Create Account

S60 PT #3.5: Appreciation

I haven't been in this league for very long as this is my fifth season. There's some folks in our community that have been in the league for multiple real-life years. Still, I think there's a few folks that I've met that I would consider friends. First, I have to shout out the people I met when I joined the Vancouver Whalers in the SMJHL. This was my first team in this league, and they welcomed me with open arms. There's too many folks to call out specifically, but folks like @boom, @Dextaria, @Pythonic, @Skeleton Party, @DELIRIVM, and many more made it such a fun and interesting environment. That first Cup run was magical, and it was a joy to share with all of them. Once I got drafted to the SHL, I met more amazing people. @Nictox, @JKortesi81, @overdoo, @Huck24, @SlashACM, and @frithjofrare all great people and help make this league what it is.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid488413 - Claiming ISFL Affiliation this week cause I'm a little burned out.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2021, 07:10 PM by Weretarantula.)

07-07-2021, 04:12 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Oh boy here we go, let's see who I forget this time

@FuzzSHL I already told you in DMs but with you and @trella drafting me and creating such a magnificent first experience, you two helped start me on the path to where I'm at now

@trella you're a trailblazer and firecracker in your own right, you gotta keep up the style and crazy shenanigans you guys pull off in Tampa

@slothfacekilla your constant knowledge and ability to keep things positive for Rookies is something I try to emulate in every interaction I have

@TheDangaZone Your constant maturity and focus is a testament to your character, and of course that sweet honey sounding voice is a plus

@sve7en you already know literally everything that I could say here because I and many others have already carried your deserving praises

@overdoo smh thanks for leaving the J, so rude, how dare you be accomplished and impressive in your career already

@hockeyiscool you and your hot takes get me every time, you and Trella are gonna kill it more than you already have with Tampa

@Gumbaman you came out of the gate swinging early in your time here and have yet to stop, let me enjoy my seat for a little while before you try to take this too

@Mazatt still so happy we could bring you to USA, it's been a blast and we're gonna keep getting better

@Steelhead77 thank you so much always for bringing me to Calgary. It's been a great time since day one and hope you're doing well

@Mike Izzy you've been a fantastic GM so far and I can't wait to see what you keep up with the job! Keep up the good work!

@Katth hope the family is giving you some time to breathe, super cool to see you go from Kelowna to Calgary!

@Off you have created a Root monster and I hope you know what you're responsible for

@Slappydoodle Hope you're doing well Slappy, gonna keep pestering you for a BSH till it happens again!

@Weretarantula Get those models painted, can't wait to see the Heldrake when it's done!

@retuperkele you've been a great pickup since day one with the Kraken, super happy to see what you can do for Calgary. Keep up the GOAT work!

@BarnabasCollins Been an absolute pleasure getting to share the ice with such a fantastic player as Vilde, thanks for being such a great rolemodel

@Wally My god you're such a key part of this franchise, how else can we show thanks besides endless amounts of beer? Thanks for being such a great coach

Alright so can't wait to see who I forgot
I will, I will!

Shotgun edit: take that all you people I just tagged twice hahahaha

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2021, 07:34 PM by Z-Whiz.)

Hmm, do I really want to shout out my appreciation for hotdog in a public space? I feel like this could ruing my whole schtick of #FireHotdog. I just won't ping him and I'm sure no one else will read this. But regardless, hotdog was one of the reason I joined the league. He's been a great dude over in the ISFL and a perfect, no fuss, no drama user. It only felt right that I repay the favor and make a player over here. Prior to the draft, I told him there was no pressure for him to draft me and I would be fine on other teams. Thankfully he didn't listen to me talking myself down and showed faith in me. I've become more involved in the league and really enjoy it here. Maybe even more so than the ISFL. I like being a player and not having to worry about the daily planning and what not that comes with GMing. 

Also a big shoutout to Krash for being the first juniors GM to reach out to me and convincing me to join Maine. To all the Maine guys like toast, dogwood, goober, southpaw, and johnny, thanks for make a chill, relax place to hang out. You're all great people and I hope we'll be able to play together again.

To the ATL locker room, thanks for letting me be a degenerate. I see special things with this team and am glad to be a part of it.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Oh man, where to begin. The Carolina Kraken have welcomed me with open arms and invited me into their magical hockey brotherhood. Sounds dramatic, but I am legit uplifted at being able to make new friends in my 30's.@sve7en has been amazing, answers literally every question I've ever asked, invited me into discussions about my player and his goals, just an all-round great dude and great coach.
@Blasoon lives in a way out timezone, and when I work nights I get to chill with him at weird hours. @natedoeshockey is there too, he's just up at random times. Having the weird dynamic of swing=shifting between the two different sides of the squad has been super cool.
I can't namedrop everyone, but there are days where I am having a full-on bad time, and hopping into the discord the dudes always dog pile in to cheer me up. 

Love yall!

[Image: banes.png]

Both of the locker rooms I have been apart of have been extremely special. Joining the site, it was less than an hour before I got a DM from Overdoo scouting me for the Carolina Kraken. This was especially cool as it would be the closest SMJHL team to me if this were real. Fuzz then reached out and talked to me a bit about the site and the team. Luckily, they were the team that ended up selecting me in the draft and I got to meet the whole team and I was super excited. Then I got drafted by 7 during his interim GM stint in LA and that was super awesome too since we had the Carolina connection. Everyone in each locker room has been nothing but pleasant and I'm thrilled that these are the organizations I have been able to be a part of. My passing interactions with most other users on the site have been great too, as most of us just want to have a fun time trying to win the ultimate prize.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

I have found the SHL community to be a positive influence on my life. By far, not in terms of truly influencing my life - I haven't bought any merch yet - but in terms of a positive mental experience. The SHL and its community has been a welcome reprieve from the din of anti-vaccine, racist, homophobic voices I hear of late. The people on this site are nothing short of incredible and, short of @-ing everyone on the site, I'll mention a few people who've made this a great place to be.

It all starts when I first joined up. Kelly Rivet was my first player. JR created near me and he was the first person to message me on the site. Then I was drafted. Crutch in St. Louis made me feel so welcomed. They also introduced me to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (and I've played it literally every day since).

From St. Louis and Crutchfield, I was passed onto Portland and the Admirals where JP made me feel just as comfortable as Crutch had. I don't think I've laughed harder than when JP and Dankoa are making jokes. Then, Portland was turned over to Wally and I really enjoyed the locker room atmosphere of those days. Peeps like Tweedle, Bluesfan, Hazard were great personalities and I'm glad to see some of them are still on here.

And now I'm on my third player and I'm so happy to have met Jearim and Jaywhy and Sam and Thun from the Battleborn (and everyone else!). Also on Baltimore I've met a lot of awesome people - and wouldn't ya know it, JR - the first guy to message me - is on the squad.

Shoutouts to Mastersheep and the crew in Baltimore! Y'all beautiful.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

I have been a part of the SHL for the better part of 11 years. I was 19 when I joined and will be turning 30 this year which is wild to think of. Along the way I have made acquaintances for sure but have made 3 people I would consider to be legitimate friends.

JayWhy and I are very similar in how we react to things and our analytic minds. We both also just enjoy each other as people and have found common love for various things including wrestling (shoutout or short lived podcast and our rumble drinking) and Fall guys. Great pal.

Toast is someone who is very caring and a generally great human being. His random outbursts are hilarious and our times spent together are always great. Shoutout to our short lived podcast as well lol.

Buster is someone who I didn't always see eye to eye and there was animosity in the past. But Buster is a fun person to be around and real good friend.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 09:08 PM by Nhamlet.)

I think for as much of an opportunity that we get to do this, it'll still never be enough because I never feel like I truly get to express my thanks appropriately or recognize everybody.

@juke we're getting old now but the best part is the many memories we've made along the way. If I had to do this for a job, I would happily jump at this opportunity if you were right there at my side. All I can do is put in the time, your brains definitely helps to point me in the right direction, and most of all, ground me when I start to spiral into draft frenzy.

@FuzzSHL @KlusteR I'd like to mention you guys early on because both of you have been significant reasons why I still stuck with the site. I don't doubt that what you did in terms of reaching out, helping and/or drafting me was something you would do and have done for countless people, but the fact that you took the time is still greatly appreciated nonetheless. I that I might be able to pay it forward by providing that same kind of support and opportunity to newer users during my time as a more 'veteran' user on the site.

@JNH I know you've been around but I hope you know that every one of your kids are so lucky to have you around to be the role model. Judging by the number of pings I got from this PT along, I know that I've been influential in some small form to a number of people. Can't imagine how many more that you've affected positively. I hope to continue to lurk in your spotify for the vibes.

@SDCore I honestly believe that you're probably the person on the site I'm most likely to meet IRL at some point and it's going to be a blast. I only hope my stomach and liver is ready for it. Other than that though while you're maybe not as good of a role model, you certainly make up for it and more in simply being Corey.

@Patty @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn @Lime Getting drafted to NL was one thing but without you guys as part of that S53 group, I don't think I would have had as much as fun as I did and still continue to do. Love that you guys are still around even though the team we have today is long different than what we started out with. @"NeonLime" Just doing this incase I need to find the right alt account because apparently you have too many.

@"luketd" Thanks for the many things you do on and for the site. If you're partially fused with a sentient database then that explains a lot. Also thank you and @reid for starting SHN such that we could grow fat and lazy. It was incredibly fun to work as a collective to provide the kind of media that we did at one point.

Seems like the harder I try to think about more people, the less I can think of. For all of the people that I didn't mention, I guess I'll have to dedicate a separate thank post down the road assuming I remember off the bat. I do want to especially shoutout those who I drafted, signed etc as the Newfoundland GM. I can't tell you how proud I am to see you guys come into your own and enjoy the site hopefully as much as I have. These days there's nothing quite like seeing a draft pick pan out, not for just earning but becoming a pillar in our team and their respective circles.

Oh yeah and @Festinator we'll see each other soon enough. When we get to play some shinny is a different question but I'm crossing my fingers.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

PBE PT

[Image: hopoate.png]

My time in the SHL sometimes feels like a dream. It was end of summer 2019, which is such a long time ago that I can't even fathom. Nothing before 2020 makes sense anymore. At any rate, I joined then and my first few seasons were great. I met great people like @Fitted2106, @Rich, @Z0REM, @ACapitalChicago, @FuzzSHL, @trella , @sve7en and others I am sure I am forgetting. Although we don't see each other as often, it was certainly all of these guys' faults that I am still around. At some point in the league my activity had almost dropped to zero. Truth be told, i don't even remember this. But due to great guys in Carolina and trying to build a community in Tampa Bay with @MCP_ , @hockeyiscool, fitted, @Rankle, and trella it felt like I had a renewed purpose. Switching to FHM helped tremendously as well. And a pandemic certainly helps. Since then, I've met great people like @rum_ham, @Rangerjase, Hexx (what the fuck is your site name), @peej2189 and some who I am missing dearly like @ThisSeemsFishy, @Wearingabear, @Mediocre_Fred, @Pythonic and more. Even though i still see you guys quite frequently, its a different vibe

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Sometimes the SHL can seem like a toxic place and it seems like the majority of what’s highlighted and brought to the surface is the dislike for one another. I know it’s a strange way to start this PT, but at the end of the day the SHL has great users, and many who I have been lucky enough to become friends with and get to know.

@aaronwilson @dmills3 @"luketd" @Inf1d3l @SecondSucks22 all these guys I met through my time in the Vancouver and they definitely helped make my time there great and enjoyable. These are probably some of the nicest people on the site and if anyone would have had the opportunity to come through the Whalers when this team was around, you would understand why I’m saying this.

@golden_apricot @bluesfan55 @RotticusScott @Jobin @Hallsy To my Steelhawks teammates (and I know there is more, there’s just too many to name), this group has been great since I got here, welcomed me with open arms and just made playing for this team a great experience.

@Kalakar @Briedaqueduc @Waters @Gwdjohnson To my fellow Habs fans that I have gotten closer to (I know we grew in the discord but these guys are definitely the ones I’d say I’m closer to). One hell of a run this season and glad we could have had plenty of discussion about this team over the past few months. Can’t wait to do it all again!

@slothfacekilla @Dextaria To my two loyal stream viewers (there are more, they just seem to be there the most often. I love you all <3), I definitely couldn’t leave them out of this! Although we’ve had conversations together in the past, I have become closer to you both through my stream and I can’t say thanks enough. Both great guys and love speaking to either of them, any time.

There are probably a ton of people I missed so I’m sorry. But everyone on this list, and to whoever I may have missed, you’re absolutely great people and I am very happy to have met you all and gotten to know you!

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

The SHL is a very welcoming site to be apart of & I have enjoyed my time since joining in S35. I have never had a bad experience with anyone in any of the discords I've been in & that says a lot. There are many people I've met & had some really good conversations with and that I consider them friends but I’m not going to list everyone because I would hate to leave anyone off of my list. My main ones would be Evok & Fae for drafting me to Quebec, right from the start I felt at home & knew I was in the right place. The locker room is filled with some of my favorite people/players. Also a big thank you to Tomen & WBF for drafting me in the SHL. The locker room is crazy busy & there’s always something going on, so many good people in there & I’m happy I’m getting to know them.

160 Words

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

ISFL Affiliate Claim

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I came across the SHL in middle of May 2020, right about two months into shelter in place. It was a time when every one was still weary about going out, but the weather was nicer, work was a very mild load for me at that point. So finding a community like this was amazing and over the past year I've met some truly amazing people. Anchorage LR is a bustling place with lots of conversations going on, full of rookies, current players, vets and stowaways who found their way into the LR some how. Ass and GA took a chance and drafted me after not talking to me. Immediately I was greeted by the likes of Oats, TURG, honkerrs, pampelmousse, Keni, hotdog, Gabe, bloos, frith, frick, bojo and many others who made that LR sometimes hard to keep up with, but always there for game time. Then I got to know more of the older alum like WT, Arty, ML, JY, Tomas, and ofc Rag, who all helped build the foundation for that LR and make it what it is. Of course I then i got drafted to TBB and met RumHam, RangerJase, DK, Trella, PB, Fitted, Hexx and so many others who were coming off a brutal winless season but kept the LR light. Now that I'm on the forge and meeting some other players, Kale, Evil Allbran, gurbs, fishy, and really trying to help build another great LR. Such an awesome opportunity to be here and watch everything between the thunderdomes and championship games.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland