Create Account

S59 PT #4 All-Star Snub

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

A player that I believe was snubbed from the All-Star game is Monkey D. Luffy. He currently has exactly 36 points and 36 assists, for a total of 72 points. He has the most goals for the Buffalo Stampede and the third most points for them, and they are currently third in the SHL. I would love to compare his stats to other top players in the league but all I can see is “This is a placeholder”, which was apparently going to be fixed “very soon” over a month ago. I guess all I can do is compare his stats to other Stampede players. He leads the team in power play assists and is 3rd in power play goals. He averages the second highest PPTOI on the team and has the second highest shot percentage on the team. Overall, I don’t have much to compare him to, but I believe Luffy should definitely have been selected for the All-Star game.

[Image: wMOao8d.png]

Honestly, I dont even mean it to be cocky or anything but I personally believe that I, Kaspars Claude, deserve to be in the All Star. I feel like for most of my career I have gone unnoticed and even this year, when I am in the top of the league points for Defensemans and even have to face the top lines for the other teams as I am playing the first pairing. I also have one of the top Average Time on Ice for players around the league. Maybe my advanced ratings are not as good as others around the league but that can be a lot of different things. A lot of defenseman and players playing on weaker teams tend to have higher Ratings and even Blocked Shots just because they are being bombarded from the opponent. So because I am playing on more of a stacked team in Calgary, and I have a offensive play style, my other ratings and stats take a hit. But for what I am payed to do, I am one of the top in the league.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

ISFL Welfare

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

I think that Ryuuji Minamino is an all star snub for sure. At the time the all star rosters were picked Minamino was one of the leading goal scorers in the league. That is impressive in itself, but I think what makes it even more impressive and what pushes him to be in the all star conversation, in my opinion anyways, is that he was a leading scorer in the league without any powerplay time. Each and everyone one of his goals came at 5v5 and he was competing, keeping up with and outscoring the elite and more veteran players around him that were feasting on the powerplay. Not to take anything away from those players, but it is definitely more impressive to be leading the league in 5v5 goals with no boost from the powerplay. His total points may not be as high but again, he had no help from the powerplay. if you look at just 5v5 points i bet Minamino is right up there near the top of the league. So that is why he should have been included

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

A great weekend with an All-Star game is over, but some may have had a feeling of bitterness about the event because there are many more talented players who were not selected at all for the event. There are a number of things I could mark, but this time I want to mark Jon Forty-One, a great season in his performance. He is one of the leaders of the Edmonton team and has shown his Playmaker skills since he has brought in a total of 43 assists this season, which is really impressive, right? But he wasn't included in the star game, which would be a surprise to another, a normal thing for another. If this champion continues in such a style, big things can be expected from him next season. I hope, of course, that I will also expect anything from my player over the 30-point season. But he wasn't the only one, so there's nothing to hang his head, everything will be fine.

[Image: Ub7a2Mt.png]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Let me check the all-star roster!

Aha, aha, whoooa. I have no idea where is last all-star roster :D

After that, I checked S57 all-star roster and I'm really shocked at how they were made. Really. Sharp was a total drill that season and he got 3rd line winger spot. That's ridiculous. Scarn was good that season but Luffy and Sharp should be the top duet of that season. Frankly, I'm disappointed that Parmbourg was not on the all-star list that year. He and Barry was a dynamic duet. So biggest snub of that year was not putting him on the list. My opinion: Luffy - Sharp - Lane, Morgan - Scarn - Wilson, Batsbak - Parmbourg - Blackwood, Adam Barron - Wang, Claude - Kennedy Jr., Finn - Jeppanen, Doyle & Ramsey & Carpet.

Additionally I'd like to say that we have enough teams to make Team West & East. That would be more cool. Eventually, top 3-4 lines would be some kind of symbolic but roster sport on Team west or east would be some kind of fictional honor.

I think that this is pretty weird written task personally, because not all users who do PT's are following everything what's going on in this league. For example, I follow only my team and Finland in IIHF. That's pretty much it. So for me, I gotta take a look back at who made All-Star team and who not.

However, looks like All-Star teams were pretty understandable. Nothing really shocking or anything else. It looks like everyone who made it deserved it. From other point of view - maybe my player could've made it, because it plays pretty big role for Buffalo Stampede.

My player might not be the best defender in the whole league, but he has a good growth in each aspect, plus this is his best season yet in SHL. He made new personal record in points in one season just 50 games in this season. Might be good back up for All-Star team for sure. But who knows... Maybe next season!

163 words

Stars Stars Stars

The biggest snub by far is my good friend Gabriel Johnson. Not only is he an elite offensive defenseman, but he’s better than some of the guys the committee put in his place. With 40 points - including an impressive 15 goals, Johnson would clearly be a welcome addition - and an exciting one - for the all star game. Not onlt that, but he is one of the star players for Seattle, and that would surely draw some fans. There were a few questionable calls on the roster for the committee to have chosen over Gabe. Two defenders from San Francisco made it, despite San Fran having a very bad no good season, and both being under 30 points of writing this - more than 10 behind Johnson. I know the committee is attempting to look at other stats, the all star game should be for the most exciting of the players, and you can award who you think played the best game in the end of year all star teams. With every team needing to be represented, I understand one of the Pride defenceman, but with two - both with worse stats that our boy Gabe - this is by far the biggest snub.

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

With All the players that have made the s59 all star team, Monkey D. Luffy is without a doubt the renowned all star snub. He is probably the best player to have not made the list. It is actually crazy how he didn't make it when he is 3rd in the league as we speak in goals. He has 36 goals thus far and 36 assists for a grand total of 72 points. With a performance like that, one should easily be convinced that he will make the all star team, but then again things happen, and you may get left out. The 72 points also makes him tied for 8th in the league. Monkey D Luffy is a devil fruit bearer and we hope this can continue to make him be relevant as he progresses into regression. He might still have it in him to make the list next season and retire happily by reaching that achievement. He has done it before and we are sure he can do it once again.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2021, 11:04 AM by Blasoon.)

I do not think that Gabriel Johnson is a man who comes to the minds of most when talking about all star snubs. Yet this is merely the spot he wants to be in, in order to have the biggest chip on his shoulder as the Seattle Argonauts try and fight their way to their first postseason berth in franchise history. Rather, I would argue that Gabriel Johnson is a retroactive all star snub. He has had some of his best games since the all star rosters were announced. His games against the Los Angeles Panthers and Manhattan Rage in particular have seen him lead his team ever closer to the dance. I asked him how he felt about his snub and mr. Johnson was very succinct in his response:

"I don't give a damn about all stars. I do this for one reason, and one reason alone: N.A.S.H"

"What does N.A.S.H stand for?" you might ask.

Mr. Johnson wasn't clear but I feel it might be

Now
Argonauts
See
Playoffs.

Really, this is just a long way of saying I like Gabe and I like seeing my friends make all star games. Also 40 points is big-ish, right?

[Image: blasoon.gif]

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid463055

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

I think the biggest all star snub is obviously me, Keith Lee. As the premier defender on the Los Angeles Panthers I think it is a shame that I was left off the team based on my stats now. With 44 points in 61 games I am obviously one of the best defenders in the league when it comes to offensive production. On top of that I have 109 hits making me one of the more physical players on the team and I have an impressive 152 blocked shots showing my fearless game play and how much I will sacrifice my body to make sure I get the job done for the team. Overall I sit at 15th in the league in fantasy points for a player and while it is definitely not the end all be all for stats comparisons I think it is a good reason to include me because I am selfish and want to be on the team.

162 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]