Create Account

WJC Announcement

Free Norway. For no longer, we shall not be ruled by our team world overlords. Smh my head

05-18-2021, 04:40 PMPatty Wrote:
05-18-2021, 04:36 PMSlashACM Wrote: I actually think a czechia team would be better than a young guns team because then the newer guys could play with their actual countrymen as opposed to some rando s61s and get creamed by the teams with better players
Most will get to play with their countrymen on UCORAL.  Czechia gets a team, fills half the roster and wind up with leftover actives from other teams and what's really the difference?  Cause most of the leftover actives aren't capped players.

The other half of the ucorcal argument isn’t just that Czechia has 9 active forwards, 6 inactive; 3 active defensemen, 1 inactive; and 1 goalie, cal forgot s60 Philip Demitra, but also the fact that @duffy in Russia is pumping up their WJC eligible players.
Russia has 16 active forwards, 3 inactive; 2 active defensemen, with 2 inactive; and 2 active goalies, with 0 inactive. Like Latvia is a homie, but between the two of us we are fielding 45 players of which 33 are active. I dunno what Latvia’s numbers look like but we straight up got enough for two teams.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

While we are on the subject of individual countries, I'm just going to throw this out there..... TEAM SCOTLAND!!!! 

#TEAMINDYREF  #TEAMSCOTLAND

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

05-19-2021, 06:15 AMLairdButler Wrote: While we are on the subject of individual countries, I'm just going to throw this out there..... TEAM SCOTLAND!!!! 

#TEAMINDYREF  #TEAMSCOTLAND

#STURGEONOUT

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

05-18-2021, 04:16 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
05-18-2021, 03:12 PMZema Wrote: I think the WJC have to get creative with their solutions without destabilizing and changing the entire tournament year in and year out. UCORCAL might not be the best solution every season, but it's a good solution for most years. Team World could change every season and have teams go in and out of it depending on how many players they have. Finland and Sweden could get together with other nations, or DACH could split into a different type of coalition. But to what end? Making broad changes to the tournament structure every season will just cheapen the entire experience. Having these compromises in play allows for a semblance of stability with a possibility of getting creative at times when it really calls for it.

If that's the current sentiment then that's fine but the expectation 20 seasons ago was that numbers would be examined each season and teams changed accordingly including adding or subtracting teams and switching to combined teams when necessary but always being in favor of countries having their own teams.

Well, I can confirm that this was the expectation of the WJC teams up until my stepping down which was 10 seasons ago.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

05-18-2021, 10:00 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
05-18-2021, 04:40 PMPatty Wrote: Most will get to play with their countrymen on UCORAL.  Czechia gets a team, fills half the roster and wind up with leftover actives from other teams and what's really the difference?  Cause most of the leftover actives aren't capped players.

The other half of the ucorcal argument isn’t just that Czechia has 9 active forwards, 6 inactive; 3 active defensemen, 1 inactive; and 1 goalie, cal forgot s60 Philip Demitra, but also the fact that @duffy in Russia is pumping up their WJC eligible players.
Russia has 16 active forwards, 3 inactive; 2 active defensemen, with 2 inactive; and 2 active goalies, with 0 inactive. Like Latvia is a homie, but between the two of us we are fielding 45 players of which 33 are active. I dunno what Latvia’s numbers look like but we straight up got enough for two teams.

16 players a team?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-19-2021, 01:02 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
05-18-2021, 10:00 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: The other half of the ucorcal argument isn’t just that Czechia has 9 active forwards, 6 inactive; 3 active defensemen, 1 inactive; and 1 goalie, cal forgot s60 Philip Demitra, but also the fact that @duffy in Russia is pumping up their WJC eligible players.

16 players a team?
He's saying we could split the three countries into 2 teams. Czechia plus Latvia and Russia plus Latvia.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2021, 01:16 PM by Duff101.)

I would love for Russia to have its own team, I think the better move is to split UCORCAL into two subfeds. Russia and Latvia/Norway and then Czechia and someone else. Both teams will be able to field an active roster and both will have the majority of its active roster seeing the ice.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

05-19-2021, 01:15 PMDuff101 Wrote: I would love for Russia to have its own team, I think the better move is to split UCORCAL into two subfeds. Russia and Latvia/Norway and then Czechia and someone else. Both teams will be able to field an active roster and both will have the majority of its active roster seeing the ice.

Yes please

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

Free Czechia.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

05-19-2021, 01:12 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
05-19-2021, 01:02 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: 16 players a team?
He's saying we could split the three countries into 2 teams. Czechia plus Latvia and Russia plus Latvia.
so latvia gets split in half and russia and czechia dont?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Wait if y'all want Russia + whoever and czechia + whoever what is the point of breaking up UCORCAL

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

05-19-2021, 01:38 PMSlashACM Wrote: Wait if y'all want Russia + whoever and czechia + whoever what is the point of breaking up UCORCAL

Moving toward federation independence, getting all of our active players on the roster.

05-19-2021, 01:42 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
05-19-2021, 01:38 PMSlashACM Wrote: Wait if y'all want Russia + whoever and czechia + whoever what is the point of breaking up UCORCAL

Moving toward federation independence, getting all of our active players on the roster.

You should like UCORCAL it has CAL in it

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Alternate suggestion, increase the number of teams (Czechia, Russia with their own but instead with 3 forward lines a la SHL)?

Main downside is that it's possible and likely that new created rookies, the ones who are most excited about this, could be left out from deeper nations.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]