Create Account

Add a [better] warning about retirement

08-11-2021, 01:05 AMMazatt Wrote:
08-10-2021, 05:47 PMluketd Wrote: in all seriousness, this isnt an issue. There are no meme retirements, the example sve7en posted was from Gordie, but he didnt unretire? Did he regret it later? sure, thats probably why sve7en posted it. But the rules are pretty clear. You retire here, and you retire. You have a 7 day grace period where you can unretire, but you get a penalty for it.

Point me to another example of a person unretiring. Last one other than Trix I remember is Galaxtic, and the one guy that retired and unretired when JY became Manhattan GM.

I think Wally did too? But that was 4 years ago when he got fired from the Portland job I think
Not sure on the context used here but Gordie did unretire and is currently playing for New England and is updating actively. Not that this makes it a major issue worth fussing over, but just wanted to point that out.

He recreates

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

08-09-2021, 06:11 PMsve7en Wrote: This league is straight trash when it comes to reading rules. Make some kind of [better] notice that un-retiring costs TPE before more people get clowned by this (reasonable) rule.
This is some Carlz-esque response to the rulebook and I expected better of you.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 11:04 AM by sve7en.)

08-11-2021, 10:44 AMWeretarantula Wrote:
08-09-2021, 06:11 PMsve7en Wrote: This league is straight trash when it comes to reading rules. Make some kind of [better] notice that un-retiring costs TPE before more people get clowned by this (reasonable) rule.
This is some Carlz-esque response to the rulebook and I expected better of you.

Well played lmao

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

08-10-2021, 07:34 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: As someone who was around when this wasn't a rule, you don't want this rule gone. It led to a lot of meme and joke retirements, and a lot of issues of rage retirements and some really nasty shit going on in the retirement forum that just wasn't worth it. It was the reason the rule was put in place in like 2012 to stop that from happening and it has done a really good job mitigating that risk.

Some people are unfortunately going to get fucked by it. I can't remember a ton since 2012, and I wouldn't want to open that door for it to happen again by offering a grace period, especially with the league even bigger today than it was. It isn't like retiring is an easy thing, you have to click several different places and start a topic to do it. Unfortunately this is the best deterrant for stopping meme retirements and it has done a good job in its time. Truly it's kind of like saying "well we should have a grace period on tampering in case someone hasn't read the rules". I don't think that would get any support. You kind of just need to read the rules. It isn't new, and it isn't even that harsh. 15% was likely the bare minimum to supress nonsense in that retirement forum. It should be for true retirements

To be completely honest, the people on this site are a slightly different community then they used to be back in 2012. So for what it's worth I wouldn't be too worried. That said though, idk how much of an issue this is and if it actually isn't mostly solved anyway thanks to the warning on the retirement page.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

6 pages in and I still don't understand what prompted this lmao

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Have we had a recipe yet I’m too lazy to scroll through but I can post what I made last night

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 05:25 PM by roastpuff.)

08-11-2021, 04:13 PMoverdoo Wrote: Have we had a recipe yet I’m too lazy to scroll through but I can post what I made last night

Quote:An easy homemade jam recipe made with fresh summer figs. Perfect for enjoying on its own, in a PB&J sandwich, or in other recipes. No canning required – just stick it in the fridge when done!

INGREDIENTS

1 lb black figs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tsp lemon juice (juice of 1/2 small lemon)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

INSTRUCTIONS

Pull the stems off the figs, then puree them in a food processor until mostly smooth (a few chunks are okay to give it some texture).

Transfer the fig paste to a medium-sized heavy-bottomed (but not cast iron) pot. Stir in the sugar, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium.

Boil, stirring nearly constantly, until it becomes jam-like in consistency. At this point it’ll look kind of shiny and will fall off a spoon in bigger clumps or sheets, as opposed to small drips. If you are unsure, turn off the heat and place a bit of the jam on a cold plate (stuck in the freezer before you begin), let it sit for a minute or so, then check the consistency to see if it is jam-like. If needed, return to the heat for a few more minutes.

Once it is finished cooking, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.

Carefully transfer the jam to a clean jar. Screw the lid on a bit, but don’t tighten it. Let it cool for an hour or so, then transfer to the fridge (still with a semi-loose lid). After it has cooled completely you can tighten the lid – it just gets stuck if you tighten it while hot. Store in the refrigerator.

NOTES
Do not tighten the lid and store at room temperature. The jam at this stage has not been sterilized and is meant only to be stored in the refrigerator – this is a quick jam, not a true canning recipe. You could most likely go ahead and can this if you wish, but I have not tried it with this exact recipe, and therefore make no promises. The proportions of ingredients may need to be altered, and the batch is small.

Jam can be refrigerated for a maximum of 10 days, or frozen.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 06:51 PM by overdoo.)

08-11-2021, 05:24 PMroastpuff Wrote:
08-11-2021, 04:13 PMoverdoo Wrote: Have we had a recipe yet I’m too lazy to scroll through but I can post what I made last night

Quote:An easy homemade jam recipe made with fresh summer figs. Perfect for enjoying on its own, in a PB&J sandwich, or in other recipes. No canning required – just stick it in the fridge when done!

INGREDIENTS

1 lb black figs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tsp lemon juice (juice of 1/2 small lemon)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

INSTRUCTIONS

Pull the stems off the figs, then puree them in a food processor until mostly smooth (a few chunks are okay to give it some texture).

Transfer the fig paste to a medium-sized heavy-bottomed (but not cast iron) pot. Stir in the sugar, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium.

Boil, stirring nearly constantly, until it becomes jam-like in consistency. At this point it’ll look kind of shiny and will fall off a spoon in bigger clumps or sheets, as opposed to small drips. If you are unsure, turn off the heat and place a bit of the jam on a cold plate (stuck in the freezer before you begin), let it sit for a minute or so, then check the consistency to see if it is jam-like. If needed, return to the heat for a few more minutes.

Once it is finished cooking, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.

Carefully transfer the jam to a clean jar. Screw the lid on a bit, but don’t tighten it. Let it cool for an hour or so, then transfer to the fridge (still with a semi-loose lid). After it has cooled completely you can tighten the lid – it just gets stuck if you tighten it while hot. Store in the refrigerator.

NOTES
Do not tighten the lid and store at room temperature. The jam at this stage has not been sterilized and is meant only to be stored in the refrigerator – this is a quick jam, not a true canning recipe. You could most likely go ahead and can this if you wish, but I have not tried it with this exact recipe, and therefore make no promises. The proportions of ingredients may need to be altered, and the batch is small.

Jam can be refrigerated for a maximum of 10 days, or frozen.
The one chance I had.. might have to try tho

08-11-2021, 06:27 AMluketd Wrote:
08-11-2021, 01:05 AMMazatt Wrote: Not sure on the context used here but Gordie did unretire and is currently playing for New England and is updating actively. Not that this makes it a major issue worth fussing over, but just wanted to point that out.

He recreates

I unretired after a rage retirement (after @Ace got sacked). I believe i suffered 30-40 TPE, which imo is outrageous. I wasn’t aware of the rule. Yes i was “dumb” to not read it. 

Anyway since the penalty i am updating regularly, but i lost the appetite to create a (super)star player. I have hit almost 1000 TPE, think i can hit 1200-1300 before regression kicks in.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

08-13-2021, 08:34 AMgordieboom Wrote:
08-11-2021, 06:27 AMluketd Wrote: He recreates

I unretired after a rage retirement (after @Ace got sacked). I believe i suffered 30-40 TPE, which imo is outrageous. I wasn’t aware of the rule. Yes i was “dumb” to not read it. 

Anyway since the penalty i am updating regularly, but i lost the appetite to create a (super)star player. I have hit almost 1000 TPE, think i can hit 1200-1300 before regression kicks in.

I was thinking about Gordie my bad. But you said it yourself, you were dumb not to read it. It’s stickied to the thread for a purpose. It’s a rule that has been followed for 9 years now.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

08-10-2021, 06:57 PM.bojo Wrote:
08-10-2021, 06:50 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: Poosh pic or bust

[Image: unknown.png]

I'm so uncomfortable right now.

Zach Evans | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

08-13-2021, 11:51 AMluketd Wrote:
08-13-2021, 08:34 AMgordieboom Wrote: I unretired after a rage retirement (after @Ace got sacked). I believe i suffered 30-40 TPE, which imo is outrageous. I wasn’t aware of the rule. Yes i was “dumb” to not read it. 

I was thinking about Gordie my bad. But you said it yourself, you were dumb not to read it. It’s stickied to the thread for a purpose. It’s a rule that has been followed for 9 years now.

It is easy to overlook. I think only a small percentage know about the rule.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

08-13-2021, 11:51 AMluketd Wrote: It’s a rule that has been followed for 9 years now.

I think everyone understand that this is the current rule and this is were it's always been stickied and this is how it's always been done, but that's no reason to not at least think about whether that's still the way we want to do things or not.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

08-13-2021, 11:56 AMztevans Wrote:
08-10-2021, 06:57 PM.bojo Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

I'm so uncomfortable right now.

Imagine being ahead of me in formula vee and seeing this in your rear view

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

08-13-2021, 01:16 PM.bojo Wrote:
08-13-2021, 11:56 AMztevans Wrote: I'm so uncomfortable right now.

Imagine being ahead of me in formula vee and seeing this in your rear view
GG. I was in SCOR long enough to see my demise coming.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother