I havent really gotten much better pointwise when adjusted for games played as i did my rookie season. luckily ive been doing well this playoffs so there is hope on the horizon, and i am getting better and scoring goals and fun stuff. i will be passing people like hippo in tpe soon so i will have more opportunities to get points and be a big player in buffalo for many seasons to come

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

For the 3rd season since we switched to FHM, I came second to the goals race. On the one hand you're like - damn you can't be made when you scored an elite number of goals. But on the other hand you're on the top 5 all-time season goals lists three different times in the FHM era and yet you don't have one goal scoring race trophy to show for it. Pretty shart if you ask me.

But at the end of the day, it didn't matter how many goals I scored because I wasn't able to do enough to help my team even make the playoffs. Obviously a stacked division but as the 1C on the team I needed to do more to help us win and sadly it didn't happen. Hoping for better next season because this Chicago team deserves to be in the playoffs. This PT and a couple more words written should allow me to keep up my pace as I fight regression and keep my build relatively the same.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

I wouldn't say it was the most ideal season or anything like that, but it was a good one for me. Somewhat. Cole's career was just about finished, likely to end in a similar fashion to his grandfather Brooklyn Carter who went on to become a coach after struggling to crack the SHL. I was in just about every game this season and had some special teams time to actually take part in the matches. It was a contributing season as I scored at a .33 ppg clip while adding minor defense and physicality. The advanced numbers also got better as the season went along and I feel as if I rebounded to show that I can make it in the big leagues some day. I lost a lot of ground and that sucks but I look towards the playoffs and see another title awaiting me and this time I want to be on the ice for it. I fully expect to take this momentum into next season and build on it further as I advance through the rankings.

181 Words

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

All in all, S58 was not the greatest season by any stretch of the imagination for the Danish goaltender of the New England Wolfpack. Eller entered another season as the starter and collected 52 starts on the season. Eller collected a stat line of 20-26-3 but faced the third most shots of any goaltender in the league. The Wolfpack found themselves on the outside looking in, missing the postseason yet again as they traverse the choppy waters of the end of a rebuild. Despite the poor win loss record, Eller’s statistics were a shining light on a dull season, all things considered. Eller’s 3.35 GAA and .921 save percentage put him solidly in the top group of players in his position. Unfortunately, without the team success, it’s unlikely that Eller will find himself in the running for any individual accolades this season however. I hope that with the players a bit more mature and a bit more developed, we will keep pace in a rapidly evolving Atlantic Division.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

19 points in 66 games as a rookie going from a forward into a defenceman should probably be acceptable. 2 goals is a bit on the lower side, but a two-way dman playing almost no power play while stacking up against the very best from the first pairing. However, this was my low point. I should be getting better season by season, week by week, game by game. I want to become a key player for my wonderful Wolfpack and this season is just the building block for that. I would give myself a C+ based on the expectations I had of myself before this season, with the + coming in from the angle that my defensive game was better than expected from a rookie. 24th place in blocked shots shows just how much I want to give my team the W when all things are said and done.

Next year we're making the playoffs. Withing 3 years we are making the conference finals. We will win the cup within 5.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

My personal big goal for the season was to improve the statistics over the previous season. The first season was good, there were quite a few points, I didn't expect this season to be much better. But this season was much better than I thought, I was one of the most productive in the team, if not the most productive. Heavy training pays off and it is well visible. The overall goal of the team was to play as best they could. We played well, but again there were a lot of mistakes that hurt to get a higher place. Of course, the goal was to get into the playoffs, which we also succeeded in. We have already reached the second round, which is a very good performance, although the season was normal, neither good nor bad. I can't be happy with my stats if the team's performance doesn't improve. But I'm glad that this season I have been very useful to the team, both in terms of points and faceoff won. By and large, all the big goals have been met this season, but we still have to work on the mistakes we made this season and try to correct them so that we can raise the cup over our heads next season. 

//219 words//

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie

I'm thoroughly pleased with my performance this season. I increased my points total from _ to 30, had one of the league's best plus-minuses at 41, and bumped up my shots blocked with a better giveaway/takeaway ratio than last season. In terms of advanced stats, I had some of the highest Corsi For and Fenwick For percentages in the entire league (4th in CF%, 7th in FF% among all players), which is exactly my goal as a defensive player. While I don't put up a ton of hits or an exceedingly high number of shots blocked, this role is exactly what I designed my player to do; I'm fine with Emilia's pair partner getting the points, shots on goal, and offensive grade. So long as Emilia gets the chance to control the pace of the game through dispossessing opponents and making effective, efficient offensive decisions, I'm in a good place. And hopefully Buffalo stays relevant as a result!

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Kata Vilde had a soso season. He had a 29-17-3 record while leading the Calgary Dragons to a first round bye in the playoffs so that wasn't too bad but it was mostly due to the offense the Dragons have. Vilde's periphereal numbers were just meh with a 2.54 goals against and a .910 save percentage. Regression appears to be starting to take it's toll on his stats. This was the first season of 18% regression so he got hammered particularly hard. Vilde is closing in on a few all time milestones however so he'll attempt to keep fighting off regressing and hoping his ancient groin holds out for another season or two so he can at least cement a place in the record books. Although that pretty much doesn't matter anyways since according to the intellectual SHL elite goalies don't matter anyway especially if they play for a good team. So in essence everything Vilde earns is apparently nothing more that a participation trophy lol. Here's hoping he has one more good run in him, another cup would be a nice way to go out.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Player:

Points: I had a bit of an increase in points, which is always a good thing. My assists were exactly the same at 42, which leads me to believe that "How many assists does Slap McShotty get this season?" is the ultimate question of the universe. My goals went up by 6, which in turn boosted my points to 65 which is just barely under PPG pace.

+/-: My +/- went down, but that was likely a reflection on the team.

PIM: I nearly doubled my penalty minutes this season. I believe I got 12 PIMs in a single game, so I must have been either more frustrated this season or worse at not getting caught.

Special Points: I had the same PPG and SHG. I had less PPA this season, but enough SHA to bring my special points to the exact same level as last season.

Shots: I had less shots on goal and more goals this season, so my shooting percentage spiked up to the double digits. I guess I just took higher quality shots this time around.

Fights, Hits, Blocks: No fights again and less hits, I was likely more focused on the game which is a good thing. With 20% less blocks this season, it appears I put my body less on the line against opponents and more on the line against their shots.

Gv/TkA: I had slightly more giveaways and significantly less takeaways, so my puckhandling took a hit this season.

G/OG/DGR: My ratings were slightly worse than last season, though still pretty decent.

TOI: I was on the ice for approximately the same amount of time, and a decent amount of time more on the penalty kill squad. I believe I was on the same position for PK, so this likely means the team had to defend while down a man more often this season.

Team:

Points: This season we had about the same amount of points. Overall, we converted 1 OTL to 1 W which accounts for the increase in 1 point.

GF/A: Our play was a bit worse off with goals, however. We had about 31 less GF and 9 more GA, so our differential took a big hit this season compared to last.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

This season went pretty well for me. Just looking at how Tampa Bay has preformed this season really tells you we are on the up and up and Zoltan is a huge part of that. Finishing with a total of 53 points, the second highest scoring member of the team really makes me happy as a player. I honestly didn’t have any real expectations this season. I wasn’t sure if we were going to make the playoffs but it really would have bene a nice bonus if it happened. We really did come close and just seeing the team grow from this season compared to last is really something you love to see. Finally seeing Zoltan put up points on the board puts us all in a healthier mindset. The rebuild is coming to a close and we are going to be a team that is going to put up a huge fight not just this season, but the seasons to come. Watch out SHL! CHOMP CHOMP

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

From an outside perspective, it might be easy to think that Johansson didn't have a great season in Maine, and while you wouldn't necessarily be wrong, there's a little more than meets the eye here. Maine was a team destined to struggle a little given the mass exodus caused by callups. The roster was barebones and in a replenishing stage but Johansson was one of the very few developed pieces left. It's also important to note that Johansson has never been known for his offensive game. So while 30 points isn't spectacular, it isn't anything to scoff at for a defensive player either. the only concerning metric is really plus/minus, but that was entirely to be expected given the projected team performance this season. One thing that surprised me the most was how little penalty kill time I was getting. I'm used to being a guy that's relied on for that kind of role, but this season given my seniority and tpe level I was tasked with powerplay time instead. I did manage to put up 11 Powerplay points this season though, which might be proving that my usefulness expands beyond simply my defensive game.

Well this was my very first season in the big leagues and I'd have to say my player, Phillip Weaver, absolutely killed it. I started in net for the up and coming Tampa Bay Barracuda and were a game away from making the playoffs for the first time since I've been a member of this site. AS A ROOKIE my player tied for 4th among all goalies for game rating with a rocking 76. Although my 3.45 goals against average was a little higher then I would have liked, my .914 save percentage was super solid for a rookie season and I expect that number to only go up as my career continues. But easily the highlight of my rookie season was my 50 save shut out against the Toronto North Stars. My discord was definitely pinging that day and damn it was a good feeling. While I wouldn't be upset if I didn't win rookie of the year, I'd be super upset and feel it was the biggest snub since Martin St. Louis was left off the original 2014 Canadian Olympic Roster.

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

Tomas has had a bit of a sophomore slump, barely passing last season's totals of 28 points. During the first half of the season the rate of scoring was abysmal, barely getting a point every third game. After the midway mark it seemed as though both the first line and the team as a whole became more in tune and started to produce at a higher pace. Tomas also got a lot of time on the power play, but only managed to produce 7 points in total. Compared to his rookie season his shooting percentage dropped by 33 percent (5 percentage points) so he was less effective on the multitude of shots he attempted. Lind also had some more trouble staying out of the box this season, spending double the amount of time in the box compared to the previous year. In general it was an ok season, nothing to write home about, but a good second year on a team in a rebuilding phase.

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]