Create Account

S59 PT #1 Preseason

Much like you said that bold assumptions do not come true from preseason sims I have to agree that it almost always ends up being the case and any assumptions I am going to make here are not going to be fully based on preseason. Los Angeles for example had almost no strats in for preseason and thus did got awful losing almost every game and just flat out playing terribly. If making guesses based off of that data and stats it would appear LA would be well on their way to last place and throwing out our first round pick while playing absolutely terribly. While LA has by no means played amazing so far to start the season we are still sitting comfortably fighting for top 5 in the conference right now and with a couple wins could jump into the top 3 pretty easily. I think basing stats off of preseason when most teams don't take it very seriously and put actual lines and strats in is pretty inaccurate and its unfortunate for anyone getting their hopes up based on performances during it.

185 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

So I dont pay attention to the preseason, so this is pretty hard to make any conclusions. So I'm just going to look at the Baltimore Platoon preseason results for the first time and make random ass conclusions based on that. So here we go:

Prediction 1: Baltimore will have a record over .500

In the preseason, Baltimore finished with a 4-2-1 record. While Im not sure that solid of a record will stick up, I do believe that this is a signal to the rest of the league that Baltimore is out of the basement, and will be at least winning the same amount of games they lose.

Prediction 2: Baltimore will play only OT games

Not really, but like wtf, 3 OT games in 7 samples? Something tells me tight matchups that go more than 60 mins will be very common for us this season

Prediction 3: LPLL is now a sniper

Tied for 3rd on the team with 2 goals, and on 16 shots, no doubt the enforcer is basically like Ovechkin now

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

I am hoping me and the scarecrows can have a great season but it really isn't looking that way, Lebron Brady came out the gates as if he was playing at a lower overall than other players as if he got a late kick start and the scarecrows offense and defense is horrible. Poor Iorek Brynison who has had such a great season and the rest of the team isn't doing much for them. Yes we are young and the future is bright but you never like to see such a bad season. I do think we might be able to put together a run in the playoffs however because the young guys will get to settle in more and pick up more from the coaches and older players. I must say, however, Iorek Brynison, Greg Davies, and Dane Von Gucci are all really popping of this season, so is Ethan Brouchard with an amazing 7 assists. Go Scarecrows!

161 Words

I have not looked at preseason results until now and the thing that jumped out to me was the fact that Edmonton and Atlanta had a perfect record in preseason. These are two teams that made big offseason additions, in Dick Clapper for Atlanta and Scoochie Stratton for Edmonton. Edmonton has always had a good roster but goaltending was a weakness for them last season after the retirement of Emiko Spector, Stratton is one of the most talented young goalies in the league and turns goaltending from a weakness to a strength for them. Based on the preseason, I predict that Edmonton will be one of the true contenders from the west and will make the challenge cup final. For Atlanta, signing Dick Clapper gives them a lethal top line in Clapper - van Otter - Zheng. They showed instant chemistry in preseason and while their roster may be lacking depth, I predict that they will win their division and give the GL teams a run for their money.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2021, 11:37 PM by dogwoodmaple.)

One thing is abundantly clear after preseason play - the Rookie of the Year will come from the Maine Timber.  We absolutely killed the draft this season and it's already paying dividends.  Between Duncan the Walrus and J.J.J.J Angler, the trophy is coming to Maine.  Not only are these two players incredible on the ice, but they're even more impressive in the locker room.  With Duncan's elite two-way defending and Angler's timely scoring, they will both shoot up the Rookie of the Year charts as the season rolls along.  And they aren't just impressive based on their own individual stats, but for what they mean to the team as a whole.  Maine has a strong core of older, capped players, but lacks some depth down the line.  Having two rookies come in from day one and fill a massive hole, continue to earn at a high clip, and make a difference on the ice is invaluable.  Whether you're looking at activity, on-ice performance, or overall value to a team, it's clear that one of those two will be named the league's best rookie.  Will it result in a Cup title?  Perhaps.  But one thing's for sure - Maine's future is as bright as can be with these young stars. We have instant stars on both sides of the ice and have two legitimate MVP candidates for the near future. Our trophy case will soon be expanding!

234 words

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Detroit is expected to be one of the best team this season. Preseason is only 7 games, the Falcons went 4-3. It's too much of a short sample size for expectations to change while also considering random lines were thrown out there. One thing for sure though, even if Quebec lost a lot of pieces from that championship squad, I don't think they're a last place team like they performed in preseason. Also Maine finishing in last in season 58 and now showing the best record after those 7 games is really unlikely to translate in the regular season.

On a personal note, my player Marco Barengrub had a pretty quiet showing with only 2 assists. Like I previously said, I'm not too worried about those numbers. Barengrub didn't play with Salzberger Lillehammersson and Viktor Zukal, his linemates from last season. They did really well on the 4th line and that same line now getting 3rd line minutes, Barengrub expect to improve of his 25 points and at least reach the 35 points mark.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

The Atlanta Inferno will be the best team in the league.
I think looking at the pre season, they dominated on both ends of the ice and was the reason why they were able to be at the top of the league. Well, they were tied with the Edmonton Blizzard, but Atlanta was able to score more goals than the Canadian team and they were also able to let in less goals than their polar opposites.
The addition of Dick Clapper will be a huge gel for the Inferno compared to last season. He will complete their depth that they were missing last season and will become the guy that the team can count on. It will loosen up some of the weight thats been placed on players like Dominic Montgomery, Guy Zheng and Eko Van Otter. As a core, with the experience that these players have, they will be able to dominate the very competitive conference. Hopefully they will be able to learn how to beat the teams like Hamilton and Chicago. If they do, I will not be surprised if the Inferno burn their way to the top.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

It is always fun to make wild predictions based upon the very small sample size of the preseason. Given that, here are some predictions for the Tampa Bay Barracuda.
The Barracuda went 2-4-1 for 5 points in the preseason matchups. Extrapolated out over a full 66 game season, we would expect a record of 19-38-9 for 47 points. This would put them at 7 points fewer than they had during Season 58. I would find it highly unlikely that they would regress that much from last season, but crazier things have happened. During this preseason they had a Goals per Game of 2.42 and a Goals Against per Game of 3.57. Again, if we look at last season they had a Goals per Game of 2.74 and a Goals Against per Game of 3.63, both numbers slightly higher than this preseason showed. Overall, it is possible that these are the numbers they may be hanging around.
Even given this, I predict that these numbers are wrong. Many players, myself included, had forgotten to update prior to the preseason. I feel these updates will help to push the Barracuda to achieve better results than they had last year.

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

156 words

Big prediction for me comes in terms of Evgeni Petrov season. As shown by previous season, Evgeni Petrov has insane talent. Dare I say beeg talent. This talent means that Evgeni Petrov will step up big time and threaten starting role before taking over next season as starter. Goal is to get more than 5 shutouts this year and get save percentage over .900 and I predict Evgeni will get 7 shutouts and save percentage of .909. While not big adjustment is still adjustment and adjustment for the better, is great fun! The Newfoundland Berserkers will become dominant team this year as well, win cup and give Evgeni Petrov a title yes! Loss of fat Yoshi from locker room hurts team big time but enough people are there to carry the load of Yoshi has left behind. One of those people is Evgeni Petrov, big ego and big presence on and off ice. Very good Evgeni!

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

My team, the Carolina Kraken, had a really solid 6-1 performance in the preseason. A preseason record like that all but guarantees a cup so I'll be looking forward to the parade at the end of the season. As for my personal performance, Granny PanPan was putting points up and playing solid defense at the other end, playing big minutes and being a two way force in those 7 games. No goals in those games but 5 assists proved that there was solid play driving capabilities that will surely translate through the entire rest of the season. Carolina had a teamwide corsi of roughly 58% so we are poised to control the shot count in every game we play, and with WJC MVP Ragnar-Alexandre Ragnarsson-Tremblay in net stopping everything that comes his way, it wouldn't surprise me if the Kraken don't lost a game all year. Further development of youth will only cement this years Kraken as an incredible threat.

The Preseason is meant to help players get into shape for the upcoming season. The results are mostly meaningless, but they can hold some future plotlines for the beginning of the year. I have looked at the results and have a few thoughts on what may or may not occur based solely on the Preseason outcomes. The New Orleans are in for another long and painful rebuild year. I can see some prospects getting some serious playing time to prepare for the future dominance the Specters are sure to have over their division. The Texas Renegades will not have as smooth a ride to being the top team in the SHL. They will be successful, but they will face some tougher competition this time around. This last prediction is more of a hot take, but I'll stand by it. The Challenge Cup will be won by a team in the Northwest Division.

[Image: 0e74c4f10c67302fb6940daad50975de-20210425102629287.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

well since the atlanta inferno fire chicken birds flames thrashers were undefeated in the preseason (or as some would call it, the precursor games to the regular season), we can easily extrapolate that the atlanta inferno fire chicken birds flames thrashers of the simulation hockey league in the the fifty seventh season of the league are going to go undefeated at sixty six wins and zero (or none!) losses. wow that is a bold prediction i hear you say well of course but it's backed by the data so you can't really argue against it or you're against science! ha gotcha idiot you're looking like a real idiot now. next thing you know the atlanta guys are gonna win the cup while calling up the one hundredth thirty second micool (or @micool132) so that he can also win the cup along with the rest of the team even though he is just a prospect he'll be a really good benchwarmer i swear.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Chicago is looking to once again be a top team in the league if we take pre-season seriously after they managed to go 6-0-1 with their only defeat coming in a shootout to the Tampa Bay Barracuda, they could very realistically end up winning the Great Lakes this year if they can keep up their production from the pre-season going into the regular season. Akashi Sixnine managed to score 6 goals in 7 games so my hot take is he'll score over 45 points in a 3rd pairing role this year with zero minutes of power play time and very limited PK time, if he manages to score over 45 ES points I think he should easily win the Stevens due to his lack of ice-time. As for my own player, I'd like to break 40 points again but my much more realistic goal is to just manage to outscore Jules Watt. If I don't I might retire.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

It looks like that the preseason showed that my player has problems to perform on the same level he did a season ago and that last season wasn’t just bad luck. While Wachter was a point per game producer before last season he now has to show that he still can be the top guy Texas needs beside Kekkonen and Kvalheim. But looking at preseason stats, it shows that there is something not working for him. I mean it was only preseason and there is a lot of time to get back in shape but still there is always that taste around. I really hope that I can turn it around this year and make the jump back to be a elite player. Looking at the Teams it shows again that the Great Lakes teams are the guys to beat, but Texas improved again and is now a serious contender and will give them a hard fight for the cup.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page