Create Account

S59 PT #2 Your Day Off!

On my off day, I had to return to my home country, Land of Gumba. The Land of Gumba is such a beautiful and majestic place that I get so homesick all of the time. I always miss that Gumban hospitality and beautiful landscapes. It is always good to go back home and see my father, SHL hall of famer Teddy Cuddles of the Edmonton Blizzard and my mom Sam Manson from Danny Phantom. Prospect Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba Esq. and I often stay at my summer home in Penguin Town and enjoy the hometown cuisine. As the only two current players hailing from the Land of Gumba, the Gumban people love to see their favorite players back home. Ambacas Cuddles loves to sign autographs for the fans. Ambacas Cuddles is truly for the people. When he returns home, he hands out free FHN merch to all that he meets, because FHN is for the people.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

[Image: ZAKEdnp.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

ok so on his day off, atlanta inferno defenseman (right handed defenseman playing on the right side) turned forward (left winger in particular but sometimes other positions as well) guy zheng is really planning on relaxing at his house while having his window replaced because it was broken. however, fast forward a few days to when it's actually his day off, and he's getting his window replaced, the guy coming in to replace the window (who looked suspiciously like @micool132 I might add, kind of a weird coincidence) actually brought a window that was slightly too small for the opening, so he had to go back and order another window of the actual correct size. however, because he has to order another window, now this window that he brought which was slightly too small for the opening has to be used or disposed of in some way, so guy spent a few hours discussing with the window guy about what to do with the window. meanwhile, the window guy kept making small talk about glassware and pipes and it was getting a little weird because guy really wasn't sure where the conversation was headed.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

A day off... a day off... a day off. Those words in that order are foreign to Erik Andrews. He rarely gets days off- not because the Battleborn are rigorous in their training, but... he just doesn't really let himself take days off. It's always a constant grind to him- putting his head to the ground and just training to become the best player that he can possibly be.

But while days off are rare for Erik, he capitalizes on them. Mostly by sleeping. Lots of sleeping is involved in a day off. Usually until around 12 Noon. But after that, it's a lot of doing things with his significant other and his dogs. Usually he'll  hop on FaceTime and check in with his parents, who have moved back to Prague since he went pro. So it's, mainly, a lot of catching up and spending time with those who matter most to him.

And, of course... Erik eats a fuck ton of junk food. Like... an unhealthy amount.

[Image: eandrews.png]

Conner Hutton wants some bitties, and NOLA is not the place to get them. Thankfully, the break had begun after the Specters road trip to Los Angeles. We all know what the California girls are like.

Hutton went up to pick up one of his old teammates, Jimmy Wagner @sve7en, and the bastard said he had to prepare for the next game in a couple of days. A couple? That seems like a break to Hutton. So instead, Hutton took Grape Fruit @canes2112, because the kid seemed to be a little shy around the girls. Obviously, Hutton and Fruit drank an insane amount that night, and in what ended up as a Hangover-like movie the next morning, Hutton was in hot water with the LAP mafia. But it was fine, Hutton found some rando in the street that looked the exact same as little Grape Fruit, and they haven't noticed since!

Sadly, Hutton is afraid the results might show it is not the same person. But he hopes by the time it is noticed, the real Grape Fruit will turn up eventually. Who knows, maybe he is still at that one strip club.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 01:50 AM by arturs33.)

During my day off I usually do something unrelated to hockey. If it is game day for Dallas Mavericks, I usually get in my Lamborghini and drive around in search for wi-fi connection to watch game online or watching some highlights from Porzingis plays. If nothing really happens, I like to drive around Anaheim, sometimes just looking around, sometimes just looking for nice chick so I can enjoy good night sleep in my bed, covered in sheets and random girl, instead of sleeping in my Lambo again. Sometimes I like to visit museums or something entertaining. Sometimes I get under hood of my car, checking, repairing so I am always good to go. Sometimes I just hang out with my teammates. Been to skate park with Jack Micro in several occasions. If there is big game upcoming, I am usually watching tape with coach and locker roam to better prepear for it, analysing our mistakes and set up a game Plan. Pretty eventful day usually.

[Image: ieNy2MY.jpg]
Not gonna thank anyone

[Image: LVN_ThingsToDo-04.png]
Jump off a 102 story tower....
It’s Vegas...
The Stratosphere Tower..
Seemed like a perfectly sane idea for a day/night off.

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

A hockey free day for Mikael Choybuk is never much a breaking news kind of day, these days. Mikael is a veteran, so he spends his days off with the family, or just going out and about in Calgary with some of his teammates. Usually that means a staple of the Calgary Dragons, a chicken parm at nice dinner, or just a nice hike to some water. Mikael Choybuk was a bit of a wild character in his younger days, but as one of the vets on the Dragons, he just wants to kick back and take it easy. If you need him to be the designated driver on a drunken night out with the boys, then he will do that too. Sometimes his day off also could mean live streaming video games. Choybuk plays a lot of Rocket League and has a bit of a following on Twitch in the Dragons fanbase.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

[Image: pixlr-20210502102429634.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Quote:Written task: We all love playing hockey, but at the end of the day it is still a job, which means it is always nice to have a day off. You've just had 6 days straight of either a game or practice, how do you spend your hockey-free day?(150+ words)

Ryuuji always feels a little weird on his day off. With so much hockey in his life the days in which he is not busy with the sport just feel very off. However Kawashima has been looking into ways to keep himself busy on these days off. First off all Ryuuji will sleep in for an extra hour or two. He will slowly wake up and get going with his day. Then it is baking time. Kawashima has been baking breads and pastries for a bit now and they are great ways to keep busy on his day off. His girlfriend also enjoys these activity so it gives them something to do together making absolute delicious things. Ofcourse while the pastries and biscuits and breads are baking you need to find something to do in the meanwhile. Ryuuji has been dabbling in meditation as a way to wrap his head around the world and to put everything in line. Reflect upon the things happening in his life. It has been working quite well for Ryuuji has he feels more at ease and more focused on his goals in life.

[189 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

My days off after a long stretch of games usually start with a huge breakfast, eggs toast and bacon. Wash it down with a Caesar and thats a great start to any day. After breakfast I follow it up with a couple games of Warzone. Depending on how I'm doing, I may lose interest fairly fast, if that happens, then ifs time to grab a couple teammates and start a good old fashioned pub crawl. Calgary has a great selection of pubs to choose from to go between and have a drink or two... or twenty. When we decide maybe it's time to pack it in for the night, we go to our favorite pub and all order a chicken parm. Usually about this time, someone decides hey, the nights not done yet and convinces the rest of us to carry on. And that's the story of how our 1 day off typically turns into a 3d day bender that leaves the rest of our teammates wondering where we are.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

After such a grueling schedule the last few days, it's nice to see that day off on the calendar as a chance to unwind and recover a bit before returning back to the grind. I'll start it off with a nice hot shower, and spend a few extra minutes in there just letting the water soothe those problem areas that are getting more achy as I age. Once I'm done with that, time to get some breakfast. Egg whites, sliced strawberries, turkey bacon, multigrain toast and coffee. From there, I'll get a light cardio workout on the Peloton, but not do any of the classes today because I don't want anyone yelling at me like they have the past six. I'll catch up on some bills that gotta get paid, have a quick chat with my agent since I'm on a one year deal as he explains to me the upcoming expansion and what that might mean for me. Finally, I'm doing a bit of binge watching something on Netflix. Have you seen that new Shadow & Bone series? I got through six episodes on my off day. And does Ben Barnes like playing a bad guy all the time or what!?

Well for day off lot depends on if it is just single day or if you Björn gets more than one off as while not yet really old he isn't exactly young either anymore so there is some time needed for recovery every now and then. Like many times before I have mentioned his primary hobbies are hunting, fishing and racing but first two of those can not too easily be done if you are in hurry but as he has his private gravel track where he likes to take laps that is where you can find him very often on his days off if he isn't working on his car which he also likes to do himself as that way he knows how everything should handle. In case you don't find him on or under car he might be on the shooting range honing his skills for weekends when he has more time to go for real game.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

When people hear the name David S. Pumpkins, I think they generally think of two things: the beloved American tradition that is Halloween (and the spooky weeks leading up to it some may refer to as October), and shredding ice while slapping puck. What you might not know about David S. Pumpkins is that there's a third thing in his life that he loves just as much as Halloween and hockey; a nice relaxing day at the museum. That's right; when you see Pumpkins shredding up the ice and scoring hat tricks like he's [name of guy who invented the hat], you might be surprised to know he's one cultured pumpkin. On his days off, Pumpkins can often be found browsing museums, art galleries, historical societies, and generally old places with great interest. On his days off, if he's not hamming it up at the museum, Pumpkins can likely be found either eating, drinking, sleeping, or writing hate mail to his general manager Gabe.

[Image: kBkNrmu.png]
Armada Aurora

Hockey is a great way to get away from real life. But when real life is really great because you make millions of dollars playing in the SHL, it can be pretty draining to spend days on end on the road to play a children's game. Spending time with the lads is one of the best parts of being in the SHL. And off-days are no different. In fact, on most days, Kickz likes to take his teammates out for a little bit of shopping. With a very obvious obsession for shoes, Nike is always grabbing his worst dressed teammate and getting them into a new pair of shoes on the off days. Of late, it hasn't been teammates though, but instead management. Juke and Ham, although incredibly competent in the front office, have a horribly terrible time getting dressed up for the big occasions. "On draft day, I looked down and Juke was wearing a pair of Puma shoes. PUMAS. Are you kidding me?" Kickz told the Newfoundland media.

Kickz likes to make sure that there are no future Puma instances on his days off. Today, Juke, Ham and the rest of the front office team are all rocking an assortment of Nike's to their game day management duties and on draft day they will have custom ordered SMJHL Newfoundland Nike gear. No traditional suites. Nike track-suits and decked out shoes.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig