Create Account

S58 Championship Week

Code:
2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?
I would probably choose the immune from penalties/offsides/icing one. This would allow me to play dirty against the other team, and maybe bait them into a few penalties, to make it even. Once it was 5 on 5, they stand no chance, as we can do an extreme dump and chase, or have someone cherry pick. Their advantage is pretty slim when they constantly have to watch one of our forwards hanging around the blue line. The other side of this coin is that if you have 6 players and play disiplined, its basically a 60 minute power play where you can control the puck and rack up the shots. Maybe this is what happened when HAM or BUF had almost 100 shots against SFP a few seasons ago. [131 words]

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?

This season, Robert Phelps is certainly going to get in, and it should be unanimous. He almost had 1000 points, is second all time in assists, has lots of awards and CC, and should be a shoe in. In terms of current players, People like Monkey D Luffy and Michael Scarn certainly stand a chance, as they have been powerhouses for a long time. I think that players like Toni Pepperoni are probably going to get in from that epic S43 draft class. Elizabeth Doyle is early on in what should be a first ballot career as well. She has excellent numbers, and will probably take a shot at the all time wins record. Add to that that she already has a ton of shutouts, and BUF is going to dominate for a long time, and I think she gets in easily. Not a current lock, but someone I could see making it is Adam Barron. The dude is still not at his TPE peak TPE and he just had a breakout season. TOR should be a powerhouse for all of his prime and after prime, so I think he will ultimatley get into the HOF because of it. [199 words]

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?
b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.

a. Buffalo seemingly couldn't do anything. If I were to answer this before the finals, I would say out goaltend Hamilton. Doyle is a GOAT, and has a lot more TPE than Jobin. That being said, it didnt make a difference, and we saw that nothing BUF tried made a difference. [50 words]
b. I think in this league great offense will always win out. We have seen the trends in FHM, but high TPE forwards almost always seem to dominate. Good defense helps when you have a meh goalie, but the forwards is what gets it done. Look at EDM finishing 3rd in the West despite a god awful 3rd pairing that featured a 400 TPE player. Especially in the ploofs where the goal average slider doesnt matter, offense wins. [77 words]
c. I like both to be honest. If I had to compare each part of it: Colors: Giving the edge to Buffalo here, as I like the gold and green, its classic. Logo: Edge HAM, I think its cleaner, more of a logo, and buffalos can be a little confusing. Name: BUF here. Stampede has an ambiguous but obvious meaning, what the hell is a steelhawk? Location: Buffalo again. Hamilton is a shit hole, and so is Buffalo, but at least Buffalo has its own city, Hamilton is basically just a Toronto suburb. [92 words]
d. First has to be the top two scoring forwards from each team: Monkey D Luffy and Michael Scarn. Both awesome players with a big offensive prowess. I am going with Doyle in net cause she is higher TPE and a beast, but Jobin is also a good choice. Lastly, Aaron Wilson can act as the defender of the group. [59 words]

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Well, congrats to Hamilton for winning I guess. They are very well managed and very well coached. Even if its only 3 titles since the FHM era, it still feels like an era of dominance. This finals MVP has to go to Jobin for me. He was a key difference maker for the Steelhawks, and he put up some monster performances, despite BUF outshooting HAM throughout the series. He is a often memed player, given his likability and low TPE when he came into the SHL, but he is a stud and should be in serious contention for the Ploof MVP. Adam Barron is another to look at, despite not making the finals, he was a monster for Toronto, tying the lead for points as a defender. Huge. [128 words]

Code:
15. Milestones, 2

New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Milestones +2

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

This one is a hard one for me as there are so many awesome people. @notorioustig and @grok for being great GMs, @jeffie43 @Gwdjohnson, @hhh81, @bdu754 and more for being awesome in building up the SEA LR and culture, @"luketd" and @nour for being awesome commishners. @sköldpaddor and @dmills3 for being all the fun in the world to shoot the shit with in the S60 draft class. 
Also shoutouts to @sve7en, @juke, @roastpuff, @Nhamlet and more for our daily chats in SHN, that server and you guys have kept me engaged in this league more than anything else if I am being honest. 
So many awesome people to thank, you are all amazing, I dont think I have had very many negative interactions on site. Maybe I am not trying hard enough lol.

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 07:45 PM by Nike.)

MAX TPE 16

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?
The biggest surprise this season was most certainly Toronto’s regular season performance. While Toronto certainly has a strong roster and one of the best in the league to do it between the pipes with Carpet, they certainly were not expected to be a top 2 team in the East ahead of both Buffalo and Chicago. In fact, their finish just 5 points shy of the conference leading Steelhawks is an incredible testament to just how impressive a season it was for the North Stars. Bobby Land had a heck of a year and as previously mentioned Carpet’s strong play (2.38 GAA) and 3 shutouts was a key to the Toronto run this season. With more room to grow next season, it will be interesting to see if Toronto takes another step forward or if we again see dominance from the usual players in the East, Hamilton, Buffalo and Chicago. I am looking forward to the S59 North Stars.(158 Words)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?
It is always such a bummer not to make it to the finals, but in the end the leagues are both filled with really talented teams. It is no surprise that only two teams can come out of each conference. And while it is really easy to look at personal performance and try to understand how that could be improved to deep into the playoffs next season, the key is really just to be a part of an incredible team. While this season in Newfoundland we have grown a significant amount over last year, I’m super excited to see what the growth of the offseason is going to do for our already really young core. We have a large number of really promising players on first or second years in juniors who will immediately make the jump to their next cap. With an entire offseason of training camp ahead of us, I’m really excited to see how strong we come out of the gates next season. (166 words)

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?

One thing that Buffalo needs to focus on to give themselves a leg up in this series is their work in their own zone. As we all know, Hamilton has one of the most potent offenses in all of the SHL. They have the ability to play inside the dots and score the dirty goal. Buffalo needs to lean on its superior defense and goaltending. Doyle was arguably the best goaltender in all of the SHL this season. And leaning on her should allow the Stampede to steal a game or two. (92 words)

b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?

Usually, defense wins championships. And in hockey, goaltending can largely be the one thing that overcomes all odds. A great goaltender, like Doyle can completely overtake a series. But what Hamilton has for offensive firepower seems almost insurmountable this season. With Theo Morgan leading the charge and a dominating regular season and playoff run thus far, I’m taking the offensive juggernaut to win the series. (65 words)

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

The Buffalo branding annihilates the Hamilton branding and, in my opinion, its not even close. The colorway is the perfect combination of flashy while also being flat enough to look good on a dark green jersey. The Hamilton logo is a bit frumpy and their color scheme is a little bit too classic for my taste. Plus Buffalo is a classic hockey town. And while I’m sure Hamilton has a rich hockey history, it’s certainly not the player at the professional level that Buffalo has been historically. (87 words)

d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.

Game seven overtime is where you want your slickest skill players on the ice to make it happen. I’m sending out the top scorers for Hamilton and expecting them to finish things quickly. Up front, Michael Scarn will be at the dot. He will be flanked by Aaron Wilson on his right and Theo Morgan on his left. These three combined for more than 230 regular season points. On the backend, we’re going really lean and carrying only Michaud. Michaud also leads the Hamilton backend in points this season and will help end sudden death before Buffalo can even get their feet moving. (103 words)

Code:
15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114645
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3009099
+3

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.
I have had the absolute pleasure of having two of the best GMs in juniors since returning to the site last season. Juke and Nhamlet are both so dedicated to creating a really great locker room atmosphere that it brings our team together and makes every day on the SHL more fun. In the past, I have not enjoyed my juniors experience at all, but spending time with these two guys has just reinforced how important our leadership at the junior level is. They both love hockey and bring a ton of passion about FHM and the Zerkers successful. And, they do that while balancing 15+ characters spamming the LR at any given time. These guys keep us honest with our updates each week but understand that we all are building players to achieve our own goals and really encourage us to drive our own experience. They somehow make all of our builds fit together cohesively and we get better every season. Both guys deserve every accolade they get and I'm glad to have gotten to know each of them since joining back up.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 06:46 PM by Fitted2106.)

1. For me it was tom fiddlers monster breakout season and the emergence of Tampa bay no longer being a doormat for the entire league. Tampa improved by leaps and bounds and shows massive progress going into s59. Not even one player is going into regression and with so much upside theres no telling what this team can do next season with every roster player taking another step foreward. Tom fiddler jumped his numbers like crazy this year and to such heights he thought he may never see with 66 points fiddler set the pace for his team and made him a dark horse mvp candidate. Tom fiddler before 2 seasons ago couldent crack 25 points and now hes a top candidate for mvp of the freaking league. S59 should bring about tampas first playoff berth in many seasons and I for one know tampa will go crazy as it has been tough being a barracuda fan this past decade.
160 words

3. Michael scarn to me is a no brainer guy has cups mvps scoring titles and great career numbers kind of hard to ignore a special career that still has years left to load the already lofty totals that he has. Scarn is also very well liked in the community and his career has always seen him on a winner the guy just the it factor that fans come to the arena to see. Many will argue that scares numbers are inflated due to being on buffalo and hamilton in the early fhm era Nd I hear the argument it's fair but fuck someones gotta score on these bums and not many have done it better then scarn. With another cup on his resume it's all but cemented that scarn is now in the hall no questions asked this guy will 100 percent have a bronze statue in front of the hall of fame one day. Congrats scarn a true champion.
163 words

4. Next season is michael fitteds opus mangos his absolute peak and you best best believe I will be giving everything I have along with tom fiddler and James ronlain all of us being the original cuda from the s50 draft. Another boone for our team is that 0 players are regressing and with us just missing the playoffs last season look out because the time of change is finnaly here baby. I know it is within my ability to score alot more next season while keeping other teams from scoring to Kuchar against us. My game has really evolved and this upcoming here I believe is the culmination of everything I have worked towards.with my captain fiddler and our overall games improving throughout the entire club I see no reason why we cant not only make the playoffs but take it all the way. It is within the realm of possibility and there is no doubt in my mind tampa can hoist the cup next season.

6. I expect canada and bo kane specifically to have a huge tourney. This is kanes peak season and expect him to have a monster tourney and help canada take its rightful place as gold medalists this year no cap. With such a loaded roster a 2k player such as kane should thrive and we all know how kane was before he left his orginal team he was very opportunistic goal scorer and I expect that to show in this tournament. In regards to canada they should do well and anything less than gold would be sad really they are hockeys favorite country. In regards again to kane if he gets first line minutes he should lead the tourney in points with such balance throughout the lineup he is my pick to forsure lead in scoring hes an amazing net from presence and you cant teach that kids. Let's hope for a great tourney but more so a bo kane MVP run in this one.
166 words

16. There are some very special members on this site. First let me start with my shl patriarch @FuzzSHL fuzz made me shl the way I do early on I was kinda just casual but a locker room call out by this stud made me begin to max earn and I thank you for that fuzz my first gm.

@trella also my first gm along with fuzz trelski has been in my top 8 on Myspace since I joined the shl and is my current gm in tampa. Trelski is simply the goat and the best of the young generation of shl

@sve7en wags has been great for carolina to keep the great tradition there going no doubt a goat

@hockeyiscool dwight knight my other co gm is another king he helps me from going full fitted on site which is needed for a diva like myself I'm antonio brown and hes tom brady keepin the kid in line.

@PremierBromanov
My captain and a day 1 we noodle it and troll the cups in carolina were great and u getting traded to tampa was the best

@ACapitalChicago our time in carolina was amazing those cup runs were fucking awesome hopefully u get into town in tampa soon so we can get fucking hammered again

Milestones +1tpe
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3008654

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2021, 12:26 AM by Moreorless89.)

1.  Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?

Looking back on the season, I can honestly say (without bias) that the North Stars making the playoffs, taking the Buffalo Stampede to game seven of the semi finals, and the Chicago Syndicate missing the playoffs while being a top five team in the league probably surprised a lot of people. The Great Lakes is a tough division but the Toronto North Stars got it done, and showed that we could compete against the top teams in tough series. The rise of the North Stars is just beginning, and though nothing is guaranteed, we are set for a while and should be a contender for the cup. I do not know if this is a good surprise for the league and our division, but Toronto management has worked their butts off to get us to this point. It is going to be a fun ride and I hope we can continue to surprise the league, and ourselves, with how far we can go. (163 words)

Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?

I would absolutely take the immunity from penalties, the offsides, and the icing because the visiting team can have as many skater on the ice as they want, but it is going to be hard for them to compete when they are getting relentlessly high sticked, speared, slashed, and boarded. It is basically a licence to cheat by being the most violent goons the world has ever seen. Imagine being able to tackle people and interfere while your linemate is skating with the puck? The flying V would also probably work for the first time because you could just have one person with the puck while everyone else is slashing and blocking for them. (114 words)

Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?

I can see Ryosuke Sato making the hall of fame easily. I am going to play Luffy-damus, more or less, and say he is a lock. The kid is talented, hard working, and just about to enter his third season at the Simulation Hockey League level. Not to mention he is in the top of his draft class in tpe, and I do not see him stopping his earning ways. So you have heard it here first, Ryosuke Sato to the Hall of Fame! Another person I feel should be considered for the Hall of Fame is one Harry Carpet who has been one of the best goalies in the league, but has been stuck in the Toronto rebuild. Well, now that the North Stars are good, there is going to be plenty of wins coming Harry Carpet’s way. Are these picks biased? Yeah, they are, but that does not mean I’m wrong. I am just a visionary keeping my third-eye open. (162 words)

If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

Well, my point production went down this season, but I also played a much better defensive game than my rookie season. As a defenseman that my team hopes will blossom into a great shutdown guy, I can dig that I am handling the puck better and limiting opponents chances, but I do believe I have the skill and tools to be more productive on the offensive side as well. I think continue to get better on the defensive side is a must, but I want to temper that with a few more points to help ease the burden of scoring on our top guys. Plus I do not think anyone in Toronto will mind if I get them the puck with more graceful passes. I will also be working on my physical conditioning so that I will not be outworked by opposing players. I will be stronger on the puck, and really make people feel it when I check them. (160 words)

5.  Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I think this is an easy question to answer, because the defending champs missing the playoffs while also being a top five team means that them missing the finals is the biggest upset because I believe they were a good enough team to challenge for a repeat. Maybe a controversial opinion, or one people would dismiss because you can’t be upset in the playoffs if you never play a series, but I stand by this hot take.Other than the Chicago Syndicate, the Toronto North Stars were the best team to fall short and we were only one game away from the finals. But Great Lakes being the Great Lakes, we can’t complain too much for taking the Buffalo Stampede to game seven before being eliminated. (126 words)

12. 12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
(Just going for 2 tpe here.)
A.
Buffalo picking up Dick Clapper was the one thing they needed to compete. Their record greatly improved after the trade, and if he was on their team all along, I can imagine them finishing above the Hamilton Steelhawks. They were basically the best team in the league after that trade, and went from possibly missing the playoffs, to now being in the finale. (63 words)
C.
I think Buffalo’s branding is steller. The colors are unique and go well together, giving them this fresh evergreen energy about them, but also the majestic buffalo ( a truly great North American icon) is fun. I know, it is easy marketing: the city name is an animal, slap that animal on a sweater, but why think so hard about an obvious decision? (62 words)

16. Written, 3 TPE
I want to shout out my boy @Dextaria for being a stellar human being, great teammate, smart as heck, and all around great guy. He makes the locker room fun, and takes the time to check in on people. We all have busy lives, so it would be understandable if he didn’t do this, but he does, because he is that good of a human being.

Claiming 16 tpe (there’s three extra tpe in there just in case)

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

It was a much more competitive season in FHM for many teams, quite a few were in playoff races for the finals few spots and I was surprised to see those so close down the stretch. It was great to see though and shows improvement by all the "rebuilding" or "re-tooling" teams if you can call them that. We all knew one of the teams in the great lakes division was going to miss the playoffs, which is a bummer, but I was more surprised by the tight playoff races down the stretch with teams like Baltimore, New England, Tampa and San Fran, Seattle, Minnesota, etc. Honestly it was great to see and a nice surprise to have so many teams with playoffs hopes a live in the final week of the season. It's good for the league and shows me teams are improving their knowledge of how to win games in fhm and while a few teams are still way ahead of everyone in that department the gap seems to be closing a bit, at least in regular season.

I think defenseman Brennan Kennedy Jr will be a hall of famer and with a few more great seasons will be on the cusp of being a lock. He's still in his prime at over 1900tpe and has many great seasons ahead of him to gain said lock status. After coming up as a true rookie in S46 just finished his 14th SHL season and is currently still one of the best defenseman in the SHL always being among the top defenseman in scoring every season. He's been a superstar for a number of seasons now and has become a perennial contender for both the Stevens and the Bojo awards. In fact recently in S57 he was nominated for both awards! I'm not sure anyone has achieved that before and if they have is a very rare accomplishment. So far he has been nominated for three stevens and two bojo awards in total and when your on the Dragons these are pretty much as good as wins. Either way being nominated that many times show's he been at the top of his game for a very long time. He's also made 4 all-star teams including a 1st team all-star. He's on pace to of become the all-time leader in points among Dragons defenseman which is quite a feat in itself. Currently he has 417 points in his career, 109 goals and great peripherals, so with at least another 5 good point producing seasons ahead of him, maybe more he should settle in above 600 points for his career. He's also won a challenge cup in S50 and could add to that in the coming seasons. I think the points and his award nominations as well as what lies ahead he will definitely be a hall of famer and could become a lock or at least on the cusp of being a lock. 

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

I think the two best teams this season made the finals, both had a lot of high tpe players and were tough to beat in the playoffs. I think the best team that didn't make the finals was also the best team that didn't make the playoffs, Chicago. After winning the cup last season and being one of the top teams the last few seasons, I think if they had gotten into the playoffs they would have done some serious damage. It's possible they'd be in place of Buffalo in the finals against Hamilton. So I think that's the best team that didn't make it. Texas and Calgary also had good teams as did Toronto but I think Chicago's roster was right there with them or above and based on winning last season would probably had been a favorite over those teams. It will be interesting to see what happens with divisions moving forward, Chicago was a great team definitely deserved to be in the playoffs and have a shot at the cup.

8. Graphic, 3 TPE

[Image: ham1.jpg]

S58 Milestones +3

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

I would like to say nice things about @O4L and thank him for hiring me as Dragons GM way back in S24. Without him giving me the opportunity to be GM I don't think the league would have become so special for me and I would not have made such great friends and enjoyed this all so much. He is a great person and mentored me as a young player and taught me a lot about GM'ing. He also made sure he set me up well with draft picks and great young prospects before he stepped down, most notably 1st overall pick in my 1st season as GM which ended up being Randy Randleman who obviously became a legend. Without that 1st and other players he drafted right before he left like Hunter Wong, Michael Boychuk, Sachimo Zoidberg we would probably not have been able to win those cups in S27 and 29. Thanks Ofer, I still owe you!

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 08:34 PM by CaptainCamel.)

Code:

Both of these options would be great to have, but I think if I had to just pick one, I would choose for my team to be immune from penalties / offsides / icing. Having 6 skaters at all time is great, but think about how much open ice you can get with free interference checks, as many trips as you want, and even checking the goalie out of the net? It will be pesky taking full advantage when the other team has 6 players, but if things get too frustrating, just start fights as much as you can. Get the opposing team in the box for 5 minutes while we get off free.
WC: 112

Code:

Well for starters, I was in the Juniors this year, so I guess you could say I didn't make the finals. However, seeing how I played in the Juniors does give me some ideas of how to improve over the next 2 seasons before I (should) get called up to play for ATL. I had an amazing 2nd year in regular season, netting the top scoring points spot for ANC Armada. However, even though we managed to make it to the finals in the playoffs, I had a very rough playoff showing. Throughout our entire postseason, I believe 21 games, I only came out with 5 points. I try to build my player very balanced, so I don't expect to be point per game or anything, but after having such a hot regular season going to being practically invisible was rough. I think most of this upcoming season I'm going to focus in offensive stats, then in the season following will try to balance it up again with defensive boosts.
WC: 170

Code:

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The Kelowna Knights by far should have made the finals. Much like how last season SHOULD have been Anchorage vs QCC in the finals, this year it easily should have been Kelowna vs QCC in the finals. Kelowna was one of the most dominant teams I've ever seen last season blowing everyone else out of the water. It's a shame the postseason is set up the way it is because it is almost guaranteed that the conference finals will be tougher for teams than the actual league finals. Looking at their roster, it honestly looks like they're going to be even stronger next year. It sure will be interesting to see how QCC, as well as ANC, can stack up against them losing some key pieces, but also having 2-3 year Juniors starting to play in their prime.
WC: 138

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

It's team DACH's time! No probably not, but I do think DACH will get there in the next few seasons. DACH seems to have an extremely strong active Juniors group getting prepped for the majors in a couple seasons. THIS season I would probably go with someone safe to win it all such as Canada or USA of course. All the big name countries you would expect to see dominate in the tournament. I do expect that we might see Great Britain fall off a bit. I've heard some insiders claim that they have a lot of regression coming up on their team this season so they shouldn't be quite as dominant as they've been in the past. Along with this, I assume Japan and Czechia likely won't be as competitive as they would like. This is solely me basing off the fact that I don't know of a single Japanese SHL player. Obviously there's enough to fill a team, but I don't recall anyone in the locker rooms talking about how great they're going to be.
WC: 177

Code:
Claiming 3 TPE for SMJHL Milestones

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

Honestly, I couldn't possibly just pick one or even a small handful of members, the entire ANC locker room has been amazing. When I first joined last season I wasn't really sure what to expect, but after 2 season in the SHL it has grown to something I'm so glad that I became a part of. Both ANC and ATL's locker rooms are filled with so many different individuals of different backgrounds, but every single person has been cool as hell and I count myself lucky to be a part of both of these teams.

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 09:56 PM by Lime.)

Code:

The most surprising part of the season as always is the Great Lakes. It was crazy to see the Challenge Cup champion from last season, the Chicago Syndicate, not even make the playoffs this season. This was of course due to Toronto coming somewhat out of nowhere to take the 2nd spot in the division. We knew they'd be good soon, but not quite so good and not quite so fast. They were looking to be clear cup favorites for about half of the season before things settled down a bit. They still ended up just 1 game from the finals and with a good shot at taking down Hamilton too based on their head to head games. While that would have sucked for me, it would have been funny to see every single team in the great lakes win a cup before 90% of the league even made it to an FHM finals. I can't wait to see what happens next season in the Great Lakes Hockey League.

Code:

The very very obvious answer is B: be immune from penalties. This is extremely overpowered. What good is that 6th skater if you just knock him out? If they try to fight back they will get a penalty. I would stack my roster with enforcers and just go to town on the other team. Even in a power play where you normally have 1 more player its not that easy to score. Now imagine all of the people you are playing against can fuck with you with impunity. You will not score, you may not even survive the game. I mean what's stopping my players from just picking up the puck and taking it to the other end to score? How do you defend against that?

Code:

I think the two biggest locks right now are Andreas Kvalheim for a skater, and Elizabeth Doyle for a goalie. Kvalheim has won the Jeff Dar a ridiculous 4 times, and is one of the all time best two way forwards the league has ever seen. Doyle is quite young but already has one of the best resumes for a goalie in history. A Jesster, two Honchos, two McBrides, and a Razov. That's a lot of hardware, plus a Challenge Cup. She leads the league in all sorts of stats in the FHM era as well. I think both of these could make it in right now today, but with a few more seasons under both of their belts, there will be no contest. I think both have the potential for more hardware, especially Doyle considering she hasn't even hit peak season yet. Other players to look for are the ones padded up by Hamilton. Aaron Wilson, Theo Morgan, and company will surely be nominated, and probably make it as well.

Code:

You can easily say the best team to miss the finals was Toronto. They were an OT goal away from making it, and had given everyone a run for their money in the regular season. They might even have had a better shot than Buffalo at beating Hamilton. They are for sure going to be contenders for a while, and their best players will be hitting peak season next season which will be scary to see. Unfortunately they are still strapped in the Great Lakes thunderdome, and as such will never have an easy path to the Cup. Hamilton, Buffalo, and Chicago will all be competing for those playoff spots once again, and it likely wont be Chicago that gets unlucky again next season.

Code:

a. The one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up is pray to all of the deities they can think of. Hamilton is an unholy abomination that must be stopped, and only divine intervention or Chicago cheating can stop them. But really I guess just play to your strengths and hope FHM gives you the benefit of the doubt (it didn't).

b. I think a great offense will win out because shots are the name of the game in FHM. If you can shoot that puck a ton you will usually win. The offense sets the tempo of the game and you're gonna want to take advantage of things like power plays when they come up. In the finals, every advantage counts.

c. I am biased but I think the Buffalo Stampede has better branding. The logo works better and does not have a word mark over it which I always like. The colors of Buffalo are kinda sus cause they are similar to the colors of a terrible football team but I try not to think about it. Buffalo is a cooler place than Hamilton though because it doesn't sound like a musical my girlfriend won't shut up about.

d. Number one pick is easily Monkey D Luffy. He's been a hero in overtime for Buffalo before and he can do it again. Then Mitchell Van Der Heijden. He has experience taking down the Steelhawks. Nicholas Owens has come up big lately and deserves a nod on defense. And the final player is Elizabeth Doyle, the GOAT goalie who can stand cool under pressure.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Code:

1 TPE: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3009161

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

Shoutout to all my NL homies and Buffabros of course. Shoutout to @Joshua_Horsemenzada and @Fitted2106 for keeping the league interesting. @fishy @Tomen @WannabeFinn for all their hard work in building this crazy team, sucks to lose but we're not done yet. @sve7en for making the league look good. @jeffie43 for making me look good.

Total: 18

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Most surprising part of the season was definitely discovering that we had a double agent acting as a coach behind the bench. For almost three seasons, Toronto spy Marcus Meyer had taken the place of our initial coaching hire, Larry Boggis, in an attempt to sabotage us from the inside. With TOR owning our S57 and S59 firsts, the timing of this makes far too much sense for this theory to be the absolute truth. Their dastardly plan worked especially well this season, where despite our crack team of investigators (me getting really mad while test simming late one night) uncovering the ruse just after the trade deadline, we were unsuccessful in our playoff bid by just a couple of points. To our absolute horror, our pick ended up winning the fucking lottery. By this point, Meyer had been tried and executed for his crimes, but the damage was already done. Truly a terrible surprise, but in some ways perhaps it will turn out to be like a weight vest where we become stronger for having worn it and then hit full speed after taking it off.

15. Milestones, 3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3009139

16. Written, 3 TPE

I've got to shout out my awesome crew of Argonauts, from those who have been around since the start to those who have come aboard more recently, it's been a hell of a ride so far. We're getting there, thanks for trusting the process and continuing to grow as a team both on the ice and in the LR. *inhales* @hhh81 @grok @reid @jeffie43 @JuOSu @Gwdjohnson @TheWoZy @KC15 @Mediocre_Fred @lilstifler @feeler @bdu754 @ztevans @Salming @ProjectSaint @Demolish @Vandy @Urq660 you're all great, and it's been a pleasure being your GM as we continue working towards building something great in Seattle.

Also all my Hammy guys, always great knowing you guys have my back in what's been a rough year irl. @nour @Waters @Jobin @Hallsy @RotticusScott @JSS @golden_apricot @DrunkenTeddy and even alumni like @JumpierPegasus, thanks for being friends

Selfish plug time. The word lock is a very strong one and I don't think Tig Murphy is a lock by any means, however I do think he has a very strong case. One of the premier defensemen of the early and mid-S50s, Murphy was nominated for the Scott Stevens Trophy in three consecutive seasons (S50-52), winning the award in S52. That period also saw him become one of the top offensive weapons among the league's defensemen, hitting the point per game mark twice in that span. After the FHM switch, Murphy's two-way play manifested in being a complete black hole for opposing offensive schemes, leading to three Bojo Biscuit nominations (S53-54, S56) as the league's best defensive defenseman, securing the award in S56 in his only season played outside of Hamilton. In addition to multiple all-star team positions, a Richan nomination, and two Challenge Cups, Murphy was the highest scoring defender in the league between his SHL debut in S45 and the end of the S56 season, although he would be overtaken in his final season after announcing his retirement by fellow S43 draftee Rex Kirkby. In all, the personal and team accolades along with 458 points in 666 career games make Murphy a solid contender for a spot in the HOF.

a) I think one thing Buffalo needs to do to shut down Hamilton is force the play in Hamilton's end. The less time their offensive weaponry can spend in your zone, the better your odds of winning are. Unquestionably, Hamilton will still get their chances though so strong goaltending is essentially a must-have to even be in the conversation.
b) Buffalo's defense will definitely be tested. The old saying is that defense win's championships, although it's also fair to say that Hamilton is no slouch in that regard either. As a result, line matching and defensive schemes will come into play. As previously noted, preventing Hamilton from getting set up will be more important than any in zone defense at the end of the day, as Hamilton excels at creating offense through point shots, rebounds, and creating plays out of very little. I think Hamilton's offense is deep enough to give them a slight edge, but a hot goaltender might be enough to make the difference.
c) I'm definitely biased here but I love the Steelhawks blue. The cooler colours tend to be my favourite, and the two-toned blues of Hamilton's uniforms definitely stand out to me as timeless. As well, I find the simpler logo has more visual clarity to it than Buffalo's. The Steelhawks name is also a cool play on the typical [Insert Animal Here] branding that is commonplace in sports, as opposed to the Stampede moniker which makes me think of the Calgary Stampede which makes me think of Calgary which makes me feel deep and unbridled rage (irl Calgary moreso than SHL Calgary).
d) I think I would be sending out Michael Scarn, Theo Morgan, Samuel Michaud and A Jobin. Scarn and Morgan form what I believe is still the most fearsome offensive duo in the league. To support them, a do-it-all defender in Michaud is a must, as he's capable of moving the puck to the two skilled forwards as well as preventing any goals against that would end it all. Finally, I want Jobin in net because I know when the chips are down he can shut the door. An SMJHL playoff MVP with now two cups to his name in his young career is an incredible accomplishment and a testiment to his mental fortitude in net.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 10:46 PM by Muford.)

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=295997 Affiliate (3 TPE)

1. (3 TPE)

Easily, without a doubt, the most surprising part of the season was the emergence of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. The Tampa Bay Barracuda, clearly, have been written off for a long time as the bottom dwellers of the league, and this year they were able to prove everyone that Tampa Bay is no longer the Laughingstock. While they did not make the playoffs this year, they made leaps and bounds of improvement that no one really saw coming. Yes, they were still bottom team in the East, but 54 points was a huge improvement, and far from the worst. They were tied with New England with 54 points, and the Monarchs, Argonauts, Pride and Specters all had less points then the Tampa Bay Barracuda. With the team still being quite young, and having a few more call ups in this upcoming season, don’t be surprised if the Barracuda are able to sneak into the playoffs.

(155 Words)

2. (2 TPE)

I am 100% going with being immune from penalties, offsides and icing, and then having my team be full of brutes, running people into boards and gong to try and injure players. The other team can’t play with 6 skaters if you continue to take everyone out of the game. You have to believe in your team to be the hardest hitting mother fuckers out there, and always going for blood. You aren’t gong to get a boarding penalty, or a 5 minute major for fighting. You are going to knock the goalie out of the net and get easy goals in theory too. God, no penalties is a dream come true.

(112 Words)

3. (3 TPE)

I will say there are a few different players that if I were to see retire today, would be locks for the Hall of Fame. Some of them are, in no particular order, Tor Tuck, Tony Pepperoni, and Julio Tokolosh. While some people look for outstanding stats, which all three of these men have, it has to do more with character and what they have done with the Edmonton Blizzard throughout their whole careers. They are the faces of that franchise, and when you think Edmonton Blizzard, you think these three all-time greats. You have to appreciate what these guys have done on the ice, as well as what they do off the ice, and I have been more then lucky to share a locker room with all three of these guys, and I would love to always share a locker room with them. Even though I am in Tampa Bay, I can appreciate greatness from anywhere.

@ErM
@TommySalami
@Julio Tokolosh

(160 Words)

4. (3 TPE)

While Vladmir Petrov sits at home, missing the playoffs for the first time in his career, there are a lot of things he has come to realize he needs to do to become more effective for wherever he plays in this upcoming season. Outside of continuing to pass well, Vladmir Petrov needs to figure out a way to finally get the puck more often into the back of the net, and continue to get takeaways and not have so many useless giveaways. Vladmir Petrov needs to get his head out of his ass, and keep pushing harder and harder to make sure that everything he has promised himself will come true. That means without a doubt, a lot more off-season training and grinding to become one of the greats in this league. Vladmir will stop at nothing to prove to the world that the Petrovs need to be here and continue to strive for greatness.

(155 Words)

5. (2 TPE)

One of the better SHL teams of the season that I am just surprised did not make the finals this year was the Toronto North Stars. I will say, I admittedly did not pay full attention to the standings nor the stats, but I do know that @ml002 has run such a great ship over there, and that he has righted the way for a long time, and it’s finally paying off, but they were just bested in 7 this season. They just got very unlucky this year, and were not able to come away with a game 7 win. I fully expect seeing Toronto making many more deep runs.

(110 Words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

For me, there were definitely a couple of things that kinda came as a surprise. First of all, how big of a force Toronto and Texas were. I think mostly everyone knew that they were going to be good but I don’t think many expected Toronto to go on that blisteringly hot start and just absolutely dominate the way they did. Texas I think was a little less surprising but I still think most users expected at least one or two great lakes teams to finish ahead of them in the standings. The second surprise for me was how dominant the S50 draft class was in scoring this season. It's been coming for a while and of course eventually there will be turnover in the top players but I think this season is pretty clearly the season that my draft class really came into their own. Krash, Fiddler, Barron, Lane, HLO and Gold all had very impressive seasons. Its nice to see that finally happening.
sds

This is a real interesting one. I think it would really depend on what kind of game you play. Having the extra player on the ice would for sure be nice but I think for a physical and defensive team like San Francisco I would definitely want to be immune to penalties and icings. I think our game just suits that style better. If we could be that heavy hitting team and not have to worry about penalties that would be fantastic and since we play a good defensive game I think not having to deal with icings would just make that even better. If we had a more skilled puck possession team I think I would prefer the extra player for sure.

There is plenty of stuff we could have done differently as an organisation to make a push, but it would be at the cost of sacrificing futures. San Francisco has been fairly patient by design as we believe in our scouting and our ability to develop a good team with the pieces we came in with. But say we got impatient and wanted to make a move, we could definitely have moved out some of our top prospects and picks in favour of some very good players as there were plenty available. As for what HLO could have done differently, I think he played fairly well but I would have liked to see a little more offensive production from him when the games were close. I think that's something you really look for in veteran leaders on the team and a timely goal or two could have definitely pushed us in the right direction.

Colorado and San Francisco. In all seriousness though I think Colorado was close. They are a well run team with a great culture that has lasted over multiple GMs over the seasons so I have faith that they will get over the hump eventually. As for the SHL I think it's either Texas or Toronto so in that sense the playoffs kinda played out in a way that should be surprising to no one. If you put a gun to my head I’d probably say Texas. Puoli and RCD are great users and Puoli is a FHM whiz so I fully expect them to be a team we see win a cup in the coming seasons.

15. Milestone Claim (+3)

16. Written. Something nice! 3 TPE.
Oh man, there are so many people on this site that I just love. But I think I just really want to that the Pride this season. It has been so incredibly rewarding for me seeing that locker room grow from what it was to what it is now. When I took over I had no idea what I was doing and at times it was very unclear to me if I was taking the team in the right direction or not but I don't really feel that at all anymore. All the positivity and camaraderie is just wonderful and its really rejuvenated me. So a big thank you to everyone in the Pride, you've been fantastic so far. We are finally coming out of the worst part of the rebuild, its all downhill from here! Here is to a cup or two in the 60's!

16/16

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Code:

I think there were a few surprising things during the past season, and while the Toronto North Stars have been a great and upcoming team for quite a number of seasons now, the fact that they made it to the semi-finals from almost always missing playoffs due to the extremely strong group they're in (drain the great lakes). Their strong playoff performance this season would be surprising from a team that has not seen much playoff time during the past seasons. Looing at the regular season standings seeing how dominant the Great Lakes divisions continues to be in the Eastern Conference and the league as a whole. But while the old dominants are still there ( as we can see in the final lineup) the previously mentioned Toronto North Stars performance and showing this season should give the rest of the league some food for thoughts and start planing for how to deal with the powerhouse the Great Lakes continues to be.

(161 words)

Code:

If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on
doing next season to continue your team's success?

Sitting at home watching the playoffs is never a fun experience as all of us would obviously like to play in these important games. To no-ones surprise the New England Wolfpack struggled this season and we will most likely struggle for a few seasons yet before our young roster comes up as a force to be reckoned with. The entire team is hard at work improving our game and our physical strength to ensure we can reach the goal of first becoming a regular play-off attending team and then finally in 2-3 seasons a cup contender. Management has done a good job so far of keeping the roster together and have started making some moves to strengthen our  defensive core with the acquisition of the star defender FR Finn-Rhys. With that, the only thing both I personally can do and the team can do is continue earning TPE and improving as players and as a team, with the core hopefully staying together well into the teams prime, we should have good chemistry on all our lines and should as mentioned really be a forced to be reckoned with in a few seasons.

(192 words)

Code:

I think this one is quite clearly the Toronto North Stars, the team has been very strong for a few seasons now but have often missed out on the play off spot by being in the dominant Great Lakes division. With 2 teams from the division in the finals and Toronto North Stars finishing above the Buffalo Stampede speaks for itself in regards of team strength. This year when they finally made it to the play offs they straight away got to the semi finals and was close to going all the way! The team is nearing it's prime with still a relatively young team, but all nearing their prime TPE wise.

(112 words)

Code:

What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

This years IIHF tournament will be really interesting, while I obviously hope Sweden will do well I think we still have a bit too young team to really be a favorite. But we are up and coming and still have old high TPE players such as Ola Wagstrom to help carry the team while us younglings grow into great players. With the addition of First-Name Last-Name a few seasons ago we have another great player in the team that will help secure those key wins. Of course we cannot forget about Gunnar Söderberg who's always a dominant player and should not be counted out. There are simply too many good players on the team to count team Sweden out of any competition. The team also has a lot of young players in Rikard Bjerg, Alexander Oscarsson and Reid Sutherland to name a few. My own Calvin Hobbes is coming up, but still a few seasons off being really impactful in the prestigious tournament

(163 words)

Code:

a. The Buffalo Stampede will be out for revenge against the recently dominant Hamilton Steelhawks, the team needs to channel that energy and will to win and overcome the Steelhawks to bring out their edge. The Buffalo Stampede also needs star goalie Elizabeth Doyle to play an amazing series to limit the amount of goals they allow in each game in the series. (62 words)

b. As this is written after the finals is done and Hamilton Steelhawks is our champion, the Goal For  won out, I did bet on Hamilton as well as they have been so incredibly strong for the past few seasons and the Buffalo Stampeded did need their entire defensive core and Elizabeth Doyle to play a great series to keep the Steelhawks at bay. (63 words)

c. While I do like both teams, I prefer the Hamilton Steelhawks branding, the colors and the logo is nicer and looks more intimidating than the Buffalo Stampedes, the Buffalo Stampedes logo and color scheme does melt into each other a bit too much for my taste and makes the cleaner Hamilton Steelhawks jersey look that much better. (57 words)

d. First on the ice is Michael Scarn, giving me both a Center and a feared goal scorer, an offensive force to be reckoned with. Secondly Bobby Sharp comes out, securing another great player who can also ensure the team wins the draw and maintains possession of the puck. Thirdly, Nicholas Owens as my defensive key piece who'll act as a second goalie should the need arise. Last but not least, Alexander Selich to get another player who has deliver many passes during the season. (84 words)

Code:

New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your
Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Milestones Claim 1 TPE

TPE: 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 = 16

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

Code:
I don't think there was a surprise as big as Winnipegs playoff run last season. However, having the Baltimore Platoon make the playoffs over both New England and Tampa Bay was a big surprise. It was down to the wire on who would be making it, but the BAPS made it happen.
Texas was also another surprise. Not where they finished, but just how they did it. The regular season they had was simply nothing short of incredible. Only 11 losses and 109 points is a premier year for them. And they are still improving! I think we are looking at a a future where Texas are about to break the dominance of Buffalo and Hamilton by winning a cup.  Which is something that has not happened to a team in the western conference since New Orleans did it all the way back in Season 54.
The future is definitely bright for both Texas and BAP.

Code:
I think Alex Oscarsson would simply need to develop his all around game. 19 points in 66 games as a new defense man just recently swapped is acceptable. But he has some holes in his game. His defensive side can be worked on more despite his crazy amount of shots blocked. And of course, just gain more experience. Our window of contention has not kicked in yet so up until that point it will all just be about getting experience and improving my game until we can truly contend for that cup.

But as for the immediate future - next season. I would like to become even more reliable in the defensive facets of the game. Making sure that our goalies Frans Eller and Leo Bloomfield will have an easier time. To also make sure our star forwards can go on the offense while trusting the solidity of our defense. Frankly, I just want to become better.

Code:
Something I alluded to earlier by praising the Texas Renegades for their incredible regular season, I also feel like they deserved something more out of it. They lost in 7 games in the semis and played at a really high level through the entire season. Maybe they wouldn't have bested Hamilton in the finals either way, but they definitely deserved to get a great chance at the cup. If not just for the simple reason of making the league more exciting. It gets a bit tiresome seeing most of the same teams either winning it or reaching the finals. It is time for new kings to take their place.

Code:
Sweden are winning the IIHF this year. After years of good performances against bigger, better, stronger and most importantly deeper teams they are finally getting ready to show what they're going for. Many new faces such as Hobbes, DuBolk and Bjerg are making the jump to the big leagues adding to the older core of Passamus and Wagstrom. This is a very young team, but a young team that is constantly improving. Vilde and Jobin are the goalies for this tournament, with veteran Vilde taking the starter position. When looking at their biggest strengths however, a strong and solid defensive core stands out. And among those mere mortals stand Sven Yxskaft. A player that is fierce, offensively gifted coming from a strong season with the New England Wolfpack he is expected to lead the backline like a prime Dylan Karlsson. This team will be better than many expect. They will even be so good that the Yellow team from Scandinavia turns to gold. You also have Gunnar Söderberg, Sven Svensson, Joseph Fantobens and all the other greats!

Code:
Buffalo just has to play a very cynical game. Play hard along the boards, get pucks deep and not be out there for too long are some very important things. They also have to make sure they stay in shooting lanes and block shots to give their goalie the best shot possible.

Code:
They say offense wins games, defense wins championsships. It is a very classic old saying that I don't fully believe in, at least when it comes to hockey. You often see teams who are not the best defensively go far on the back of the goalie. This is what will happen, which is why Hamilton will win.

Code:
I prefer the Hamilton Steelhawks over the Buffalo Stampede any day of the week. I find the coloring of Buffalo to be decent, but the logo is very dull as well as the team name. Hamilton have a nice color scheme, great name, a great logo and a great name. They don't have the best in the league, but they are top 5 I would say.

Code:
Michael Scarn, Matt Kholin, Alex Selich and Sam Michaud. Some extremely great offensive talents all around with some of the best players in the league that also have a ton of experience. Two from each team, and they get the simmer *rigged buff from having Matt Kholin on the ice. This team will win my fictional team the cup.

Code:
Claiming 1 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3008343

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 10:16 PM by Tayjay.)

PBE affiliate   +3 TPE

Code:

S58 Milestones

Code:
I think one surprising thing was just how good this Toronto team is.The Great Lakes were unsurprisingly super tough top to bottom, but the Toronto North Stars were able to finish second in the division and had one of the best records as a team. To further show how surprising this team was was how young they are. With only a couple of players in regression we boast almost an entire team made up of youth and players drafted by our own General Manager. We have been able to acquire solid talent in the drafts and then keep them around as we built through a lot of rebuild years. We were also able to move some assets to acquire top players when we needed to. The funniest most surprising thing about this whole season is that we never got the first overall pick in the draft when we were losing all of those games, but the first time we make the playoffs we get the first AND the second pick. -170 words

Code:
I plan on trying to make my defense a lot better next year. My offense increased by leaps and bounds this year and I even had quite a few go ahead goals. I'd like to be able to lead the the second line some more and I also want to get on some of the penalty kill and power play units. I want more opportunities to help this team on special teams and even get some shootout goals. My defense was amazing back when I was playing in the junior league but it has been very hit or miss in this league. I want to work on getting my defense good enough that I'm among the top on my team in takeaways, and hits. My game needs to be more two way. Less turnovers and an increased focus on defense to help my team more. I'm starting my fifth? season up at the major league level and it's about that time that I took that next jump in development. - 169 words

Code:
I keep writing about the Toronto North Stars and how good they were but I truly think they could have won the cup this year. They were battle tested all year and had youth on their side with some very good veterans. Even our young guys were playing well and were able to come right in and contribute immediately. Carpy was a monster for most of the year and our other veteran Mika had himself another great season and has cemented himself as one of the best forwards in Toronto North Star history. Barron leads the defense and Bobby Lane was easily our most improved player. 33 seconds away from making it to the finals. -115 words

Code:
I would probably have to pick the 6 skaters. You could always have a player back for the penalties and if you do happen to catch them in a counter attack you automatically have an advantage due to the amount of skaters you have. The no penalties thing is good but I think the 6 players allows you to stay fresh and gives you advantages that no penalties cannot offer. You could basically always have a player up on the blue line ready to breakout or have a player permanently back ready to get the puck back into the offensive zone or to prevent breakaways. It seems like the superior option. -111 words

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

PBE PT +3 TPE
2. I would 100% choose the option of being immune from all penalties. Can you imagine just being able to fucking smash all of the other teams players into the glass so hard they cannot walk straight and then just get away with it? I would tell my enforcers to just hurt people and play the dirtiest of dirtiest hockey. It would be entertaining for sure and I would love the fuck out of it. More skaters is always nice, but you cannot deny the potential of just being immune from the rules to keep people safe on the ice. IT would be smashingly fun. Billy Brooks would have an absolute ball of a time. (114 Words) +2 TPE
11. Podcast +4 TPE
c. I have to say I think Buffalos branding is def better. I am bias of course as I am a prospect in Buffalos system, but I really do like their logo and colors quite a bit. I think the greens look nice together and the buffalo logo itself looks super nice in my opinion. i was really sorry to see them lose, but I hope they can find some better luck when I made it to the majors and cause some havoc of my own! (85 words) +1 TPE

15. MIlestones +3 TPE
16. I have to say really someone who I have been exposed to quite a bit recently in this league that I have really enjoyed meeting and talking to has got to be @bdu754 . The beeg-yoshi man himself. He is super active in the Serkers locker room and I recently became lr teammates with him the PBE as well. He is often making me laugh and he just seems like genuinly a really good guy to have in your locker-room when you are trying to run a team. I am really gonna miss having him in Newfoundland, but I really do wish him the best in the SHL. Looking forward to seeing him again when we play someday in the majors!! Good guy Beeg. (123 Words) +3 TPE

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 08:29 PM by damienj10.)

Disregard I already posted on page 7