Create Account

S60 PT #3.5: Appreciation

@Dextaria

Well I do not think I can do a better right up than the one you did for me, but I want to echo what you said. It was great meeting you and chatting with you. I have seen you take this league by storm, but more important, in all aspects of my life you have been supportive and encouraging, even as I doubted my self. You watched my readings and celebrated with me this spring when I graduated with my master’s. Thank you for always reading the snippets and rough drafts of stories and poems as I try and grow as a writer and transition into the next part of my life. You can always message me on discord, and I hope to get to visit you sometime and watch catch a hockey game. Hopefully we can get that farm going and build ourselves a nice little community there. I hope we finish out our careers as teammates with a couple of cups to our names.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

I am not as active as I used to be when I first joined this league and that was when I had a lot of close friends at the time but now I am not hyper active and I am just here to enjoy my time with my player and my teammates. When I joined, I was only a teenager and I was pretty stupid as well but I joined WKP where the average age was like the mid 30s and here I was in my teen years. I have made friends there and had a great time making great conversations and learning stuff about life and I am greatful to that WKP still. And then I went on teams like Tampa, Manhattan and Los Angeles and in a similar way, I have had great conversations with them and they come from any location. It is very enjoyable to speak with them and appreciate taking their time having a conversation with me.

[Image: giphy.gif]

With the craziness of COVID restrictions lifting in the US and the ridiculous weather the PNW had in June I've been much quieter in the SHL lately and if we're being honest may have gently wandered off into the sunset were it not for the people I've met in my year+ on the site.  I have mentioned a fair few of them in similar-style PT's in the past so now I want to highlight some other fun I've had in the community.  I had an absolute blast playing Among Us when that skyrocketed to popularity last year.  I had an absolute blast playing that game with people and hanging out in voice chat with an ever changing roster of great users that I hadn't interacted with before and in some cases since.  It was a small thing on the side of the actual goings on in the SHL, but I loved every moment.  Especially when @sve7en figured out I was an imposter and the very polite* words that were said when I barely beat him to the button and got the kill.

*Polite is used VERY loosely in this context

Wow talk about poor timing! I like this PT more anyways. I have been quite distant from the SHL the last few seasons. I still creep and follow the stats and big news, but I'm not on daily like I used to be, or hourly when I was GM haha. That being said I've still managed to keep in touch with a lot of the people that got me interested in the SHL back in the S30's and S40's. I'll name drop a few now.
@Ace - My first co-gm. I was a bit lost as a GM in this league and ace was instrumental in helping me shape the potential up and coming Blizzard in to a reality. We became best of buds and I even had the pleasure of meeting him in the flesh. Did not disappoint.
@blizzbois - We had a lot of ups and downs mixed with success and failures some seasons, but these guys stuck it out and helped Edmonton become the powerhouse it was (and still is) today. From draftees, to acquired via trade and some even via free agency I like to think most people enjoyed their time in Edmonton and I appreciate them making my time as GM so rewarding.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Going into everyone I've already met in this league would take way too damn long, so I'm going to hit the highlights with enough depth to complete this task and call it a day. Please don't be offended if I didn't include you.

Seems appropriate to start with the GM who kickstarted my career in this league, @Birdman! He's not Raptors GM anymore, but he's the one who brought me in as a first create undrafted free agent.  Also gotta shout out @Ruggsy for basically holding my hand through my rookie tasks and generally being an awesome guy for our Colorado locker room! Also to be found in that most excellent locale are two most excellent Frenchmen: haiku aficionado and build coach extraordinaire @lespoils, and the noted winner of cups, wielder of astral hammers, and nitro sugar-daddy @micool132, who never fail to entertain and liven up the room. Merci beaucoup!

Speaking of locker rooms, @Keygan is a monster of a GM who's put together a prospect core full of great guys. Big props to @boom as well, but Keygan was the guy who took point on scouting me and bringing me into the org. @steveoiscool and @"Minnesotafine" especially come to mind as locker room superusers who've become core culture guys before they saw a single puck drop in the big league. Also, it's a really small thing, but being the emoji smith for the Blizzard locker room has been really cool, so I'd like to thank everyone for the honor.

While I don't know any of you except Micool personally, I'd also like to give a big shoutout to all our updaters. This league would not function without you and the tedious data entry you fine gentlemen for no (IRL) pay! 

[304 words]

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]

ISFL Affiliation

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

My appreciation post would be similar to previous ones i've written about s47 dawgs, the EDM locker room, and the COL locker room. I thought I'd add a spin to it and mention how i plan on showing my appreciation (in the event that my life is cut short and the appropriate users need to be made aware of how appreciative they should be). I would appreciate things even further if the members of those servers set up a similar alert system to the one described below.

I haven't set it up yet, but I intend to line something up so that the locker room is alerted when I pass. I'm not in poor health (that i know of), but i think it would be fun for the gang to learn more about me once it can't really backfire. I'm relatively anonymous for professional reasons, currently. I have a lot of IRL friends that would take any chance that they could to fuck with me. I manage a handful of high-value social media accounts, so having an IRL friend find out about it and then troll it unapologetically looks very unprofessional on me, and having a nameless SHL'er try to fuck with me through my professional life is one of my bigger fears. So once if i die prematurely, I'd like a notification to go out to the edmonton and s47 draft class servers to announce my passing.

My SHL will and testament would send:
my fine art portfolio to Carpy.
my meme art portfolio to Noka.
my build to keygan to puppet around until i regress to 0 (but i'll prewrite a bunch of PT's so i'll live a little longer).
my multi's to stamkosfan so that stammer can get that extra recruitment tpe for the next build.
my SHL money will be the prize for a large multi-tiered graphic tournament.
my copy of FHM will go to the "Tokolosh Fund for Users who want Definitive Proof that they would Suck at GMing before Disrupting a Franchise, Foundation" and would be distributed by Keygan and Tony.
my streamraiders skins (that i won, i didnt spend a penny) would go to muford. he streams at muford.tv (?) weekdays from 4-8. it's a good time.

Everyone would learn my real name and my whereabouts and could read some exaggerated bullshit about how i "light up the room" or "was always there for a friend" or whatever embellishments are mentioned in my obituary.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Simulation Hockey League has been one of the best and most welcoming experiences in my life.  My first player was drafted to Detroit in season 53, where I unceremoniously left after only one season.  I recently returned with a new player, Ty Murphy, and it was as if I hadn’t missed a single game.  Multiple old teammates responded to my player thread, and I was quickly approached by old teammates via discord to catch up.  It’s so easy to continue to stick with my new player due to the welcoming atmosphere this website has.  Every step of the way has been such a pleasure and a treat, whether it be welcoming new players into the locker room, or building new relationships in a new locker room for myself.  Win or lose, it is so refreshing to just have a good time with a fun activity that I can enjoy with other people.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Lg0wIQo.png]

@Talls @Graydonsanatomy

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

I've been able to make a lot of friendships in my years in the league so far, and I think it's safe to say that for the most part, the entire SHL user base is very supportive of one another, even when we stop to shit talk from time to time. Guys like @JayWhy, @JR95 , @Ace are guys I've come to spend a lot of time talking to, respecting, and hanging out with on voice chat outside of the typical SHL chat things. Also people like @BadWolf and @ImShiny are two that I can message anytime, for any reason, and they are always more than willing to just have a nice chat with me about life and what might be bugging me, and they support they give are so important to me on a bad day. When I joined this site so many years ago, I could have never imagined the fact I'd meet so many amazing people that I hope to continue these relationships with as I continue my career(s) in the SHL & SMJHL.

From the very first moments I got to talk to @Steelhead77 and @Mike Izzy I knew that the Calgary Dragons was one the best SHL teams for me in the league to go to and now almost 2.5 years later it is a perfect fit. A lot of people on the site call us boomers and make fun that we are the old guys and maybe we are, but we have a ton of fun. Also besides having fun we are very (and I mean very) serious about food. We have actual chefs in the locker room and someone who takes care of his neighbourhood by sharing delicious cooked foods. We have poker nights, we had the hot chick draft and we make fun of Buffalo and Edmonton. There's not much more you can hope for in a team and the Calgary Dragons doesn't just feel like friends, they feel like family.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

I’m not tagging people. Unless I need to add to the word count. Being in this league for years now, it is a very cliquey place. Not that that’s bad, it is what it is, there’s a lot of people. I’m part of it, I got comfortable in my little corner of the site and this is where I live. My next player I’m not going to pigeon hole myself like I did with this one. Be more open to meeting people I’ve shared this place with for a long time, but was never more than a passing hi in a thunderdome.
I couldn’t be happier with it the friends Ive made here. Some more than others, some less. But it’s the whole community that makes it work. For instance, I don’t talk to many scarecrows. But I hate them. Not really hate, but being a falcon I hate them. For stuff from 20 seasons ago. Vast majority of the falcons weren’t here then, but the hate has been passed on from generation to generation making the Detroit bond stronger. That’s what makes this place fun. The suspension of reality and stupidity of it all. I love it.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

ISFL Affiliate task

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)